Switch Theme:

The Dust Tactics (& Dust Warfare) News and Rumors Thread  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

There are four factions at the moment:

>Axis (Germany, Italy, Japan)
>Allies (Free France, USA, Commonwealth)
>Sinosoviets (Russia, China)
>Vrill (one of their ships has been discovered by the Axis in Antarctica)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/11/04 22:37:27

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought

SC, USA

I would only have interest in the walkers, and here only the Axis walkers. That being said, I will be waiting for when I can buy me some. Those allied walkers are just kinda meh for me.

Made in de
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Berlin

Moloch wrote:
AAN wrote:I just received my $300 Deluxe Edition.
Worth every cent! The paintjob is very good. Not Golden Demon, but definitely worth the $ 300!!!

THIS is MY game! I love Dust for so long, it is almost unreal to finally have it in my hands.
BTW: All minis are the same size as AT-43 minis, might be a good time to get some UNA or Red Bloc...

Yo Agis,
fancy a game of DUST versus me ?

Hi Moloch, please check your PMs!
:-)

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Made in us
[MOD]
Solahma

RVA

Has anyone read the Dust comics?

Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut

Those campaign box sets sound really good, looks like this game is going to be brilliant.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/11/05 15:34:15

Made in us
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant

Ryza

This topic got buried fast. Anyone who has it: how are the rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4qdgno-huo the perfect song for Dark Eldar

Four scholars at Oxford were making their way down the street, and happened to see a group of ladies of the evening. “What’s this?” said the first. “A jam of tarts?” “Nay,” said the second, “an essay of Trollope’s.” “Rather, a flourish of strumpets,” advanced the third. “No, gentlemen,” concluded the last. “Here we have an anthology of pros.”

Made in us
Infiltrating Moblot

Download them for free from the DUST website dude. They're a bit simple... But there may be a fatter rulebook in the future if the AT 43 release model is followed at all.

You all don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you; you're all locked in here with me.

Follow me on YouTube!

Follow me on Facebook!

Check out my Blog at Guerrilla Miniature Games

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

Rules will grow with future expansions and also an TT-ruleset will be added. Will post a rules review soon.

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in au
Poxed Plague Monk

Squeek Klaw Klan: Under-Empire

this looks really interesting never heard of this game before, Warlord Cheezit is confused

How to make wargaming Terrain: EASY

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/How_to_make_Wargaming_Terrain

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

Quick Info

There will be quite regular releases in 2011 for Dust Tactics and for a new product the number of products is quite healthy.

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought

SC, USA

Jesus one can only HOPE that comes to pass. In a world of Rackhams and others just not releasing gak at any kind of pace or even at all, I guess you just hear about new blood like this and hope they do better.

Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

This is FFG we're talking about.

Fatum Iustum Stultorum

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought

SC, USA

So much for new blood.

Made in us
Infiltrating Moblot

I'll be really happy if a tabletop rulebook is done at some point. I should get my two boxed sets monday and that will definitely motivate me to paint em all!

You all don't understand. I'm not locked in here with you; you're all locked in here with me.

Follow me on YouTube!

Follow me on Facebook!

Check out my Blog at Guerrilla Miniature Games

Made in de
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Berlin

Manchu wrote:Has anyone read the Dust comics?

I have read them all.
The artwork and setting is very good, the stories are OK, but definitely not as good as the art...

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Made in us
Posts with Authority

South Carolina (upstate) USA

doghouse wrote:Those campaign box sets sound really good, looks like this game is going to be brilliant.

Agreed. Im a sucker for mecha as it is, alternate WWII mecha is a big +++. Looks like sometime this spring Ill be buying into this.

Whats my game?
Warmachine (Cygnar)
10/15mm mecha
Song of Blades & Heroes
Blackwater Gulch
X wing
Open to other games too

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

Since the comics are only afew pages up to now that was to be expected. There is more fluff in the books.

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in nl
[MOD]
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Cozy cockpit of an Imperial Knight

The comics, while sporting nice art, are rather vapid.

Fatum Iustum Stultorum

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Made in de
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

Berlin

Some pics of the Deluxe models!

I am a long time DUST fan. I read all the comics, I got the source books and even bought a 1/6 Playkit once...
That DUST now finally comes to the tabletop is IMO a real blessing. Being the fanboy I said I was foolish enough to order one of the Deluxe DUST Tactics sets. Boy are these prepaints good! specially the walkers need none or only very little retouches.
The only thing I do not like are the bases, so expect some re-basing soon.

Size comparison - AT-43 fits best!!! So get some of these cheap while you can... ;-)

More, including a AT-43 walker/ DUST comparison, here-> http://www.adpublishing.de/html/dust.html

cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought

SC, USA

Dang German walkers are growin on me. It's 100 for the set and 300 for the deluxe painted set, right? So you are basically paying 2 x model cost for painted? Seems a bit chingy, but I dont price such things much these days; I'm pretty out of the loop. But the paint Does look nice, I must give it that.

Made in us
Posts with Authority

South Carolina (upstate) USA

grizgrin wrote:Dang German walkers are growin on me. It's 100 for the set and 300 for the deluxe painted set, right? So you are basically paying 2 x model cost for painted? Seems a bit chingy, but I dont price such things much these days; I'm pretty out of the loop. But the paint Does look nice, I must give it that.

Thewarstore.com has the basic (unpainted) set for $69.99, FRPGames.com has it for $79.95. Id imagine there are others selling it for similar prices.

Whats my game?
Warmachine (Cygnar)
10/15mm mecha
Song of Blades & Heroes
Blackwater Gulch
X wing
Open to other games too

Made in gb
Stealthy Kroot Stalker

Well I've literally just played my first game of this.

I think the best way to describe it is as a complicated board game, more than a simplified tabletop game. But really it is a mix of the 2.

Sadly I can't see much depth in the rules, but then I thought the same when I first played AT-43, and I'm still playing that now.

The models are of a good quality, and the primer coat looks easy to paint over (shown very well by the studio painted ones)

I think if you were to buy the properly painted ones you wouldn't be dissapointed, definitely an improvement on Rackham's pre-paints (but they're also a lot more expensive)

All in all a good game, but I won't be buying it myself. Got 'proper' wargames to concentrate on first, with finishing off my Malifaux stuff, and starting on all the new DE stuff to add to my army.

Oshova

3000pts 3500pts Sold =[ 500pts WIP

DS:90S++G++M-B+IPw40k00#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(S)DM+

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

Well, easy to read rules are the way to go. There is no need to make rules overcomplicated to, in the end, achive less than the games with the easier rules do.

Everyone can write complicated rules. But the real trick is making them easy to read and still give you all the options you need. The best example is Kings of War. Most are embarrassed when they see the few pages, but as soon as they have a few games under their belt they realize how concentrated the rules are.

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in gb
Stealthy Kroot Stalker

Well I think the thing that takes this a step further than Kings of War (a game I'm certainly looking at getting into) is the simplification of measurements and dice rolling. You are just using the squares to measure, and you're either going to succeed on effectively a 3+, or on a 5+. Admittedly I do like not having to constantly ask what the toughness (or whatever) of the enemy's models is, you just need to know whether it is Infantry level 1-4, Tank level 1-6, or Flyer level 1-3 . . . A whole lot easier.

I guess I just don't see it as a game I will get hooked to, and therefore a game I'm not going to buy when there are so many games I already enjoy playing.

Oshova

3000pts 3500pts Sold =[ 500pts WIP

DS:90S++G++M-B+IPw40k00#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(S)DM+

Made in de
Trustworthy Shas'vre

Augsburg/Germany

Well, don't forget that this game is a hybrid and that TT rules will be released further down the line.

André Winter
L'Art Noir - Game Design and Translation Studio

Made in us
Fixture of Dakka

CL VI Store in at the Cyber Center of Excellence

Here is a decent review of the game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/582591/whew-what-a-week-my-review-of-dust-tactics-

Jake

Every time a terrorist dies a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Made in us
Posts with Authority

South Carolina (upstate) USA

I got a big LOL out of this bit from that review : "and in reality that’s what 40k has come down to is just moving your squad close enough to another players troops to compare the # of dice rolled and remove casualties". Does seem to be a bit of truth to that...how many times do you see people judging the value of a unit simply by the amount of dice it throws?

It was a nice review to read. Every day Dust moves farther up on my list of things to get.

Whats my game?
Warmachine (Cygnar)
10/15mm mecha
Song of Blades & Heroes
Blackwater Gulch
X wing
Open to other games too

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Richmond, VA

Mad4Minis wrote:

It was a nice review to read. Every day Dust moves farther up on my list of things to get.

Same. If only I could convince someone else to buy it.

Made in us
[DCM]
-

-

Duncan_Idaho wrote:Well, don't forget that this game is a hybrid and that TT rules will be released further down the line.

That sounds... vaguely familiar.

I hope it happens, but, you know, no breath holding and all that.

I'll buy some though - for use in Secrets of the Third Reich!

Made in us
Lord of the Fleet

Texas

Good read