Switch Theme:

Warhammer Fest Online, finished!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Ireland

I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Daedalus81 wrote:
I thought they were pretty unique. Why do you not like them? Though I guess I'm focused more on the guy with the heavy cowl and the matrix thing.
I am inherently biased here, as I think the Newcromunda Delaques look bad to begin with (and look nothing like Delaques).

I like the flying tentacle brain thing because it's unique. There's nothing like it anywhere in GW's range. The Nacht-Ghul are just more of the Delaques I already don't like, and the Psy-Gheist jumping over the girder is the worst of the lot. The one with the hood is ok.

I'll find a way to get the brain thing, and continue pretending that N17 Delaques are just a bad dream.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Procrastinator extraordinaire





Edinburgh, UK

Today was a cool day compared to the first 40k day, lots of stuff has surprised me and I'm a little hyped about pretty much everything previewed today. I hope we'll see a 30k release on the mystery day.

One thing to note was the absolute spam in the chat about Cursed City. I'm not a fanboy by any means, but at least recognise the community team aren't the ones handling that fiasco.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 20/6/2 9th Ed - 2/2/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
The Cutting Mat Chat: A hobby blog
Excoriators! The forgotten Second Founding Chapter P&M blog
Instagram, follow for other hobby updates 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 Horla wrote:
I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.


I was debating the necromunda starter, mainly for the terrain, but decided against it. But it includes delaque in it, and I like these new models, so I think i will see if my flgs can get me one. I have a friend who has been trying to get people into necromunda for a while.

Wish they had showed off the chaos legio codex for titanicus, but I liked basically everything about this preview modelwise. Would have preferred drukhari razorwings and night ravens in pla e of the eldar, but eh, can't win them al l
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

TBH if they had previewed all of this stuff in just one day, saturday for example, it would had been actually one of the biggest previews they have done in a good while and I doubt many people would have complained. But streeching out like this is so tiresome.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Armpit of NY

 Galas wrote:
TBH if they had previewed all of this stuff in just one day, saturday for example, it would had been actually one of the biggest previews they have done in a good while and I doubt many people would have complained. But streeching out like this is so tiresome.


A little bit of butter being spread out over a lot of bread…
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






I'm just going to throw out an idle thought I just had for Saturday. Not a new system or updated edition or anything. 40k scale Warmaster titan.
   
Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count






UK

 Horla wrote:
I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.


They will also make glorious Genestealer Cult models......

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Fish Elves are 10/10 might have to buy even though I'll never play underworlds (unless I could persuade a few people to start.)

Really don't like the Delaque models - which is a shame, because of the basic Necromunda gangs they are by far the best. They feel like something that wouldn't have been thought especially good from 10 years ago.
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Ireland

 Mr Morden wrote:
 Horla wrote:
I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.


They will also make glorious Genestealer Cult models......

I used to use the original metal Delaques (and Valhallan guard) for my old Genestealer Cult in 2nd/3rd Ed. The thought crossed my mind again here...
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





 Mr Morden wrote:
 Horla wrote:
I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.


They will also make glorious Genestealer Cult models......

Damn right.

I made this guy (and then never used him for anything) because I wanted a GSC/Delaque Mindflayer. Unfortunately, psykers suck in Necromunda.
https://yaktribe.games/community/media/adept-jpg.35126/full
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I need that floaty brain monster in my life.

I don't know what I'll use it for.... but I want it.

Honestly, I think with a little bit of work, those delaque models could make some of the coolest Rogue psykers or Inquisitorial bodyguards/acolytes that GW has produced. a head swap here, a chaos icon or purity seal there, maybe throw on an extra bolt pistol...
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 MajorWesJanson wrote:
I'm just going to throw out an idle thought I just had for Saturday. Not a new system or updated edition or anything. 40k scale Warmaster titan.


I really, really doubt it. It would be at least £1500 (at the very very least) and would have such a small target market relative to anything else that even GW must realise having that as their super secret Saturday reveal is going to disappoint a lot of people. ‘Oh it’s a huge resin model I’ll never be able to afford or play with’
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
I thought they were pretty unique. Why do you not like them? Though I guess I'm focused more on the guy with the heavy cowl and the matrix thing.
I am inherently biased here, as I think the Newcromunda Delaques look bad to begin with (and look nothing like Delaques).

I like the flying tentacle brain thing because it's unique. There's nothing like it anywhere in GW's range. The Nacht-Ghul are just more of the Delaques I already don't like, and the Psy-Gheist jumping over the girder is the worst of the lot. The one with the hood is ok.

I'll find a way to get the brain thing, and continue pretending that N17 Delaques are just a bad dream.
I understand not liking the new Delaque aesthetic but you have to admit that releasing a warband of trench coat wearing skinheads would probably be a bad PR move.
   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

 Ordana wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
I thought they were pretty unique. Why do you not like them? Though I guess I'm focused more on the guy with the heavy cowl and the matrix thing.
I am inherently biased here, as I think the Newcromunda Delaques look bad to begin with (and look nothing like Delaques).

I like the flying tentacle brain thing because it's unique. There's nothing like it anywhere in GW's range. The Nacht-Ghul are just more of the Delaques I already don't like, and the Psy-Gheist jumping over the girder is the worst of the lot. The one with the hood is ok.

I'll find a way to get the brain thing, and continue pretending that N17 Delaques are just a bad dream.
I understand not liking the new Delaque aesthetic but you have to admit that releasing a warband of trench coat wearing skinheads would probably be a bad PR move.


Is less that and more than old Delaque are not that different than Orlocks. Are just bald guys in trenchcoats.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 Ordana wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
I thought they were pretty unique. Why do you not like them? Though I guess I'm focused more on the guy with the heavy cowl and the matrix thing.
I am inherently biased here, as I think the Newcromunda Delaques look bad to begin with (and look nothing like Delaques).

I like the flying tentacle brain thing because it's unique. There's nothing like it anywhere in GW's range. The Nacht-Ghul are just more of the Delaques I already don't like, and the Psy-Gheist jumping over the girder is the worst of the lot. The one with the hood is ok.

I'll find a way to get the brain thing, and continue pretending that N17 Delaques are just a bad dream.
I understand not liking the new Delaque aesthetic but you have to admit that releasing a warband of trench coat wearing skinheads would probably be a bad PR move.


'Bald' isn't equivalent to 'skinhead.' Go down that road and you're PETA ranting about Space Wolves wearing fur.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Galas wrote:
TBH if they had previewed all of this stuff in just one day, saturday for example, it would had been actually one of the biggest previews they have done in a good while and I doubt many people would have complained. But streeching out like this is so tiresome.


Too much was already seen (or expected). The one surprise so far was pretty niche. And AoS (and Sisters) got hit with immediate special character fatigue.

For me, the highlight so far has been the dire wolves. And sadly they've already convinced me they've bungled that army between Cursed City and the scale creep of the Underworlds band (and the new pile of very silly characters)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/06 21:47:38


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





 Galas wrote:
TBH if they had previewed all of this stuff in just one day, saturday for example, it would had been actually one of the biggest previews they have done in a good while and I doubt many people would have complained. But streeching out like this is so tiresome.


I don't think many people would have had the four or five hours to go through all that though.

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Daedalus81 wrote:
 Galas wrote:
TBH if they had previewed all of this stuff in just one day, saturday for example, it would had been actually one of the biggest previews they have done in a good while and I doubt many people would have complained. But streeching out like this is so tiresome.


I don't think many people would have had the four or five hours to go through all that though.


Each of these so far has been about 30 minutes, with 10 of those minutes devoted to them introducing themselves and then saying goodbye at the end. So, really, it's 20-25 minutes per stream. Across six days that's not even 3 hours, and there's a lot of chaff they could have cut.

Better yet, there's a lot they could have simply released in regular articles, or standalone videos.

The reveals themselves are great. The execution is my least favorite part of all of this.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Trustworthy Shas'vre





Leicester

One of my friends jokingly suggested that the big Saturday reveal could be the other plastic Thunderhawk! I don’t think it likely, but it would be an epic double bluff / trolling move...

DS:80+S+GM+B+I+Pw40k08D+A++WD355R+T(M)DM+
 Zed wrote:
*All statements reflect my opinion at this moment. if some sort of pretty new model gets released (or if I change my mind at random) I reserve the right to jump on any bandwagon at will.
 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 Jadenim wrote:
One of my friends jokingly suggested that the big Saturday reveal could be the other plastic Thunderhawk! I don’t think it likely, but it would be an epic double bluff / trolling move...

I thought that too. Certainly possible.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran



Vihti, Finland

 Crimson wrote:
 Jadenim wrote:
One of my friends jokingly suggested that the big Saturday reveal could be the other plastic Thunderhawk! I don’t think it likely, but it would be an epic double bluff / trolling move...

I thought that too. Certainly possible.


That is just too good of an joke that it can't happen.
   
Made in au
Osprey Reader




Disappointed to see no Titanicus... until I realised we can now easily make THE essential terrain objective in matching scale: a crashed Thunderhawk.

 Horla wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Horla wrote:
I think the Delaques look deadly, I’ve been toying with starting Necromunda and this might have pushed me over the edge.


They will also make glorious Genestealer Cult models......

I used to use the original metal Delaques (and Valhallan guard) for my old Genestealer Cult in 2nd/3rd Ed. The thought crossed my mind again here...


When I first saw these new Delaque models, I thought they were for Genestealer Cults and had to do a double-take.

The funny thing is that if you go back to read the original fluff for Delaque in 1st ed Necromunda--all one paragraph of it--they do sound eerily like a 'stealer cult that nobody else has noticed yet. Bald, secretive and with long heavy coats (to hide their extra limbs) ... I'd like to think that was intentional.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

Zenithfleet wrote:
Disappointed to see no Titanicus... until I realised we can now easily make THE essential terrain objective in matching scale: a crashed Thunderhawk.


Every Imperial AI release is a conversion away from being a Titanicus scatter terrain release.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Ordana wrote:
... but you have to admit that releasing a warband of trench coat wearing skinheads would probably be a bad PR move.
No I don't have to admit anything. You're the first person I've ever heard even suggest that about Delaques.

Delaques have an old gangster appeal (minus the 20's style fedoras). They're not Rompa Stompa "skinheads".

 Daedalus81 wrote:
I don't think many people would have had the four or five hours to go through all that though.
They would have cut down on some time by not spending time on all the stuff they had revealed previously (ie. 80% of the Sisters 'reveal').


This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/05/06 23:16:22


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
... but you have to admit that releasing a warband of trench coat wearing skinheads would probably be a bad PR move.
No I don't have to admit anything. You're the first person I've ever heard even suggest that about Delaques.

Delaques have an old gangster appeal (minus the 20's style fedoras). They're not Rompa Stompa "skinheads".



Skinheads aren't traditionally associated with trenchcoats to begin with either.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/05/06 23:19:03


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Delaques have an old gangster appeal (minus the 20's style fedoras).


Challenge accepted

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/06 23:18:51


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Platuan4th wrote:
Skinheads aren't traditionally associated with trenchcoats to begin with either.
Or anywhere, as far as I know. Yeah I really don't know what Ordana is talking about.

Nothing about the old-school Delaques screams "skinhead" to me. Being bald isn't enough.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Challenge accepted
If that greenstuff was any thicker I'd mistake those for boonie hats.

But still, nice to see someone trying it out.


Ah, you changed the picture. Much better.

They look like the guys out of the Smooth Criminal video more than a Neo-Nazi rally.



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/05/06 23:25:16


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 lord_blackfang wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Delaques have an old gangster appeal (minus the 20's style fedoras).


Challenge accepted


Getting a whole lotta M'Grimdark vibe from that.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I'm starting to think that those speculating Saturday is the Warhammer TV/Animation day, especially a big Eisenhorn reveal, will be correct...

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Getting a whole lotta M'Grimdark vibe from that.
Only if you associate fedoras with MRA types.

Some of us still associate them with gangsters in the 20's.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/05/06 23:36:22


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Grot Snipa





Atlanta, GA

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I'm starting to think that those speculating Saturday is the Warhammer TV/Animation day, especially a big Eisenhorn reveal, will be correct...




What makes you say that?

I'm going to be annoyed if Saturday is nothing more than a recap of upcoming animation, especially since I don't think they have anything new to show in the first place.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: