Switch Theme:

Lets make a list of all weapons with "Ignores Cover" from all armies  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Angelic Adepta Sororitas

Just as the title says- Please post up what you know so we can make a list of all the weapons that ignore cover that every army has access to, with their AP value. Very Curious to know what different armies have available to them, and what the typical amount of Ignores Cover weapons each army has. Also began adding wargear/special rules/etc that give Ignore cover or reduce cover saves.

If you know of anything missing, Please add it and I'll edit this post to reflect it.

Space Marines

Flamer AP:5
Heavy Flamer AP:4
Flamestorm Cannon AP:3
Dragonfire Bolter Ammo AP:5
Airburst TFC shells AP:6
Incendiary Castellan Missiles AP:5
Any weapon carried by LoTD
*Auspex gives -1 cover

Orks

Burna AP:5
Burna Bomb AP:4
Scorcha AP:4
Scorcha Missile AP:4

Blood Angels

Flamer - AP:5
Heavy Flamer - AP:4
Flamestorm Cannon - AP:3
Hand Flamer (Pistol) - AP:6
Dragonfire Bolter Ammo (Sternguard) - AP:5
Incendiary Castellan Missiles - AP:5

Imperial Guard

Heavy Flamer - AP:4
Flamer - AP:5
Inferno Cannon- AP:4 Torrent
Chem Cannon- AP:3 Template
DeathStrike Missile - AP:1 (One shot/game)
Eradicator Nova Cannon - AP:4
Stormshard Mortar - AP:6
* "Fire on my Target" order give any infantry Ignores Cover

Chaos Space Marines

Flamer - AP5
Heavy Flamer - AP4
Baleflamer - AP3 (Also Torrent and has Soul Blaze)
Burning Brand of Skalathrax - AP3 (Also Torrent, has Soul Blaze and is a Relic)
Doom Siren - AP3
Blastmaster - AP4 or AP3 (depending on the mode)
Sonic Blaster - AP5

Chaos Daemons

Skull Catapult -S8 ap5 Large Blast
Flames of Tzeentch - S4 ap4 template
Pink Flames of Tzeentch - S5 ap3 torrent
Baleful Torrent - S6 ap4 torrent
Corrosive Breath - S5 ap5 template (note: random gift on daemon reward table)

Tyranids

Template weapons:
Thorax biomorphs (ap 5)
Stranglewebs (ap:-)
Flameburst (ap4)
Drool Cannon (ap4)

Torrent weapons:
Acid Spray (ap4)

Non-template weapons:
Impaler Cannon (ap4)
Spore mine living bomb (ap4)
Mucolid spore mine living bomb (ap3)

Adepta Sororitas

Flamer (AP5)
Heavy Flamer (AP4)
Dominion Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Storm Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Flamer (AP5)
Dominion Meltagun (AP1)
Dominion Combi-Weapons (AP 5/2/1)

Necrons

Gauntlet of Fire 5
Heat Ray 4

Mechanicus/Skitarii/Knights

Cognis Flamer 5
Incendine Combustor 5
Heavy Flamer 4
* Luminagen Phosphor + Omnispex

Eldar

Flamer
Dragons Breath Flamer
D-scythe
Destructor
Serpent Shield
Hawk Grenade pack
Doomweaver shooting as a torrent
Bio cataclysm from Maugan Ra's shrieker shots
Mind War

Situational weapons
Dark Reapers (ignore Jink)
D-cannon, Wraithgun, Heavy Wraithgun (D weapons)

Dark Eldar

Eyeburst AP3
Liquifier Gun APd6
Spirit Siphon AP3
Phantasm Grenade Launcher* (Effectively AP2)
Torment Grenade Launcher* (Effectively AP2)
Crucible of Malediction* (Effectively AP2)
Archangel of Pain* (Effectively AP2)

Tau

Flamer, 5
SMS, 5
Airbursting Frag. Projector, 5
*Markerlights subtract cover

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/03 23:12:08

Made in us
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard

Catskills in NYS

Tau:
Flamer, 5
SMS, 5
Airbursting Frag. Projector, 5

Homosexuality is the #1 cause of gay marriage.
 kronk wrote:
Every pizza is a personal sized pizza if you try hard enough and believe in yourself.
 sebster wrote:
Yes, indeed. What a terrible piece of cultural imperialism it is for me to say that a country shouldn't murder its own citizens
 BaronIveagh wrote:
Basically they went from a carrot and stick to a smaller carrot and flanged mace.

Made in de
Experienced Maneater

For Space Marines:
Everything a Damned Legionaire can equip.

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

UK

Tyranids
Thorax weapons 3
Impaler Cannon 1
Acid Spray 1
Forget the one that the Pyrovore has, but you'll never see it action.

YMDC = nightmare

Made in us
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine

Mississippi

Imperial Guard:

Heavy Flamer - AP:4
Flamer - AP:5
DeathStrike Missile - AP:1 (Strength 10 too, though it's one shot only)
Eradicator Nova Cannon - AP:4
Stormshard Mortar - AP:6

Note #1: The Hydra Flak Tank makes cover saves more difficult if my memory serves versus skimmers or jetbikes (They don't get cover saves from turbo boosting or going flat out, so that's kind of ignores cover? Sort of?)

Note 2: Any infantry portable weapon can have ignores cover in the I.G. Codex thanks to the Senior Officer's "Fire on my target!" order. It grants the receiving squad the ignores cover special rule. Granted, the majority of the squad will only have lasguns more often than not, but having a trio of plasma guns or meltaguns in a veteran squad receive the Ignores Cover USR is pretty swanky. It's situational (Can only issue the order from a Company Command Squad, and only out to 12" max, or 18" if you get the right warlord trait), but can be fun.

Blood Angels:

Flamer - AP:5
Heavy Flamer - AP:4
Flamestorm Cannon - AP:3
Hand Flamer (Pistol) - AP:6
Dragonfire Bolter Ammo (Sternguard) - AP:5
Incendiary Castellan Missiles - AP:5

Take it easy for now.

-Red__Thirst-

You don't know me son, so I'll explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.

Made in au
Liche Priest Hierophant

Chaos Space Marines:

Flamer - AP5
Heavy Flamer - AP4
Baleflamer - AP3 (Also Torrent and has Soul Blaze)
Burning Brand of Skalathrax - AP3 (Also Torrent, has Soul Blaze and is a Relic)
Doom Siren - AP3
Blastmaster - AP4 or AP3 (depending on the mode)
Sonic Blaster - AP5

I think that's everything.

Made in us
Auspicious Daemonic Herald

Chaos Daemons
Skull Catapult - S8 ap5 Large Blast
Flames of Tzeentch - S4 ap4 template
Pink Flames of Tzeentch - S5 ap3 torrent
Baleful Torrent - S6 ap4 torrent
Corrosive Breath - S5 ap5 template (note: random gift on daemon reward table)

Made in nl
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch

Netherlands

 Frozocrone wrote:
Tyranids
Thorax weapons 3
Impaler Cannon 1
Acid Spray 1
Forget the one that the Pyrovore has, but you'll never see it action.

I don't think you understood the question.

Tyranids:

Template weapons:
> Thorax biomorphs (ap 5)
> Stranglewebs (ap:-)
> Flameburst (ap4)
> Drool Cannon (ap4)

Torrent weapons:
> Acid Spray (ap4)

Non-template weapons:
> Impaler Cannon (ap4)
> Spore mine living bomb (ap4)
> Mucolid spore mine living bomb (ap3)

14000
15000
4000

Made in gb
Hallowed Canoness

Between

Adepta Sororitas;

Flamer (AP5)
Heavy Flamer (AP4)
Dominion Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Storm Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Flamer (AP5)
Dominion Meltagun (AP1)
Dominion Combi-Weapons (AP 5/2/1)

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Adepta Sororitas;

Flamer (AP5)
Heavy Flamer (AP4)
Dominion Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Storm Bolter (AP5)
Dominion Flamer (AP5)
Dominion Meltagun (AP1)
Dominion Combi-Weapons (AP 5/2/1)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/02 07:49:41

"That time I only loaded the cannon with powder. Next time, I will fill it with jewels and diamonds and they will cut you to shrebbons!" - Nogbad the Bad.

Made in us
Imperial Guard Landspeeder Pilot

On moon miranda.

 Red__Thirst wrote:
Imperial Guard:

Heavy Flamer - AP:4
Flamer - AP:5
DeathStrike Missile - AP:1 (Strength 10 too, though it's one shot only)
Eradicator Nova Cannon - AP:4
Stormshard Mortar - AP:6

Note #1: The Hydra Flak Tank makes cover saves more difficult if my memory serves versus skimmers or jetbikes (They don't get cover saves from turbo boosting or going flat out, so that's kind of ignores cover? Sort of?)
Not anymore sadly, they made got rid of the ability to ignore Jink saves, and made it open-topped, just to make it bad apparently.

Also, to add to the above list

Inferno Cannon, AP4 (torrent)
Chem Cannon AP3 (template)
Hellfury Missile AP5 (though I don't think anyone has ever used these) Large Blast

If we want to include Imperial Armour
Collossus Siege Mortar AP3 (Ordnance Large Blast)
Carcass Shells for Heavy Mortars AP4 (Ordnance Large Blast)

Superheavies:
Praetor Launcher (firestorm) AP4 (Massive 7" blast)
Hellhammer Cannon AP1 (Massive 7" blast)
Inferno Gun (from Macharius Infernus) AP3 (Firestorm)
Stormsword Siege Cannon AP1 (Apocalyptic 10" blast)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/02 08:00:17

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT.

New Heavy Gear Log! Also...Grey Knights!
The correct pronunciation is Imperial Guard and Stormtroopers, "Astra Militarum" and "Tempestus Scions" are something you'll find at Hogwarts.

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

UK

topaxygouroun i wrote:
 Frozocrone wrote:
Tyranids
Thorax weapons 3
Impaler Cannon 1
Acid Spray 1
Forget the one that the Pyrovore has, but you'll never see it action.

I don't think you understood the question.

Tyranids:

Template weapons:
> Thorax biomorphs (ap 5)
> Stranglewebs (ap:-)
> Flameburst (ap4)
> Drool Cannon (ap4)

Torrent weapons:
> Acid Spray (ap4)

Non-template weapons:
> Impaler Cannon (ap4)
> Spore mine living bomb (ap4)
> Mucolid spore mine living bomb (ap3)

My bad, looking at OP I thought that's how many units could take those weapons.

I wouldn't count the Spore Mines, since they have to be in CC to use their rules.

YMDC = nightmare

Made in us
Deranged Necron Destroyer

Would dominion squads count or you only want weapons?

Sisters of battle
hand-flamer ap6
flamer ap5
Heavy flamer ap4
Tl Heavy Flamer ap4

It's easy to assume that people arguing an interpretation you disagree with are just looking for an advantage for themselves... But it's quite often not the case.

Made in us
Focused Fire Warrior

Rockwood, TN

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the Markerlight makes all Tau weapons capable of ignoring cover. Because, you know, that is the number one complaint I keep reading about...

Made in ru
Longtime Dakkanaut

Moscow, Russia

Neither army has much. Eerily almost as if they were designed that way.

Necrons

Gauntlet of Fire 5
Heat Ray 4
That relic thing ?

Mechanicus/Skitarii/Knights

Cognis Flamer 5
Incendine Combustor 5
Heavy Flamer 4

but possible reduction of cover saves due to the Luminagen rule that phosphor weapons have and/or omnispexes

Made in gb
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say

Tau-
Everything
(due to Markerlights)

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

We're not talking about things that give weapons ignore cover but weapons that come with ignore cover in their base profile is what I think the OP was getting at

19th Krieg Siege Army 7500pts.
40k/HH Night Lords 5000pts.
Orks Waaaghmacht Spearhead 2500pts.

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Buffalo, NY

Eldar:
Flamer
Dragons Breath Flamer
D-scythe
Destructor
Serpent Shield

Situational
Dark Reapers (ignore Jink)
D-cannon, Wraithgun, Heavy Wraithgun (D weapons)

Greebo had spent an irritating two minutes in that box. Technically, a cat locked in a box may be alive or it may be dead. You never know until you look. In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
Orks always ride in single file to hide their strength and numbers.
Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, Gozer the Traveler, and Lord of the Sebouillia

Made in gb
Killer Klaivex

The dark behind the eyes.

Dark Eldar:
Eyeburst AP3
Liquifier Gun APd6
Spirit Siphon AP3
Phantasm Grenade Launcher* (Effectively AP2)
Torment Grenade Launcher* (Effectively AP2)
Crucible of Malediction* (Effectively AP2)
Archangel of Pain* (Effectively AP2)

 blood reaper wrote:
I will respect human rights and trans people but I will never under any circumstances use the phrase 'folks' or 'ya'll'. I would rather be killed by firing squad.

 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.

 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.

 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.

Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut

ehm onl mentioning the weapons with the rule is useless if you don't mention the special rules or models that give it such as IG orders, or those fw tank (upgrades) and Tau marker lights.

Inactive, user. New profile might pop up in a while

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Co'tor Shas wrote:
Tau:
Flamer, 5
SMS, 5
Airbursting Frag. Projector, 5

Two Markerlights Gue'la.

Also a Seeker Markerlihgt D:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/02 10:08:44

I'll pluck you like a flower.

Tau Painting Blog [Updated: 12/27/15 Happy Dronecember!] : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/662024.page#8088404

LVO List Data Base (Submit your list if you played! Growing All the Time!): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y28px3mgjeergdn/AADDpUf3n_u2QfkiYzDzHSh0a?dl=0

Made in gb
Killer Klaivex

The dark behind the eyes.

oldzoggy wrote:
ehm onl mentioning the weapons with the rule is useless if you don't mention the special rules

In case someone is confused and thinks DE might actually have access to useful weapons?

 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.

Made in gb
Emboldened Warlock

Widnes UK

 Happyjew wrote:
Eldar:
Flamer
Dragons Breath Flamer
D-scythe
Destructor
Serpent Shield

Situational
Dark Reapers (ignore Jink)
D-cannon, Wraithgun, Heavy Wraithgun (D weapons)

Also:
Hawk Grenade pack
Doomweaver shooting as a torrent
Bio cataclysm from Maugan Ra's shrieker shots
Mind War

And we have reveal which removes stealth and shrouded, even if it doesn't completely ignore cover saves.

Ulthwe: 7500 points

 Tinkrr wrote:
 Co'tor Shas wrote:
Tau:
Flamer, 5
SMS, 5
Airbursting Frag. Projector, 5

Two Markerlights Gue'la.

Also a Seeker Markerlight D:

We're talking about base here. Else we'd have to mention stuff like orders, chapter tactics, psychic powers, ect.

 Co'tor Shas wrote:

We're talking about base here. Else we'd have to mention stuff like orders, chapter tactics, psychic powers, ect.

Isn't that the point though?

It does skew things a fair bit. As does only giving the name and AP.

 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.

Made in us
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard

Catskills in NYS

Of course, but I don't think anybody really needs to be told that tau can ignore cover relatively easily. In fact, I'd say the reason they only have 3 weapons that do so base is because of that.

 BaronIveagh wrote:
Basically they went from a carrot and stick to a smaller carrot and flanged mace.

Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

PA Unitied States

nevermind someone beat me to it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/10/02 13:20:36

22 yrs in the hobby
:Eldar: 10K+ pts, 2500 pts
1850 pts
Vampire Counts 4000+

Made in ca
Storm Trooper with Maglight

Tau: everything

123ply: Dataslate- 4/4/3/3/1/3/1/8/6+
Autopistol, Steel Extendo, Puma Hoodie
USRs: "Preferred Enemy: Xenos"
"Hatred: Xenos"
"Racist and Proud of it" - Gains fleshbane, rending, rage, counter-attack, and X2 strength and toughness when locked in combat with units not in the "Imperium of Man" faction.

Collection:
AM/IG - 122nd Terrax Guard: 2094/3000pts
Skitarii/Cult Mech: 1380/2000pts
Khorne Daemonkin - Host of the Nervous Knife: 1701/2000pts
Orks - Rampage Axez: 1753/2000pts

Made in us
Angelic Adepta Sororitas

oldzoggy wrote:
only mentioning the weapons with the rule is useless if you don't mention the special rules or models that give it such as IG orders, or those fw tank (upgrades) and Tau marker lights.

Its def worth mentioning ANY method of giving ignores cover that your army can give. For example, the IG order, or even psychic powers/wargear, etc.

What I'm trying to see here (and share with everyone) is the amount of ignore cover weapon options available to each faction. 7th edition 40k is riddled with cover saves and Jink being a keystone of many top builds, so this seems like great knowledge for everyone to either build a list, or to know what they are facing

Made in us
Angelic Adepta Sororitas

Edited the original post with updates from the thread. If you see something missing, or something is wrong, please post up.

Made in gb
Revving Ravenwing Biker

England

You forgot the IG's Hellhammer Cannon and Stormsword Siege Cannon, both AP1.

Don't believe me? It's all in the numbers.
Number 1: That's terror.
Number 2: That's terror.
Dark Angels/Angels of Vengeance combo - ???? - Input wanted!

Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: