Switch Theme:

Adeptus Titanicus news and rumours - Armiger Knights pre order on Friday  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Thinking of Joining a Davinite Loge





Nottingham, England

I wonder if we'll see the transfers return with the Legio book, I am desperate for some sheets.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

Transfers would be nice, but what they really need to do is catch up on more Legios instead of just re-releasing the handful they've already designed. I tell everyone my Audax aren't done because I literally have room saved on the chassis and banners for transfers.

I mean, I get it if Audax is a little niche. But I also built a small Praesagius maniple and I feel like that's a notable enough Legio to get a few damn transfers. It'd be nice to just know if they're planning on designing any new ones.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





So guys, I may or may not work for Games Workshop...but thats not important right now; just don't tell Gorgon about this...

Spoiler:
A new expansion dedicated entirely to Legio Audax and scout titans is in the works and due for release not long after Traitor Legios. It will be accompanied by the new Jackal class scout titan and an alternative, plastic weapon sprue for warhounds. To tie in with this momentous occsassion, Warhammer+ will host a new live action series called "The Ember Wolves", produced by the team behind Danger 5 and will feature Henry Cavill in a special guest appearance as both The Emperor of Mankind and Horus Lupercal.


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Don’t mock him!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/19 18:48:01


 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

It was just nice to hear slanesh mentioned. It would have been nice to see actual pics of corrupted titans, this is starting to seem more and more like custom legio 2.0 heresy edition. The people want tentacles and biomechanical horror beyond reason, give the people what they want or battle bling will do it for you


Automatically Appended Next Post:
SamusDrake wrote:
So guys, I may or may not work for Games Workshop...but thats not important right now; just don't tell Gorgon about this...

Spoiler:
A new expansion dedicated entirely to Legio Audax and scout titans is in the works and due for release not long after Traitor Legios. It will be accompanied by the new Jackal class scout titan and an alternative, plastic weapon sprue for warhounds. To tie in with this momentous occsassion, Warhammer+ will host a new live action series called "The Ember Wolves", produced by the team behind Danger 5 and will feature Henry Cavill in a special guest appearance as both The Emperor of Mankind and Horus Lupercal.




Really hoping we do see a scout titan, one day.

(what gw hears)

"It seems people really want more 80 dollar resin knight models from forge world tm*"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/19 18:55:35


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

SamusDrake wrote:
So guys, I may or may not work for Games Workshop...but thats not important right now; just don't tell Gorgon about this...

Spoiler:
A new expansion dedicated entirely to Legio Audax and scout titans is in the works and due for release not long after Traitor Legios. It will be accompanied by the new Jackal class scout titan and an alternative, plastic weapon sprue for warhounds. To tie in with this momentous occsassion, Warhammer+ will host a new live action series called "The Ember Wolves", produced by the team behind Danger 5 and will feature Henry Cavill in a special guest appearance as both The Emperor of Mankind and Horus Lupercal.



Add in replacing the statue in front of GW HQ with a life-size Legio Audax Warhound statue and it'd be acceptable. Anything short of that is less than the Ember Wolves deserve.

But in all seriousness, even Praesagius transfers would make me pretty happy. I think I saw a file to make your own on the FB group, but the official GW transfer sheets are so nice. I'm fully aware that COVID took a humongous toll on business plans, but I feel like Shadow & Iron never got everything it should have. I don't think it got any transfers IIRC, and I don't think they ever released the stratagem cards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/19 19:20:02


My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 gorgon wrote:


Add in replacing the statue in front of GW HQ with a life-size Legio Audax Warhound statue and it'd be acceptable. Anything short of that is less than the Ember Wolves deserve.


I clearly underestimated you!

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

SamusDrake wrote:
 gorgon wrote:


Add in replacing the statue in front of GW HQ with a life-size Legio Audax Warhound statue and it'd be acceptable. Anything short of that is less than the Ember Wolves deserve.


I clearly underestimated you!


Why replace the statue when a life-sized warhound could just stand on it ?

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Theophony wrote:


Why replace the statue when a life-sized warhound could just stand on it ?


Dude...that's deep. You must be a guru.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

It would be one hell of a scenic base!
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

So are we taking bets yet if gw/fw updated the terminals for the acastus or will it be a paper only version with just the asterius's rules updated to have volkite with no change to the porphyrion's terminals that they still sell in boxes of 5?



Has anyone confirmed if it's 100% resin?


Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/20 20:03:53


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Hello once again. I may or may not work for Forgeworld...

Spoiler:
The Asterius will be super-resin cast and retail for £80 each. The rules have indeed been greatly improved following player feedback; the Asterius is now 130 points and its conversion beams beefed up to 12 strength and 8 dice. The banner size is now 6-12 knights and can take coordinated strike even as a support choice. To celebrate the release of Metroid Dread on the Nintendo Switch, the Asterius' conversion beam gains the wave-beam trait and can now shoot through terrain and hit multiple titans.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/20 20:18:13


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Stop giving them ideas

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch




 gorgon wrote:

Add in replacing the statue in front of GW HQ with a life-size Legio Audax Warhound statue and it'd be acceptable. Anything short of that is less than the Ember Wolves deserve.


Word is that was the original plan. But zoning rules...
   
Made in us
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot




Oakland, CA

All kidding aside, it would name sense for the next Titan to be a Scout Class. I was hoping that it would come with the Traitor Legios, but it seems a bit late for that now.

Perhaps with the next book...
   
Made in au
Novice Knight Errant Pilot





Ipswich, Australia

 schoon wrote:
All kidding aside, it would name sense for the next Titan to be a Scout Class. I was hoping that it would come with the Traitor Legios, but it seems a bit late for that now.

Perhaps with the next book...


The Rapier does seem to be mentioned quite consistently, doesn't it?

Would love to see even just some artwork of it at this stage...

"All GW will gain is my increased contempt for their business practices." - AesSedai
"Its terrible the way that conversion kit is causing him to buy 2 GW kits... " - Mad4Minis
"GW are hard to parody, as they are sometimes so stupid that the best in comedy couldn't beat them at their own game..." - Paradigm


 
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

By the way, do we have a list of Knight and Titan classes that are mentioned in the background but don't have models yet? I feel that Lexicanum has a bunch of them, but I think there are more of them (including Knights).

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 Malika2 wrote:
By the way, do we have a list of Knight and Titan classes that are mentioned in the background but don't have models yet? I feel that Lexicanum has a bunch of them, but I think there are more of them (including Knights).


Off the top of my head:

- Apocalypse class
- Punisher class
- Rapier class
- Legatus class
- Vulcan class
- Atlas class

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/21 08:27:17


 
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

The Legatus, Vulcan, and Atlas sound new to me. :O

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 Malika2 wrote:
The Legatus, Vulcan, and Atlas sound new to me. :O


Were supposed to feature in the ancient Codex Titanicus II. Here's the details:

https://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?13356-Titan-Legions-So-what-do-you-know&p=365373&viewfull=1#post365373

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/21 08:34:38


 
   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut






Also Nightgaunts, Carnivores, Warriors, other Nemesis variants.

#ConvertEverything blog with loyalist Death Guard in true and Epic scales. Also Titans and killer robots! C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 zedmeister wrote:
 Malika2 wrote:
By the way, do we have a list of Knight and Titan classes that are mentioned in the background but don't have models yet? I feel that Lexicanum has a bunch of them, but I think there are more of them (including Knights).


Off the top of my head:

- Apocalypse class
- Punisher class
- Rapier class
- Legatus class
- Vulcan class
- Atlas class


Carnivore and Komodo have had several mentions in the FW black books as well.
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

Another interesting tidbit in the more recent Titanicus books is that the Jackal is mentioned as a class rather than a pattern. So it's not sure whether it's a variant of the Warhound or has actually been retconned into something else.

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Malika2 wrote:
Another interesting tidbit in the more recent Titanicus books is that the Jackal is mentioned as a class rather than a pattern. So it's not sure whether it's a variant of the Warhound or has actually been retconned into something else.


Well, the Nemesis has been mentioned as both a Warlord class and a titan larger than a warlord before becoming a modifier to the upgunned Warbringer, which we have no idea what the normal version looks like.

Given that titans are not STC designs, it could be a mix of different forge worlds using different names, or many of the designs could start out as modifications to existing titan frames before evolving into a new titan entirely.
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

And also note that the Nemesis is a variant of the Warbringer!

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

 Padre wrote:
 schoon wrote:
All kidding aside, it would name sense for the next Titan to be a Scout Class. I was hoping that it would come with the Traitor Legios, but it seems a bit late for that now.

Perhaps with the next book...


The Rapier does seem to be mentioned quite consistently, doesn't it?

Would love to see even just some artwork of it at this stage...


Would REALLY be nice to have another Titan option for us Audax players. But I'm content to wait if the result is a really kick-butt design.

I'm guessing we get the Rapier or the unnamed 'tweener Titan in Q1 next year. Seems like AT gets important releases around that time.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in nl
Did Fulgrim Just Behead Ferrus?





The Netherlands

What tweener Titan are you mentioning here?

Bits Blitz Designs - 3D printing a dark futuristic universe 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

The Reaver-Warhound 'tweener. Their stated plan was for chassis in between/on either side of the main three types. And so far we've gotten two of the four.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Pre orders up: £40 for one

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/AT-Mechanicum-Acastus-Knights-Asterius-2020

URL has 2020 in its title, so this has been pending for a while.

Also:


Comes with a cardboard command terminal þat contains all þe rules for using your Acastus Knight Asterius in your games

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/10/22 09:10:02


 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Easy pass at that price.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: