Switch Theme:

Orks - Da Ruff Ridaz - Dakkajet conversion  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

This is the thread for my growing Ork warband, the Ruff Ridaz.

-WARNING-
Most of these models were painted around 2007, a time where my painting skills were even worse than they are now. If you feel uncomfortable after viewing the following pict-captures, report to the nearest Commissar or Preacher for a relaxing sermon or inspiring lecture.

The Emperor protects.

Da Fluffy Bitz (da short version):

> Ork Waaagh! passes Feudal/Civilised World
> Eventually driven off by Imperial Guard and Space Marines
> Small Ork faction remains on-planet
> IG and SM called away to battle Tyranid invasion elsewhere in the sector
> Ork faction grows, but turns Feral after Mek dissappears by teleporting accident, who pops up again every once in a while
> Blood Angels stop by the planet to make repairs, and to investigate reports of Ork activity
> Locals point them towards Ork infestation in the woods
> Blood Angels mobilise, confront the Orks head-on
> Orks slaughter most of the Marines, taking heavy casualties
> Leading Warboss and retinue are trampled by last surviving Marines (this actually happened)
> Orks decide to leg it
> Orks go into hiding, Blood Angels lack resources to pursue
> Some time passes, Blood Angels return to Baal
> Ork faction grows a little again, new Warboss comes to power
> At the same time, Ghazghkull Thraka's Waaagh! passes through the sector
> Ruff Ridaz receive his message of the great Waagh!, but are unable to contact his fleet and lack any spacecraft to join him
> Ruff Ridaz are determined to follow Thraka, even though they have little to no technology left
> Begin quest to build space-ship (and relocate missing Mek)

Da Army (as it stands atm)

The Ridaz in their current glory. Most of them need to be repainted, as they're still the 2007-era colour scheme.

A comparison between the two 'generations'. The right one is the new scheme; Kantor Blue for clothes, Blood Red for accessories. And green, of course. Lots of that.

And here's a few pictures of the titular 'Ruff Ridaz' themselves:

I've got a second squad of those riders on the way, this time they're Gretchin, led by a grumpy Ork with a whip. Aint no mukkin' about on his watch, I'll tell ya that.

I've used this army for a couple of games so far (which is where the Blood Angels bit comes from), and I hope I can expand this little warband into a mighty Waaagh! to challenge those unorky gits at the local gaming store- I mean, have some more friendly matches with them

Thanks for stopping by!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2016/06/30 20:39:00

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

I received my Ebay order in the mail today, which means my warband will now be getting reinforced by a new Warboss (one riding a massive Boar no less) and 7 Black Orcs

I'll get some pics of them soon, in the meantime, here are some close-ups of the Orks I finished thus far:

The Ork Boyz's Sergeant, converted from an old Warhammer Orc

The two Burnaz, who also serve as Tankbustaz in games

The first Nob of his squad. I like to call him "Mr Choppy", because he has the biggest axe of my painted Orks so far.

Pictures are a little dark, I'll try to get some better ones when I have more time on my hands.

Any advice on how to improve the paintjob (or other stuff) is more than welcome

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in au
Roarin' Runtherd

Love the Ork Boyz on the Wargs, looks pretty cool! However, I think a wash or a highlight might make the models pop a little more.

Keep up the good work!

 Jangus wrote:
Love the Ork Boyz on the Wargs, looks pretty cool! However, I think a wash or a highlight might make the models pop a little more.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I'll do my best with the highlighting, but I'm not really sure how I'd highlight the Orks themselves - maybe a green wash will make the skin look better?

Anyways, I've been working on re-painting my Ork Boyz, but I've been able to squeeze in an actual Ruff Rida; a Gretchin one even! (squad 1's last member is still cursing at me for not painting him)

Here's a group shot of the most recently painted Orks, work's going a little slow due to real life interfering

Here's the Gretchin Rida, the first of his squad. These little Gretchin are pretty fun to paint, even though their tinyness tests my painting patience

I got the drybrushing right this time, it now looks the way I wanted it

These are some Shoota Boyz, one completely finished and one that needs a final detail pass - and some basing of course.

And here's a little highlighting test on the clothes of my Orks. I'm still experimenting with the amount of drybrushing.

That's all I have for now, thanks for stopping by!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Yay! Da orkses are back in business! Nice stuff you can of course use a green wash to give the skin more depth and then add your lighter greens in layers. I always use GWs Biel-Tan green for my orks.

Bloody Ork Claws - Levi's blog! - In extension of the p&m blog: Hammer 'n Brush

Army projects:
Blood Angels
Grimtoof 'Eadchoppa's Deff Skullz

Painting project:
Astral Claws and Tyrant's Legion

 Leviathus wrote:
Yay! Da orkses are back in business! Nice stuff you can of course use a green wash to give the skin more depth and then add your lighter greens in layers. I always use GWs Biel-Tan green for my orks.

Thanks for the tip Levi

And yes, the Waaagh! is coming along slowly, I'm still looking for a good way to reinforce my Orks though; a Trukk or some Killa Kans maybe? Or maybe some more wild animals to stay in within the theme?

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Perhaps a chariot pulled by boars as count-as trukk or boyz riding on a 'Nid of a gaint lizard *cough*lizardmen*cough*

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/01/20 10:40:23

 Leviathus wrote:
Perhaps a chariot pulled by boars as count-as trukk or boyz riding on a 'Nid of a gaint lizard *cough*lizardmen*cough*

That could work

At the moment I'm really thinking of scratchbuilding a vehicle of some kind, or a conversion of a SM or IG vehicle; or I could build an upscaled version of the GorkaMorka trukk I currently have, it's got a pretty nifty design

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Nice! Gorkamorka vehicles are just fantastic! There are a lot of rad conversions on the interwebz that use these as base!

Bloody Ork Claws - Levi's blog! - In extension of the p&m blog: Hammer 'n Brush

Army projects:
Blood Angels
Grimtoof 'Eadchoppa's Deff Skullz

Painting project:
Astral Claws and Tyrant's Legion

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

Vehicle-conversions, here I come!

Speaking of vehicles, I visited Ebay again - with the usual result of me finding a million things I want but can't have

Fortunately, a few of those things I can actually have, as long as it seems like I'm saving money doing so

My Ebay-quest has led me to three new items:
- 1 old Predator model
- 1 Death Company Dreadnought (I believe from the Shield of Baal set)
- A set of cute little Squig stand-ins from Kromlech.

Now the Death Company Dreadnought is going to end up looted by the Orks (sorry Levi ), although I'm not quite sure what kind of weaponry I'll give him, seeing as I have no other 'mech' kits I can grab some parts from

The Predator is either going to my Death Ravens or to the Orks.

And the Squigs are going to be part of the Orks, naturally. Maybe I'll play them as Counts as Ork Boyz

In short, more fun stuff to work with!

If anyone has an idea on how I can make extra weapons or arms for the Looted Dreadnought, please let me know, and thanks for stopping by

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

It's update time!

I got my package in the mail today, and I've spent the entire day building my own little Deff Dread

Behold!

I wanted to keep it simple conversion-wise, as I'm not really gifted when it comes to converting and because it ties in with the fluff of the warband (them being slightly Feral due to their Big Mek teleporting in and out of reality all the time)

I've also finished two more Ork Boyz, with three others getting their base colours done at the same time.

The latest group of work-in-progress Boyz. The two on the right are the finished ones, even managed to get their basing done

Also, here's the Predator I got with the package.

I really like this model, it's slightly smaller as a regular Predator but still useable as such. It has sponsons, they just weren't mounted on the tank when I shot this picture (and the tank crew wanted to give the Ork a chance to run away )

That's it for today, thanks for stopping by

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

I finally got around to painting the last member of the first Ruff Ridaz squadron

Which means.... it's time to get stuck in Boyz!

The entire squad, the newest one is the one right next to the captain.

The last member of the squad. Took ya long enuff!

A face only Gork and Mork could love

And some action shots of the squad

Now that squad 1 is complete, I can focus on the rest of the army, like Ruff Riderz squad 2, the 'Dakkanought' and the Ork Boyz I've been repainting

I'll get a showcase thread up for the first squad once I get some better pics taken, but comments and criticisms are always welcome here too

Thanks for stopping by!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

Hello again everyone

A friend of mine asked if I could paint one of those Gnaws I bought for her, as she thinks giant maws with little legs are cute

She wanted dark blue for it, so I painted one of the other ones first to test the colour scheme.

I used a basecoat of Kantor Blue, followed by a wash of Druchii Violet, and then I drybrushed Kantor Blue and Magic Blue over the flesh again
Pictures are a bit crap as they were taken with my cellphone, so the Gnaw looks a bit more purple than IRL.
So, how does it look?

In other Ork-related news, I converted some of those Black Orks and some push-fit Ork Boyz I bought a while ago.

I used some regular Boyz bits for these two, the gun of the right one is from the push-fit Boyz; the other one got an arm from a regular boy as the sprue I got of these guys didn't have the right arm of the two-handed weapons

And these are the push-fit Orks, with some minor weapons and arms swaps. Middle one doesn't have a head because I've got a painted head waiting for him

I've primed a couple more miniatures today, so I should have some more variety in what I paint the coming days

As always, feel free to let me know what you think, and thanks for stopping by!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Squig! - I mean Gnaw! Looking very crisp! good job!

The new orks look great too. Are these the 'Ard boyz of the Ruff Ridaz?

Bloody Ork Claws - Levi's blog! - In extension of the p&m blog: Hammer 'n Brush

Army projects:
Blood Angels
Grimtoof 'Eadchoppa's Deff Skullz

Painting project:
Astral Claws and Tyrant's Legion

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

Thank you!

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with those Black Orks, they're about the size of Nobz, but they could be 'Ard Boyz indeed

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

I finally got around to painting the Squig for my friend, I was previously halted in my work by my black primer, which conveniently decided to run out

Anyways, after a quick visit to the shop, I had black primer again and I somehow ended up with a box of Gretchin

I couldn't resist painting one of the snotty buggers, because they're A. cute as hell and B. I also acquired a green wash while I was at the store, which I still had to test

So without further ado, here are some pictures:

(note: the Squig wasn't completely finished when I took these pictures, so the teeth and nails have only their basecoat applied)

This one has pupils, by my employer's demand

I think the green wash really helped raise the contrast between the Warboss Green basecoat and the Goblin Green layer, it looks a lot brighter now

That's all I have for you right now, thanks for stopping by!

Automatically Appended Next Post:
The Squig is done!

I finished the work on its teeth and nails, after which I based it the way I usually do. While I was at it, I based the Gretchin and the other Squig as well, and I added some pupils to the first squig

First up are some pictures of the Squig for my friend:

Here's a pic of the two Squigs together:

And here's the two of them with their next meal

I really liked working with the Gnaw models, they're fantastic sculpts that really lend themselves to using washes and drybrushing. I still have one to go, not sure if I'm gonna make it dark blue as well or if I'm gonna try painting it red like regular squigs

As always, any comments or advice are more than welcome, and thanks for stopping by!

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Huh, my previous posts were automatically appended for some reason. Oh well.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2015/02/01 18:39:09

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in us
Nasty Nob

I really like those Gnaws. Moar pics please!

My P&M blog: Cleatus, the Scratch-building Mekboy
Successful Swap Trades: 6

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

You demand, we deliver!

The second squig has already been delivered to my friend though (who was very happy with it by the way ), so no extra pictures of that one I'm afraid

I also managed to paint another Nob in the past few days, I painted it with the same process as I used for the Gretchin

Waaaaaagh!

Here's a comparison between the flesh of the two Nobz I've painted so far, left one was washed with Biel-tan green while the other one wasn't

I also built another Black Ork, who managed to get himself a pistol somehow
Oi, clobberin' humies all da time getz borin' if dey can't shoot back every once in a while, ya'know?

And here's a picture of all the painted and based Ruff Ridaz thus far

That's all I have for now, thanks for stopping by!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

I found some more time to paint my Orks, and decided to paint the glorious leader of my little Waaagh!

Behold, Warboss Gutslasha on his noble steed Greymane Yellowhide!

"Local legends mention a great Boar, its skin an unusual shade of yellow and stronger than any of its kind, which roams the deepest parts of the forest. No hunter, knight or even king has managed to slay the near mythical beast, any and all of its assailants never returning from its hunting grounds.

However, such stories are lost upon an Ork.

Following the death of their previous Warboss, the remaining Ruff Ridaz fled into the very bowels of the woods. One of these Orks, named Gutslasha for his ferocity in close combat, managed to get separated from his fellow Orks, unintentionally finding himself face to face with the great Boar itself.

After taking one good look at the Boar, Gutslasha made an important decision. He would become Warboss of the Ruff Ridaz.

And this Boar would be the testament of his skill.

With a mighty roar he charged the Boar, fully intent on taming the great beast himself.

The rest is history.

Now Warboss Gutslasha roams the planet, his steed Yellowhide his badge of office, death and destruction following in their wake...."

I also tried to make some (very simple) terrain using cardboard and grass matts, as you can see here:

It's kind of lonely here...

...time for a Waaaagh!

So, what do you think of the Warboss? I wasn't really sold on the yellow colour at first (the colour sort of 'happened'), but now thats it's fully finished, I think it works pretty well

Any comments or questions are more than welcome, and as always, thanks for stopping by!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Yer Warboss is really choppy like! The yellow is fine

Bloody Ork Claws - Levi's blog! - In extension of the p&m blog: Hammer 'n Brush

Army projects:
Blood Angels
Grimtoof 'Eadchoppa's Deff Skullz

Painting project:
Astral Claws and Tyrant's Legion

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

Thanks Levi! I'll be sure to let him know (once he stops trying to murder me)

I'm glad the yellow turned out okay, I was actually aiming for a light brown, but turns out Tallarn Sand is more sand-colored than I remembered

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

It's been a while since I updated this thread, both the Imperium and Chaos claiming the painting schedule (bloody 'umies!), but now that I've got some vacation, it's time to revisit everyone's favorite Green horde

So far, I've finished 4 miniatures, three Boyz I'd started repainting ages ago, and one Warhammer convert, a Black Orc turned Nob/'Ard Boy.

First up, the Boyz:

I might add a highlight to their shirts, but they're pretty much done after that. I tried painting them in the 'assembly line' approach, but as it turns out, I'd be a pretty bad assembly line worker, since painting these guys took me an enormous amount of time On the other hand, that might've been more due to real life obstructions rather than my slowness at painting (u'z making excuzes again, 'umie!), since I got these guys finished pretty quickly once I put my mind to it

Next, we've got the Nob; I was really stuck on this one, I just couldn't figure out how I wanted him to look. Eventually, I just made some decisions, added some freehand and ended up with this:

Not too bad, if I say so myself The helmet gave me the most trouble, because I'm a bit obsessed with creating contrast between different parts of armour and cloth; there's just so much detail that goes unused otherwise I eventually settled on a dark blue mouthpiece, with white freehand teeth to lighten it up a bit.

So what's next for the Ruff Ridaz? There's a lot of options, I'll tell you that: I could paint 4 more Ruff Ridaz (Gretchin ones), or finish up one of the two Nob squads, or continue the endless task of repainting my old Ork Boyz, I've got my Deff Dread I'd like to get painted, etcetera etcetera. So if anyone has a certain preference for one of the options, I'm all ears

That's all I have for now, I hope to bring you more finished Orks in the future, and as always, thanks for stopping by

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in nl
Angry Blood Angel Assault marine

Netherlands

Yes! The ladz get some attenchun! Nice freehand there. And I can't shake the feeling that the Nob/'Ard Boy is ready for some Blood Bowl perhaps because of his helmet. Anyways good to see da boyz bein' painted up! Nice job.

Bloody Ork Claws - Levi's blog! - In extension of the p&m blog: Hammer 'n Brush

Army projects:
Blood Angels
Grimtoof 'Eadchoppa's Deff Skullz

Painting project:
Astral Claws and Tyrant's Legion

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

Thank you! Although I can't unsee the Blood Bowl reference now, the more I look at him the more I think of a football player

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in us
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets

Houston, TX

Great stuff. The painting quality is improving with each post. You've got a nice unique color scheme with the red, white and blue. Keep 'em comin'.

Xhorik 87th Drop Troops P&M blog https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/775655.page

Project log and campaign featuring Orks, Imperial Guard, Marines, Tyranids: http://www.xhorikwar.blogspot.com/
Currently focused on our Horus Heresy campaign with White Scars, Death Guard and Imperial Militia.

Made in se
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought

I... actually don't know. Help?

I really like your scheme! MURICA!

Also, how are you so good at freehand?

Also, on a serious note, They're coming along real nice, I look forward to seeing more of 'em.

Also, I haven't said a boring pun in a while: Oh BOY, this is looking good!

To Valhall! ~2800 points

Tutorials: Wet Palette | Painting Station

Made in be
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

In the Warp, getting trolled by Tactical_Spam, AKA TZEENTCH INCARNATE

WE'RE BACK, 'UMIES! AND IT'S TIME FOR A PROPER WAAAAAAAAAGH!

So, the Orks are back, after months of languishing in the depths of my painting and modelling queue (seriously, these guys have been down here way too long). I'm going to try and stay focused on one army at a time this time around, and the Orks get the honour of being first pick.

I hadn't completely abandoned the Orks in the past months though; every once in a while, an Ork model managed to sneak into the painting queue, slightly reducing the massive pile of Orks I still have to paint. However, the Orks' numbers grew rather dramatically when I found twenty-something WHFB Orks in a book shop while on vacation, who I managed to get for around 20 euros in total! So now there's a lot more Orks in the running, which means more painting, but also more modelling fun!

Without further ado, let's take a look at the newcomers!

Here are all the models I've fully painted so far. The unit of Nobz finally got finished, and I'm busy finishing up the first group of Boyz at the moment. I also started some work on the Deff Dread, but he's not pictured here.

The Nobz got their final two members finished in the past few weeks, starting with this fellow:

Spoiler:

And ending with this one:

Spoiler:

I really enjoyed painting these guys, they're a blast to paint compared to some of the other Ork models. I freehanded some checkers and other things here and there to spice things up a little, and I think it really makes them pop a bit more

Also, I've been steadily working on finishing up a squad of 15 Orks, formed by my old and now repainted Ork models, some new ones, and even a couple conversions from the WHFB models.

The Grenade-lobber was the first to be finished in the past few months, after a chance discovery of a grenade-wielding arm in a pile of bits:

This one, like the Grenade-lobber, was converted from those snap-fit Ork models. I swapped out his original head for one I had tried to greenstuff a nice little gangster scarf on, which turned rather well in my opinion

This one was the first model I converted from the WHFB rescues, swapping his knives out for a nice shoota:

The two most prized models of the group, however, are an illustrious duo, who both were a little bit too enthusiastic in their war efforts...

Meet Bernard and Harry, the beheaded brothers Their creation was actually a bit of an accident, as they were simply unfortunate enough to have their heads snap off during the flight back home; but my girlfriend insisted I painted them as they were, as she thought they looked incredibly funny

The other models from the WHFB group have been subject to some conversion work, here's an overview of the lot:

Here are some close-ups of the ones I've converted more than the others:

A big Shoota, because who doesn't need that

Two Tankbustaz who will join the two Burna Boyz I've got to form a squad I can use for either role

I actually didn't convert this one, but I'm going to try to keep some of his original colour scheme when I get to painting him, because that bone-coloured face looks pretty damn awesome

And here's a Nob I'm trying to convert into the speshul weapons carrier of the Nobz squad, with his pistol getting replaced by a kombi-weapon.

On a side note, I've noticed that I'm not using a whole lot of advanced techniques on these guys, and I think they'd look quite a bit better with some extra highlights and some better basing. I'm going to try and work on that based on some tutorials I've found online and in the White Dwarf magazines, but any other suggestions to improve them are always welcome!

So there, that's the lot of them I'll try to post some updates more frequently, hopefully motivating myself to get more finished in the process

Let me know what you think!

Tactical_Spam: Ezra is fighting reality right now.

War Kitten: Vanden, you just taunted the Dank Lord Ezra. Prepare for seven years of fighting reality...

War Kitten: Ezra can steal reality

Kharne the Befriender:Took him seven years but he got it wrangled down

Made in ca
Ork Boy Hangin' off a Trukk

Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Nice work. I like the conversions, and while my style is heavy into dirt and rust, I have a great fondness for the old school style of bright, clean colours. Subscribed.

Oh, and the beheaded brothers are hilarious.

Made in se
Ancient Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought

I... actually don't know. Help?

Nice! As Zogg said, the bright colours cheme looks cool. I love the beheaded guys!

To Valhall! ~2800 points

Tutorials: Wet Palette | Painting Station

Made in us
Nasty Nob

I like your conversions. It's tough to pull off brightly colored Orks, but you did a great job. Thanks for sharing!

My P&M blog: Cleatus, the Scratch-building Mekboy
Successful Swap Trades: 6

Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: