Switch Theme:

New Tau Broadsides  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
Made in us
Horrific Howling Banshee





I am a tau player and I have a single broadside battlesuit—I was wondering what I should use it as

   
Made in gb
Waaagh! Warbiker



Burton Latimer, UK

wilsjur wrote:
I am a tau player and I have a single broadside battlesuit—I was wondering what I should use it as


Use it as a Broadside? :I


Rustgob wrote:I never use Special Characters. Ever!

 
   
Made in gb
Shas'o Commanding the Hunter Kadre







What are you asking? To use it as the basis of a conversion? To arm it with particular weapon systems? To use it as the temporary home of a lit firework? What.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman






Hiding in a ruined Chimera

Most vague post ever

Cadian 7th Regiment (Desert uniform) 550pts 2/0/0
WoC army 1000pts 1/0/0

 mattyrm wrote:
Yeah, I don't have PTSD after five combat tours, and frankly I'd rather get parachuted back into Helmand province armed with only a fething Nerf gun and my underpants than go into my local GW.
 
   
Made in us
Erratic Knight Errant





I believe he means because the new Tau Broadsides look completely different now. However, I'm pretty sure that no one would have a problem with you still using them as broadsides. I don't know if the new broadsides are on larger bases however so you might have to re-base it.
   
Made in us
Dive-Bombin' Fighta-Bomba Pilot





Nebraska, USA

The new broadside looks considerabily bigger than the old, i wish GW had a size chart on the side. I can tell its on a Dreadbase now, that much is easy.

I'd rather convert my current ones to look more epic than buy 150dollars worth of new broadsides to replace them.

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

4000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
2500pts Elusive Fishfaced Tau 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





it's still a broadside, use it as such. people use old models all the time
   
Made in us
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





Baltimore

bleedge wrote:
I believe he means because the new Tau Broadsides look completely different now. However, I'm pretty sure that no one would have a problem with you still using them as broadsides. I don't know if the new broadsides are on larger bases however so you might have to re-base it.

The new broadsides are on bigger bases,but the rules are crystal clear. Old ones do not need to be rebased.

 
   
Made in us
Judgemental Grey Knight Justicar





New Orleans

Depends on the people you play with. Our local game stores rule states an official GW model on what ever is the most current base is the one that must be used. I based some epic Nids on the correct size bases and they didn't allow it even tho it was their own rules. Sheesh I mean I followed the rules!

01001000 01101001 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00101110  
   
Made in us
Purposeful Hammerhead Pilot




Vior'la Sept

I've ran into a similar delema, but it's a little more... clear. So I have 9 XV8 Crisis Suits that I don't really use. I mean I do use them but since they are magnetized I can use them as the old broadsides or crisis suits. What it sounds like to me is that using them as old broadside models should be fine with the 40mm base, not the new 60mm one. I have made adjustments to it too so it can take the correct wargear like TL HYMPs. Does this sound acceptable, or could I get a lot of people telling me it's not really fair? From what I have heard, it's fine to use old models, but it's really the base size change that has me in question.


The only other thing I am thinking about doing is buying some 60mm bases and putting them on those to please people even more. What do you think?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/03/25 23:54:16


jy2 wrote:Commander_Farsight is the reason why Waldo is hiding
thanatos67 wrote:Commander_Farsight is the best Tau player on the planet, no one compares
SpamAdams wrote:
Farsight bomb is love, Farsight bomb is life!
 
   
Made in ca
Monstrous Master Moulder





Space Cowboy Cruising Around Olympus Mons

 Commander_Farsight wrote:
I've ran into a similar delema, but it's a little more... clear. So I have 9 XV8 Crisis Suits that I don't really use. I mean I do use them but since they are magnetized I can use them as the old broadsides or crisis suits. What it sounds like to me is that using them as old broadside models should be fine with the 40mm base, not the new 60mm one. I have made adjustments to it too so it can take the correct wargear like TL HYMPs. Does this sound acceptable, or could I get a lot of people telling me it's not really fair? From what I have heard, it's fine to use old models, but it's really the base size change that has me in question.


The only other thing I am thinking about doing is buying some 60mm bases and putting them on those to please people even more. What do you think?


I have 9 XV8s as well and use 2 of them as Broadsides. Since the old broadsides were just XV8s with gun an foot attachments they can be played as the old model.
Look up the official GW rule....play the model on the base it originally came with.

Honestly if someone complains how is it going to make a difference? Not like you are going to get the damn thing into CC

1500 90% Painted
1600 50% Painted
500 25% Painted
6500 Skaven Project Blog ~15% Painted
Farseer Pef wrote:
It's called a "gangsta lean." It means your exarch has swag.


 
   
Made in us
Purposeful Hammerhead Pilot




Vior'la Sept

 chiefbigredman wrote:
 Commander_Farsight wrote:
I've ran into a similar delema, but it's a little more... clear. So I have 9 XV8 Crisis Suits that I don't really use. I mean I do use them but since they are magnetized I can use them as the old broadsides or crisis suits. What it sounds like to me is that using them as old broadside models should be fine with the 40mm base, not the new 60mm one. I have made adjustments to it too so it can take the correct wargear like TL HYMPs. Does this sound acceptable, or could I get a lot of people telling me it's not really fair? From what I have heard, it's fine to use old models, but it's really the base size change that has me in question.


The only other thing I am thinking about doing is buying some 60mm bases and putting them on those to please people even more. What do you think?


I have 9 XV8s as well and use 2 of them as Broadsides. Since the old broadsides were just XV8s with gun an foot attachments they can be played as the old model.
Look up the official GW rule....play the model on the base it originally came with.

Honestly if someone complains how is it going to make a difference? Not like you are going to get the damn thing into CC


Hahaha good to hear! Thanks for the help!

jy2 wrote:Commander_Farsight is the reason why Waldo is hiding
thanatos67 wrote:Commander_Farsight is the best Tau player on the planet, no one compares
SpamAdams wrote:
Farsight bomb is love, Farsight bomb is life!
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: