Switch Theme:

URBANMATZ - producer of neoprene battle mats - New designs and info  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




our classic 6x4 Grassland neoprene gaming mat in action https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/192/grassland-6x4





   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




we have 2 desert neoprene gaming mat options :

Mars type of Desert https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/298/desert-6x4

Sahara type of Desert https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/310/sands-of-war-6x4





   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




New pre-painted Fantasy terrain is in stock now !
Fantasy Chapels https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/305/fantasy-chapels-set-2pcs
Fantasy Watchtowers - 3 different types https://www.urbanmatz.com/c/prepainted-terr…/fantasy-terrain

















   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




our no blood version of Cobblestone Battlefield neoprene gaming mat in action https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/189/cobblestone-battlefield-2-6x4 with our prepainted resin FANTASY terrain https://www.urbanmatz.com/c/prepainted-terrain/fantasy-terrain









This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/11/10 07:16:50


 
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




Our neoprene 6x4 Concrete Area 2 in action ! https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/286/concrete-area-2-6x4










   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




our 4'x6' folding and portable Gaming table in action https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/237/6-x4-folding-table

together with our 6x4 neoprene gaming mat Concrete Area 2 https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/286/concrete-area-2-6x4

thanks to http://battle-reports.org/







This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/11/18 09:26:17


 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA

Any chance of a North American distributor? I love your products but the shipping is prohibitive. I say this having ordered two sets of your dungeon walls.

   
Made in us
Ultramarine Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Upstate, New York

 Manchu wrote:
Any chance of a North American distributor? I love your products but the shipping is prohibitive. I say this having ordered two sets of your dungeon walls.


Shipping costs is the main keeping me from ordering myself. I’m dithering between if I want a snow mat or a grass mat, and they have that nice double sided one. But once you factor in shipping, It’s almost cheeper just to get two single sided mats locally.

Table looks nice, and is something I could use in my small apartment. Again, shipping pushes is from “maybe” to “no"

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 12.5K+ Slowly growing 2Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities
 
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







Hobby companies on different continents really should license each others' stuff, or just trade designs or something, so we could get any design made and shipped locally.

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






I haven't found an issue with the shipping, but I just expect it'll be a bit more than locally. The designs from companies like Gamemat, Urbanmatz, and Deep Cut are so much better than the normal Fat Mats locally, I gladly pay the $15-20 extra to get them. Just personal preference of course.

 
   
Made in us
[MOD]
Protoculturist






RVA

Shipping to the USA for one mat from Urbanmatz is 27EUR. It goes down to a little over 17EUR per if your order three. (Gamemat.eu and DeepCut Studios have lower shipping.) I have paid these prices in the past, and more, for shipping their pre-painted resin terrain, and I really love UrbanMatz product. But it’s just too steep going forward. I think their products are priced fairly but they are trapped behind the wall of shipping rates.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Hobby companies on different continents really should license each others' stuff, or just trade designs or something, so we could get any design made and shipped locally.


that would be cool but it's a tricky thing to get right, you've got to trust the folk making your stuff elsewhere as unless it's 'perfect' it may well reflect badly on you if people see it (eg the printing on that mat is rubbish buy one of Bobs Magnificent Mats, but it's nothing to do with Bob it's all down to a licencor having poor QC)

You also risk larger scale buyers (who don't have the limitations of individual postal shipping to worry about) going to the licencee rather than you for bulk sales either because they're cheaper, faster to deliver or just more convenient (perhaps they already buy other stuff from them so adding these mats makes sense and so your income falls (margin will never be as high on a 3rd party sale compared to a direct one)

and that's before you have to decide what the licencing fee is going to be (and whether you can trust the licensor to accurately report sales, or not pilfer bits of your design to make their own similar stuff, all to easy with textures or 3d designs for laser cutters)

 
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




New neoprene gaming mat design by URBANMATZ: INDUSTRIAL available in 6x4 and 4x4 sizes https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/258/industrial-6x4













   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




our very new prepainted DESERT terrain perfect for STAR WARS LEGION available now with shipping immediately to your home https://www.urbanmatz.com/c/prepainted-terrain/desert-terrain perfect with neoprene gaming mat DESERT https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/298/desert-6x4













   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





Will you guys be producing 22" x 30" Kill Team size mats in the (hopefully near) future?



 
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




 TBD wrote:
Will you guys be producing 22" x 30" Kill Team size mats in the (hopefully near) future?


we need to work on it. what kind of designs would you like to see in this size ? thanks for the tips !
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







The sectors Include industrial, urban, cargo storage and trench works. There are also the special boards of spaceship interior and shrine interior. So just about any current mat design could be used.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





Benjamin2014 wrote:
 TBD wrote:
Will you guys be producing 22" x 30" Kill Team size mats in the (hopefully near) future?


we need to work on it. what kind of designs would you like to see in this size ? thanks for the tips !



Kill Team is sci fi so like Flinty said basically anything that fits with GW's 40K terrain and other sci fi terrain.

New designs would be cool of course, but if for example your current (dark) Desert or Industrial mat was available cut to 22" x 30" size I would definitely buy one of those.



 
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







Th3re are rules for using the sewers, so maybe a few gratings thrown in there as well to.mix it up. Some simple.concrete with a few parking/loading bays and a few sets of hazard striping and other road markings and some.open spaces to.put terrain.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in us
Repentia Mistress





Kansas

The industrial design looks great.

   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




 Dr Mathias wrote:
The industrial design looks great.


thank you !
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




 Flinty wrote:
Th3re are rules for using the sewers, so maybe a few gratings thrown in there as well to.mix it up. Some simple.concrete with a few parking/loading bays and a few sets of hazard striping and other road markings and some.open spaces to.put terrain.


all noted. we will all discuss it here and hopefully do something great thanks !
   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







Benjamin2014 wrote:
 Flinty wrote:
Th3re are rules for using the sewers, so maybe a few gratings thrown in there as well to.mix it up. Some simple.concrete with a few parking/loading bays and a few sets of hazard striping and other road markings and some.open spaces to.put terrain.


all noted. we will all discuss it here and hopefully do something great thanks !


Excellent....do.i get a free one for my vitally important "creative input"?

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




 Flinty wrote:
Benjamin2014 wrote:
 Flinty wrote:
Th3re are rules for using the sewers, so maybe a few gratings thrown in there as well to.mix it up. Some simple.concrete with a few parking/loading bays and a few sets of hazard striping and other road markings and some.open spaces to.put terrain.


all noted. we will all discuss it here and hopefully do something great thanks !


Excellent....do.i get a free one for my vitally important "creative input"?


lets agree that if we do exactly as you described then you get one for free
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps







The shots of the mats with terrain on them are super effective marketing!
   
Made in cz
Three Color Minimum




our 6x4 Desert neoprene gaming mat in action in NY ! https://www.urbanmatz.com/p/298/desert-6x4











   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: