DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40000, Flames of War, Warmachine and Warhammer Forums
ForumGalleryArticlesVideoPodcastsHobby BlogsStore FinderPlayer FinderArmy PainterJoin Us!
Switch Theme:

Ian's ADEPTUS ARBITES [3rd Feb - Siege Tank started]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

J-paint wrote:The red on that judge is really beautiful, love it! Any chance of sharing what colour you mixed in to get that baroque style highlight?

This blog gets better and better =] looking forwards to more.


Thanks - it's actually a very quick mixture, but obviously it's been affected somewhat by the original shaded white that I had on the robes, which probably boosts the contrast a bit. The original white mix was 50/50 Fortress Grey/Skull White, LOTS of Badab Black, then Skull White. The red mix was painted over this.

The first colour was Red Gore. Red Gore might have been renamed Scab Red since I got that pot - not sure.
Then LOTS of Badab Black.
Then a rough 40/40/20 mix of Red Gore/Blood Red/Skull White
Then the 80/20 mix of Blood Red/Skull White that I use for all the red faceplates.

I think it's the inclusion of a bit of Skull White into all the bright highlighting colours that gets the slightly pastelly/flat look....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/16 11:08:17


FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Advert


Login or Register to make this and other promotional elements disappear from your dakka browsing.
Made in gb
Storm Trooper with Maglight






Thats really interesting because i've been mixing in elf flesh for the final highlight on my ad mech (in sig) because i read somewhere it would help with the pastel like effect, but its interesting to know you just used white, will definitely be giving that a go, thanks for the tip.

Just thought i'd drop in a compliment on the rhino/chimeras as well, really loving the built up look. =] keep it up.

   
Made in dk
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





Denmark

ArbitorIan wrote:Here's the new robes on the Judge. I darkened the helmet just slightly to bring it together....



Great improvement, imho! Have you thought about doing any text or icons on his stoles? Maybe add some spot color?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/16 12:06:03


The 104th Vostroyan Mechanized
White Scars

Viktor von Domm: nope... can´t do that for the sake of all lving creatures that dwell on earth....
dsteingass: That's like saying "I forgot to tell you who your real father is"
nerdfest09: Rawson speaks the truth! 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





USA

The robes really stand out now, nice work.

Let us all say the bad guy affirmation
- I am bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.

Latest battle report: Winner Drink All 2014
(http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/612582.page#7156517
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Rawson wrote:Maybe add some spot color?


Where would you suggest for spot colour? Maybe a different colour book? There's not a lot of standout bits of him - and I expect text would be black.

Also, progress with the second Judge/Priest - this one will be Jacobus. He's a bit wonky as he's not on the correct base. It's also quite hard to get a photo of this guy - he has no obvious 'front'.



FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in dk
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





Denmark

ArbitorIan wrote:
Rawson wrote:Maybe add some spot color?


Where would you suggest for spot colour? Maybe a different colour book? There's not a lot of standout bits of him - and I expect text would be black.

Well, it is a little bit tough since the classic Arbites scheme is two primary colors. Text in the book would be a good addition, but wouldn't help the color problem. I'm thinking brown text edged in green on his stoles. Whaddaya think 'bout that?

The 104th Vostroyan Mechanized
White Scars

Viktor von Domm: nope... can´t do that for the sake of all lving creatures that dwell on earth....
dsteingass: That's like saying "I forgot to tell you who your real father is"
nerdfest09: Rawson speaks the truth! 
   
Made in ca
Sister Vastly Superior





GTA

This is my favorite thread on here

Keep up the great work!

The Emperor may only have 20 sons but has countless daughters. 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

MrFlutterPie wrote:This is my favorite thread on here Keep up the great work!


Thanks!

Rawson wrote:Text in the book would be a good addition, but wouldn't help the color problem. I'm thinking brown text edged in green on his stoles. Whaddaya think 'bout that?


I might well try that, though since the second Priest has more space for text, I might get them both up and running, and then go into the text. Maybe if the stoles had a combination of text and bright icons, there would be an excuse to fir in some other colours?

-----

And, in other news, Retribution Squad is complete - one new Proctor (to be honest, he's so mobile, I'll probably use him in a Dominion squad) and four Arbites with 'Heavy Bolters' (ahem..)




FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb
Barpharanges






On my phone, most likely

They're ace. And I really like the slab basing - felt it deserved a comment, it's not been getting the love it deserves. When you bringing these bad boys up to Glasgow for a game?

DS:70S++GM+++B+I+Pw40k88-D+A++/sWD127R+++T(M)DM+
The Ordo Bloggit
Yellowbeard: "Shop 'smart', shop Graven-mart!"
Casey's Law: "Graven: Speaking the truth and providing the rofls since '09."
Solar_Lion: "Deep in the bowels of a forge world lies a machine so terrible and purposeful that its very existence is only rumor and myth. It never sleeps and always hungers. Never satiated. Always creating, always churning out more and more. Never satisfied. It’s purpose long forgotten. It only lives to build more and more of the truly insane. The Deus ex Gravenator. Your only hope is to die in your sleep so save the last bullet for you!"
cormadepanda: "You suffer from creator syndrome."

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
He who organises painting...







Looking good, AI - getting an Adeptus Arbites squad together has been one of hose things on my to-do list for a while.

Irregular Magazine - a free e-zine produced quarterly by the Sheffield Irregulars. By gamers, for gamers.

Looking to improve your painting? Try a dose of WAMP in your daily intake - the Wargames and Miniatures Paradise.....

My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 14/04/2013 - May the fourth be with you: X-Wing Regionals 2013

2013 Painting - WIPs 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Just thought I'd get some photos of the whole army progress...

This one is every model completed so far


And this is the progress so far with the SoB build

FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb
Perfect Shot Dark Angels Predator Pilot






Behind you!

That sir, got an Exalt!

===>
!!Blogs!!
LOTR ~!Rohan!~!Heroes!~ Paintjob Virgin
BloodBowl !Pic heavy!

Facebook Page

----We be nice to them.....If they be nice to us-----<>Gollem<>----
 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Sharazad wrote:That sir, got an Exalt!


feth YEAH!


FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
He who organises painting...







Nice army shots, Ian - managed to win the Judge with Power Maul and Bolt Pistol on eBay this evening, along with one of the round helmet shotgun guys, so my Precinct has begun

Irregular Magazine - a free e-zine produced quarterly by the Sheffield Irregulars. By gamers, for gamers.

Looking to improve your painting? Try a dose of WAMP in your daily intake - the Wargames and Miniatures Paradise.....

My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 14/04/2013 - May the fourth be with you: X-Wing Regionals 2013

2013 Painting - WIPs 
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Kommando






Scotland, Ardrishaig, argyll and bute.

Nice pics!!!!

====Start Dakkadakka Geek code====
DT:90+S+++G+++M+++B++++++Pw40k09++++D+++A++/fWD1R+++T(T)DM+
====End Dakkadakka Geek code===

 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

anton wrote:Nice pics!!!!


Thanks!

Dysartes wrote:Nice army shots, Ian - managed to win the Judge with Power Maul and Bolt Pistol on eBay this evening, along with one of the round helmet shotgun guys, so my Precinct has begun


Aha - fantastic. Let me know if you need any regular 2ed shotgun guys - I have a bit of a surfeit at the moment if you want to trade...!

FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb
Barpharanges






On my phone, most likely

Looking good mate - pleased with FW arbites promo, btw?

DS:70S++GM+++B+I+Pw40k88-D+A++/sWD127R+++T(M)DM+
The Ordo Bloggit
Yellowbeard: "Shop 'smart', shop Graven-mart!"
Casey's Law: "Graven: Speaking the truth and providing the rofls since '09."
Solar_Lion: "Deep in the bowels of a forge world lies a machine so terrible and purposeful that its very existence is only rumor and myth. It never sleeps and always hungers. Never satiated. Always creating, always churning out more and more. Never satisfied. It’s purpose long forgotten. It only lives to build more and more of the truly insane. The Deus ex Gravenator. Your only hope is to die in your sleep so save the last bullet for you!"
cormadepanda: "You suffer from creator syndrome."

 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

inmygravenimage wrote:Looking good mate - pleased with FW arbites promo, btw?


I am buying so many of him at Salute.... !!!

EDIT. Ah bugger. He's the 1st April only model, and I'll be in Scotland... :/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/24 00:47:36


FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb







London UK

yeah,
I think the email reads baddly. but the bottom bit makes clear these are the two event only models for 2012.
so we should be able to get some at salute. I fancy a doggie for my chaos lord...

These fantastic models will be available to purchase at all of our 2012 events, starting with the Forge World Open Day. We are not accepting Open Day reservation orders for the two Event Only models, and they will be limited to one of each per person on the day as usual.


Panic...

   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Ok, so I have a new goal - the completion of this army by the 2012 Rampage tournament in Bristol on the 28th April. Off to work.

I started with the remainder of the vehicles today. Three hulls complete, and magnetised for riot plows. The fourth (Immolator) hull still needs to be bought, but I did the turret anyway.



The two Immolator turrets with Arbites gunners, built from the gunner in the Imperial Guard box sets.



And all the weapon options magnetised.


FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





USA

Nice start. Can't wait to see them painted. Do the FW immolators only come with heavy flamer/multimeltas? I thought they could have a heavy bolter too.

Let us all say the bad guy affirmation
- I am bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.

Latest battle report: Winner Drink All 2014
(http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/612582.page#7156517
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Mr. S Baldrick wrote:Nice start. Can't wait to see them painted. Do the FW immolators only come with heavy flamer/multimeltas? I thought they could have a heavy bolter too.


Yup, the kit doesn't have any heavy bolters, though they are an option in the current SoB rules. I might convert some up - plenty of heavy bolters lying around....!

FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





USA

ArbitorIan wrote:Yup, the kit doesn't have any heavy bolters, though they are an option in the current SoB rules. I might convert some up - plenty of heavy bolters lying around....!



Thats wierd, but I am sure you will make something that looks cool.

Let us all say the bad guy affirmation
- I am bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.

Latest battle report: Winner Drink All 2014
(http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/612582.page#7156517
   
Made in us
Nurgle Veteran Marine with the Flu





Las Vegas

When this thing gets bigger, you should try to add Necromunda Gangs in as things like Conscripts, or at least, regular platoon squads. Could be an intersting take on how the Arbites operate.

If I had a dollar for every dollar I spent I'd have all my money back.
[url=http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Badab/index/]
[/url]
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
He who organises painting...







ArbitorIan wrote:
Dysartes wrote:Nice army shots, Ian - managed to win the Judge with Power Maul and Bolt Pistol on eBay this evening, along with one of the round helmet shotgun guys, so my Precinct has begun


Aha - fantastic. Let me know if you need any regular 2ed shotgun guys - I have a bit of a surfeit at the moment if you want to trade...!


If you're interested in the Roundhead, I'd be happy to look at a trade for him - I was looking to get the Judge from that auction, and prefer the look of the 2nd ed guys. Can't make my mind up on the Necromunda Enforcers, though, apart from the squad leader (who looks pretty cool).

ArbitorIan wrote:
inmygravenimage wrote:Looking good mate - pleased with FW arbites promo, btw?


I am buying so many of him at Salute.... !!!

EDIT. Ah bugger. He's the 1st April only model, and I'll be in Scotland... :/


As far as I could tell, they'll be available at all (or at least most) of the shows FW attend this year. It may be worth dropping them an email to check availability, however.

And my apologies - I didn't think to check this thread before going to the Open Day, as I'd've been happy to order one of him for you. As it stands, how about some pics of the parts?




That reminds me - how does this BoLS 'dex indicate cyberpuppies and their handlers should be based?

Irregular Magazine - a free e-zine produced quarterly by the Sheffield Irregulars. By gamers, for gamers.

Looking to improve your painting? Try a dose of WAMP in your daily intake - the Wargames and Miniatures Paradise.....

My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 14/04/2013 - May the fourth be with you: X-Wing Regionals 2013

2013 Painting - WIPs 
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Dysartes wrote:If you're interested in the Roundhead, I'd be happy to look at a trade for him - I was looking to get the Judge from that auction, and prefer the look of the 2nd ed guys. Can't make my mind up on the Necromunda Enforcers, though, apart from the squad leader (who looks pretty cool)


Cool - well, I'd be up for trading for the roundheaded shotgun guy - I haven't got one of those. I've probably got a whole squad of 7/8 2ed Shotgun guys going spare, and a Grenade Launcher guy, if you want to do a bigger trade. I've also got spare Enforcer Proctors. I'm always looking for lots of stuff - PM me if you want to figure out a squad-size trade or something. Unfortunately, all my guys are already painted...

Dysartes wrote:As far as I could tell, they'll be available at all (or at least most) of the shows FW attend this year. It may be worth dropping them an email to check availability, however.And my apologies - I didn't think to check this thread before going to the Open Day, as I'd've been happy to order one of him for you. As it stands, how about some pics of the parts?


Ah - I was actually at the open day! They didn't have anything else I wanted, which was annoying, but I ordered five of the Enforcers for delivery. If I like them, I'll pre-order some more for Salute. I think the resin Enforcers are going to be REALLY useful for conversions...!

Dysartes wrote:That reminds me - how does this BoLS 'dex indicate cyberpuppies and their handlers should be based?


Almost every 'dex I've seen has cyberpups and handlers on separate 25mm bases. I'll be putting all mine on 25mm bases, since I'm planning to use them as Death Cult Assassins...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
While I had a morning free, I've finished up the other Judge - my counts-as Jacobus. Missed a bit of GS on his foot though, which I'll go back and cover up now...


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/04/10 07:05:19


FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
He who organises painting...







ArbitorIan wrote:
Dysartes wrote:If you're interested in the Roundhead, I'd be happy to look at a trade for him - I was looking to get the Judge from that auction, and prefer the look of the 2nd ed guys. Can't make my mind up on the Necromunda Enforcers, though, apart from the squad leader (who looks pretty cool)


Cool - well, I'd be up for trading for the roundheaded shotgun guy - I haven't got one of those. I've probably got a whole squad of 7/8 2ed Shotgun guys going spare, and a Grenade Launcher guy, if you want to do a bigger trade. I've also got spare Enforcer Proctors. I'm always looking for lots of stuff - PM me if you want to figure out a squad-size trade or something. Unfortunately, all my guys are already painted...


Well, if you're after the Roundheads, I spotted this lot on eBay this morning - might be worth keeping an eye on.

ArbitorIan wrote:While I had a morning free, I've finished up the other Judge - my counts-as Jacobus. Missed a bit of GS on his foot though, which I'll go back and cover up now...




Jacobus is looking good, Ian.

Irregular Magazine - a free e-zine produced quarterly by the Sheffield Irregulars. By gamers, for gamers.

Looking to improve your painting? Try a dose of WAMP in your daily intake - the Wargames and Miniatures Paradise.....

My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 14/04/2013 - May the fourth be with you: X-Wing Regionals 2013

2013 Painting - WIPs 
   
Made in gb







London UK

yeah,
Your new camera is really working out these photos look great.

Panic...

   
Made in us
Ruthless Interrogator





USA

Ian,
Is that any chance of seeing a Battle report for the SOB any time soon. I have seen that you and Panic are play testing tournament lits. Could the SOB be appearing against the DE anytime soon, we hope

Let us all say the bad guy affirmation
- I am bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There is no one I would rather be than me.

Latest battle report: Winner Drink All 2014
(http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/612582.page#7156517
   
Made in gb
Zealous Witch Finder






London, UK

Panic wrote:yeah,Your new camera is really working out these photos look great.Panic...


Hmm... it's certainly a lot more accurate and unforgiving. Showing up a LOT more mistakes....!!

Mr. S Baldrick wrote:Ian,Is that any chance of seeing a Battle report for the SOB any time soon. I have seen that you and Panic are play testing tournament lits. Could the SOB be appearing against the DE anytime soon, we hope


Yup, we're testing for a tournament in a few weeks so we should see some Arbites action in the next few weeks - I have to get thing like Seraphim converted first, though!!

FORGE WORLD RULES INDEX

My profile -- Adeptus Arbites -- White Scars -- IG Suicide Legion -- IG Militia -- Squats -- Tau -- Daemons -- Noise Marines
BATTLE REPORT ARCHIVE -- DR:80S++G+M++B+I+Pw40k92/f+D++++A++++/mWD158R+T(M)DM+

 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to:   

Dakka 5.42 - Privacy Policy - Legal Stuff - Forum Rules