Switch Theme:

GW Adeptus Titanicus news and rumours - FAQ and Siege of Kado scenarios  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Yeah, if we’re lucky, they are just rebranding everything with “the Horus Heresy” logos in the same vein as the new 28mm boxed set(s).

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




It's probably repackaging, it could be some boxes are less efficient than others, like in theory could potentially hold another sprue or something. Freight isn't just weight but dimensions so with costs going up across the board they may make a hybrid kit or simply re-box it in a way that makes more sense.

Unlikely. GW's terrain kits tend to just go out of print.

Out of all the kits, they're the most likely to be made overseas, and tend to be abandoned when whatever contract or agreement is up. It has happened way too many times to simply expect a repackaging.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/15 16:40:09


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





AT terrain has been unavailable for ages, some of it hasn't been available since 2021.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






Terrain kits go out of print as they get replaced by newer terrain and stop selling in significant numbers, especially with 40k / AOS. We've also often seen older sprues get re-used as bundle deal boxes and kill team sets despite no longer being on sale individually.

Whenever the AT refresh / relaunch comes I expect a lot of existing kits get reboxed and distributed in other ways. We may well see things like Warlords & Reavers sold like the recently updated 40k Knights with both weapon sprues, terminal, and weapon cards. Terrain could show up in a combined set at the £60-100 price range rather than the current separate boxes

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/15 17:02:27


 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

While it's possible it will remain out of print, the civitas kit really isn't that many sprues. I agree that the longer it remains out of print the likelihood of it coming back gets worse.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
JWBS wrote:
AT terrain has been unavailable for ages, some of it hasn't been available since 2021.


True but the dire wolf also took like a quarter year from preview to release and its on the only new AT release this year so who knows.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Harpyrax siege drones, alternative models for acastus porphyrions and asterius. Basically 2 on flying stands on a 60mm base is the idea.

https://grimdarkterrain.com/product/may-2022-stl-package-copy/


Spoiler:


Fluff and command terminals for them:

Spoiler:


Harpyrax Siege Drone

Ponderous as they are armoured, the harpyrax siege drones comprise a strange combination of incredibly sophisticated tracking systems, heavy long range weaponry and sluggish but powerful gravitic thrusters and grav plates often reserved for small starships. Though able to re-position in a fairly rapid manner if required to do so, harpyrax siege drones more often move at a fairly limited combat speed as a large part of their power reserves are slaved into their weapon's capacitors. Entire banks of servitors installed deep within the ceramite hulls of the haryprax are dedicated to the sole task of careful power distribution and the re-routing of power to various critical sub systems.

Harpyrax are fitted with extensive and intricate high yield data augers that allow them to track data packets and sniff scrap code, this targeting data is uplinked noospherically to friendly harpyrax in proximity allowing for highly co-ordinated fire support. In addition to being incredibly well armoured and ion shielded for automata of their size, harpyrax siege drones were designed to take the heaviest punishment a warzone could throw at them and as such also deploy all manner of passive and active counter measures. A common tactic when outnumbered is to launch parachuting electro-flares to disrupt enemy target acquisition and cause false returns on enemy auspex sweeps allowing the harpyrax to extricate themselves under cover of false auspex hits. A substantial portion of the harpyrax's logic engines are dedicated to esoteric electronic warfare and command and control sub routines allowing for one drone in a banner to operate as a pack leader or alpha directing relaying target priory to its subordinates. The alpha itself may also be brought under remote guidance by magos or techpriest overseers.








This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2022/05/15 17:36:27


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in ca
Deadshot Weapon Moderati




Isn't there a thread for "3rd party" miniatures?
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

Nomeny wrote:
Isn't there a thread for "3rd party" miniatures?


Feel free to start one.

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Bounding Assault Marine





 xttz wrote:
 cole1114 wrote:
 ph34r wrote:
I strongly suspect GW plans to make a plastic Imperator class titan eventually and would not abandon the game before that happens, even if they are having annoying patches of little to no releases.


A plastic imperator would be what, almost forgeworld warhound size?


It's hard to say because the old Epic was all over the place in terms of scale, thanks to practical limitations on model production at the time. I don't think any modern lore has confirmed the precise height of Imperators like it has for all the existing models.

There has been some modern artwork with Imperator titans, but these have an odd perspective making it hard to compare with other titans (see spoiler tags)

A Warmaster with a bunch of towers on top is probably fairly close, but there's nothing to stop GW going bigger than that.

Spoiler:



At the very least, warcom said this is a 40k scale Imperator.

   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

I don't know why it bugs me but where's the feet!?

Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Nomeny wrote:
Isn't there a thread for "3rd party" miniatures?

Aye, it is over here

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






Neutron Dire Wolf is already out of stock
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 xttz wrote:
Neutron Dire Wolf is already out of stock


Unsurprising. Considering the tasty rules, surprising price and the fact that it is actually posable:







   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





He seems to have had a difficult time making the pose on either of them look good. I suppose the studio had the same issue, explains why they went with static (also bad).
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






It's a walking gun battery. It's not designed for dynamic. I'm a little surprised that it only lost 1" of speed and one enhanced turn.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

Yeah, they're giant walking robots...they're allowed to look a little stiff. And this one in particular is playing the role of a sniper or tank destroyer. I'm not sure it'd feel right to have one leaping around.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





They're amongst the lightest we've seen. I'd be gutted if they all looked this awkward. I doubt I'd be enamoured by the range at all tbh.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

Exactly how should they look, then?

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Like the warhound. Chunkier legs (than the WH) maybe. A proper gait. Underslung arms.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Its potential for posing isn't great but its certainly a welcome improvement.

Together with it's rules and price, its beginning to grow on me. Its a shame FW stock isn't avaliable from independents, because with a bit of discount...I might have ordered one.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

SamusDrake wrote:
Its potential for posing isn't great but its certainly a welcome improvement.

Together with it's rules and price, its beginning to grow on me. Its a shame FW stock isn't avaliable from independents, because with a bit of discount...I might have ordered one.


If you've got any warhound on sprue collecting dust this is pretty affordable and you can choose which weapon you want. And the added possibility of the hound legs is always nice.

https://www.mighty-minis-uk.com/product/titan-upgrade-kit-gallicaedes


Automatically Appended Next Post:
JWBS wrote:
Like the warhound. Chunkier legs (than the WH) maybe. A proper gait. Underslung arms.


Underslung arms would help shake the chicken vibe for sure.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 MajorWesJanson wrote:
It's a walking gun battery. It's not designed for dynamic. I'm a little surprised that it only lost 1" of speed and one enhanced turn.


Not to mention both primary weapon options are 90 arcs not corridor so it's not like the change to maneuverability affects its ability to acquire a target for its carapace weapon. So already its sorta got something over the warbringer which has to upgrade its carapace to 90.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/05/16 16:52:40


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

 Manchu wrote:
AT terrain seems to be going OOP. Any rumors about whether this stuff will ever come back or be replaced?


I asked about this at the store a few weeks back and was told that the terrain will be back eventually, but it's an extremely low priority right now as they're gearing everything into the HH and 40K/AoS launches. The AT terrain has been listed as OOP since December and the entry remains on the site, usually once it's gone, they pull the SKU. So the fact that the entry remains is proof it will be back.
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Solahma






RVA

They really ought to repackage it somehow. The Civitas Imperialis set is pretty pitiful and Spires is even worse.

The terrain line for AT probably needs to be completely rethought.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Crablezworth wrote:


If you've got any warhound on sprue collecting dust this is pretty affordable and you can choose which weapon you want. And the added possibility of the hound legs is always nice.

https://www.mighty-minis-uk.com/product/titan-upgrade-kit-gallicaedes



Its a nice kit although the head is a bit strange.

That said, I found it simple to create a spare Warhound from plasticard and left over bits from the Warhound and Reaver kits. It only received an undercoat and wondering about drilling a magnet in the top, so it could sport a Reaver volcano cannon when one is spare...




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Manchu wrote:
They really ought to repackage it somehow. The Civitas Imperialis set is pretty pitiful and Spires is even worse.

The terrain line for AT probably needs to be completely rethought.


I purchased the city blocks set and was quite happy with it. I would like to get the spires but they're a bit pricey without discount.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/16 22:11:02


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Solahma






RVA

I have a good amount of the terrain from when it was first launched and it is very cool and fun to build. I don’t have the newer set with the cool cranes but have seen them in person and they are really nice. The issue is, as packaged, it is very tough and expensive to get enough stuff to actually create a city scape that with LOS blocking features.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Oh, I see. Yes, thats why we never went higher than a Warbringer, and even that was a bit too big for our collection.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Ottawa Ontario Canada

 Manchu wrote:
I have a good amount of the terrain from when it was first launched and it is very cool and fun to build. I don’t have the newer set with the cool cranes but have seen them in person and they are really nice. The issue is, as packaged, it is very tough and expensive to get enough stuff to actually create a city scape that with LOS blocking features.


Yeah it never leant itself well to being able to build much with just a box. What it does have going for it though is the different heights and gradual levels you can build, meaning you can basically measure from the ground up to weapons on warhound/reaver ect and figuer out what buildings will give them cover without restricting their ability to fire at any given titan scale/size. The problem too you're better off going for overall height than making them too big in terms of footprint. The cardboard hawk wargames buildings are a better value overall for big los blocking, Its hard to make a pretty board on the cheap cuz civitas rack up the cost fast, but they're do look much better than the card buildings. Really hoping they come back in stock, they work so well with a lot of the grimdark bits.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
SamusDrake wrote:

Its a nice kit although the head is a bit strange.

That said, I found it simple to create a spare Warhound from plasticard and left over bits from the Warhound and Reaver kits. It only received an undercoat and wondering about drilling a magnet in the top, so it could sport a Reaver volcano cannon when one is spare...



He's added 2 more head options recently, but there's a lot of nice options out there too. One advantage it has over the fw one is it was designed to be able to swap the carapace guns, where as the fw one takes more work and requires purchasing 2. Most printers can probably print both guns on request.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Togusa wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
AT terrain seems to be going OOP. Any rumors about whether this stuff will ever come back or be replaced?


I asked about this at the store a few weeks back and was told that the terrain will be back eventually, but it's an extremely low priority right now as they're gearing everything into the HH and 40K/AoS launches. The AT terrain has been listed as OOP since December and the entry remains on the site, usually once it's gone, they pull the SKU. So the fact that the entry remains is proof it will be back.


Ya and the two other terrain kits are too reliant on the civitas box to really bring it all together so you'd think they'd axe everything at once if they're were going to discontinue the terrain. I can see it AT not being a priority as you said for the next while.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/05/17 00:47:55


Do you play 30k? It'd be a lot cooler if you did.  
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





I like the AT terrain a lot. At first I was quite unimpressed (this happens a lot to me with GW terrain, it was the same with ZM, before I saw the sprues I had no love for it but now ZM is my favourite terrain) The initial set is all very flat, and made up of rather small sections that aren't painstaking to put together, that's the wrong word, but it's more work than most and needs some concentration. The fun of it though turns out to be that it is lots of small, flat bits. You feel like a designer or architect when building your AT structures, something that I've not found with any other terrain set. The when you add in the spires and the manufactorum that's when it becomes really fun, these kits are both great additions to the flatness of the original.

I agree with the criticisms that you don't get much for your money though, you really need to buy multiples or, ideally, the Civitas / Administratum sector. Unfortunately this isn't really possible anymore. It wasn't cheap originally, and is now OOP and works out even more expensive than buying the small boxes. Believe it or not though, it actually used to sell on ebay for less than half or rrp, I picked up multiples back in the day. I'd really love to see this one get a rerelease, if this happens with a refresh edition of AT I'd advise anyone interested in AT to take the opportunity to buy one or two. This guy has the righ idea https://twitter.com/TheNoobPainter/status/1246190619669737472

Grimdark designs are the ideal compliment to Civitas for anyone with a printer, imo for anyone interested in making AT terrain it's almost worth the price of the printer for GD designs alone (iirc GD is what finally got me to buy one).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/05/17 05:02:31


 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






JWBS wrote:
I like the AT terrain a lot. At first I was quite unimpressed (this happens a lot to me with GW terrain, it was the same with ZM, before I saw the sprues I had no love for it but now ZM is my favourite terrain) The initial set is all very flat, and made up of rather small sections that aren't painstaking to put together, that's the wrong word, but it's more work than most and needs some concentration. The fun of it though turns out to be that it is lots of small, flat bits. You feel like a designer or architect when building your AT structures, something that I've not found with any other terrain set. The when you add in the spires and the manufactorum that's when it becomes really fun, these kits are both great additions to the flatness of the original.

I agree with the criticisms that you don't get much for your money though, you really need to buy multiples or, ideally, the Civitas / Administratum sector. Unfortunately this isn't really possible anymore. It wasn't cheap originally, and is now OOP and works out even more expensive than buying the small boxes. Believe it or not though, it actually used to sell on ebay for less than half or rrp, I picked up multiples back in the day. I'd really love to see this one get a rerelease, if this happens with a refresh edition of AT I'd advise anyone interested in AT to take the opportunity to buy one or two. This guy has the righ idea https://twitter.com/TheNoobPainter/status/1246190619669737472

Grimdark designs are the ideal compliment to Civitas for anyone with a printer, imo for anyone interested in making AT terrain it's almost worth the price of the printer for GD designs alone (iirc GD is what finally got me to buy one).


Fully agree. I started Titanicus with the Grand Master set on release and loved how flexible the new terrain was, and how you could be really creative when it came to making various sizes of building rather than the X large and X small buildings you typically get in GW sets. My next purchase was the ~£60 Civitas box as a great way to fill out the table with a wide range of different structures.

The industrial terrain was largely a nice source of basing material to add scale to titan models, but isn't the best for completing a full size table unless you have lots of civitas buildings.

Something I'd love to see in future is a big box set of damaged buildings to convey the inevitable destruction from fighting on this scale. Perhaps they can even include wrecked units or titans, like how the FW board tiles had crashed planes.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Well, we have a FAQ and new scenario:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/24/battle-for-control-of-planet-kado-in-a-new-narrative-campaign-for-adeptus-titanicus/

Volkite Eradicator gets beam!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/05/24 10:58:16


 
   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut






Three scenarios, even.

Volkites getting Beam is good, it means they might sometimes be a worthy consideration. Vortex becoming less swingy and clearly restricted is good as well without clipping it out of the game. Got to read the rest in detail to see if something stands out, but that's pretty good overall.

#ConvertEverything blog with loyalist Death Guard in true and Epic scales. Also Titans and killer robots! C&C welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717557.page 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: