Switch Theme:

40k New Edition Summary - 14th June 17: Lord Duncan paints Primaris in Gravis/non-codex SM focus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Cackling Daemonic Dreadnought of Tzeentch





Working on it

Lorex wrote:
Omg i wonder if the monlith can deepstrike...
And if the C´tans can be safe behind warriors and so on...


I'm still translating the monolith but Ctan are less than 9 wounds so yes they can hide behind warriors

Dahk'ash Dynasty ~4500pts
War Coven of the Coruscating Gaze ~2500pts
Vectorium of the Thrice-Plagued ~3000pts
Cult of the Stoneborn Serpent  
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






 oni wrote:
 skoffs wrote:
 Garion wrote:
 SirDalavar wrote:
Is anyone able to read/trans the small section above these psykic powers? it mentions something about D3
You either select the powers you want or you select them randomly using a D3
?!!
That's a pretty big "or".
(assuming it let's you choose instead of making to roll, why would anyone ever want to roll?)


It says you have the option to roll a D3 to randomly select your power or you can just choose.

The reason you should roll is exactly why they introduced randomly generated power in the first place; so that the best ones aren't auto-include (and all that can entail) and the rest languish. It's the AoS model. However, if not forced to roll and generate powers randomly, then yes, I don't see why anyone would ever do it.


A lot of people roll because it's fun and oesnt matter in a friendly game.
   
Made in se
Been Around the Block




I need to buy a C´tan and more warriors.
C´tans cost less in 8th then in 7th.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/05/30 18:30:47


 
   
Made in gb
Lethal Lhamean




Birmingham

Those Tyranid leaks were interesting, weapons having different costs depending what's equipping them, I hope we see that trend continue.
   
Made in mx
Rampaging Carnifex



Mexico

Lorex wrote:
Omg i wonder if the monlith can deepstrike...
And if the C´tans can be safe behind warriors and so on...

Yes to all of them.
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer




The idea that a C'tan can hide behind infantry despite being about 4 times as tall is making me laugh about as much as that monolith is making me despair. I guess they decided to solve the issue of C'tan dying almost immediately by instead making enemies really terrible shots, and Necrons have outsourced their monolith crews to the Imperial Guard. Seriously, what's the excuse for making a vehicle which has been BS4 since it was first in the game hit on a 4+? 380 points and the best you can give us is 2 Leman Russes glued together? Jesus. I'm sure it's all fair and balanced, but come on, why even change that arbitrarily?
   
Made in nz
Dakka Veteran





Looking at the Tau leak (thanks to whoever did it, by the way! )

It seems to me that a Sky Ray is now just a bit redundant.

Armament is 6x 1 shot seeker missiles which can each do 1 wound. So, total of 6 wounds in the entire game.

Compared to Devilfish, Hammerhead, Broadside, even a tiny little Piranha which can all just take 2 seeker missiles for free anyway.

   
Made in ca
Infiltrating Broodlord





Oshawa Ontario

 rollawaythestone wrote:
Lorex wrote:
Omg i wonder if the monlith can deepstrike...
And if the C´tans can be safe behind warriors and so on...


Looks like it because they have < 10 wounds.


I imagine the monstrous keyword off sets that though.

Looking for Durham Region gamers in Ontario Canada, send me a PM!

See my gallery for Chapterhouse's Tervigon, fully painted.
 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




Yeah, C'tan Shards are actually great again by the looks of it. Hard to kill on their own merits, but they are Characters that have those targeting rules so keeping them near your infantry is a great idea. Their damage output ranges from good to great and they each have their own cool abilities.

At least, that's what is the case for the Deceiver and Nightbringer, no word on the Transcendent C'tan...
   
Made in fi
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Sidstyler wrote:
Yeah, but you know how it goes, Tau took the lion's share of complaints for it from what I've seen.


I think I saw complaints about it in 4th when it was apparently easier to get behind full cover. I don't think I have ever seen serious complaints about Tau JSJ in 5th to 7th. Battlesuits are still slow and determined enemy can always catch them, or shoot them through cover.

I doubt removing JSJ does anything for Tau at this point, however. The army has already become a parody of stompy Mecha monsters and what I've seen of the leaked rules, seems this trend is only reinforced. Nobody cares what small suits, infantry or vehicles do at this point anymore. Now it's all about Stormsurges dual wielding Riptides.

Mr Vetock, give back my Multi-tracker! 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




PossumCraft wrote:
Looking at the Tau leak (thanks to whoever did it, by the way! )

It seems to me that a Sky Ray is now just a bit redundant.

Armament is 6x 1 shot seeker missiles which can each do 1 wound. So, total of 6 wounds in the entire game.

Compared to Devilfish, Hammerhead, Broadside, even a tiny little Piranha which can all just take 2 seeker missiles for free anyway.


They do MORTAL wounds and still have both Markerlights and their secondary weapons system. They seem fine to me.
   
Made in se
Been Around the Block




 Carnage43 wrote:
 rollawaythestone wrote:
Lorex wrote:
Omg i wonder if the monlith can deepstrike...
And if the C´tans can be safe behind warriors and so on...


Looks like it because they have < 10 wounds.


I imagine the monstrous keyword off sets that though.


Remember that Girlyman is a MC aswell. And he gets it
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





WA

Spoiler:
Caederes wrote:
Ok guys, here are the points cost of current Imperial Knights versus new Imperial Knights accounting for all the smaller guns they are equipped with (i.e. a Paladin has two Heavy Stubbers) EDIT: Fixed a few mistakes, I forgot to count the Reaper Chainswords for some of the variants and somehow pointed Gallants higher than the others

Universal for all -
OLD *Add +5 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun
NEW *Add +17 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun (but you don't pay for the original Heavy Stubber being replaced, so it's more like +13 points)

Crusader OLD - 425 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader OLD - 430 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 512 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 540 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)

Errant OLD - 370
Errant NEW - 430

Gallant OLD - 325
Gallant NEW - 389

Paladin OLD - 375
Paladin NEW - 458

Warden OLD - 375
Warden NEW - 466

Thunderstrike Gauntlets are only 5 points more expensive than Reaper Chainswords now as opposed to 10 points more expensive.

Now, as for those top-mounted guns...

Ironstorm Missile Pod OLD - 30
Ironstorm Missile Pod NEW - 16

Stormspear Rocket Pod OLD - 40
Stormspear Rocket Pod NEW - 45

Twin Icarus Autocannon OLD - 35
Twin Icarus Autocannon NEW - 30


Ouch. That is a major bump in price.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 docdoom77 wrote:

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Imperial Knight leaks:

Spoiler:








Lack of double gats is a shame. But so far the index books don't seem to be about adding anything, just translating the existing lists to the new rules.
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch





Dallas area, TX

I hate to be a downer, but I don't see the keyword "Character" on that Nightbringer's datasheet.
So it doesn't matter that it has <10 wounds....it cannot hide behind warriors.

-

   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain




On the Internet

 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Spoiler:
Caederes wrote:
Ok guys, here are the points cost of current Imperial Knights versus new Imperial Knights accounting for all the smaller guns they are equipped with (i.e. a Paladin has two Heavy Stubbers) EDIT: Fixed a few mistakes, I forgot to count the Reaper Chainswords for some of the variants and somehow pointed Gallants higher than the others

Universal for all -
OLD *Add +5 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun
NEW *Add +17 points to replace a Heavy Stubber with a Meltagun (but you don't pay for the original Heavy Stubber being replaced, so it's more like +13 points)

Crusader OLD - 425 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader OLD - 430 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 512 (with Thermal Cannon)
Crusader NEW - 540 (with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon)

Errant OLD - 370
Errant NEW - 430

Gallant OLD - 325
Gallant NEW - 389

Paladin OLD - 375
Paladin NEW - 458

Warden OLD - 375
Warden NEW - 466

Thunderstrike Gauntlets are only 5 points more expensive than Reaper Chainswords now as opposed to 10 points more expensive.

Now, as for those top-mounted guns...

Ironstorm Missile Pod OLD - 30
Ironstorm Missile Pod NEW - 16

Stormspear Rocket Pod OLD - 40
Stormspear Rocket Pod NEW - 45

Twin Icarus Autocannon OLD - 35
Twin Icarus Autocannon NEW - 30


Ouch. That is a major bump in price.

They have 24 wounds. I think a points bump was well deserved.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
AquelM wrote:
 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
Are the Necron leaks translated anywhere or should I take a quick crash course in Italian?

My Italian and Spanish are pretty decent, I'll go hop in my desktop and do a rough translation. Anything in particular you want?


The Overlord if you can do it, the picture is kinda fuzzy, thanks friend

I'm going to try and google translate the monolith

Woah. Out of focus picture is out of focus.
Overlord
Top weapon is assault 3, S 3 (or 5?) AP -2, 1 Damage. Next weapon is a S user melee weapon. Extra weapon options are illegible to me.
He has Living Metal (no description); globe of resurrection (After you make your reanimation protocol roll for a unit it does something. I think reanimated an extra guy per unit within 3", but it's hard to see with the glare, and it's blurred or cut off on the other datasheets. Can only use once per game); a 4++; and Obey my will (or something). I came read the text, but it does something to infantry within 6". Not super helpful, I know. :/
Keywords are infantry, character and overlord

The Lord on the same page:
Same weapons. Can take weapons from Melee list or a resurrection globe
Same resurrection globe effect, and living metal. Also has Will of the Lord: you can reroll failed moral tests for friendly <dynasty> within 6" of this model
Keywords are character, infantry, lord
I'll get to work on the others in a moment.
   
Made in ca
Infiltrating Broodlord





Oshawa Ontario

 Galef wrote:
I hate to be a downer, but I don't see the keyword "Character" on that Nightbringer's datasheet.
So it doesn't matter that it has <10 wounds....it cannot hide behind warriors.

-


I figured that's what "personae" meant...but I don't speak italian though.

Looking for Durham Region gamers in Ontario Canada, send me a PM!

See my gallery for Chapterhouse's Tervigon, fully painted.
 
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle




London, UK

http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/53513793/warhammer-4000-general-40kg#p53513969

   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Galef wrote:
I hate to be a downer, but I don't see the keyword "Character" on that Nightbringer's datasheet.
So it doesn't matter that it has <10 wounds....it cannot hide behind warriors.

-


I'm pretty sure "personae" is character.
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





The Eternity Gate

Posted in the tactics forum but necrons are looking like disgusting infantry lawn mowers and molten slag against vehicles (or really anything T8). Majority str7 weapons mean little to deal with heavy vehicles or MCs. Indeed, tyranids are looking daunting.

01001000 01100001 01101001 01101100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01001110 01100101 01100011 01110010 01101111 01101110 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 01101100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100001  
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch





Dallas area, TX

Caederes wrote:
 Galef wrote:
I hate to be a downer, but I don't see the keyword "Character" on that Nightbringer's datasheet.
So it doesn't matter that it has <10 wounds....it cannot hide behind warriors.

-


I'm pretty sure "personae" is character.

Oh, I didn't even realize that wasn't in English. The pic is so small that I assumed it was English and didn't see a keyword that looked like "Character"
indeed that is exciting if C'tan can finally 'hide' behind units.

-

   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

Interesting that the Fortress of R is unaligned

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in es
Swift Swooping Hawk





 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
AquelM wrote:
 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
Are the Necron leaks translated anywhere or should I take a quick crash course in Italian?

My Italian and Spanish are pretty decent, I'll go hop in my desktop and do a rough translation. Anything in particular you want?


The Overlord if you can do it, the picture is kinda fuzzy, thanks friend

I'm going to try and google translate the monolith


Rough translate:

Living Metal:
Explosion:

Flying fortress: can move and shoot heavy weapons without the neg penalty

Gravitic: Always measure distances from the hull despite the base.

Descendind Death: On deployment you can set up the monolith on High altitude at the end of any of your movement phases it can drop to the Battlefield deploying at 12""+ from enemy units.

Portal of Exile: When an enemy unit (can't read properly next word so can be any of next two) even/unless Monster and Vehicles , charge against the monolith roll 1d6 and check with the Dmg table if it *wounds* the charging unit takes 1d6 mortal wounds

Eternity Gate: When you deploy you can set up any number of Infantry < Dinasty> units away before the Monolith moves on each one of your movement phases you can place a single unit in the Battlefield as long all models are withint 5" of the monolith and more than 1" from enemy. If all friendly Monoliths or Night Scythes are destroyed units not deployed are lost.


P.S: Curiously they no longer refer to reserve but to special actions Descending Death refer to setting the Monolith into the upper Atmosphere while Eternity Gate refers to the units being kept in a Tomb World.
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard




Eyjio wrote:The idea that a C'tan can hide behind infantry despite being about 4 times as tall is making me laugh about as much as that monolith is making me despair. I guess they decided to solve the issue of C'tan dying almost immediately by instead making enemies really terrible shots, and Necrons have outsourced their monolith crews to the Imperial Guard. Seriously, what's the excuse for making a vehicle which has been BS4 since it was first in the game hit on a 4+? 380 points and the best you can give us is 2 Leman Russes glued together? Jesus. I'm sure it's all fair and balanced, but come on, why even change that arbitrarily?

Monolith killing potential is offset by high number of shots (that first profile has four shots, so 12 S5 Ap-2, 6 S8 AP-2 multidamage. Even at low BS, that's pretty decent.

But the other thing that offsets it some more is the utility. Anti-charge utility, teleports reliably instead of deploys (eat that drop pod meltas!), and teleports friendly units. More of a mobile base and wall than a killing platform, which I'm ok with.
buddha wrote:Posted in the tactics forum but necrons are looking like disgusting infantry lawn mowers and molten slag against vehicles (or really anything T8). Majority str7 weapons mean little to deal with heavy vehicles or MCs. Indeed, tyranids are looking daunting.

While we will have trouble wounding high toughness things on a 4+ or better, all of our weapons having better AP than standard equivalents (and those Shards with AP-4) and lots of things with multi damage means that any damage we do get through are going to stick, super hard.
   
Made in us
Cackling Daemonic Dreadnought of Tzeentch





Working on it

Spoiler:
AquelM wrote:
 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
AquelM wrote:
 Kharne the Befriender wrote:
Are the Necron leaks translated anywhere or should I take a quick crash course in Italian?

My Italian and Spanish are pretty decent, I'll go hop in my desktop and do a rough translation. Anything in particular you want?


The Overlord if you can do it, the picture is kinda fuzzy, thanks friend

I'm going to try and google translate the monolith

Woah. Out of focus picture is out of focus.
Overlord
Top weapon is assault 3, S 3 (or 5?) AP -2, 1 Damage. Next weapon is a S user melee weapon. Extra weapon options are illegible to me.
He has Living Metal (no description); globe of resurrection (After you make your reanimation protocol roll for a unit it does something. I think reanimated an extra guy per unit within 3", but it's hard to see with the glare, and it's blurred or cut off on the other datasheets. Can only use once per game); a 4++; and Obey my will (or something). I came read the text, but it does something to infantry within 6". Not super helpful, I know. :/
Keywords are infantry, character and overlord

The Lord on the same page:
Same weapons. Can take weapons from Melee list or a resurrection globe
Same resurrection globe effect, and living metal. Also has Will of the Lord: you can reroll failed moral tests for friendly <dynasty> within 6" of this model
Keywords are character, infantry, lord
I'll get to work on the others in a moment.


Nice, that sounds like the Staff of Light. I'm almost done with the Monolith Dataslate

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/05/30 18:51:23


Dahk'ash Dynasty ~4500pts
War Coven of the Coruscating Gaze ~2500pts
Vectorium of the Thrice-Plagued ~3000pts
Cult of the Stoneborn Serpent  
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps







I do want to do an Imperial guard armored train counts as "Fortress of Redemption". Rules look reasonable.
   
Made in es
Swift Swooping Hawk





 Galef wrote:
Caederes wrote:
 Galef wrote:
I hate to be a downer, but I don't see the keyword "Character" on that Nightbringer's datasheet.
So it doesn't matter that it has <10 wounds....it cannot hide behind warriors.

-


I'm pretty sure "personae" is character.

Oh, I didn't even realize that wasn't in English. The pic is so small that I assumed it was English and didn't see a keyword that looked like "Character"
indeed that is exciting if C'tan can finally 'hide' behind units.

-


Nightbringer special rules:

Character, Monster, Fly, C'than Shard of the Nightbringer.

So yep it can hide behind units.
   
Made in gb
Jovial Plaguebearer of Nurgle




London, UK

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/page-12





   
Made in us
[DCM]
Probably Drunk




Colorado Springs

Never thought I'd see the words "Friendly Khorne Daemon" together.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: