Switch Theme:

Aeldari rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin






 Nevelon wrote:
If you need me, I’m trying to talk my wallet down from the ledge. It’s not taking all these reveals very well. Poor thing. Going to be a rough year financially.
I know what you mean. Despite having several unbuilt Kill Teams and Warcry war bands, the new Guardians have me wanting to start an Eldar Kill Team. And I'd like the Autarch as well.

Any mention of pricing yet? Guessing the Autarch will be a $35 model at least.

Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarves, Dwarves, Elves, Undead, Northern Alliance [WiP], Nightstalkers [WiP]
Kings of War Historical: Macedonian [WiP]
Dropzone Commander: PHR
Kill Team: Deathwatch AdMech Necron

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Were shining spears part of any leak? I’m guessing they’re just an upgrade but who knows
   
Made in ca
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator




USA

 GaroRobe wrote:
Were shining spears part of any leak? I’m guessing they’re just an upgrade but who knows


If I remember correctly they were part of the advent leak as the new aspects we are getting along with Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks (and their Phoenix lord).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/15 20:13:39


 
   
Made in us
Wicked Warp Spider





Ohio

 Ancestral Hamster wrote:
 Nevelon wrote:
If you need me, I’m trying to talk my wallet down from the ledge. It’s not taking all these reveals very well. Poor thing. Going to be a rough year financially.
I know what you mean. Despite having several unbuilt Kill Teams and Warcry war bands, the new Guardians have me wanting to start an Eldar Kill Team. And I'd like the Autarch as well.

Any mention of pricing yet? Guessing the Autarch will be a $35 model at least.


I'd estimate the guardians probably being $40-$50, Autarch being $35, Shroud Runners being $50. That's pure speculation.

My wallet also is having a heart attack at the moment. I have large eldar and CSM forces, with them possibly being updated back to back.....my girlfriend may massacre me. The problem begins to compound when you factor in my desire to get rid of old sculpts to get the new shiny.

Tons!
Tons!
Tons!
2,000pts


Primaris Puritous Sealious!
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/790547.page 
   
Made in be
Fresh-Faced New User




 Sabotage! wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Were shining spears part of any leak? I’m guessing they’re just an upgrade but who knows


If I remember correctly they were part of the advent leak as the new aspects we are getting along with Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks (and their Phoenix lord).


Potato-cam pic of the Shining Spears (image only) up on B&C :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372522-eldar-codex-leaks/page-28

   
Made in ca
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator




USA

I’d be over the moon if the new Guardians were 40-50. Way more likely to be 60. That seems to be the going price for new 10 man units from GW (CSM for example). Heck Cadians are 45 and they are a 20 year old kit with a tiny upgrade sprue.

 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

 l0k1 wrote:
 Ancestral Hamster wrote:
 Nevelon wrote:
If you need me, I’m trying to talk my wallet down from the ledge. It’s not taking all these reveals very well. Poor thing. Going to be a rough year financially.
I know what you mean. Despite having several unbuilt Kill Teams and Warcry war bands, the new Guardians have me wanting to start an Eldar Kill Team. And I'd like the Autarch as well.

Any mention of pricing yet? Guessing the Autarch will be a $35 model at least.


I'd estimate the guardians probably being $40-$50, Autarch being $35, Shroud Runners being $50. That's pure speculation.

My wallet also is having a heart attack at the moment. I have large eldar and CSM forces, with them possibly being updated back to back.....my girlfriend may massacre me. The problem begins to compound when you factor in my desire to get rid of old sculpts to get the new shiny.


At least you play both sides of the versus box. That will help.

I’m probably going to grab the release/bundle deals and wait on anything that’s just a single kit. OK, “Probably” is not the right word. I’m hoping to just get the the deals that are limited time, and the single stuff that’s "find it on the shelf (or discounters) anytime", can wait. At the rate I paint, I’m probably not going to be able to make it through everything this year anyway, so might as well punt it down the road for next year’s hobby budget to worry about.

That said, shiny model syndrome is a heck of a thing. I might not be able to wait. Everything just looks so cool. Eldar have been my secondary army since 2nd. The one thing keeping me from expanding it was lack of plastic kits. And that’s going away in spades.

   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




 Sabotage! wrote:
I’d be over the moon if the new Guardians were 40-50. Way more likely to be 60. That seems to be the going price for new 10 man units from GW (CSM for example). Heck Cadians are 45 and they are a 20 year old kit with a tiny upgrade sprue.


Second this, unfortunately, as its not a 10 man unit, but a 10 man dual kit plus a weapon platform. That extra sprue will push it up (even if they keep the current platform and add the new shield bits to the new guardian sprue

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/15 21:00:09


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

Well done GW finally giving shining spears the models they deserve.

This will leave only one model on jetbike in need of the update treatment. Unless it is included in the box?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Autarch-Skyrunner

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 ceorron wrote:
Well done GW finally giving shining spears the models they deserve.

This will leave only one model on jetbike in need of the update treatment. Unless it is included in the box?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Autarch-Skyrunner


Holy crap I didn't even realize they still sold that!

I gotta believe they will retire it at this point? Maybe some extra parts in the new Shiny Spears box to build one as a Autarch? Or maybe they are figuring folks will just purchase the new on-foot Autarch and use the extra bits to put a bike-Autarch together?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/15 21:42:52


 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

Also still on sale for GW are.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Striking-Scorpions
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Warp-Spiders
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Farseer-and-Warlocks
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Phoenix-Lord-Asurmen
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Phoenix-Lord-Maugan-Ra
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Phoenix-Lord-Fuegan
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Phoenix-Lord-Baharroth
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Prince-Yriel
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Phoenix-Lord-Karandras
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Warlock-with-Witch-Blade-and-Skuriken-Pistol
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Eldar-Avatar-of-Khaine

Some of these are serviceable for sure but that's not a good thing for the range.

The only ones of them confirmed for update is Maugan Ra and the warlock atm.

This update is long overdue, this is needed at this point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/15 22:01:13


   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran





Voss wrote:

Second this, unfortunately, as its not a 10 man unit, but a 10 man dual kit plus a weapon platform. That extra sprue will push it up (even if they keep the current platform and add the new shield bits to the new guardian sprue


The weapon platform is new but almost identical to current one. I wouldn't be surprised if it is was included on a sprue of 10 Guardians.

That place is the harsh dark future far left with only war left. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Forget the rules! Check out that new Warlock mini!

That's what I'm saying! OMG! And 3 of them?!?!
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Get over here!!!*



*Wrong franchise?



This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/15 23:28:23


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




Interesting. Well, actually not really interesting, but just statistically better with mass attacks at a higher strength. And the change to Mandiblasters is actually really huge if it affects all attacks rather than being a single roll per model.

Scorpion claw looks kinda naff: +1S and additional AP over the biting blade, but fewer attacks for more points. Seems like a bad trade

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




Old-Four-Arms wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Were shining spears part of any leak? I’m guessing they’re just an upgrade but who knows


If I remember correctly they were part of the advent leak as the new aspects we are getting along with Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks (and their Phoenix lord).


Potato-cam pic of the Shining Spears (image only) up on B&C :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372522-eldar-codex-leaks/page-28



Not fond of all these unhelmeted heads. Always struck me as a bit silly if you have a 3+ armor save to take off your helmet.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





well, given the amount of conversions out there where I see eldar with bare-heads swapped in from fantasy elves and similar opinions may differ between helmet on and off.

I certainly hope the new style shining biker bunch will provide helmet-heads with maybe a few helmet off options for those that like their biker folks sans brain buckets....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/16 00:26:09


 
   
Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




Old-Four-Arms wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
 GaroRobe wrote:
Were shining spears part of any leak? I’m guessing they’re just an upgrade but who knows


If I remember correctly they were part of the advent leak as the new aspects we are getting along with Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks (and their Phoenix lord).


Potato-cam pic of the Shining Spears (image only) up on B&C :

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372522-eldar-codex-leaks/page-28


Yikes on the Wraithguard!

No auto-hits for the D-scythe (but d6 attacks and blast now) and range boost on both weapons. Don't really care about the MW on the cannon (which is now Dam d3+3), but its potentially good on the scythe.
Can also shoot in combat (but lost fall back and shoot, which... ok on that trade?) and have the now-standard Damage Resistance. 3 attacks base (but lost wraithbone fists)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/16 00:31:43


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin






Iracundus wrote:
Not fond of all these unhelmeted heads. Always struck me as a bit silly if you have a 3+ armor save to take off your helmet.

Yes, it's silly, but is included for variety. I use bare heads for the character models and specialists. The ordinary joes wear helmets. Think of it like a movie: you don't pay big bucks for the A-List talent to hide their face.

There was a conversion in a WD around 3rd ed. A helmetless marine captain, but with a reason to remove his helmet in combat. On the ground was a mostly shattered helmet. So it saved his life from the head shot, but he was still wounded, and the face plate and comm-gear were wrecked. So he had to ditch it as he couldn't see with it on. Anyway, all that detail had been added in.

Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarves, Dwarves, Elves, Undead, Northern Alliance [WiP], Nightstalkers [WiP]
Kings of War Historical: Macedonian [WiP]
Dropzone Commander: PHR
Kill Team: Deathwatch AdMech Necron

 
   
Made in gb
Utilizing Careful Highlighting




U.k

I thought all the kits would be getting helmet off options for the ynnari.
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Ancestral Hamster wrote:
Iracundus wrote:
Not fond of all these unhelmeted heads. Always struck me as a bit silly if you have a 3+ armor save to take off your helmet.

Yes, it's silly, but is included for variety. I use bare heads for the character models and specialists. The ordinary joes wear helmets. Think of it like a movie: you don't pay big bucks for the A-List talent to hide their face.

There was a conversion in a WD around 3rd ed. A helmetless marine captain, but with a reason to remove his helmet in combat. On the ground was a mostly shattered helmet. So it saved his life from the head shot, but he was still wounded, and the face plate and comm-gear were wrecked. So he had to ditch it as he couldn't see with it on. Anyway, all that detail had been added in.


I know the Jes Goodwin sketches had Exarchs with helmetless versions, with faces framed by an open frame (like the Dire Avenger option), and it was justified in the sketches with a force field protecting the head to the same degree as actually wearing the helmet. However I don't think the rank and file Aspect Warriors would get such a treatment.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

As long as they have helmets, it'll be fine. And they should do, 'cause zipping around on a bike without any face protection (or even just eye protection) is very silly.

Either way, I'm just jazzed that Shining Spears are finally getting their own kit, and not some 20 year old conversion kit for an outdated plastic Jetbike.

I wonder if GW'll put 'em in boxes of 2 just to feth with us?


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/16 01:10:52


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Edinburgh, UK

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
As long as they have helmets, it'll be fine. And they should do, 'cause zipping around on a bike without any face protection (or even just eye protection) is very silly.

Either way, I'm just jazzed that Shining Spears are finally getting their own kit, and not some 20 year old conversion kit for an outdated plastic Jetbike.

I wonder if GW'll put 'em in boxes of 2 just to feth with us?




That's a beefy bike, so I don't think it's the windrunners with an upgrade. Even makes me wonder if it is a dual kit with the ranger bikes? Saw someone on B&C say that and it might not be far off, but does seem like a lot of extra bits to get in a dual kit.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Tyranid Horde wrote:

That's a beefy bike, so I don't think it's the windrunners with an upgrade. Even makes me wonder if it is a dual kit with the ranger bikes? Saw someone on B&C say that and it might not be far off, but does seem like a lot of extra bits to get in a dual kit.


Agreed - not sure if dual kit but maybe the Ranger bike and these will share at least a basic sprue for the main bike itself then each kit will have a unique second sprue with the rider and details (maybe different fins, backseat for the Ranger kit etc)
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





there being shining spear model gives me hope for warp spiders and swooping hawks.

I'm a little concerned that the warp spider rumor was born out of the warp spider equipped autarch, since we haven't seen anything else of them. Meanwhile, it'd be weird to have Maugan Ra but no Dark Reapers.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I think Eldar could very well be in line for a Sisters/AdMech style 'second wave' at a later stage.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I think Eldar could very well be in line for a Sisters/AdMech style 'second wave' at a later stage.


I'd bet on it.

The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 H.B.M.C. wrote:
As long as they have helmets, it'll be fine. And they should do, 'cause zipping around on a bike without any face protection (or even just eye protection) is very silly.

You're forgetting that these are "Elves in Spaaaaace!", HBMC - no doubt someone will be along in a minute to point out how their reactions are more than good enough to avoid getting a fly in the eye at the speeds jetbikes appear to travel at...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut



UK

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
As long as they have helmets, it'll be fine. And they should do, 'cause zipping around on a bike without any face protection (or even just eye protection) is very silly.

More to the point, as far as I'm concerned the helmet is part of the "war mask" that lets them disassociate themselves from the horrors and savage joys of the battlefield. Taking off the helmet thus has a large degree of symbolism, which for me is all too Eldar.
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

There’ll almost certainly be enough helmets in the kit for everyone.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: