Switch Theme:

Knight Models Latest: Latest releases pg 52 1/18  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fully-charged Electropriest





Eden

New tournament rules available for the DCU game.

Match level is now 60, building/terrain minimums are set, and 8 scenerios are set.

https://www.knightmodels.com/downloads/
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I quite like Reinforcements, though I think they need to be more in the +20 at Level 60 range to really provide options.
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






The 60pt thing annoys me because I'd Just settled on and purchased and not even yet assembled a nice, themed 50pt list, and there range of models doesn't really support growing that theme to 60pts. Stupid unique character Parademons. Those things are supposed to be a horde. Three indiviguals does not a horde make.

 
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

I agree, even more so when they've just released Zod as 50 pt starter.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Yeah, there's definitely a lot of oddities with the timing of the bump. The Zod starter definitely seems a bit more awkward now. On the bright side, Darkseid +3 Parademons leaves a lot more room for something other than "and that weird villain that decided to be Darkseid's lacky".
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







I'm choosing to think of it as "14 point Steppenwolf due next month."

Finding 10 points of Kryptonians for a suitable Zod addition seems awkward though, unless they do a support piece of that Doctor guy maybe?

Or maybe Supergirls aunt/uncle from season 1 of the show? But then, 10 points IS limiting and wouldn't do them justice.
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

Yeah. But then again, Clayface. Not fluffy, but great.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Fluffy is kind of an issue when you throw everything evil in the Red JL bucket. Darkseid and Zod basically exist to unite Superman and Luthor against a common foe from a fluff standpoint.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/14 18:33:44


 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






Granny Goodness and a trio of Furies would make a good Apokolips aligned four pack as well and start to give you some good variety for that faction.

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

New Court of Owls set:


I'm surprised that the Owls now have 3 4-model sets and we still don't have Lincoln March as Talon yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/20 12:38:11


Paradigm's New Blog- 24/10: Justice League, Legion of Dooml

Available for Commission Work. PM me for details. 
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

Well, we don't know what else we're getting next month (apart, probably, from Wonder Woman, and maybe Martian Manhunter). With the Penguin and Lex releases we've also had a big-fig - I wonder if that'll be Lincoln March. Also, what to me is more interesting, is that Parliament of Owls is very much a Rebirth thing. Who knows, maybe we'll get a Gray-Son

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/20 13:53:46


Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Really more of a New 52 thing than Rebirth, IMO. At least, they're one of the more instantly classic additions in the New 52.
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





WA

Fingers crossed for Martian Manhunter!

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Fingers crossed for Martian Manhunter!


I'm very curious what the cost of the big 7 will be in total and if its a nice number to play a game at. I suppose with multiple Superman options that's in a bit of flux and we may see non-movie versions of Batman/Wonder Woman, but I'm still rather curious how the whole team will turn out.
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





WA

 LunarSol wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Fingers crossed for Martian Manhunter!


I'm very curious what the cost of the big 7 will be in total and if its a nice number to play a game at. I suppose with multiple Superman options that's in a bit of flux and we may see non-movie versions of Batman/Wonder Woman, but I'm still rather curious how the whole team will turn out.


Without MM, I have it at 74pt. I am guessing he will be 12-16pt himself, so tops out around 90?

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Fingers crossed for Martian Manhunter!


I'm very curious what the cost of the big 7 will be in total and if its a nice number to play a game at. I suppose with multiple Superman options that's in a bit of flux and we may see non-movie versions of Batman/Wonder Woman, but I'm still rather curious how the whole team will turn out.


Without MM, I have it at 74pt. I am guessing he will be 12-16pt himself, so tops out around 90?


Yup. Also 75 pts with the JL team card.
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

So I had a game of DCU last night with a mate who is ex-GW, ran a comic / game store for years, loves DC and really intensely dislikes BMG. Full story over on my blog (hint) but tl;dr, we both loved it and it's going to be our go-to game for the foreseeable.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/7800/300224.page#9443253

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Nice writeup! Replied with my own thoughts on the game as well. Appreciate the review.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







The new releases have been leaked from an order form and posted on Facebook.

Knight Models DC Universe: (Accessories) WONDER WOMAN MARKERS [June PreOrder]
Knight Models DC Universe: DOCTOR FATE [June PreOrder]
Knight Models DC Universe: MARTIAN MANHUNTER [June PreOrder]
Batman Miniature Game: WONDER WOMAN ON WAR HORSE [June PreOrder]
Batman Miniature Game: AMAZONS OF THEMYSCIRA [June PreOrder]
Batman Miniature Game: THE COURT OF OWLS CREW III [June PreOrder]


Naturally, we've seen the last of those already. Interestingly, we are getting Wonder Woman in BMG...
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





WA

 Compel wrote:
The new releases have been leaked from an order form and posted on Facebook.

Knight Models DC Universe: (Accessories) WONDER WOMAN MARKERS [June PreOrder]
Knight Models DC Universe: DOCTOR FATE [June PreOrder]
Knight Models DC Universe: MARTIAN MANHUNTER [June PreOrder]

Batman Miniature Game: WONDER WOMAN ON WAR HORSE [June PreOrder]
Batman Miniature Game: AMAZONS OF THEMYSCIRA [June PreOrder]
Batman Miniature Game: THE COURT OF OWLS CREW III [June PreOrder]


Naturally, we've seen the last of those already. Interestingly, we are getting Wonder Woman in BMG...


YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Excited to see J'onn for sure. Really curious to see how Dr. Fate turns out as well.

Also curious if WW and the Amazonians will wind up being multiverse models. I haven't seen the prior solicitations to know if they've been separate before.
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

I'm 100% they'll be Multiverse. I'm more interested, though, to know what faction they'll be for BMG.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







I'd warrant that they're their own faction. Potentially a faction that doesn't allow any free agents or the like to make up for the potential insanity that involves having Wonder Woman beating up street thugs.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Potentially part of the Legends thing?
   
Made in us
Fully-charged Electropriest





Eden

Well, Court of Owls is the same.

Have their own equipment list, but can't take any other free agents.

Still, this is a bit of a surprise. And likely a one-off "faction." At least, in my mind.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 drazz wrote:
Well, Court of Owls is the same.

Have their own equipment list, but can't take any other free agents.

Still, this is a bit of a surprise. And likely a one-off "faction." At least, in my mind.


LexCorp is also similar isn't it?
   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

With equipment card in the starter, also. Though LexCorp can run any cops or crime thanks to his Absolute Power.

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







Here we go!








REALLY liking that Dr. Fate - curious as to how he'll be in game...
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut






Is it just me or does the neck on the horse look really, really long? In fact the anatomy of the whole thing looks off.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/06/23 12:05:12


 
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





WA

 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Is it just me or does the neck on the horse look really, really long? In fact the anatomy of the whole thing looks off.



...no? Looks like a rearing horse.

Also, DR FATE AND MARTIAN MANHUNTER LOOK AMAZING. So glad I waited to get my Justice League team... now I have two no-brainer must-buys to add to my purchase list.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: