Switch Theme:

WFB end times wave II  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch

ft. Bragg

WayneTheGame wrote:
 thenoobbomb wrote:
WayneTheGame wrote:
I like, but WHFB sucks for the most part, and of course there's the price.

Sucks? Uhh...

>Better game
>Less stupid miniatures

> Less popular
> Costs more
> Still clunky

Its less popular because you actually have to "play" your army. Not just go buy the latest greatest Cheese and win in the list creation phase

costs more is relative. You can play low model count armies just like you can play all terminator armies if you want less cost

Not even sure what you mean here, but I am assuming you are referring to the way movement is done? If so, see my first response....yes the most important phase in the game is the movement phase....40Ks most important phase is the wallet phase where you buy victories.

Let a billion souls burn in death than for one soul to bend knee to a false Emperor.....
"I am the punishment of God, had you not committed great sin, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

Made in us
[MOD]
Solahma

RVA

Gents, debating the merits of the game overall is really the subject for a different thread which you are welcome to start in the relevant subforum, the WHFB Disucssion section. Thanks.

Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc

Southern New Hampshire

 Eldarain wrote:
I like what they did with them. Though I was hoping for more of a Mortarch type box. With an Undivided mount and then bits to add to make each Herald of Archaon who follow each god.

Nah, not Chaos-y enough. Each mount should reflect a different god.

Still disappointed at the overflow of Nurgle, and I, too, will be pissed if the book is Nurgle-only. They already got their own book with that Tamurkhan thingy. Plus, I'll echo the sentiment that Tzeentch is now the only god without Mark-specific units for Warriors of Chaos.

She/Her

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

Kid_Kyoto wrote:"Don't be a dick" and "This is a family wargame" are good rules of thumb.

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD258R++T(D)DM+++

Made in us
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch

ft. Bragg

I just hope as another poster stated that this isn't all that chaos will b getting. Nurgle has long been the only consistent reliable build for both WoC and Demons. They are the last in line of chaos that needs a helping hand.

Let a billion souls burn in death than for one soul to bend knee to a false Emperor.....
"I am the punishment of God, had you not committed great sin, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"

Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain

The Rock

 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
I like what they did with them. Though I was hoping for more of a Mortarch type box. With an Undivided mount and then bits to add to make each Herald of Archaon who follow each god.

Nah, not Chaos-y enough. Each mount should reflect a different god.

Still disappointed at the overflow of Nurgle, and I, too, will be pissed if the book is Nurgle-only. They already got their own book with that Tamurkhan thingy. Plus, I'll echo the sentiment that Tzeentch is now the only god without Mark-specific units for Warriors of Chaos.

I'd have thought a Mutalith Vortex Beast is pretty Tzeentchian?

Also- I'll just leave this here for you all..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/10/18 08:56:30

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels

Made in us
Fixture of Dakka

Steelcity

Except the vortex beast is terrible, so no one uses or buys it I imagine.

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,

 Kirasu wrote:
Except the vortex beast is terrible, so no one uses or buys it I imagine.

And you'd know this how exactly?

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels

Made in us
Fixture of Dakka

Steelcity

Its not difficult to correlate bad rules to weaker sales.

Keeper of the DomBox
Warhammer Armies - Click to see galleries of fully painted armies
32,000, 19,000, Renegades - 10,000 , 7,500,

Made in ie
Norn Queen

Dublin, Ireland

Has anyone seen this, its full rules are available in the box on the construction sheet???
Is this new? I havent seen rules in a kit box in.....

Will these guys not get coverage then in end times 2?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Bloab-Rotspawned

Dman137 wrote:
goobs is all you guys will ever be

By 1-irt: Still as long as Hissy keeps showing up this is one of the most entertaining threads ever.

"Feelin' goods, good enough".

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Kirasu wrote:
Its not difficult to correlate bad rules to weaker sales.

Cool. In that case, it should be easy to explain why Warhammer 40K is the best-selling wargame ever... by a large margin

 Ratius wrote:
Has anyone seen this, its full rules are available in the box on the construction sheet???
Is this new? I havent seen rules in a kit box in.....

Will these guys not get coverage then in end times 2?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Bloab-Rotspawned

Most likely they will, I think GW are just saying you don't necessarily need the end times vol 2 to play with em.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels

Made in au
Hacking Proxy Mk.1

Australia

Wonderwolf wrote:
 Kirasu wrote:
Its not difficult to correlate bad rules to weaker sales.

Cool. In that case, it should be easy to explain why Warhammer 40K is the best-selling wargame ever... by a large margin

2nd edition Dystopian Wars outsold 7th edition 40k 7:1 through Australia's largest FLGS.
7 to 1.
That same retailer has said that GW products are down to 10-15% of their total revenue.

 Fafnir wrote:
Oh, I certainly vote with my dollar, but the problem is that that is not enough. The problem with the 'vote with your dollar' response is that it doesn't take into account why we're not buying the product. I want to enjoy 40k enough to buy back in. It was my introduction to traditional games, and there was a time when I enjoyed it very much. I want to buy 40k, but Gamesworkshop is doing their very best to push me away, and simply not buying their product won't tell them that.

Made in ie
Battleship Captain

 angelofvengeance wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
I like what they did with them. Though I was hoping for more of a Mortarch type box. With an Undivided mount and then bits to add to make each Herald of Archaon who follow each god.

Nah, not Chaos-y enough. Each mount should reflect a different god.

Still disappointed at the overflow of Nurgle, and I, too, will be pissed if the book is Nurgle-only. They already got their own book with that Tamurkhan thingy. Plus, I'll echo the sentiment that Tzeentch is now the only god without Mark-specific units for Warriors of Chaos.

I'd have thought a Mutalith Vortex Beast is pretty Tzeentchian?

Also- I'll just leave this here for you all..

That thing looks enormous

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Southampton

Wonder if it has an alternate build as a GUO. Probably not...

 Flashman wrote:
Wonder if it has an alternate build as a GUO. Probably not...

It's a nice thought though.

AoV's Hobby Blog 29/04/18 The Tomb World stirs p44
How to take decent photos of your models
There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand
Most importantly, Win or Lose, always try to have fun.
Armies Legion: Dark Angels

Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot

Poole, Dorset

Lose the riders, build a palanquin and it would make a good kugaath stand in. The right fist makes a good orifice for firing poo projectiles from.

Made in gb
Morphing Obliterator

Derry

Love it from that pic, but going t hold f he adulation until I see more pics, too often the leaked pics and later pics get completely different reaction from me.

My Space Marine Blog

My CSM Blog
 Psienesis wrote:
That is because Calgar is a pimp. Not all SM heroes moonlight as pimps. Thus, their mastery of Pimp Hand is found wanting.

TemplarsCrusade01 Beasts Of War Spud Tate Chuffy1976
OPN Tristan Malone elstonation Hazard Syndome Vulkans Champion

Made in ca
Evasive Pleasureseeker

Lost in a blizzard, somewhere near Toronto

 angelofvengeance wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
I like what they did with them. Though I was hoping for more of a Mortarch type box. With an Undivided mount and then bits to add to make each Herald of Archaon who follow each god.

Nah, not Chaos-y enough. Each mount should reflect a different god.

Still disappointed at the overflow of Nurgle, and I, too, will be pissed if the book is Nurgle-only. They already got their own book with that Tamurkhan thingy. Plus, I'll echo the sentiment that Tzeentch is now the only god without Mark-specific units for Warriors of Chaos.

I'd have thought a Mutalith Vortex Beast is pretty Tzeentchian?

Except the Vortex Beast is;
a) Terribly useless

b) Doesn't have the Mark of Tzeentch, ergo, it's not a Tzeentch unit! (it's really more of a super spawn)

Tzeentch has always been the eternally screwed over Chaos God... At least with the last DoC release we got the Burny Chariot and (eventually) rules for the Exalted Flamer on it's own.
Still, Tzeentch has no dedicated unit in the WoC book, and overall, he's always been the worst Chaos God rules-wise outside of the Lords/Heroes section.

Made in ca
Dakka Veteran

I'm not sure the Vortex beast is any more Tzeentchian than it is Slaaneshi, but overall, super-spawn is how I think of it.

It also is a nice intersection between unfortunate pricing (still more expensive than the new nurgle beasties) and subpar rules (not horrible, but outclassed by other choices in the WoC list).

Nice model though.

I actually have the tentacles and icon, and I'm wondering how easy it would be to convert one of the new nurgle beasties into a vortex beast. There's a few nurgle icons to greenstuff over, but it shouldn't be hard.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/10/18 18:13:22

Made in ca
Monstrous Master Moulder

Space Cowboy Cruising Around Olympus Mons

 Ratius wrote:
Has anyone seen this, its full rules are available in the box on the construction sheet???
Is this new? I havent seen rules in a kit box in.....

Will these guys not get coverage then in end times 2?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-IE/Bloab-Rotspawned

From what I understand this is the same with all the other end times models. I picked up a box of the new spirit hosts (to use as rat swarms cause the spirit hosts are awesome models) but they also came with the rules for them.

I don't understand why they included the rules tho because if you want to use them you should have the undead legions book anyways.

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

I know it's been posted a few separate times, but wow- that pic is epic. The model looks to have huge potential!

The smaller nurgle creations are really suffering from their joints being so visible (and the studio painters not covering the seams...) but this larger one could be amazing. Looking forward to more pics!

Made in gb
Long-Range Black Templar Land Speeder Pilot

Anyone tried putting gutrot on a smaller base to use as a normal chaos lord? If so does he rank?

Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon

Nottinghamshire- England

Subscribing so I can see better pictures of that Glottkin when they leak !

Grimtuff wrote: GW want the full wrath of their Gestapo to come down on this new fangled Internet and it's free speech.

A Town Called Malus wrote: Draigo is a Mat Ward creation. They don't follow the same rules as everyone else.

Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc

Southern New Hampshire

So um, yeah... Looks like this might have what we've all been waiting for:

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Ganked from Facebook, so take with a grain of salt.
[Thumb - 10653631_454949214643026_4453874504681515000_n.jpg]
Proof of Combined Army?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/10/19 14:22:48

She/Her

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

Kid_Kyoto wrote:"Don't be a dick" and "This is a family wargame" are good rules of thumb.

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD258R++T(D)DM+++

Made in nl
Regular Dakkanaut

Netherlands

 Manfred von Drakken wrote:

Ganked from Facebook, so take with a grain of salt.

I can confirm, I have it as well.

Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'

Sedona, Arizona

Chaos Legions, you say?

Made in ca
Monstrous Master Moulder

Space Cowboy Cruising Around Olympus Mons

 morganfreeman wrote:
Chaos Legions, you say?

Just like undead legions.

At least now people know that its ment to be infantry not monstrous infantry.

Made in us
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch

 Bronzefists42 wrote:
Khorne has all sorts of crap going for him.

Where the hell is that Tzeentch love?! They're dedicated units are as follows:
-Rubric marines (crap)
-Pink horrors
-Flamers
-Screamers
-2 wizards
-weird chariot flamer thing
-ancient metal greater daemon models.
I don't play demons specifically but new stuff to work with for my Navigator House stuff is nice.

Even though that's all true, Slaanesh has it the worst of them all. Slaanesh dedicated units are as follows:
-Noise Marines
-Daemonettes
-Fiends (only 2 of previously 3 available variations)
-Seekers (with bad rider models that aren't dynamic at all)
-1 Herald
-Chariot
-an equally ancient greater daemon model...

Also,
-Finecast, not metal
-Each god has a named herald that has a model. They're all consistent with the current range except Epidemius (Nurgle, ironically!)

Generally speaking, there's a lot of things to fix with the chaos daemons as a miniatures product line. Even moreso if you consider god-specific models in general. At least in 40k.

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Biloxi, MS USA

 Quarterdime wrote:

-an equally ancient greater daemon model...

If by equally ancient you meant originally released 2+ years after the LoC, sure. The Keeper is actually the youngest of the Greater Daemons.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was

Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets

 chiefbigredman wrote:
 morganfreeman wrote:
Chaos Legions, you say?

Just like undead legions.

At least now people know that its ment to be infantry not monstrous infantry.

Thank the gods, otherwise they'd make Ogre Kingdoms look inadequate in every possibly manner.

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: