DakkaDakka - Warhammer 40000, Flames of War, Warmachine and Warhammer Forums
ForumGalleryArticlesVideoPodcastsHobby BlogsStore FinderPlayer FinderArmy PainterJoin Us!
Switch Theme:

The kind of guy you'd love to kick the s$&t out of just by looking at him  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Made in us






Chicago

Frazzled wrote:
I doubt that. We’ll see charges pretty soon.

If anything turns up, which is really unlikely. Read the longer version of the article, found here: http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/28/2090490/enochs-high-teacher-resigns-after.html

It seems there's not much evidence at all for anything sexual happening before she was 18. And, unless she decides to testify, I don't think they can do much.


And, as for biccat. I agree, it seems that people are leaping to the "he's a pedophile, get him" rather quickly. But, the school had every right to terminate him. Having a romantic relationship with a student (even if they are of-age) could be against their rules. Hell, plenty of colleges have that rule and will fire professors for sleeping with grad students.

It's no different than you sleeping with one of your clients. You'd be disbarred (or, at least face disciplinary hearings).

6000pts

DS:80S++G++M-B-I+Pw40k98-D++A++/areWD-R+T(D)DM+

What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

Join the fight against the zombie horde! 
   
Advert


Login or Register to make this and other promotional elements disappear from your dakka browsing.
Made in us
[DCM]
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing






On a boat, Trying not to die.

I'mma call butterface.

Anyway, this does sound a wee bit sketchy. But then again, fate is a cruel mistress. If they are actually in love, I wish them nothing but happiness.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 22:09:29


Every Normal Man Must Be Tempted At Times To Spit On His Hands, Hoist That Black Flag, And Begin Slitting Throats.

 
   
Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel




...urrrr... I dunno

Grakmar wrote:And, as for biccat. I agree, it seems that people are leaping to the "he's a pedophile, get him" rather quickly. But, the school had every right to terminate him. Having a romantic relationship with a student (even if they are of-age) could be against their rules. Hell, plenty of colleges have that rule and will fire professors for sleeping with grad students.

It's no different than you sleeping with one of your clients. You'd be disbarred (or, at least face disciplinary hearings).


Yes, I think most schools don't allow it. Unprofessional conduct, I think, though I can't remember the precise phrasing.

Melissia wrote:Stopping power IS a deterrent. The bigger a hole you put in them the more deterred they are.

Waaagh! Gorskar = 2050pts
Iron Warriors VII Company = 1850pts
Fjälnir Ironfist's Great Company = 1800pts
Guflag's Mercenary Ogres = 2000pts
 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka




I had a neighbor that was married to someone 18 years younger than himself. The relationship started when she was just barely legal.
She was the one that worked and supported the family while he sat on his ass talking about how good he was and how no one would hire him because they were afraid of losing their job to him.
The woman was 8 months pregnent and doing a 45 minute commute to work because this leach couldn't be bothered to work.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
5th God of Chaos! (Yea'rly!)




The Great State of Texas

Grakmar wrote:
Frazzled wrote:
I doubt that. We’ll see charges pretty soon.

If anything turns up, which is really unlikely. Read the longer version of the article, found here: http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/28/2090490/enochs-high-teacher-resigns-after.html

It seems there's not much evidence at all for anything sexual happening before she was 18. And, unless she decides to testify, I don't think they can do much.


And, as for biccat. I agree, it seems that people are leaping to the "he's a pedophile, get him" rather quickly. But, the school had every right to terminate him. Having a romantic relationship with a student (even if they are of-age) could be against their rules. Hell, plenty of colleges have that rule and will fire professors for sleeping with grad students.

It's no different than you sleeping with one of your clients. You'd be disbarred (or, at least face disciplinary hearings).


Its not lapsing into
41 year old guy meeting underage girl who was a student in his classroom. Thats derp de derp that something is amiss.
Plus all the other students in his classes at the time could now sue, claiming their grades were negatively impacted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 22:13:11


-"Wait a minute.....who is that Frazz is talking to in the gallery? Hmmm something is going on here.....Oh.... it seems there is some dispute over video taping of some sort......Frazz is really upset now..........wait a minute......whats he go there.......is it? Can it be?....Frazz has just unleashed his hidden weiner dog from his mini bag, while quoting shakespeares "Let slip the dogs the war!!" GG
-"Don't mind Frazzled. He's just Dakka's crazy old dude locked in the attic. He's harmless. Mostly."
-TBone the Magnificent 2008-2014, Long Live the King!
 
   
Made in us
Warplord Titan Princeps of Tzeentch





Grakmar wrote:It's no different than you sleeping with one of your clients. You'd be disbarred (or, at least face disciplinary hearings).

I'd have to look into that*, I think at least one of the states I'm admitted in lets me sleep with a client. Of course, I'd get disbarred from the others, and then disbarred in the permitting state for violating other states' rules. I probably would be OK with the PTO. They're pretty lenient as far as disciplinary actions go.

The school probably could have properly suspended him, but he gave up any right to fight the issue when he resigned. Teachers unions exist to keep guys like this in the classroom until there's been a final determination one way or the other.

* well, I would if I cared.

text removed by Moderation team. 
   
Made in us






Chicago

biccat wrote:
Grakmar wrote:It's no different than you sleeping with one of your clients. You'd be disbarred (or, at least face disciplinary hearings).

I'd have to look into that*, I think at least one of the states I'm admitted in lets me sleep with a client. Of course, I'd get disbarred from the others, and then disbarred in the permitting state for violating other states' rules. I probably would be OK with the PTO. They're pretty lenient as far as disciplinary actions go.

The school probably could have properly suspended him, but he gave up any right to fight the issue when he resigned. Teachers unions exist to keep guys like this in the classroom until there's been a final determination one way or the other.

* well, I would if I cared.

(My wife is a lawyer and I recently helped her study for the MPRE.)
You can continue a sexual relationship with a client if the relationship pre-dated him or her becoming a client. But, you cannot start a sexual relationship with a pre-existing client.

6000pts

DS:80S++G++M-B-I+Pw40k98-D++A++/areWD-R+T(D)DM+

What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

Join the fight against the zombie horde! 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
House Lannister Wedding Coordinator




Sicarus

Relapse wrote:I had a neighbor that was married to someone 18 years younger than himself. The relationship started when she was just barely legal.
She was the one that worked and supported the family while he sat on his ass talking about how good he was and how no one would hire him because they were afraid of losing their job to him.
The woman was 8 months pregnent and doing a 45 minute commute to work because this leach couldn't be bothered to work.


So? Another unfortunate tale, but a few people here are labeling this guy as a Pedophile before we have any information that points to that other than "they met when she was a freshman".

Professional misconduct is obvious, he was suspended after all. Was he in any wrong beyond that? We don't know. Stop jumping to scapegoat people.

Void_Dragon wrote:This thread has taken a turn for the delicious
 
   
Made in us






Chicago

Frazzled wrote:
Grakmar wrote:
Frazzled wrote:
I doubt that. We’ll see charges pretty soon.

If anything turns up, which is really unlikely. Read the longer version of the article, found here: http://www.modbee.com/2012/02/28/2090490/enochs-high-teacher-resigns-after.html

It seems there's not much evidence at all for anything sexual happening before she was 18. And, unless she decides to testify, I don't think they can do much.


Its not lapsing into
41 year old guy meeting underage girl who was a student in his classroom. Thats derp de derp that something is amiss.
Plus all the other students in his classes at the time could now sue, claiming their grades were negatively impacted.

Oh, I think it's fairly clear that something inappropriate and maybe illegal was going on. But, they're going to need an actual witness who saw them (and not just kissing) to make a criminal case. Otherwise, both will just deny they had sex, and no judge is going to ever let a "gut-feeling" even get to a trial.

And, I don't see how the students suing has anything to do with anything. Sure, they might be able to make a case. But, that doesn't result in any charges.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 22:27:03


6000pts

DS:80S++G++M-B-I+Pw40k98-D++A++/areWD-R+T(D)DM+

What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

Join the fight against the zombie horde! 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
5th God of Chaos! (Yea'rly!)




The Great State of Texas

iproxtaco wrote:
Relapse wrote:I had a neighbor that was married to someone 18 years younger than himself. The relationship started when she was just barely legal.
She was the one that worked and supported the family while he sat on his ass talking about how good he was and how no one would hire him because they were afraid of losing their job to him.
The woman was 8 months pregnent and doing a 45 minute commute to work because this leach couldn't be bothered to work.


So? Another unfortunate tale, but a few people here are labeling this guy as a Pedophile before we have any information that points to that other than "they met when she was a freshman".

Professional misconduct is obvious, he was suspended after all. Was he in any wrong beyond that? We don't know. Stop jumping to scapegoat people.


Strangely enough, I am willing to suspend my belief in innocent until proven guilty in this case. That of course doesn't count all the lives he just destroyed.
In the words of the immortal bard: unleash the Hounds!


Automatically Appended Next Post:

And, I don't see how the students suing has anything to do with anything. Sure, they might be able to make a case. But, that doesn't result in any charges.


Its a type of harassment claim. Instead of the usual "harmful environment" its almost reverse discrimination, a lack of preferential treatment as it were.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 22:28:25


-"Wait a minute.....who is that Frazz is talking to in the gallery? Hmmm something is going on here.....Oh.... it seems there is some dispute over video taping of some sort......Frazz is really upset now..........wait a minute......whats he go there.......is it? Can it be?....Frazz has just unleashed his hidden weiner dog from his mini bag, while quoting shakespeares "Let slip the dogs the war!!" GG
-"Don't mind Frazzled. He's just Dakka's crazy old dude locked in the attic. He's harmless. Mostly."
-TBone the Magnificent 2008-2014, Long Live the King!
 
   
Made in us
Warplord Titan Princeps of Tzeentch





Grakmar wrote:My wife is a lawyer and I recently helped her study for the MPRE.)
You can continue a sexual relationship with a client if the relationship pre-dated him or her becoming a client. But, you cannot start a sexual relationship with a pre-existing client.

Individual states have their own ethical rules, the MPRE tests you on the model rules set forth by the ABA. So there may be some differences between ABA rules and certain state rules.

I don't have any clients that I'd want to have a sexual relationship with, so it's really not something I'm interested in.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 22:31:23


text removed by Moderation team. 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka




iproxtaco wrote:
Relapse wrote:I had a neighbor that was married to someone 18 years younger than himself. The relationship started when she was just barely legal.
She was the one that worked and supported the family while he sat on his ass talking about how good he was and how no one would hire him because they were afraid of losing their job to him.
The woman was 8 months pregnent and doing a 45 minute commute to work because this leach couldn't be bothered to work.


So? Another unfortunate tale, but a few people here are labeling this guy as a Pedophile before we have any information that points to that other than "they met when she was a freshman".

Professional misconduct is obvious, he was suspended after all. Was he in any wrong beyond that? We don't know. Stop jumping to scapegoat people.


Just the same type of scumbag as the teacher I saw mess up my friends life. The only real difference is that at least he waited until his wife turned 18 before going after her.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
LET'S ROCKADOODLE DO THIS!!






Burtucky, Michigan

Apparently getting some young strange, does funny things to a man


 
   
Made in us






Chicago

biccat wrote:
Grakmar wrote:My wife is a lawyer and I recently helped her study for the MPRE.)
You can continue a sexual relationship with a client if the relationship pre-dated him or her becoming a client. But, you cannot start a sexual relationship with a pre-existing client.

Individual states have their own ethical rules, the MPRE tests you on the model rules set forth by the ABA. So there may be some differences between ABA rules and certain state rules.

Ah, I didn't realize that.

6000pts

DS:80S++G++M-B-I+Pw40k98-D++A++/areWD-R+T(D)DM+

What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

Join the fight against the zombie horde! 
   
Made in us
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker




The Mojave desert

Wow, this is sick.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Sheffield, UK

A teacher at my old school had a kid with an ex pupil, Another one married a girl in my year. They were both Geography teachers IIRC. Just in case you were trying to make a pattern.

I'm cancelling you out of shame like my subscription to White Dwarf. - Mark Corrigan: Peep Show

Spain in Flames (Spanish Civil War for Flames of War) Facebook Group
 
   
Made in us
Savage Minotaur




Chicago

I don't see the problemo, broseidons.

No evidence of any contact before she was of-age.

The man is a loser, but nothing wrong with what he did legally.

Girl (now a Woman) has a right to do whatever she wants. She was clearly treated like an precious animal on a leash, and she wants some freedom.

I blame the parents more than the old man - though I do wonder how he will generate income now?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 23:34:34


 
   
Made in us
Storm Trooper with Maglight




Chicago

Whether or not this is right or wrong, that guy is wearing the kinda grin I want to beat until he can't grin anymore.

Guardsmen, Fire!
...Feth yeah!
 
   
Made in us
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms





Auburn CA

Frazzled wrote:
Joey wrote:
Frazzled wrote:
What part of being a pedophile do you not get? Are you even remotely sane or versed at all in any law whatsoever?
I know Britain has a better legal system than the US, but even here thats a felony. In the UK they probably feed them to the haggis monster or something.

In the UK the age of consent is 16. As far as I can tell he wasn't attracted to her before she reached "maturity" so playing the peadophile card seems uncalled for.

He met her as a Freshman. Unless she was held back a few years she would have been substantially below that.


I met almost all of my teachers as a freshman.

I see nothing wrong with this in the least. He is not a pedophile and she is of age. Parents may start up a storm over this but I see nothing wrong with what he did. People leave their wives and children all the time and no one makes a fuss. But on Dakka I guess you get burned at the stake for leaving your wife for a woman you met at work.

 
   
Made in gb
Battlefortress Driver with Krusha Wheel




...urrrr... I dunno

Karon wrote:I don't see the problemo, broseidons.


And just like that I can't stop laughing. What a brilliant term.

Melissia wrote:Stopping power IS a deterrent. The bigger a hole you put in them the more deterred they are.

Waaagh! Gorskar = 2050pts
Iron Warriors VII Company = 1850pts
Fjälnir Ironfist's Great Company = 1800pts
Guflag's Mercenary Ogres = 2000pts
 
   
Made in us
Savage Minotaur




Chicago

Gorskar.da.Lost wrote:
Karon wrote:I don't see the problemo, broseidons.


And just like that I can't stop laughing. What a brilliant term.


Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/01 23:51:09


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
House Lannister Wedding Coordinator




Sicarus

Frazzled wrote:That of course doesn't count all the lives he just destroyed.


So the girl had no part in it then? Yeah, I don't quite believe that.

Relapse wrote:
Just the same type of scumbag as the teacher I saw mess up my friends life. The only real difference is that at least he waited until his wife turned 18 before going after her.


Do you find generalizing groups of people based on personal experiences a fun activity?

The girl is 18, legally an adult. They were photographed together looking fairly happy. The mother has already admitted she kept her daughter wrapped in cotton wool. No evidence has yet been revealed to suggest anything abnormal other than their ages.

Really, I see no reason to vindicate this guy because people are afraid of thinking outwith the stereotype.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2012/03/02 00:07:37


Void_Dragon wrote:This thread has taken a turn for the delicious
 
   
Made in us
Member of the Malleus





Morgan Hill, CA

yip. sounds like that relationship will end soon (when she figures out he's a creeper and will leave when she gets older)

kharma is a real bitch. I hope is ex wife takes everything he's got.

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
House Lannister Wedding Coordinator




Sicarus

Here's me thinking we lived in an age of social progression.

Void_Dragon wrote:This thread has taken a turn for the delicious
 
   
Made in gb






South Wales

iproxtaco wrote:Here's me thinking we lived in an age of social progression.


There are some topics people will go all hilariously irrational over. This appears to be one.

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. You are a blind insect contemplating the void of space. My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same." 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka




Johnny-Crass wrote:

I met almost all of my teachers as a freshman.

I see nothing wrong with this in the least. He is not a pedophile and she is of age. Parents may start up a storm over this but I see nothing wrong with what he did. People leave their wives and children all the time and no one makes a fuss. But on Dakka I guess you get burned at the stake for leaving your wife for a woman you met at work.


How many of them laid groundwork with you as a minor for sexual relations?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
iproxtaco wrote:
Frazzled wrote:That of course doesn't count all the lives he just destroyed.


So the girl had no part in it then? Yeah, I don't quite believe that.

Relapse wrote:
Just the same type of scumbag as the teacher I saw mess up my friends life. The only real difference is that at least he waited until his wife turned 18 before going after her.


Do you find generalizing groups of people based on personal experiences a fun activity?

The girl is 18, legally an adult. They were photographed together looking fairly happy. The mother has already admitted she kept her daughter wrapped in cotton wool. No evidence has yet been revealed to suggest anything abnormal other than their ages.

Really, I see no reason to vindicate this guy because people are afraid of thinking outwith the stereotype.


I'm comparing two guys whose circumstances with being predators I have personal knowledge of with a third that has the same kind of pattern going.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/03/02 00:40:55


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Roving the Interstate Highways





Aberystwyth, Wales, UK

Admittedly I'm an 18 year old with no children that I know of (there may be some out there though) but I agree that people are jumping to conclusions here, yes he is probably creepy and a bit of a loser but calling him a paedophile is a bit OTT.

And I'm pretty sure biccat is at least over 30 and has kids, YMMV.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




Manchester UK

Jeez, and people say we Brits are uptight! She's legal, what's the problem?

 Cheesecat wrote:
 purplefood wrote:
I find myself agreeing with Albatross far too often these days...

I almost always agree with Albatross, I can't see why anyone wouldn't.


 Crazy_Carnifex wrote:

Okay, so the male version of "Cougar" is now officially "Albatross".
 
   
Made in gb






South Wales

Albatross wrote:Jeez, and people say we Brits are uptight! She's legal, what's the problem?


Moral outrage is a wonderful position to fill.

It feels bloody good to be righteously indignant.

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me. You are a blind insect contemplating the void of space. My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same." 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
House Lannister Wedding Coordinator




Sicarus

Relapse wrote:

I'm comparing two guys whose circumstances with being predators I have personal knowledge of with a third that has the same kind of pattern going.


It's not a fair comparison. You're passing judgement, which is wrong.

Void_Dragon wrote:This thread has taken a turn for the delicious
 
   
 
Forum Index » Off-Topic Forum
Go to:   

Dakka 5.42 - Privacy Policy - Legal Stuff - Forum Rules