Switch Theme:

CSM RULES OUT  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Spellbound wrote:
Can I win? Absolutely. But it's not about winning. Stomp me into the ground for all I care. But if I could get stomped into the ground using a slaanesh lord that oh, I don't know, had something slaaneshi other than a tattoo, I'd be happy.

I can make a basic noisemarines more slaaneshi than a lord by having a sonic weapon and feel no pain from a masochism banner. That one infantry model is infinitely more slaaneshi than I am able to make my lords, sorcerers, and princes. My characters. So named because, supposedly, they have "more character" than the others.

That is not the case. I cannot theme my army around slaanesh, I can just put tattoos on things.

That's all I wanted. I wanted god-specific armies to be able to show that with more than just marks. And it didn't deliver.

Overpowered shmoverpowered. I just want a lord that can take a doom siren and a special slaanesh-blessed scimitar, is that too much to ask?


I think that is a perfectly valid feeling to have. I think it is entirely seperate from the army being 'useless', and I disagree with almost every other complaint you've lobbied against the book, but I would totally get behind opening up more gear options to characters (and other units) to expand the character of cult armies. Lords with Doom Sirens or Plague Knives, Havocs with Blastmasters, Chosen with Inferno Bolts, etc - that would have definitely been cool.
   
Advert


Login or Register to make this and other promotional elements disappear from your dakka browsing.
Made in us
Sister Vastly Superior





cedar rapids, iowa

I'm enjoying the "pimp my lord" options :-D

This codex is good in that it's sneaky. Phil Kelly was never one to just throw in a unit that is blatently powerful.

If you put together a solid list, this codex is going to treat you very nicely.

SO MANY ELITE CHOICES lol. The Chaos Boon table is being way underrated, it's fantastic. My squad leaders all have a chance to turn into a damn deamon prince?

I think people don't like it because it's similiar to Chaos Daemons in that the randomness can swing your game drasticly. To people like myself, it just makes the game a hell of a lot more fun for that kind of stuff to happen. Look at the orks! All kinds of crazy crap, but at the end of the day it's solid and you have a TON of flexability to play and have FUN.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/05 17:47:01


 
   
Made in us
Sister Vastly Superior




Colorado

For making a Chaos lord "slaanesh" like you can give them a mount of slaanesh a mark of slaanesh and there is a daemon weapon in the book claimed to be the very sword fulgrim wielded after receiving it from Horus. I made doomrider and am completely content in how he turned out. And people are having a hard time making a simple no name lord? My only disappointment with the book is the lose of the none artifact daemon weapons

When in doubt burn it, then burn yourself for doubting. 
   
Made in gb
Homicidal Veteran Blood Angel Assault Marine





UK

Not sure why there are no generic daemon weapons in there, it's odd.

In the latest WD, apparently Phil Kelly gave the CSM player the advice that "real men take daemon weapons" - However the options to do so are just so limited...

   
Made in gb
Auspicious Daemonic Herald






The Warp

 Slinky wrote:
Not sure why there are no generic daemon weapons in there, it's odd.

In the latest WD, apparently Phil Kelly gave the CSM player the advice that "real men take daemon weapons" - However the options to do so are just so limited...


When did WD ever offer legitimate tactics or advice?

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Come up with a cogent argument that doesn't just attack your opponent but rather attacks the points he is making, and show some understanding of what those against the table are saying (it's not about 'Lol complaining about a random table in a game about dice'), or leave the damned thread.

"An infinite God ought to be able to protect himself, without going in partnership with State Legislatures. Certainly he ought not so to act that laws become necessary to keep him from being laughed at. No one thinks of protecting Shakespeare from ridicule, by the threat of fine and imprisonment."-- Robert Green Ingersoll 
   
Made in gb
Oberstleutnant





Back in the English morass

 Slinky wrote:
Not sure why there are no generic daemon weapons in there, it's odd.

In the latest WD, apparently Phil Kelly gave the CSM player the advice that "real men take daemon weapons" - However the options to do so are just so limited...


It is a little stange. The mace is very nice but my lord has a humble power axe and isn't likely to be changing it, after all its cheap and his real purpose is to make my Death Guard troops

RegalPhantom wrote:
If your fluff doesn't fit, change your fluff until it does
The prefect example of someone missing the point.
Do not underestimate the Squats. They survived for millenia cut off from the Imperium and assailed on all sides. Their determination and resilience is an example to us all.
-Leman Russ, Meditations on Imperial Command book XVI (AKA the RT era White Dwarf Commpendium).
Its just a shame that they couldn't fight off Andy Chambers.
Warzone Plog 
   
Made in us
Painlord Titan Princeps of Slaanesh






Dallas, TX

I feel like to make plague marines troops you should have to play death guard.

And every model would have to be marked nurgle.

Then make plague marines pretty damn awesome (really they kind of are already), trade-off being that they have to mark everything nurgle, even vehicles if able.

40k Armies I play:

Just clocked my Emperor's Children at 42,615 points. Who wants to play Warhammer literal 40k?

Glory for Slaanesh!

Warmachine Factions: Menoth, Khador 
   
Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler






 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
 Spartan089 wrote:
 AlmightyWalrus wrote:
 Spartan089 wrote:
The book sucks plain and simple in my opinion, almost no change and in other areas worse...waited 5 years for disappointment.


Would you mind backing that claim up? Because that's objectively not true at all.


No new independent characters, points increase's to a few units including massive increases for Daemon Princes and defilers, Khorne Bersekers are now practically useless, Thousand sons still over priced, inability to take an unmarked prince, loss of infiltrate for chosen, loss of ccw's in profile of csm's (have to buy em now...) Thats to name just a few...


Yup, they're changes. Thanks for proving yourself wrong. You also conveniently ignored that a CSM with a CCW is the same cost as in the 4th ed Codex, with the option of just going CCW/BP for 13 points.


On the plus side, Havocs, Noise Marines, "Normal" Marines, Plague Marines, Lords, Sorcerers, Forgefiends, Maulerfiends, Bikes, Warpsmiths, Bikes, Heldrakes and Obliterators are all at least useable.


Fine your right, they are changes just bad ones...and just because a unit is "usable" doesn't mean I'm not going to get stomped out by Crons, IG, SW, or GK because on a whole those codex are way better and this is supposed to be the first true 5th edition codex...this is a joke. I'mnot asking for brokeness I'm asking to have a fighting chance against alot of popular armies being played right now. Playing against GK with the old codex ment I lost 90% of the time, not through faulty tactic but just because there was that much of a difference in power levels of the book.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/05 23:10:08


Games Workshop: Ruining Chaos Space Marines since 2007

First they raised prices on the Eldar, and I did not speak out because I did not play Eldar.

Then, they raised prices on the Orks, and I did not speak out because I did not play Orks.

Then, they raised prices on the Nids, and I did not speak out because I did not play Nids.

Then, they raised prices on the Marines, and there was nobody to speak out for me. 
   
Made in us
Painlord Titan Princeps of Slaanesh






Dallas, TX

I just wonder why nearly everything chaos needs a crippling drawback. Wolves buy mark of the wulfen and it's random attacks, rending. "Bad" is getting only 1 attack and not getting any rends. For chaos, "bad" is take a wound and suck in combat this turn, either by not attacking (4th) or becoming WS 1 (current). Why can't the bad thing be having my 45 point weapon only give me 1 attack with it? I didn't mind the mastery rules from 3.5. If you kill someone this phase, make a leadership test. If you fail you take a wound with no saves. That well represented, I think, a lord actually controlling the daemon by his force of will - everyone was Ld 10, but theoretically a lower leadership model would be less able to maintain control of it. As opposed to now where it's completely random and the chaos lord has no control over it at all. Plus the old way you at least killed something before your daemon weapon could hurt you. You may not earn all your points back but you'll get some. Now, a little bad luck and your lord kills himself without ever killing anyone at all.

40k Armies I play:

Just clocked my Emperor's Children at 42,615 points. Who wants to play Warhammer literal 40k?

Glory for Slaanesh!

Warmachine Factions: Menoth, Khador 
   
Made in us
Depraved Slaanesh Chaos Lord





 IcedAnimals wrote:
For making a Chaos lord "slaanesh" like you can give them a mount of slaanesh a mark of slaanesh and there is a daemon weapon in the book claimed to be the very sword fulgrim wielded after receiving it from Horus. I made doomrider and am completely content in how he turned out. And people are having a hard time making a simple no name lord? My only disappointment with the book is the lose of the none artifact daemon weapons


The murder sword is not a Daemon Weapon and is available to everyone.

More curious how you put a Daemon Prince on a bike though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/06 00:14:45


 
   
Made in ba
Storm Trooper with Maglight






 ZebioLizard2 wrote:


More curious how you put a Daemon Prince on a bike though.


Doomrider is... 3rd ed 2nd codex? He was a Daemon Prince on a bike. And his bike was fuelled by Cocaine. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Doomrider

And I think the above chap is 'counts-as'-ing a chaos lord on a bike to be Doomrider, since he's not in the codex (Booo!).

Plus, new 'counts as' Doomrider doesn't just sod off for an orgy mid-game, which is a real step forward.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." - A.E.
"And if perchance I have offended, think but this and all is mended. We'd as well be 10 minutes back in time for all the chance you'll change your mind."
Cap'n R's Pathetic IG Zealot Plog 
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife





Florida

 Captain Roderick wrote:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:


More curious how you put a Daemon Prince on a bike though.


Doomrider is... 3rd ed 2nd codex? He was a Daemon Prince on a bike. And his bike was fuelled by Cocaine. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Doomrider

He has also played soccer http://implyingrigged.com/index.php?title=/tg/_Roster

Master of lack-luster posts. 
   
Made in us
Wraith






 ChiliPowderKeg wrote:
 Captain Roderick wrote:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:


More curious how you put a Daemon Prince on a bike though.


Doomrider is... 3rd ed 2nd codex? He was a Daemon Prince on a bike. And his bike was fuelled by Cocaine. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Doomrider

He has also played soccer http://implyingrigged.com/index.php?title=/tg/_Roster


Wait, so my Deamon Prince model is legit?




Shine on, Kaldor Dayglow!
Merovingian Sectorial
Cryx & Circle of Orboros
Cheating Fate with Lady J and the Viktorias

 
   
Made in ba
Storm Trooper with Maglight






TheKbob wrote:
 ChiliPowderKeg wrote:
 Captain Roderick wrote:
 ZebioLizard2 wrote:


More curious how you put a Daemon Prince on a bike though.


Doomrider is... 3rd ed 2nd codex? He was a Daemon Prince on a bike. And his bike was fuelled by Cocaine. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Doomrider

He has also played soccer http://implyingrigged.com/index.php?title=/tg/_Roster


Wait, so my Deamon Prince model is legit?





welllllllllllllllllll, depends what rules you use. I don't know if you could use doomrider rules, but if your opponent doesn't let you play a horribly outdated special character for fun's sake, what's going on with the world? Otherwise that's just the most pimping Daemon Prince with Wings known to man.
http://1d4chan.org/images/1/1b/Doomrider_stats.jpg

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." - A.E.
"And if perchance I have offended, think but this and all is mended. We'd as well be 10 minutes back in time for all the chance you'll change your mind."
Cap'n R's Pathetic IG Zealot Plog 
   
Made in gb
Dominating Dominatrix






Belfast,Capitol of Northern Ireland. About 10 minutes away from the ONLY GW STORE IN THE COUNTRY!

Are there any changes to MoT? Also, which is better for 10 Cultists with Autoguns, Shotgun Champion, and Heavy Stubber, MoN or MoT?

DR:90+S++G+++MB+IPw40k08#+D+A++/Fwd363R+++T(P)DM+

Credit to Castiel for banner. Thanks Cas! 
   
Made in gb
Nurgle Veteran Marine with the Flu






Norwich - England - usually in the pub

Read through some comments and it appears ther's a fairly mixed bag in terms of opinions on this new codex. Personally I'm quite disappointed with it. My bezerkers now have less attacks, my icons no longer allow my deep striking terminators to arrive without deviating, and my icon of Khorne no longer gives me an extra attack. I didn't have many advantages before, and now the ones I had have been taken away! Granted there are some good points, e.g. defilers having 5+ invulnerable save, plague marines having plague knives, but they seem to have counteracted this with rubbish stuff, e.g. making berzerkers, plague marines etc elites, daemonic possession now needing a roll of 2+. I think GW have missed the chance of making the codex what it could and should have been, with special rules for the original legions like Night Lords, Iron Warriors and so on. Not that impressed with the stats of the 'fiends and heldrake (nice models though). I take solace in that some of the new models are nice, particularly the chosen. I guess I'll have to continue sucking up being given a good hiding everytime I battle, but we'll see how it goes, it will be interesting to hear what people have to say once they've had a chance to lock horns using the new rules.

My chaos army thread & http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/389912.page

In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eat Robin’s minstrels. And there was much rejoicing. 
   
Made in be
Fresh-Faced New User




Am i the only one that is pissed with the removal of dreadnoughts. Ok its the hellbrute now but still.

Ive got 4 metal dreadnoughts but hey they've taken them out of the codex so feth me.


Really bs

 
   
Made in qa
Drone without a Controller




The reason it's a mixed bag is because Chaos players want more raw power for tournaments. Don't play tournaments and you won't have that issue.
   
Made in us
Cultist of Nurgle with Open Sores





Dookie wrote:
Am i the only one that is pissed with the removal of dreadnoughts. Ok its the hellbrute now but still.

Ive got 4 metal dreadnoughts but hey they've taken them out of the codex so feth me.


Really bs


No, I'm with you. I've been playing since 3.5, and I'm a little ticked I have to change my list now. Last edition the core of my army was two DPs and several units of plague marines. Now only Typhus and a Nurgle Lord have the power to make PMs troops. WTF? Guess I'll go dig up a Nurgle Lord. Now my dreads are hellbrutes, not sure how that works. I stripped all the guns off my defiler 'cause I could last edition and now...what? Demon Princes got slightly better, but the base cost for a flying, nurgle prince w/ power armor starts at a whopping 220pts? I suppose GW just decided they sold enough of those last edition. These are the questions I have after one read through.

I'm not rage quitting, but I'm upset it looks like somebody went through the book and said "take these, not those."

I've always seen new books add options to an army, not remove options.
   
Made in gb
Oberstleutnant





Back in the English morass

Dookie wrote:
Am i the only one that is pissed with the removal of dreadnoughts. Ok its the hellbrute now but still.

Ive got 4 metal dreadnoughts but hey they've taken them out of the codex so feth me.


Really bs


The name has changed, thats it. The fluff and game rules are still exactly the same (except that crazed works a bit differently).

RegalPhantom wrote:
If your fluff doesn't fit, change your fluff until it does
The prefect example of someone missing the point.
Do not underestimate the Squats. They survived for millenia cut off from the Imperium and assailed on all sides. Their determination and resilience is an example to us all.
-Leman Russ, Meditations on Imperial Command book XVI (AKA the RT era White Dwarf Commpendium).
Its just a shame that they couldn't fight off Andy Chambers.
Warzone Plog 
   
Made in au
[DCM]
Myrmidon Officer





Australia

*ninja'd*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/06 23:56:32


 Fafnir wrote:
Oh, I certainly vote with my dollar, but the problem is that that is not enough. The problem with the 'vote with your dollar' response is that it doesn't take into account why we're not buying the product. I want to enjoy 40k enough to buy back in. It was my introduction to traditional games, and there was a time when I enjoyed it very much. I want to buy 40k, but Gamesworkshop is doing their very best to push me away, and simply not buying their product won't tell them that.
 
   
Made in gb
Legendary Dogfighter




I read the book cover to cover today and "personally" feel that it is a steaming turd of a codex and a missed opportunity by GW.

Oh well, another 4 years in the KR boys.......Roll on the Dark Angels...
   
Made in us
Crazed Spirit of the Defiler






Rakeeb wrote:
The reason it's a mixed bag is because Chaos players want more raw power for tournaments. Don't play tournaments and you won't have that issue.


I personally advocate count as armies at this point, why should I have to avoid tournament play to have fun. What happens if I have fun playing tournaments and my book simply doesn't give me any options to be competitive. Even in casual play it does not change the issue. If there is an inherit large gap in power between two books then 2 casual army lists going at it still gives the edge to the stronger book. Last format a casual GK list was more than enough to wipe the floor with Lash Prince builds, let alone a fluffy chaos list. I don't see any changes for that in 6th, especially since this codex seems to be saying you can only build fluffy lists due to troop locks without a lord with the appropriate mark. This codex is dead out of the gate, at least in terms if you care to win in any type of competitive format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/07 01:12:56


Games Workshop: Ruining Chaos Space Marines since 2007

First they raised prices on the Eldar, and I did not speak out because I did not play Eldar.

Then, they raised prices on the Orks, and I did not speak out because I did not play Orks.

Then, they raised prices on the Nids, and I did not speak out because I did not play Nids.

Then, they raised prices on the Marines, and there was nobody to speak out for me. 
   
Made in us
Ancient Chaos Terminator





Alaska

Lovepug13 wrote:
I read the book cover to cover today and "personally" feel that it is a steaming turd of a codex and a missed opportunity by GW.

Oh well, another 4 years in the KR boys.......Roll on the Dark Angels...


Care to elaborate? What in particular you don't like about it?

The only thing I don't like a whole lot is how they put our Cult Marines back into Elite, unlockable to troops only with the appropriate lord/sorcerer and corresponding mark. Oh, and the Helldrake model looks like gak to me, I have no desire to buy one (though I might scratch-build a Hell Blade to use in its stead).

I love cultists though, they have been a part of the feel of chaos that has been missing for a while. I also love the new options for chosen and CSMs... I like being able to build units differently to fit the list I am building. I absolutely love the new Psychic Power rules too, having a sorcerer with Biomancy is a blessing from the Dark Gods. Furthermore, it is nice to see Abbadon back to being useful.

http://alaskavalleygamersclub.blogspot.com/
Foxphoenix135: Successful Trades: 21
With: romulus571, hisdudeness, Old Man Ultramarine, JHall, carldooley, Kav122, chriachris, gmpoto, Jhall, Nurglitch, steamdragon, DispatchDave, Gavin Thorne, Shenra, RustyKnight, rodt777, DeathReaper, LittleCizur, fett14622, syypher, Maxstreel 
   
Made in gb
Legendary Dogfighter




 Spartan089 wrote:
Rakeeb wrote:
The reason it's a mixed bag is because Chaos players want more raw power for tournaments. Don't play tournaments and you won't have that issue.


I personally advocate count as armies at this point, why should I have to avoid tournament play to have fun. What happens if I have fun playing tournaments and my book simply doesn't give me any options to be competitive. Even in casual play it does not change the issue. If there is an inherit large gap in power between two books then 2 casual army lists going at it still gives the edge to the stronger book. Last format a casual GK list was more than enough to wipe the floor with Lash Prince builds, let alone a fluffy chaos list. I don't see any changes for that in 6th, especially since this codex seems to be saying you can only build fluffy lists due to troop locks without a lord with the appropriate mark. This codex is dead out of the gate, at least in terms if you care to win in any type of competitive format.


I dont even want to be competitive or even win......I just wanted to be able to build something like a recognisable Alpha Legion / Iron Warriors / Night Lords army without having to take a pathetic HQ like Huron or Abbadon - I hate these models they are rubbish and older than dust.

Why cant it be like every other codex under the son where for example......

Lord on Bike unlocks 1 bike unit as troops choice
Lord with Jump-pack unlocks Raptor as troops
Warp Smith allows additional dreadnoughts

Something, anything to build something interesting.........

also the Warpsmith and Dark Apostle should have been 1 wound elites, my terminators are all illegal, the defiler is overpriced so space zoid will sell.

The book is just terrible in my eyes and my opinion is that GW have really got it wrong this time



This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/07 01:45:53


 
   
Made in ca
Devious Space Marine dedicated to Tzeentch





Canada



I dont even want to be competitive or even win......I just wanted to be able to build something like a recognisable Alpha Legion / Iron Warriors / Night Lords army without having to take a pathetic HQ like Huron or Abbadon - I hate these models they are rubbish and older than dust.

Why cant it be like every other codex under the son where for example......

Lord on Bike unlocks 1 bike unit as troops choice
Lord with Jump-pack unlocks Raptor as troops

Warp Smith allows additional dreadnoughts

Something, anything to build something interesting.........





Because they do? They allow for cult troops to be taken as troops, and that's more of that shenanigans then most codex's get.

4000 2700 168  
   
Made in us
Furious Raptor




Fort Worth, TX

Played my first game using Zombie spam. Yes, RAW is that you can't, but after discussing it, my group tentatively agrees that RAI is otherwise.

I ran the following:

·Typhus
·35 Plague Zombies x3
·10 Plague Marines in a Rhino with two Plasma Guns; Plague Champion with Melta Bombs and Gift of Mutation; All with Veterans of the Long War
·10 Chaos Bikers with Mark of Nurgle, Meltagun, Plasma Gun; Biker Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol
·5 Havocs with 4 Missile Launchers; Two Flakk missiles; Aspiring Champion is the first to die.

One unit of 35 zombies was utterly decimated by two direct hits by frag missiles. Frag missiles...something most MEQ codices laugh at. I took 31 wounds. A 10 man group would have been blown to smithereens.

Another unit of 35 zombies tarpitted the hell out of a Blood Angels Assault Squad, but did little to them, what with T3, S3, and I3. The Assault Squad worked through them fairly well.

Typhus is amazing. He pulled a one shot kill on Dante.

I ended up conceding due to time and the fact that I was likely playing for a tie. I COULD have pulled out a win, but it was a kill point game and I had a lot of zombies left.

Anyone who thinks a unit of 35 zombies with FNP and Fearless is OP hasn't played them or against them. The BA player told me that he was initially worried about them and their sheer numbers, but once we started playing, they weren't nearly as intimidating.

The sky isn't falling. I feel like we have a pretty competitive codex. Granted, that could change after more games and more lists, but at this point in time, considering how much I've already looked it over and put list together, I don't see my opinion changing.

I out with in both 40k and WHFB.
Co-host of the HittingOn3s Podcast
 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon




Between Alpha and Omega, and a little to the left

I just have to ask: how in god's name do you take 31 wounds from two frag missiles? you can't even fit 10 models under a small blast plate

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/10/07 05:12:47


"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
I am an Ork player, and I have no intention of being the NPC
Fun is subjective. Saying you "Play for fun" is like saying "I work hard". It implies the other person doesn't.
Realism must die
Lord Harrab wrote:"Gimme back my leg-bone! *wack* Ow, don't hit me with it!" commonly uttered by Guardsman when in close combat with Orks.

Bonespitta's Badmoons -565pts. Still need painting 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Luke_Prowler wrote:
I just have to ask: how in god's name do you take 31 wounds from two frag missiles? you can't even fit 10 models under a small blast plate


I can't see that. Even if he took direct hits from two separate devastator squads full of frag missles. You figure between hitting max 3 if you spread out, wounding, avg 2, then cover and feel no pain he should average less than one wound per missile.
   
Made in us
Ancient Chaos Terminator





Alaska

 kcwm wrote:
Played my first game using Zombie spam. Yes, RAW is that you can't, but after discussing it, my group tentatively agrees that RAI is otherwise.

I ran the following:

·Typhus
·35 Plague Zombies x3
·10 Plague Marines in a Rhino with two Plasma Guns; Plague Champion with Melta Bombs and Gift of Mutation; All with Veterans of the Long War
·10 Chaos Bikers with Mark of Nurgle, Meltagun, Plasma Gun; Biker Champion with Power Fist and Plasma Pistol
·5 Havocs with 4 Missile Launchers; Two Flakk missiles; Aspiring Champion is the first to die.

One unit of 35 zombies was utterly decimated by two direct hits by frag missiles. Frag missiles...something most MEQ codices laugh at. I took 31 wounds. A 10 man group would have been blown to smithereens.

Another unit of 35 zombies tarpitted the hell out of a Blood Angels Assault Squad, but did little to them, what with T3, S3, and I3. The Assault Squad worked through them fairly well.

Typhus is amazing. He pulled a one shot kill on Dante.

I ended up conceding due to time and the fact that I was likely playing for a tie. I COULD have pulled out a win, but it was a kill point game and I had a lot of zombies left.

Anyone who thinks a unit of 35 zombies with FNP and Fearless is OP hasn't played them or against them. The BA player told me that he was initially worried about them and their sheer numbers, but once we started playing, they weren't nearly as intimidating.

The sky isn't falling. I feel like we have a pretty competitive codex. Granted, that could change after more games and more lists, but at this point in time, considering how much I've already looked it over and put list together, I don't see my opinion changing.


Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but RAW, you are not allowed to take zombie squads that number more than 10 (the original size of the squad). The reason being: the rules entry for zombies specifically states that no options can be taken for a squad converted into zombies. Adding members to a squad is listed under options.

It's not that 35 zombies are OP, I believe the opposite. But until we get a FAQ correcting this oversight, if it is one, then the list you provided is not a legal one.

http://alaskavalleygamersclub.blogspot.com/
Foxphoenix135: Successful Trades: 21
With: romulus571, hisdudeness, Old Man Ultramarine, JHall, carldooley, Kav122, chriachris, gmpoto, Jhall, Nurglitch, steamdragon, DispatchDave, Gavin Thorne, Shenra, RustyKnight, rodt777, DeathReaper, LittleCizur, fett14622, syypher, Maxstreel 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: