Switch Theme:

Artefactotum  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



Glasgow

Because its not relevant

If you have an admech warlord You can take a free relic - I don't so it has no bearing. Even if I did it would have no bearing as it only gives permission for a character to take a relic. The exact wording of what comes after if you have an admech warlord matters

Permission is granted by the strat - which as discussed earlier is 0 with a strict raw reading as your warlord phrase only gives a character a relic and makes no mention of access to the factions relics. if your not useing a strict raw it means you can take it unless theirs a restriction you have shown no restriction.

Since me alex and jake all read the rules the same way we are clearly reading them

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/06 07:30:00


 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




Let's not go down in circles with this again.

@DeathReaper, I'm disappointed that was your response to me. I had hoped you had evaluated and expressed why you thought the quoted rule is a restriction rather than repeat your refrain ad nauseam. I don't think there is anything further that I can say to you on this topic. Thank you for your time.

@U02dah4, it is evident that, for whatever reasons, DeathReaper does not see the issue with what he calls a "restriction". I don't think any additional conversation on this point will be productive.
   
Made in us
Captain of the Forlorn Hope





Chicago, IL

It must be a relic they can have. Without having a AM warlord how many relics are available?



"Did you notice a sign out in front of my chapel that said "Land Raider Storage"?" -High Chaplain Astorath the Grim Redeemer of the Lost.

I sold my soul to the devil and now the bastard is demanding a refund!

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



Glasgow

Exactly the same as not having an am warlord

All of them admech relics are not restricted

Even if they were it would be exactly the same none of them

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/06 08:23:25


 
   
Made in us
Captain of the Forlorn Hope





Chicago, IL

U02dah4 wrote:
Exactly the same as not having an am warlord

All of them admech relics are not restricted

Even if they were it would be exactly the same none of them
You mean zero. Because if all of them are available then that would mean you could give one to every character in your army.

But we know that is not true, so your statement is not true.


But seriously answer this:

Why did you ask the question if you are going to ignore the rules and do what you want anyway?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/06 08:57:27


"Did you notice a sign out in front of my chapel that said "Land Raider Storage"?" -High Chaplain Astorath the Grim Redeemer of the Lost.

I sold my soul to the devil and now the bastard is demanding a refund!

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



Glasgow

No because whether or not you have an admech warlord only refers to the free relic going to a character it makes no reference to your army's access to relics in general or access for non characters

I'm not , I wanted to know if I had missed something me alex and jake have all read the rules we found nothing and came to the same conclusion

You invented stuff and have not supported it with any evidence so I'll ignore that (or more accurately quoted stuff that proves you wrong because it doesn't state what you claim it states). While doctorom seems to think it's broken and never works which while correct under strict raw is clearly not rai so I will ignore them.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/09/06 09:23:06


 
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Cardiff

U02dah4 wrote:


Your not missing anything most factions have that and no it is entirely true that other codexs have the same wording and are not locked to a faction that's what the majority in this say.

The core argument is that 2 people seem to have invented a restriction from that stock phrase. Which they are unable to quote in anyway or support in anyway. They then apply that restriction to "it must be a Relic they can have" claiming you don't meet it if you don't have a warlord which would be true if that restriction existed but it doesn't.


I suspected as much. So it’s the usual one rule grants Warlord free relic, a Strat allows [someone else] a Relic a different way, but someone is trying to muddy that for internet points? How silly.

Never change, YMDC. Well, actually, do. It would be great if this was a resource for players. It isn’t in its present state.

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut



Glasgow

Yes I feel the same
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 JohnnyHell wrote:
U02dah4 wrote:


Your not missing anything most factions have that and no it is entirely true that other codexs have the same wording and are not locked to a faction that's what the majority in this say.

The core argument is that 2 people seem to have invented a restriction from that stock phrase. Which they are unable to quote in anyway or support in anyway. They then apply that restriction to "it must be a Relic they can have" claiming you don't meet it if you don't have a warlord which would be true if that restriction existed but it doesn't.


I suspected as much. So it’s the usual one rule grants Warlord free relic, a Strat allows [someone else] a Relic a different way, but someone is trying to muddy that for internet points? How silly.

Never change, YMDC. Well, actually, do. It would be great if this was a resource for players. It isn’t in its present state.


My only regret is that I can exalt this only once. It really needs a lot more moderation to hold any value.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K You Make Da Call
Go to: