Switch Theme:

Robotech® RPG Tactics™-License lost, the end is near!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

Really, really nice! Good job!

   
Made in ca
Grizzled MkII Monster Veteran




Toronto, Ontario

 n815e wrote:
Wah wah wee wah


Is... is that the parent's speaking from the Peanuts cartoons?
   
Made in ca
Ancient Venerable Black Templar Dreadnought





Canada

Stormonu wrote:Hah, hah - nice! Well, PB had their chance, these look pretty decent. I'm guessing they're 3D printed?
Any chance of a shot of the back of these guys?
I will get some pictures up when I get home shortly.
Some assembly required: 8 pieces not including the head or base.
A tiny bit less than a VT.
Forar wrote:Wow, those are great.
I cannot fathom how many pieces Super VT's would be, if made in the same style as the standard ones we got, but as with many people I always loved that design, and the notion of having a flight or two of them captured my imagination during the campaign.
So young, so naive...
Anyway, keep up the great work, Talizvar.
I have some "add-on" bits for the Super-VT... I am a little afraid.
Not using the original base model is looking a little more sane... I will try one and see if my sanity survives.
Using porous material adds to the fun.

I felt I was not really contributing to the group in a nice way so working on these may help you guys push through the pain and get what you want out of this train wreck by dusting off some models.
In a selfish way, it gives me concrete results that should fuel getting more done.

I did a binge session of playing Pillars of Eternity for a few weeks so I need to stay away from the computer a while and DM'ed 5th edition for the first time and nearly melted my brain.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Okay,
Other side here (it appears background got better focus than foreground):

Then I got a bit of this stuff to do:

Note: Super-VT stuff on the left... it be very wee.
Female power armor was a bit... challenging.
Not fit for view until I pin the living heck out of it and possibly green stuff depending on how good a join I do.
Fingers did not survive well, I will have to do some creative brass rod bending and TINY drilling.

Note, only model assembly and the anticipated paint are my skills, everything else is from the hard work of others.
What is that phrase? "Standing on the shoulders of giants?" or is that a Zentradi?

I do want to go back to the "Wave 1" stuff and get some more things together.
I need a couple more Pod squads: it would not do for the guys to get outnumbered but those Gnerl will be a scary equalizer.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2018/02/21 05:23:42


A revolution is an idea which has found its bayonets.
Napoleon Bonaparte 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]






Svalarheima, MA

What's this?

https://nerdist.com/robotech-brian-wood-new-series-interview/

Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut








Looks like an article for the release of the trade paperback version (the bigger multiple issue compilations you find in places like Barnes and Noble) of the newest incarnation of Robotech comics. From both the article and the few things I've read elsewhere, it's apparently a sort of semi-faithful reboot.

   
Made in es
Skilled SDF-1 Pin-Point Barrier Jockey








A comic series that's been released not long ago. I hear it's not horrible.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]






Svalarheima, MA

So you're saying that...things are boiling?

Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 Alpharius wrote:
So you're saying that...things are boiling?


Yup, just like water boils at room temperature in a vacuum, Robotech can apparently boil in the absence of any visible progress according to Palladium a year or two ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/21 15:45:28


   
Made in us
Inexperienced VF-1A Valkyrie Brownie






 Forar wrote:
 n815e wrote:
Wah wah wee wah


Is... is that the parent's speaking from the Peanuts cartoons?


LOL.
It's actually an excited Borat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwVgIoMjTI
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





The new comic is garbage and if by faithful reboot you mean some bizarre time warp where the present crew come back from the future at some point and get discovered dead by others who then interact with the present crew that haven't died yet as they haven't gone far enough into the future to return from it.

Writing is bad.
Art is bad (aover and interior).
Avoid it unless you are a masochist.
   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

 Talizvar wrote:

Then I got a bit of this stuff to do:



Better PM John Hwang DD where you got that Monster, Talizvar. I think that is the model he wanted the most from Wave 2.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/21 22:04:27


Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 jaymz wrote:
The new comic is garbage and if by faithful reboot you mean some bizarre time warp where the present crew come back from the future at some point and get discovered dead by others who then interact with the present crew that haven't died yet as they haven't gone far enough into the future to return from it.

Writing is bad.
Art is bad (aover and interior).
Avoid it unless you are a masochist.


I haven't read it but was referring to just the look superficially that seems free of the race and gender swaps that are typically done nowadays for shock value and to increase "diversity".

   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Riverside, CA USA

I read the first issue and can confirm: writing is bad, art is bad. Thankfully I was not the one that bought the issue, I would have been upset if I had paid money for it

~Kalamadea (aka ember)
My image gallery 
   
Made in us
Innocent SDF-1 Bridge Bunny






Omg this update. Palladium Books is warning us of malicious links on the campaign page.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/21 22:46:03


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






 Swabby wrote:
Omg this update. Palladiuk Books is warning us of malicious links on the campaign page.


The whole campaign page is a malicious link! ... ba dum dum tisk...... I hope someone kept the original info that was linked there (maybe the original rules release?). The images and video were hosted on kickstarter iirc. I won't risk my own computer by trying to click it though to see if it is legit. The cynic in me is wondering if this is a rehalf assed redux of Prodos' AVP "ip dispute" that took down that campaign page.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

 Easy E wrote:
Better PM John Hwang DD where you got that Monster, Talizvar. I think that is the model he wanted the most from Wave 2.


Is it all 3-D print?

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






What happened to update 153?

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Jacksonville, FL.

 warboss wrote:
What happened to update 153?


Missing apparently... makes you wonder, don't it?

Shiny! 
   
Made in us
Expendable Defender Destroid Rookie





 warboss wrote:
 Swabby wrote:
Omg this update. Palladiuk Books is warning us of malicious links on the campaign page.


The whole campaign page is a malicious link! ... ba dum dum tisk...... I hope someone kept the original info that was linked there (maybe the original rules release?). The images and video were hosted on kickstarter iirc. I won't risk my own computer by trying to click it though to see if it is legit. The cynic in me is wondering if this is a rehalf assed redux of Prodos' AVP "ip dispute" that took down that campaign page.


As far as I can remember, it was the graphic with the contents to the main pledge. I saved a copy years ago just in case that link ever went away (since it wasnt on the KS servers). I'll try and attach it.

[Thumb - IMG_0126.JPG]
RRT pledge contents

   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




 Seawolf wrote:
 warboss wrote:
What happened to update 153?


Missing apparently... makes you wonder, don't it?

Not really. No conspiracy here. It didn't stay up long enough that it got the Kickstarter EMail sent out, let alone it being a recent deletion.

I'm pretty garbage about deleting emails (it's not for any reason beyond laziness), and I've got all the KSU's going back to #49, and #153 was never received. And as #154 was the first Gencon for RRT (that they literally missed the container on), it's well before they started hunkering down on stuff.

So... I think we can just chalk that up to a glitch, and not something more devious.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Ctaylor wrote:
 warboss wrote:
 Swabby wrote:
Omg this update. Palladiuk Books is warning us of malicious links on the campaign page.


The whole campaign page is a malicious link! ... ba dum dum tisk...... I hope someone kept the original info that was linked there (maybe the original rules release?). The images and video were hosted on kickstarter iirc. I won't risk my own computer by trying to click it though to see if it is legit. The cynic in me is wondering if this is a rehalf assed redux of Prodos' AVP "ip dispute" that took down that campaign page.


As far as I can remember, it was the graphic with the contents to the main pledge. I saved a copy years ago just in case that link ever went away (since it wasnt on the KS servers). I'll try and attach it.

I know the rules link, and the original ForceOrgs have also been broken for several years. Cause I wanted to find something back before Mike had finished his (or possibly as a comparison to Mike's?) and they were broken then.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/22 03:55:25


 
   
Made in us
Grizzled MkII Monster Veteran





Mississippi

Main campaign page seems to be intact (if I can trust my Avast software), but I'm guessing any links to things such as contacts go to malicious sites.

Does anyone know who posted the update? Was it Wayne? I guess Scott must have fled the dumpster fire...

It never ends well 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




 Stormonu wrote:
Main campaign page seems to be intact (if I can trust my Avast software), but I'm guessing any links to things such as contacts go to malicious sites.

Does anyone know who posted the update? Was it Wayne? I guess Scott must have fled the dumpster fire...

As of a week ago, some anonymous PB flunky said he was still employed and working on the Bestiaries and the Open House (and responding to a commentor, RRT), as of approx 11 days ago, Don't know who posted it, but unless he's talking in the third person (and I wouldn't rule out a narcissistic personality disorder), it's not Scott.

Just like the most recent "Virus Update", PB seem to have taken to posting anonymously, so they can avoid personal responsibility and the harsher criticisms.

So, they're fully aware they've missed multiple windows for providing information, and that the schedule for RRT Updates has gone to hell. They just don't care, and seem prepared to weather the storm.

I mean, that the latest KSU doesn't have a timeline for a revised Update on the Kickstarter itself, indicates that there don't appear to be any plans to do so in the near future. Nor does it apologize for or explain the 6 week (and counting) delay.

So we're back to months of silence, an apology for it being late, a promise to do better, and then back to silence again, that we had from early 2015 through mid 2017.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Philadelphia

Hi,

I just found this thread in order to discover what happened to my participation in this « project ».
I forgot about that project until recently when I found a sprue of Valkyrie in a box.
I contacted PB asking for a refund, they refused.
I asked again, no answer yet.
I filed a FTC complain.
If PB doesn’t answer to my request, then i’ll go to next step with a FBI fraud claim, a phone call to the local police enforcement and a phone call to the local media.
I’ve read the FTC vs CHEVALIER decision, if the FTC acted for 112000$ failed KS, I’m wondering what they will do on 1,4M$ one.

It is sad that this failed so monumentally. It could have been a great product....

Needed to vent
Cheers

J
   
Made in us
Grizzled MkII Monster Veteran





Mississippi

Good luck Jul - hope you have more luck than we've had.

It's been thoroughly frustrating that we haven't been able to prod PB into action, KS doesn't care since they got their cut, the BBB is a joke and the government agencies (AG, FTC, etc.) just don't give a damn about a few people being out of their "toys".

It never ends well 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Philadelphia

I’m not expecting to get my investment back.
I’m still wondering if I want this project to be completed or not.
I have that small hint of hope that if enough pressure is applied, things bend or break.
It’s a collective effort ultimately. The lawsuit is a long stretch as most likely any gain would be from whatever PB assets still have and they’ll most likely not cover or barely all the legal fees
The FTC route might be a more viable option as there is a precedent.
Also this case is not about me losing a few hundreds bucks, it’s more about a PB misappropriation of 1,4 millions is what has all the appearance of a fraud.
My educated guess is that their inexperience in managing such a large project led to its failure. ND most likely provided them with a game ready to go and then PB screwed up by underestimating the cost of production and logistics. They probably wasted the Wave 2 budget on the shipping of Wave 1.
I’ve seen the claims of suits being rented by PB at conventions. While it’s a stupid business decision, it’s a long shot to prove the misappropriation of the KS funds.
One point we have to remember is that PB is nothing more than a mom&pop business run from a glorified garage that got overwhelmed by the Robotech project. They don’t have the knowledge nor the capacity to fulfill their KS commitments, the reason why ND was brought in the first place....
Now they are stuck with a lack of liquidity in order to move the project forward. We’ll soon get a flash sale from PB announced for some random digital books to cover their most basic expenditures.
I think it would be easier to buy PB than to sue them, at least it would be cheaper....

J.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

@jul - PB gambled away the Wave 2 budget on additional Wave 1 production for retail profits. They figured that they could basically triple up on profit by producing a massive amount of Wave 1 product at nearly zero cost for full retail prices. That's why they have a warehouse full of Wave 1 core boxes and no budget for Wave 2.

PB took backer monies for Wave 2 and converted them into Wave 1, rather than safeguarding them for the production of Wave 2.

This, after PB taking RRT monies and spending them on the overdue RIFTS NG books. That's outright fraud there, but explains why PB gambled away the Wave 2 funds.

   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Philadelphia

 JohnHwangDD wrote:
@jul - PB gambled away the Wave 2 budget on additional Wave 1 production for retail profits. They figured that they could basically triple up on profit by producing a massive amount of Wave 1 product at nearly zero cost for full retail prices. That's why they have a warehouse full of Wave 1 core boxes and no budget for Wave 2.

PB took backer monies for Wave 2 and converted them into Wave 1, rather than safeguarding them for the production of Wave 2.

This, after PB taking RRT monies and spending them on the overdue RIFTS NG books. That's outright fraud there, but explains why PB gambled away the Wave 2 funds.


are there any proofs of that?

they never really supported the product after the launch, so expecting sales high enough to cover for the production of wave 2 was childish as best....

using the money for other products is blatant fraud, they were expecting making high sales there as well?

anyway, anyone contacted the Michigan AG on that matters?

j.



   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]






Svalarheima, MA

There's no proof - yet.

There's...circumstantial evidence.

But there's almost no other real plausible explanation here.

Nil nos tremefacit.
 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Philadelphia

 Alpharius wrote:
There's no proof - yet.

There's...circumstantial evidence.

But there's almost no other real plausible explanation here.


that's so sad in a certain way... if only they would have use the funds to improve their life style or showing up to cons with a life size valkyrie replica or stuff like that...
instead they show up with nothing.....

I've got the emails of the 2 counsels that worked on the Erik Chevalier case, I'll contact them to see if they know the FTC contact that works the case and if we can contact them.
my police contact told me that the local authorities would not have any power and can only transmit the info to the FBI. I'm still going to draft an email to Westland PD with my case number from the FTC, at least there's a trace and if enough people do it, that might increase the chance of something happening.

in my past experience with internet and mail frauds, what counts is the number of people contacting the authorities and the repetition of it, in a polite manner.

I'm evaluating the idea of getting the media involved. some of those networks love stories like this and can be an asset at some point. Both Palladium Books and especially Harmony Gold have a decent legal background.

J.

PS: I'm still disappointed that I'll never get the Monster model...
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






SoCal, USA!

 jul wrote:
 JohnHwangDD wrote:
@jul - PB gambled away the Wave 2 budget on additional Wave 1 production for retail profits. They figured that they could basically triple up on profit by producing a massive amount of Wave 1 product at nearly zero cost for full retail prices. That's why they have a warehouse full of Wave 1 core boxes and no budget for Wave 2.

PB took backer monies for Wave 2 and converted them into Wave 1, rather than safeguarding them for the production of Wave 2.

This, after PB taking RRT monies and spending them on the overdue RIFTS NG books. That's outright fraud there, but explains why PB gambled away the Wave 2 funds.


are there any proofs of that?

they never really supported the product after the launch, so expecting sales high enough to cover for the production of wave 2 was childish as best....

using the money for other products is blatant fraud, they were expecting making high sales there as well?

anyway, anyone contacted the Michigan AG on that matters?

j.


I'm absolutely sure that proof exists at PB, but we'll never see it without a court ordered subpoena. Even then, I'd expect PB to declare bankruptcy and destroy the evidence, rather than comply.

   
 
Forum Index » Misc. Sci-Fi Miniature Games
Go to: