Switch Theme:

The Fall of House Voidsoul - Mechanicus War Convocation  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Hi all!

Some of you may have seen my Ztahlinork-plog and the mess it became with the added non-orkish models.

So, I'll try to group them all here in a single themed plog.

I bid thee welcome and hope thy will enjoy

"The Fall of House Voidsoul"

The main idea is quite simple : try to build and paint every single non-xenos model I have lying around,
thus creating multiple playable detachments.

There are some simple rules I have to adhere to:

> no more spending than €60 a month on new toys
> maximise on emptying the various bits-boxes
> try to paint every 2 days, for at least 2hours (instead of doing nonsense as watching TV)
> making sure to finish full squads, not just the 7 guys you accidentally need for a certain battle.

That's it.

So here we go - hope u'll enjoy.

NOTE : to the people who stumble upon my Waaagh-plog : the first parts here are blatant copies of that one.
Had to be done for completeness' sake.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Bill, the Krassus Pattern Battle Droid...

A slight nod to the look& feel of the Kastellans.
In game it functions as an Acolyte or a Servitor.

Next up, the Hunter Pattern Assassin Droid

This is of course a Death Cult Assassin.

The following droid is perhaps less obvious :
Pyrrhus Burner Droid

This will function as a Daemon Host.

As a stand-in psyker, I have the Conclave Droid available

This one is tiny.

I actually wanted something like a brain-in-a-jar, but couldn't find the right bits for the moment.

Next up is the Inquisitor itself :
TX100 Death Droid

Equipped with terminator armour and a psycannon, this guy wants to be mean.
I think he has the looks...

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Next up - a Vanguard model.

Well I've gotten hold of 60+ of these old metal stormtroopers, so why let them go to waste?

For the Vanguard, I just replace the front end of the gun with one from the plastic Necron Warriors to make the gun look more "alien" / weird.
I'll also be using all the masked ones as Vanguard, while the ones with an open visor will serve as Rangers.

Next up an Infiltrator.

You've guessed it : why let the Necron Warriors go to waste?

So after some serious chopping, the arms were repositioned and new weapons added.
I also removed parts of the spine and attached the torso differently to it, to get a more hunched (hopefully sinister) feel.

Here's my take on a Ballistarius.

I got the legs from a bits-site. The "body" consists of a Knight's Helmet, part of a thermal cannon, parts of arc rifles, a heavy psycannon, ...
It just had to look like a kind of weird, robot-like contraption. Maybe a testmodel a deranged Magos made on an off day.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
I caved in...

Normally, I'd consider this baby out of my league,
but bagged another "Best Painted Award" and got him as a prize...

(note : the competition must be really weak around here )

Not much conversion really, just made him a rotary-cannon thingie with some brass rod and plasticard.

Also a massively quick painting / basing job : 13h from start to finish.
I'll rework some parts later, but for now it's ready to start appearing in my War Convocation.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2015/11/20 14:23:16

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

So here's the Magos / tech priest dominus.

I found one of these sicaran heads to look pretty "evil", so that seemed quite appropriate for him.
The legs come from a Necron, slightly repositioned. arms and stuff come from Sicarans and Kataphrons.

I cut down one of the breachers' arms to create an eradication ray.

What do you think?

Made in gb
Pious Palatine

I commented in your other thread, but I'll say it again.

Awesome! Consider me subbed.

EDC

Made in kr
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM

Republic of Ireland

Nice stuff indeed. Some really really tidy wee conversions! 13 hours to paint an entire knight? Sweet mercy - that was quick! Think I spent about that on my knights marble armour plates alone!!!
Looking forward to seeing more cracking convs

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Hi all !

A bit of a "big" update with the painting in progress.
Had these uploaded last week or so, just never got round to posting them here.

For the moment, most of the colours are blocked in, so I can start adding the shading.
What you see is the work of about 2 evenings, so don't expect something fancy

First : the assassin droid :

Next : the psykerbot

The Burner droid :

Some priests :

I prefer the more gladiatorial look, than the shaven heads and strange staves / rods.

More priests :

A shot of the model's style :

Don't they feel a bit like Dark Jedi or something ?

Infiltrators :

Vanguard :

Kastellan N° 2 :

Ballistarius :

And the nearly finished Death Droid :

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Hi all.

Phew, a long time absent.
Sorry for that.

Was spending too much time browsing through a lot of the hyper-nice logs here
and didn't get anything done.

But that has changed : this weekend I'll be attending a Highlander Tournament, so I'm finishing a playable army as fast as possible.

Here's some of the stuff I got "done" to a playable level.
Hope you like.

Kataphron Destroyers

Kataphron Breachers

Kastellan Droids

Sicaran Infiltrators

Skitarii Rangers

Skitarii Vanguard

Ironstrider Dragoon

Ballistarius

Dunecrawler (with a little closeup, as I'm quite happy with the way the freehand turned out)

ion%2C%20Cult%20Mechanicus%2C%20Mechanicus%2C%20Orange%2C%20Skitarii.jpg[/img][/url]

Magos (I love this one)

Battle Servitors

And their ride...

A Hoverback

And some servo-skulls to top it all of...

Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot

Pittsburgh PA, USA

Wow, looking fantastic! Excellent work

Angels of Vengeance P&M Blog

A Tale of 5 Gamers!

Blood Knights Kill Team P&M

Crusade of Vengeance - A Tale of Sacrifce and Brotherhood
www..com/dakkaforum/posts/list/545145.page

Made in kr
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM

Republic of Ireland

superb - really nice work

Made in dk
Dakka Veteran

Denmark

Really great work - all around. Great conversions, most of them makes a lot of sense both model and fluffwise. Painting is ace, really dig those mutes, dirty colors.
Especially your infiltrators makes me happy - I generally like the design of the GW minis for AdMech, however I don't think a headswap makes enough for two different unit, and I have been wondering how to make the ruststalkers and infiltrators look less alike. I have come to the comclusion, that I wanted to change the legs of the infiltrators - and I think you have just presented the perfect solution.

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Thanks guys!

The good news is : on their first outing, House Voidsoul came 8th (out of 20) which isn't too shabby at all.

What's more : the army won Best Painted!

Seeing some of the competition, I'm very happy with that.

I'll be back soon with some more stuff, as I'm trying my hand at building some sort of gaming table
and diminishing the amount of unpainted models...

@Manus : part of the reason for the look&feel of this army is the fact that my bitzbox is getting quite empty
and I've decided not to buy any more models for bitz until all the current bitz are used.

Damn, that's a tough one

Made in gb
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot

London

This is awesome, and I can't believe I didn't get to see it until now. Do you mind if I shamelessly steal some ideas as some of these are truly fantastic!

Relapse wrote:
Baron, don't forget to talk about the SEALs and Marines you habitually beat up on 2 and 3 at a time, as you PM'd me about.
nareik wrote:
Perhaps it is a lube issue, seems obvious now.

Made in dk
Dakka Veteran

Denmark

Congrats on the win - I'm sure it was deserved.

However I'm sure you have misunderstood the concept bitz box, is't NEVER to diminish in parts only an increase is the way of the Omnissiah .

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Thanks, guys.

@Manus - I had too many bits lying aroundn the missus said

Here's something big I want to show you.

I wasn't happy with how the knight turned out, so I decided to give him an overhaul.
a big one actually.

Starting with a leg...

To a shield...

To the shoulders...

And here he is in all his glory :

Yoshimoto "Theodore" Kurita
Bunraku Knight of House Voidsoul

Hope you like

Made in mt
Regular Dakkanaut

Newcastle, UK

This stuff is amazing dude.
How did you get that level of detail?

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Just diving into it with a small brush, Astro Wolf

The hardest thing is that I don't know what it will become when I put paint on an area -
I don't make a sketch or draw the lines on a piece.

Just taking the brush and doing something - very organic.

Which means it's often a big failure...

Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?

Affton, MO. USA

Well it's not a failure. That is amazing work, well done, and very characterful.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14

Made in dk
Dakka Veteran

Denmark

Amazing work - nuff said

Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot

Pittsburgh PA, USA

Wow your free hand is amazing! Just beautiful!

Angels of Vengeance P&M Blog

A Tale of 5 Gamers!

Blood Knights Kill Team P&M

Crusade of Vengeance - A Tale of Sacrifce and Brotherhood
www..com/dakkaforum/posts/list/545145.page

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Thanks, guys - much appreciated

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Hi guys!

just a quickie here !

last weekend my War Convocation had it's first tournament outing.
What a blast !

Played 2 Tau players (both with 4 Riptides and massive amounts of batttlesuits) and a Nid-player (4 Flyrants, 3 Mawlocs).
Won against both Tauplayers, lost vs the Nids.

Good to say that both Tau lost all their Riptides and most of their battle suits.
The Nidplayer was down to a lot of one-wound creatures : 1 flyrant (the rest got killed), 2 Mawlocs & 1 Tervigon (also happening to be the warlord, sitting on an objective & killing him would also have scored me Linebreaker). alas it was not to be - a failed charge from my knight(only 1") cost me dearly (the said tervigon, along with a number of potential kill points from his stomp, etc).

In the end, the Nid player went on to become 2nd in the tournament, while House Voidsoul...
scored 10th place (out of 32)...
AND BEST PAINTED !!!!

Woehoe.

Until I can take some decent pics of the finalised army, here's some pics provided by the organiser :

The army on its display base

Vs the first Tau-player. What's with the hiding in the corner, these suits always seem to do?

Nicely painted army, though

The Convocation starts its march...

Aaaargh... too many Flyrants !!!

Another beautiful army to play against, though...

Still... too many Flyrants...

Made in kr
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM

Republic of Ireland

Superb stuff! You're army looks(ed) amazing - defeintely deserved of best painted - congratts

Made in be
Cog in the Machine

Belgium

Thanks Januine.

Superkind words of the Master of Admech himself - wow.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

North Carolina

Some outstanding work in this thread. Consider me subbed.

Proud Purveyor Of The Unconventional In 40k

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

Two things I generally don't like on minis are extreme weathering, and expansive vehicle freehand... but you've mastered both, and it looks incredible! The Knight in particular is a work of art. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Made in gb
Pious Palatine

Cool. Looks like you had a blast!

EDC