DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40000, Flames of War, Warmachine and Warhammer Forums
ForumGalleryArticlesVideoPodcastsHobby BlogsStore FinderPlayer FinderArmy PainterJoin Us!
Switch Theme:

Warpath War Games Club Norwich MESSAGE FROM MANAGEMENT p51  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Made in gb
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon





Norwich

righto as everyone prob knows, spanky isnt here on monday, i have managed to get a little time away from work type things, so i will be.
Also, i want a game o 40k, who is up for fighting the DArk anGals Spesh mureens!!!

Formosa

My HH Review
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/563152.page 
   
Advert


Login or Register to make this and other promotional elements disappear from your dakka browsing.
Made in gb
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






Norwich

Formosa wrote:righto as everyone prob knows, spanky isnt here on monday, i have managed to get a little time away from work type things, so i will be.
Also, i want a game o 40k, who is up for fighting the DArk anGals Spesh mureens!!!


I don't mind. I'll use necrons.



 
   
Made in gb
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






Norwich

Shame that I didn't get a game this week. Next week, I do want a game though.



 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Hmm no game this week, oh well at least it's Dark Heresy next week.

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

hey guys, i can't get down on monday i'm affraid cos its my daughters bday, so Spanky can you give us a call or text or message etc etc so i can drop the scenery to you m8.

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

I guess I'll have to write your charcater in as an NPC then.

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

On a lighter note i went and bought myself the Sonnia criid crew

oh and has anyone heard rumours that empire are next on the agender of GW releases?? apparently a Warrior priest kit, Demigriff cavalry, and a War Alter/Nuln Great Cannon kit.

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Nice choice, I must admit I'm eyeing up a couple more crews for myself too.

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

How do All

I will be there this week, just a reminder November membership will now be on sale.

Also the mad twisted genius that is Games Master Nick Ellingworth is running Dark Heresy again so all people who are taking part remember your D100 and bribery cookies.

October is hopefully going to be awesome, it's a 5 Monday month and we now have a fair chunk in the scenery budget so hopefully we will be able to plough that back into the club this month.


PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

It takes more than cookies to bribe me, donuts are a minimum.

BTW I now have the Inquisitor's Handbook and will introduce it for the next campaign. Oh and I have some other things I want to force on you too for that campaign and trust me you will need it.

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Wondering Why the Emperor Left






Would anyone be up for doing some mordheim at some point. I've started reading some rules and it's just like fantasy only basically 10 - 20 models so its a small game and cheap to collect. There are different races like fantasy i.e Skaven, Beastmen, Sisters of sigmar, Dwarfs, Vampire counts. It looks quite fun guess i'l have top print off the rulebook at some point and bring some models to proxy for a game in.

2500 points of Iron Hands!
5000 points of Skaven
2000 points of Daemons of Chaos

Adding to the Daemons and Iron Hands ATM! 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

yeah I don't mind giving it a look.

On a more serious note: Members with club scenery, I want all of it to be brought in next week regardless of its condition. This includes all spruces and left over parts, if it is not disciplinary action will be taken. I expect the full support of committee and club members on this

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/10/04 10:01:19


PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Incorporating Wet-Blending





UK

James100 wrote:Would anyone be up for doing some mordheim at some point. I've started reading some rules and it's just like fantasy only basically 10 - 20 models so its a small game and cheap to collect. There are different races like fantasy i.e Skaven, Beastmen, Sisters of sigmar, Dwarfs, Vampire counts. It looks quite fun guess i'l have top print off the rulebook at some point and bring some models to proxy for a game in.


Very much up for it, it's my favourite GW game. I have the rulebook, and some warbands. If you're looking to pick up some models for it, it's worth keeping in mind that the Empire Militia and Skaven Night Runner boxes were originally released for Mordheim, so they have all the equipment options you'll want. One box of either one of those will give you basically every model you'll ever need for your warband, unless you go for exotic extras, like hired swords and things.

I've been meaning to make some proper terrain for it for a while, converting the nice new GW terrain into ruins.. I did have the card buildings from the boxset, but they were a kinda flimsy and ended up taking a bit of a battering. Plastic is definitely the way to go to get stuff that is immune to damage.

Still out of Norwich at the moment, will be back in a month!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2011/10/04 10:25:33


<<< New Fantasy Skirmish Game with high-quality, affordable hard plastic minis.
Mantic Fantasy News and Rumors - Mantic Sci-fi News and Rumors If you play any Mantic games, check out my KoW, Deadzone & Warpath datafiles for Battlescribe
   
Made in gb
Wondering Why the Emperor Left






scarletsquig wrote:
James100 wrote:Would anyone be up for doing some mordheim at some point. I've started reading some rules and it's just like fantasy only basically 10 - 20 models so its a small game and cheap to collect. There are different races like fantasy i.e Skaven, Beastmen, Sisters of sigmar, Dwarfs, Vampire counts. It looks quite fun guess i'l have top print off the rulebook at some point and bring some models to proxy for a game in.


Very much up for it, it's my favourite GW game. I have the rulebook, and some warbands. If you're looking to pick up some models for it, it's worth keeping in mind that the Empire Militia and Skaven Night Runner boxes were originally released for Mordheim, so they have all the equipment options you'll want. One box of either one of those will give you basically every model you'll ever need for your warband, unless you go for exotic extras, like hired swords and things.

I've been meaning to make some proper terrain for it for a while, converting the nice new GW terrain into ruins.. I did have the card buildings from the boxset, but they were a kinda flimsy and ended up taking a bit of a battering. Plastic is definitely the way to go to get stuff that is immune to damage.

Still out of Norwich at the moment, will be back in a month!


ok cool. i have skaven naturally as one of my many fantasy armies and i can easily create an eshin army im sure. i'm guessing there's some sort of points system if so just tell me what points etc and i can look through the rulebook and come up with a cool eshin army!

2500 points of Iron Hands!
5000 points of Skaven
2000 points of Daemons of Chaos

Adding to the Daemons and Iron Hands ATM! 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

SpankHammer III wrote:yeah I don't mind giving it a look.

On a more serious note: Members with club scenery, I want all of it to be brought in next week regardless of its condition. This includes all spruces and left over parts, if it is not disciplinary action will be taken. I expect the full support of committee and club members on this


Full support from me spankHammer, regardless of the condition please bring it in plus spues!!!!!!

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Yep we really do need the scenery. As I said yesterday I'd be happy to make some for the club if I can find the time as I've got all the materials needed simply lying around at home.

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

Good News All

I have just purchased a bumper crop of scenery for the club. I have paid for it using my paypal account, it is from Wayland Games, unfortunately I can't afford to donate this so I will be reimbursing myself using the club funds.

Due to several requests a good portion of it will be fantasy, however I have tried to keep a good deal of it generic e.g trees, walls, hills

However for you 40k fans I have purchased a bastion and some additional craters.


I realise that some of you might have wanted more specialised terrain for other systems or from other manufacturers, such as terraclips, but through a combination supply issues and due to the majority of the club playing GW games I felt this was the best option.

PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Oooh what are we getting?

Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

I don't really want to ruin the surprise

Spoiler:
nah to be honest I haven't got the exact list as I got a little click happy but of the top of my head it includes but not limited to

a set of templates (as members seem to forget theirs)
trees
walls and fences
chapel
Bastion
Modular hill
craters
The new vampire kit (apologies can't remember the name)

PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Nice

I think you mean this......

Spoiler:
Garden of Morr


BTW I've just ordered a second Malifaux crew like I said I would (bascially so I can lend a crew to anyone who wants to give the game a go) and the Infinity rule book, now I've just got to track down the Human Sphere expansion book so I actually have the rules for the faction I've gone for.

EDIT: Gah out of print. Meant to have been reprinted last month.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/10/04 18:33:05


Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

i'm a complete idiot, sometimes. Just log on to my way land account

Spoiler:
CITADEL WALLS AND FENCES
99220299022 2 £20.00
CITADEL WOOD
99129999002 2 £27.20
GAMING HILL
99129999004 1 £12.40
UNIVERSAL TEMPLATES
99220199009 1 £4.08
WARHAMMER ARCANE RUINS
99129999003 1 £12.40
CHAPEL
99120299014 2 £24.80
MOONSCAPE
99220199037 1 £8.20
IMPERIAL BASTION
99120199018 1 £14.80
Garden of Morr
99120299023 1 £20.40


That is exactly what we got and the prices, however VAT and postage are not included.

PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Wondering Why the Emperor Left






SpankHammer III wrote:i'm a complete idiot, sometimes. Just log on to my way land account

Spoiler:
CITADEL WALLS AND FENCES
99220299022 2 £20.00
CITADEL WOOD
99129999002 2 £27.20
GAMING HILL
99129999004 1 £12.40
UNIVERSAL TEMPLATES
99220199009 1 £4.08
WARHAMMER ARCANE RUINS
99129999003 1 £12.40
CHAPEL
99120299014 2 £24.80
MOONSCAPE
99220199037 1 £8.20
IMPERIAL BASTION
99120199018 1 £14.80
Garden of Morr
99120299023 1 £20.40


That is exactly what we got and the prices, however VAT and postage are not included.


Sweet! - Some good scenery at last!

Also what is happening game wise next week? - Weren't me, you, Formosa and micheal going to have a big olde game of 40k

2500 points of Iron Hands!
5000 points of Skaven
2000 points of Daemons of Chaos

Adding to the Daemons and Iron Hands ATM! 
   
Made in gb
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Sitting on the roof of my house with a shotgun, and a six pack of beers

Sweet! - Some good scenery at last!


I'll try not to take that too personally

Also what is happening game wise next week? - Weren't me, you, Formosa and micheal going to have a big olde game of 40k


It was suggested, have to see what turn out is like, availability of table space and such (also if I can get my IG sorted and in)

PM me and ask me about Warpath Wargames Norwich or send me an email

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

33rd Jalvene Outlanders & 112th Task Force 6600 Points (last count)

 
   
Made in gb
Powerful Irongut





On a sombreo, wearing a deckchair.

Hey guys.

I'll bring the scenery i have in next monday. couldn't bring it in before, had to go to hospital.

This message was edited -5416 times. Last update was at 18/11/46BC 14:51:61
Lorna wrote:1st Rule of Cooking: If it can be wrapped in Bacon, it should be.
2nd Rule of Cooking: EVERTHING, can be wrapped in Bacon.

Regnak wrote:interesting stuff although I'm disappointed that Squats failed to make the 6th Ed box
 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

Nick, would you like a game of hordes on monday m8? try out your skorn and then if we got time Malifaux

 
   
Made in gb
Infiltrating Naga





Norfolk

Well I've already got a game of Malifaux booked (with the guy you were mean to play last week) but yeah Hordes or Malifaux would be cool too.

Can you do 11pts? As that's all I've got for my Skorne.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/10/07 20:23:38


Treasurer/Dakka Thread Guy for Warpath Wargames Club Norwich
 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

Probably not 11pts, but malifaux would be cool or maybe if Lorna wants to then we can get some practice in for doubles??

 
   
Made in gb
Wondering Why the Emperor Left






Gorillawizard wrote:Nick, would you like a game of hordes on monday m8? try out your skorn and then if we got time Malifaux


At the end of the month i should be getting the circle orboros starter pack mainly because the reeves look cool and i want a small skirmish game ie small models.

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/circle-orboros/units/reeves-of-orboros-unit.png

also are there any shops in norwich which sell hordes?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/10/07 21:07:18


2500 points of Iron Hands!
5000 points of Skaven
2000 points of Daemons of Chaos

Adding to the Daemons and Iron Hands ATM! 
   
Made in gb
Camouflaged Ariadna Scout





Norwich, Norfolk

The games Room down Elm hill sells warmachine and hordes and Starwyn will do in the future i believe.

 
   
Made in gb
Deathwing Terminator with Assault Cannon





Norwich

im up for a 40k mega game, what will the sides be as i would like to do a good vs evil, so its either ork and x vs or ravenwing/deathwing and x vs.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
also, lets do a mission from the battle missions book

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/10/07 22:23:46


Formosa

My HH Review
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/563152.page 
   
 
Forum Index » Find a Game
Go to:   

Dakka 5.42 - Privacy Policy - Legal Stuff - Forum Rules