Switch Theme:

In a perfect world, what faction would you add to 40k?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine





 Eonfuzz wrote:
Give me some Vampire Counts in space suits. Seeing a Vlad Von Carstein crossing the rubicron and having an army of undead spacemarine thralls take on space elves would guzzle up my wallet like no tomorrow.


Sounds like a Blood Angels Legion of the Damned.

I would love to see ranged weapon daemon units. Effective ranged units, not like the horrors with their pistols or the short-ranged whips, screams, flames, and spitting. It would be awesome to see daemons with supernatural weapons with the similar hitting power of bolters and beyond. It could introduce some awesome stuff and make daemons a far more viable army in 40k.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/04 07:17:36


 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
There are still 2 unknown primarchs out there, so I guess their legions. I'd also make them women.


No. All 20 primarchs were found and all 20 participated in the Great Crusade. That has been well established for over 2 decades at least.



A GW fan walks into a bar, buys the same drink as yesterday but pays more.

""Unite" is a human word, ... join me or die."

If you break apart my or anyone else's posts line by line I will not read them. 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ArcaneHorror wrote:
 Eonfuzz wrote:
Give me some Vampire Counts in space suits. Seeing a Vlad Von Carstein crossing the rubicron and having an army of undead spacemarine thralls take on space elves would guzzle up my wallet like no tomorrow.


Sounds like a Blood Angels Legion of the Damned.

I would love to see ranged weapon daemon units. Effective ranged units, not like the horrors with their pistols or the short-ranged whips, screams, flames, and spitting. It would be awesome to see daemons with supernatural weapons with the similar hitting power of bolters and beyond. It could introduce some awesome stuff and make daemons a far more viable army in 40k.


Doom video game player detected. Lol! I painted the Doom minis from 2004 boardgames as Nurgle daemons.
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter




 Grimtuff wrote:
FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
There are still 2 unknown primarchs out there, so I guess their legions. I'd also make them women.


No. All 20 primarchs were found and all 20 participated in the Great Crusade. That has been well established for over 2 decades at least.


20 may have been made, but II and XI were never "disclosed" or made public. They are just listed as "expunged: authorization unknown". In Dark Imperium Gman even talks about the missing 2 primarchs that were created and never disclosed to the public. Unless I am greatly mis-reading the lore here, in which case I gladly beg correction. I thought the 2 missing legions that were "deleted from history" after the Great Crusade.

Thanks in advance for the lore education.

Cited for clarity:
Spoiler:
'I was one of twenty. Two failed. Half the rest turned on my father. The Emperor is not infallible, nor am I.' The blasphemy was intended to provoke the priest. A cheap tactic. Mathieu was thankfully unmoved.

‘Twenty?’ The priest arched an eyebrow.

‘Yes,’ said Guilliman.

‘Not eighteen? Nine holy primarchs, nine fallen devils? That is what the scriptures say.’

‘No. Twenty. Your Church is ignorant of many things.’ As most people weren’t aware that Horus and his followers had been loyal once, that his two failed siblings were not known of in the 41st millennium was hardly surprising. More information deliberately hidden. More myths.[33a]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/08/04 17:53:19


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
 Grimtuff wrote:
FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:
There are still 2 unknown primarchs out there, so I guess their legions. I'd also make them women.


No. All 20 primarchs were found and all 20 participated in the Great Crusade. That has been well established for over 2 decades at least.


20 may have been made, but II and XI were never "disclosed" or made public. They are just listed as "expunged: authorization unknown". In Dark Imperium Gman even talks about the missing 2 primarchs that were created and never disclosed to the public. Unless I am greatly mis-reading the lore here, in which case I gladly beg correction. I thought the 2 missing legions that were "deleted from history" after the Great Crusade.

Thanks in advance for the lore education.

Cited for clarity:
Spoiler:
'I was one of twenty. Two failed. Half the rest turned on my father. The Emperor is not infallible, nor am I.' The blasphemy was intended to provoke the priest. A cheap tactic. Mathieu was thankfully unmoved.

‘Twenty?’ The priest arched an eyebrow.

‘Yes,’ said Guilliman.

‘Not eighteen? Nine holy primarchs, nine fallen devils? That is what the scriptures say.’

‘No. Twenty. Your Church is ignorant of many things.’ As most people weren’t aware that Horus and his followers had been loyal once, that his two failed siblings were not known of in the 41st millennium was hardly surprising. More information deliberately hidden. More myths.[33a]


They were deleted from the minds of the primarchs to some extent before the end of the great crusade. And after the HH all reference to the traitors legions was expunged from records.
   
Made in us
Boosting Black Templar Biker






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
But this is also Games Workshop we're talking about, a company that went from "Let's have viking-themed Space Marines with a wolf motif!" to "Wolfy 'The Wolf' McWolfenwolf, riding a Thunderwolf, armed with Wolf Claws!" in 20 years.

This is why I stopped collecting Space Wolves. They cranked the wolf up to 11, and that's not what appealed to me when I first got the army.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




There are a bunch, but top of the list?

Mercenaries.

Gathering several micro-factions together as mercenary bands, able to work with most any force. You can take a Mercenary Patrol to attach to your army, without breaking the army restrictions (IE, your Marines still get the Marine benefits and the like) or you could take a full Mercenary army.

You'd get small "bottles" of forces, such as Eldar Pirates, Kroot Mercenaries, Renegade Marines, or Blood Axe "Imperial Aligned" Orks, each with an HQ option, Troops, and several options for Elite, Fast Attack, and Heavy, but you'd also have some freeform units that weren't full forces but were just parts that could be stitched into others, like random xenos that focused on a single thing, like a fast attack choice that was all a race offered.

For the Mercenary force itself, you'd have a few options for a full force, such as a Rogue Trader, who brought the force together as a whole.

Good money for GW, since you could dip into alternate forces easily, getting you on that treadmill (Well, I have 500 pts of Kroot Mercs... I could add some Tau to that and hae another army...) and you'd have some fun adding, say, a Knight Errant (merc Knight) as the super heavy for other forces.

Lots of potential, I think.
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines





Tangentville, New Jersey

FezzikDaBullgryn wrote:


1. Full on inquisition force. Normal humans in Powered armor and totally customizable models with every weapon being usable in the imperium. Also can soup with DW/GK and Admech.

2. I'd love a penal AM faction. All the Adeptus Arbites and Robo Mastiffs.

3. The Hive Gang Faction. It's hilariously dumb that they haven't been given a faction considering they (Total # of gangers) outnumber the planetary guard on some hive worlds.


Put this in one book and you just described my dream Imperial Agents codex.


 
   
Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




Space Crab People.
   
Made in us
Pulsating Possessed Chaos Marine





Strg Alt wrote:
 ArcaneHorror wrote:
 Eonfuzz wrote:
Give me some Vampire Counts in space suits. Seeing a Vlad Von Carstein crossing the rubicron and having an army of undead spacemarine thralls take on space elves would guzzle up my wallet like no tomorrow.


Sounds like a Blood Angels Legion of the Damned.

I would love to see ranged weapon daemon units. Effective ranged units, not like the horrors with their pistols or the short-ranged whips, screams, flames, and spitting. It would be awesome to see daemons with supernatural weapons with the similar hitting power of bolters and beyond. It could introduce some awesome stuff and make daemons a far more viable army in 40k.


Doom video game player detected. Lol! I painted the Doom minis from 2004 boardgames as Nurgle daemons.


This is definitely a big influence. As it is, the closest thing we have to Doom demons in 40k is the Soul Grinder. More cybernetic daemons and ones with ranged, eldritch weaponry would be amazing.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Vatsetis wrote:
Space Crab People.


that deserves an...




...and an exalt!


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Vatsetis wrote:
Space Crab People.

Aren't those just slaaneshi demons?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 ArcaneHorror wrote:
 Eonfuzz wrote:
Give me some Vampire Counts in space suits. Seeing a Vlad Von Carstein crossing the rubicron and having an army of undead spacemarine thralls take on space elves would guzzle up my wallet like no tomorrow.


Sounds like a Blood Angels Legion of the Damned.

I would love to see ranged weapon daemon units. Effective ranged units, not like the horrors with their pistols or the short-ranged whips, screams, flames, and spitting. It would be awesome to see daemons with supernatural weapons with the similar hitting power of bolters and beyond. It could introduce some awesome stuff and make daemons a far more viable army in 40k.

Yeah, I never understood why demons don't have guns.
I mean, they can make daemon engines and cannons, but they can't make a gun? How does that work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/09 10:37:29


What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Hrud or rak’gol. I feel like the game already has enough sub factions so I feel like it’d be cool to see something that opens up completely new design space.

That said, I also think a lost and the damned with cultists/traitor guard/dark admech would be awesome too, as would be a Tau alien auxiliaries codex (kroot could be sorta like 40K seraphon and demiurg would be super cool to see too)
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: