Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar 3.0 News & Rumors (Kruleboyz + AoS Terrain Pre-order Sep 18. App Beta)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






yukishiro1 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:


By all means we should criticize bad decisions, but let's also not forget that this situation is still way, waaaaaaaay better than late-stage Kirby era. Simply boiling things down to 'GW hasn't changed' is to say 'late stage Kirby policies were not any worse than what we have now' and I seriously doubt that is a viewpoint anyone is actually trying to express.


Is this really true any more, though? I mean clearly GW went through a period where it was more customer-friendly. But can we still say this is the case now, in September 2021? They've discontinued digital rules. They've discontinued free warscrolls. They discontinued the working AOS app and haven't replaced it with anything, and the 40k version is a mess. They've started a new round of IP enforcement by cracking down on animations in order to bring them in house and charge people money for what used to be free - not as widespread an IP crackdown as some feared (yet), but a new round nonetheless. They've been releasing embarrassingly broken products that need FAQs to FAQs to FAQs that keep messing stuff up over and over again. Start Collecting sets (at least in 40k) are being phased out in favor of more expensive starter sets with lower % discounts.

In what way is this company friendlier now than it was under Kirby? Genuine question, maybe I'm forgetting some stuff. But it feels like GW in September 2021 is very like GW under Kirby. I guess maybe the one thing you could say is they fix their errors faster than they used to, sometimes - see the FAQ to the FAQ to the FAQ.
I think we need to remember that Age of Sigmar launched with no balance mechanism whatsoever. The end-state Kirby era was so bad that having points is an improvement.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Dudeface wrote:
Spoiler:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
*record scratch*

Wait a second. What does that say?

Games Workshop wrote:Raise your own Dawnbringer Crusade settlements or raze them to the ground with these four boxes, including two Domicile Shells, a Guardian Idol, and a Nexus Syphon.
Four boxes? Four? Each of these items are a single sprue.

They're really going to justify releasing each of these as a separate release:


That'd be like releasing both of these ruined corners, these pipes, and this fuel tank all as separate boxes.


Likewise when they announced the core terrain expansion people were annoyed they couldn't buy these individually, so someone complains either way.
Yeah, I can reasonably see people wanting individual items out of those. The price point is what will probably kill it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/13 07:50:19


Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Spoiler:
yukishiro1 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:


By all means we should criticize bad decisions, but let's also not forget that this situation is still way, waaaaaaaay better than late-stage Kirby era. Simply boiling things down to 'GW hasn't changed' is to say 'late stage Kirby policies were not any worse than what we have now' and I seriously doubt that is a viewpoint anyone is actually trying to express.


Is this really true any more, though? I mean clearly GW went through a period where it was more customer-friendly. But can we still say this is the case now, in September 2021? They've discontinued digital rules. They've discontinued free warscrolls. They discontinued the working AOS app and haven't replaced it with anything, and the 40k version is a mess. They've started a new round of IP enforcement by cracking down on animations in order to bring them in house and charge people money for what used to be free - not as widespread an IP crackdown as some feared (yet), but a new round nonetheless. They've been releasing embarrassingly broken products that need FAQs to FAQs to FAQs that keep messing stuff up over and over again. Start Collecting sets (at least in 40k) are being phased out in favor of more expensive starter sets with lower % discounts.

In what way is this company friendlier now than it was under Kirby? Genuine question, maybe I'm forgetting some stuff. But it feels like GW in September 2021 is very like GW under Kirby. I guess maybe the one thing you could say is they fix their errors faster than they used to, sometimes - see the FAQ to the FAQ to the FAQ.
I think we need to remember that Age of Sigmar launched with no balance mechanism whatsoever. The end-state Kirby era was so bad that having points is an improvement.


Not true. There was a sudden death mechanic so my three Nagashs stand a chance against your five Night Goblins.

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
Spoiler:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
*record scratch*

Wait a second. What does that say?

Games Workshop wrote:Raise your own Dawnbringer Crusade settlements or raze them to the ground with these four boxes, including two Domicile Shells, a Guardian Idol, and a Nexus Syphon.
Four boxes? Four? Each of these items are a single sprue.

They're really going to justify releasing each of these as a separate release:


That'd be like releasing both of these ruined corners, these pipes, and this fuel tank all as separate boxes.


Likewise when they announced the core terrain expansion people were annoyed they couldn't buy these individually, so someone complains either way.
Yeah, I can reasonably see people wanting individual items out of those. The price point is what will probably kill it.


Indeed, this is how it likely goes. GW terrain is expensive and best bought as bundles. Those usually tend to be good and you get a decent amount of stuff (last round of Kill Team boxes notwithstanding), but you pay big bucks for them. This announcement suggests you'll be buying individual kits at individually smaller, but unduly inflated cost and if you commit to a larger number of terrain pieces you end up paying more than you would with an equivalent bundle box. Neither approach is ideal, but I'd rather take the former as it at least provides a discount under some circumstances.

The only reason to consider individual boxes better is if you want a very specific terrain piece, and only that one, and nothing more. I feel like that's a very specific need and not something you will see very often. Good for those people, but a turn for the worse for those that have large terrain projects in mind or would like to fill a game board.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Price list

Marshcrawla Sloggoth £31.50 €40 $50
Swampboss Scumdrekk/ Snatchaboss £34.50 €42.50 $55
Gobsprakk/ Killaboss on Corpse-rippa Vulcha £89 €110 $140
Gutrippaz £31.50 €40 $50
Nexus Syphon £30 €40 $50

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/13 19:10:34


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Why the hell is Gobsprakk so expensive?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Why the hell is Gobsprakk so expensive?


Why is the Keeper of Secrets 110€ and why was the puny Bloodthirster's price raised to that level? They're the big centerpiece models for the faction, and so is our vulture riding boy here. That's for the most part the price level GW assigns to centerpiece faction leaders at the moment.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Why the hell is Gobsprakk so expensive?


Its probably about the size of a 40K Knight.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Why the hell is Gobsprakk so expensive?


It's a 160mm based, mounted named hero, directly equivalent to Alarielle for example, it was never going to cost anything less.

The other two monsters are actually less than what I expected, so I'm pretty cool with this wave. I figured the Snatchaboss would be in the Mangler Squigs price bracket.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh but they can get stuffed with that terrain pricing. I wanted the Nexus Syphon but it's more than half the cost of the whole combo set. Balls to that.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/09/13 12:01:03


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut






Delete

Wrong thread

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/13 15:11:20


lost and damned log
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/519978.page#6525039 
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Oh but they can get stuffed with that terrain pricing. I wanted the Nexus Syphon but it's more than half the cost of the whole combo set. Balls to that.


Yeah, this pricing seems to be very high unless they are adding some an additional scatter terrain sprue to that box (in which case price would still be high, just not quite so bad).

I had held off on the new terrain as got burnt last time around by buying the Indomitus terrain launch kit only for them to release a 2nd kit with both mats and an extra exclusive terrain piece. Thought they would do the same this time around and instead they have jumped straight to the over priced individual kits.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Aeneades wrote:

I had held off on the new terrain as got burnt last time around by buying the Indomitus terrain launch kit only for them to release a 2nd kit with both mats and an extra exclusive terrain piece.


Same!

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz

Gen Con has no AoS content. I mean, yeas, Underworlds and Warcry is coming, but nothing for the main AoS branch, or should I say the trunk.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Yeah but that doesn't always mean much these days. Heck before Corona shut down things, GW would often have a big event with nothing for one main game only to attend another event the next week or two that was focused on the other game.


A Blog in Miniature

The Swarm Arises

Do you ever notice, sometimes, there's an extra post? 
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Professional




Nottingham, England

Gutrippaz at £31.50 is eye watering …. Glad I loaded up on Dominion versions ! I thought £40 for 20 would be more realistic.

   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 CMLR wrote:
Gen Con has no AoS content. I mean, yeas, Underworlds and Warcry is coming, but nothing for the main AoS branch, or should I say the trunk.


AoS is literally getting a brand new faction this week, new previews would steal their spotlight (sales). You can bet that after we've all picked up our Krule Boys preorders we'll find out about the next big thing in short order.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/13 17:49:26


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz

 TwilightSparkles wrote:
Gutrippaz at £31.50 is eye watering …. Glad I loaded up on Dominion versions ! I thought £40 for 20 would be more realistic.



Consider that they lack musicians and standard bearers, and 1" weapons options, and aparently the leader is suppoused to carry two weapons instead of a weapon and shield.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 TwilightSparkles wrote:
Gutrippaz at £31.50 is eye watering …. Glad I loaded up on Dominion versions ! I thought £40 for 20 would be more realistic.

They're a different kit than those in Dominion and starter sets with a number of options:

... this multipart kit gives you loads of variety. The heads and arms are interchangeable across all the bodies, they’ve got a selection of weapons, and there are enough bits to build a Boss, a Banner Bearer, and your choice of two different musicians.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Fortunately bigger units will want spears anyways, making starter kit boyz perfect for bulking out large units.

At any rate, I see those prices as pretty reasonable bar grumpy chicken who has the traditional centerpiece upcharge. I would still put it as a triple-digit model (in $) but not that high. But a lot more reasonably priced options this release than not, so I'm happy with this as a positive. Come to think of it SGL new releases are pretty reasonable in price too.

Dat terrain though, heh. Terrain is far more vulnerable to people opting for 3d printed options and prices like that will only widen that vulnerability.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 CMLR wrote:
Gen Con has no AoS content. I mean, yeas, Underworlds and Warcry is coming, but nothing for the main AoS branch, or should I say the trunk.


AoS is literally getting a brand new faction this week, new previews would steal their spotlight (sales). You can bet that after we've all picked up our Krule Boys preorders we'll find out about the next big thing in short order.


They literally aren't, they wouldn't because they already do preview whenever they want, and tehre sure are chances to get see the promised Chaos Battletome preview next, but no one outside them knows for sure.
   
Made in ca
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer





British Columbia

What base size do the new character Dragons go on? I'm having a hard time judging from shots I've seen.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought




 Eldarain wrote:
What base size do the new character Dragons go on? I'm having a hard time judging from shots I've seen.


If it's not 160 rounds I'll be amazed
   
Made in ca
Enigmatic Chaos Sorcerer





British Columbia

That's what I'm hoping so I can use my Goodwin Teclis/Dragon conversion but I've seen people thinking the 130mm.

 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Gobsprakk sprue pictures from Warcom, 2 sprues just like the same priced Belakor:


Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Central Cimmeria

I really like the Kruleboyz aesthetics, and love the vulture guy, but I don't "whole new army" cost love him.

I'll probably just get the snatchaboss as the army centerpiece.
   
Made in us
Skink Chief with Poisoned Javelins




Xalapa, Veracruz

 Gallahad wrote:
I really like the Kruleboyz aesthetics, and love the vulture guy, but I don't "whole new army" cost love him.

I'll probably just get the snatchaboss as the army centerpiece.


Wait for the Battleforce and/or Start Collecting!
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Preordered 2 sloggoths and 1 of each other beast. No interest in playing Krule Boys in AoS, but they're great sculpts and will go nicely in my KoW armies. The sloggoth especially is a fantastic piece for any evil army's warbeast with a howdah.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





App out.

At least warhammer+ subscribers sees old books rules as default. As it doesn't give you access without logging in with warhammer account no idea how it looks if you don't have subscription(ie do you see at least warscrolls still for free)

edit: Haa. Got idea to check stormcast. New units are there, full warscroll. Faction specific thing locked. So in that way better than 40k app.

edit2: Seems old book faction rules are visible period. Doesn't even have to be subscriber. Unexpected.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/15 11:10:03


2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in at
Discriminating Warrior





Austria

it was written on WarCom that all the features of the App are free during the Beta-Phase

Harry, bring this ring to Narnia or the Sith will take the Enterprise

M41 - Alternative Rules for Battles in the 41st Millennium (40k LRB Project) 
   
Made in us
Prescient Cryptek of Eternity






 kodos wrote:
it was written on WarCom that all the features of the App are free during the Beta-Phase


I was about to say it’s neat that I could use the army builder as well without one. I wonder where the line between what’s normally available and what isn’t is then.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Just downloaded it and had a quick look. Seems really nice from just a quick look so far.
   
Made in ca
Excited Doom Diver






Works pretty well from my quick look. There will be errors at launch, but a huge improvement over the 40k app, and better than the launch of the aos app for aos 2nd edition.

For my armies, the only error I've found so far is that one purple sun is too many purple sun lol.

Space Wolves 4k
Harlequins 2k
Chaos Knights 2k
Spiderfangs 2k
Ossiarch Bonereapers 1k 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: