Switch Theme:

Codex: Eldar Craftworlds - A Portal Opens, The Craftworlds Emerge, Battle Begins!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Devastating Dark Reaper




USA

 admironheart wrote:
mmimzie wrote:
as long as you are not making money off the idea you can literally do waht ever you want. You'd be even safer with a disclaimer saying it is fan made. What ever you post i'd be excited to see. I love reading fan stuff. I tend to write fiction for all my armies. Currently i'm writing a fiction about my eldar army. They are a craftworld trapped inside a time bubble in the warp. They have warlocks and rangers who wonder the galaxy looking for pivotal events, and they open up portals that bridge the gap between the craft world and the real world, and they send out fast strike teams they get thier job done quickly, and fast enough that they can make it back through the portal before it closes.


Ok so this is a sample. Like I said some is fan fiction, some are WD or GW rule book writings.

Spoiler:


from the excerpt from the Epic Cycle, "the dance of the Battle for
Heaven"
published by GW
Battle for Heaven
Once, before the count of time, before the ending of what was.
Once, before the great divide, we lived in homes of wood.
Once, when all were one, we hunted and ploughed with tools of stone,
But
the Laughing god, whose name may now never be spoken, even in a
whisper,
he took pity upon his people,because he loved them
and he taught them the song of building and, the dance of the
Wraithbone. But
Khaine, the bloody handed, discovered what had occurred
Khaine, with battle lust, attacked the laughing god
Khaine, of the flashing eyes, tore heaven, hearth and seam, but
The Laughing God, whose name may now never be spoken, even in a
whisper,
he danced and be dove, because he was ashamed and Khaine in his rage:
threatened the home of the gods,
and the vault of the heavens, So
Asuryan, who is king, communed with fate
Asuryan, whose word is law, declared his will,
Asuryan, who rules from a belly, enforced a peace. But
The Laughing god, whose name may now never be spoken, even in a
whisper,
he did not trust Khaine,
because Khaine's nature is cruel.
So the Laughing god in his wisdom sang a song of creation, and danced
a
dance of soul binding. So
Endobai, eagle of heaven, was created,
Endobai, who never sleeps, and sees forever,
Endobai, who guards his master while he sleeps. And
The Laughing God, whose name may now never be spoken, even in a
whisper,
he loved his creation, because they were as one.
together they hunted, and they ran and all heaven was at peace.
except Khaine, who waited. Until
Slaanesh, consuming heaven, devoured all the living gods,
Slaanesh, who is Chaos, scattered Khaine,
Slaanesh, who is (but is not), stood to conquer all. But
The Laughing God, whose name may now never be spoken, even in a
whisper,
he challenged the beast,
and they fought for a thousand years.
and Endobai pecked and clawed, while the Laughing god's spear
danced ,
and Slaanesh screamed and wailed. Until, exhausted,
The Laughing god, was bested and
Slaanesh bent to consume him.
Khaine, in a thousand parts, wailed for all was lost. But
Endobai, eagle of heaven, stepped between and was consumed.
The Laughing God, escaped to the web that is eternal, and
Slaanesh was thwarted.
Khaine, in a thousand parts, smiled for all was not lost, and
Endobai, who sees forever, pecks at the gizzard of Slaanesh for
eternity,
and the Laughing god, lives forever.
the end



Take this to General. This thread is for Tactics, not fluff...

We mortals are but shadows and dust...
6k
:harlequin: 2k
2k
2k 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




I run normally either 3 10 man dire squads or 6-5 man dire squads, each with exarch with dual catapults. Are they snowflakes? Yeah, but if the enemy is shooting them then are not shooting my reapers or warwalkers or banshees, you get the point. Sometimes the lack of strength can be a strength.

Not trying to say that dires are the best evah, I agree they are in tactical range, but overwatch on 5's, rending, their catapults are better than ig lasguns.
   
Made in gb
Sneaky Striking Scorpion






Azuza001 wrote:
I run normally either 3 10 man dire squads or 6-5 man dire squads, each with exarch with dual catapults. Are they snowflakes? Yeah, but if the enemy is shooting them then are not shooting my reapers or warwalkers or banshees, you get the point. Sometimes the lack of strength can be a strength.

Not trying to say that dires are the best evah, I agree they are in tactical range, but overwatch on 5's, rending, their catapults are better than ig lasguns.


That's interesting, so your big Dire Avenger units act as distraction carnifex type units in a way because they are 120pts or so they are a tempting target to shoot up. I think I'm going to have to try running them in this role and see how they go.

~400pts Asuryani painted new colour scheme
~7500pts Asuryani assembled some with old colour scheme
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Yep. And they do a good job of it too, if my opponent does ignore them then they help get and hold objectives. And honestly, 12 shots at 18" for 64 pts is pretty good if I go with 6 squads of 5. And you can put any scarry shots onto the exarch for his 4+ invulnerable first to try and take hits. Finally their rending ability can come in handy, they do a good job of dealing with other small squads / cleanup when you really want to finish that one guy off who survived the reapers or something else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/27 20:22:53


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Got my first game in with eldar and beat an admech tourney list.

Only reason i won was psycic powers. So for those more experienced than me, can eldar win with just autarchs for hqs?

Has anyone tried that?

I did the same as above. Deployed two da squads and let him wreck them. Only lost 248 pts first turn then i killed a kastellan squad and 2 grav destroyers.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2017/12/27 21:41:49


 
   
Made in us
Walking Dead Wraithlord





Dallas area, TX

Incognito15 wrote:
Got my first game in with eldar and beat an admech tourney list.

Only reason i won was psycic powers. So for those more experienced than me, can eldar win with just autarchs for hqs?

Has anyone tried that?

I haven't had the chance to try it, but I have the models for this:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/744947.page

On paper it should work pretty well. Plenty of dakka and melee. Everything that isn't a character is -2 to hit (on the final list on page 2)

-

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/27 21:56:32


Glenn's GW minis: http://glennsgwmodels.blogspot.com/
3000+ pts Aeldari Phoenix clan http://glennsgwmodels.blogspot.com/search/label/Eldar%20and%20Dark%20Eldar

 Xenomancers wrote:
Galef alone could probably fix the game in a week - hes got a lot of good ideas and is reasonable.

 
   
Made in us
Swift Swooping Hawk





Massachusetts

Spartacus wrote:
 Gangrel767 wrote:
" You're not wrong Walter.."


Hes not being an a$$? Is he? Take it easy man

Its true horrify can be cast on a morale boosting character to work across multiple squads of Gaurdsmen. However, we are probably talking about Commisars, right?

Ive not seen a single one of those used since the nerf, and I see a fair bit of IG


He is in no way being an A$$ hole... I just love that quote. lol


"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" - Maximus Meridius

Check out Veterans of the Long War Podcast -
https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar 
   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon





USA

Well Even though I don't give it enough credit. Just about every game I have won is due to Doom.

Every time I kill a big piece it is usally the last wound being rerolled from Doom. It is really big.

The other powers are nice but nothing is in that game changer category.

So I have not left home without the Farseer.

 koooaei wrote:
We are rolling so many dice to have less time to realise that there is not much else to the game other than rolling so many dice.
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




Doom + Guide = Power. That's how I run my farseer myself.

If I take a second farseer it gets fortune and Doom, but that rarely happens.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I don't rub guide much or at all. My arm is a big death ball that zooms all over the table with an autarch and far seer at its heart. Guide seems pretty lack luster if you are already refilling 1s on everything.
   
Made in au
Perturbed Blood Angel Tactical Marine





Do we reckon executioner is worthwhile? I'm thinking doom + executioner could be useful
   
Made in us
Grey Knight Purgator firing around corners




 Puganaut wrote:
Do we reckon executioner is worthwhile? I'm thinking doom + executioner could be useful


In my experience Executioner is only superior to Smite some of the time, and usually not by that much, so if you've only got one Farseer you can probably get away with just using smite when needed.

I think were it can be useful is if you take a second Farseer for the purposes of mortal wound spam. For only 10 points more than 2 spiritseers, you can have a farseer who pumps out smite and executioner each turn instead. Runes of the Farseer is extremely powerful in the context of these powers, helping to secure the 7 Warp charge you need for executioner, or the full D6 smite. You also get a second RoF utility power of your choice in case you don't want/can't use the mortal wounds that turn. I wouldn't call a smite Farseer better than 2 spiritseers for the points, but its comparable at least and you're perhaps less likely to be labelled as a spammer in casual games!
   
Made in nz
Dakka Veteran




I run a Doom/Executioner Farseer with Beil tan relic. He's pretty useful. If I cast Doom and Executioner, and still have my runes of the Farseer up, it's often worth popping a strategem for a follow up Smite, fishing for D6 mortals.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 08:42:23


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





UK

I like Doom and Mind War. The ability to snipe characters can be handy, particularly if combined with a Hemlock and/or Swooping Hawks.

I stand between the darkness and the light. Between the candle and the star. 
   
Made in ca
Fresh-Faced New User




 Karhedron wrote:
I like Doom and Mind War. The ability to snipe characters can be handy, particularly if combined with a Hemlock and/or Swooping Hawks.

A cheeky Embolden can help Mind War too, even from a Warlock because it effectively restores them to full Smite damage output, and with Seer Council it has the same chance of success. In fact, a Farseer intending to cast Smite, Executioner, and Mind War with Unparalleled Mastery each turn is probably my favourite use for Seer Council. You can add Seer of the Shifting Vector and the Ghostghelm of Alishazier to make the powers that much more reliable/scary.
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

Incognito15 wrote:
Got my first game in with eldar and beat an admech tourney list.

I did the same as above. Deployed two da squads and let him wreck them. Only lost 248 pts first turn then i killed a kastellan squad and 2 grav destroyers.


Not knocking your win, but those two bolded items seem to contradict one another. Tourney AdMech do not run any Destroyers. Ever. They are absolute garbage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 12:46:40


   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





As far as psychic powers go - I tend towards doom and executioner. Especially with the beta rules its nice to have access to non smite Mortal Wound generators and against any one wound per model unit its a guaranteed 2D3.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Incognito15 wrote:
Got my first game in with eldar and beat an admech tourney list.

I did the same as above. Deployed two da squads and let him wreck them. Only lost 248 pts first turn then i killed a kastellan squad and 2 grav destroyers.


Not knocking your win, but those two bolded items seem to contradict one another. Tourney AdMech do not run any Destroyers. Ever. They are absolute garbage.


I would love to see what you think is a tourney admech list. The list has so much dakka and reroll bubbles its a nasty list.

I did biel tan so guide i thought was pointless. I took doom (amazing) and fortune(was meh). Took two warlocks one with conceal/reveal (shroudsalm counter) and protect jinx. Jinx being against ALL saving throws made it possible to kill kastellans. That power was amazing.
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

Incognito15 wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Incognito15 wrote:
Got my first game in with eldar and beat an admech tourney list.

I did the same as above. Deployed two da squads and let him wreck them. Only lost 248 pts first turn then i killed a kastellan squad and 2 grav destroyers.


Not knocking your win, but those two bolded items seem to contradict one another. Tourney AdMech do not run any Destroyers. Ever. They are absolute garbage.


I would love to see what you think is a tourney admech list. The list has so much dakka and reroll bubbles its a nasty list.

I did biel tan so guide i thought was pointless. I took doom (amazing) and fortune(was meh). Took two warlocks one with conceal/reveal (shroudsalm counter) and protect jinx. Jinx being against ALL saving throws made it possible to kill kastellans. That power was amazing.


Usually it is Cawl + 5 Wrathbots and 2 or 3 Neutronagers and possibly a Goondozer, plus a Battalion of Cadians - usually with CP recycling Commanders, Infantry Squads w/ Mortars, and Bassies.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Ya thats not ad mech. Thats imperium.

Just because i take a weirdboy with mortarian and magnus doesnt make me orcs.


Back to it though, i think a farseer is mandatory. Curious if people run a warlock conclave how many is the sweet spot? I was thinking of running 2 groups of 5. Didnt know what others ran.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I like doom for sure think we are all on that.

From there i love fortune, but as you know i run big squads fo shining spears and i have a crimson hunter and a wave serpent i can cast it on. Usualy i suicide run in my shining spears to delete targets that can kill my hemlock/crimson hunter/2x weve serpents, and then my late game is those 4 things flying in formations with my farseer and autarch in the middle picking stuff off.

I could see executioner being good , but having it go off on a 7 and having it be abit target stricted, make it abit meh. Even more so if you only have 1 or even just 2 guys smiting, or your other smiters are warlocks.

TLDR my money is on Doom/Fortune.
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

Incognito15 wrote:
Ya thats not ad mech. Thats imperium.

Just because i take a weirdboy with mortarian and magnus doesnt make me orcs.


Back to it though, i think a farseer is mandatory. Curious if people run a warlock conclave how many is the sweet spot? I was thinking of running 2 groups of 5. Didnt know what others ran.


AdMech is like half a faction, bud. If we don't take Guard, we don't have the tools to actually be competitive. So ya, that is AdMech in 8th - take it from someone who uses them as their primary faction.

Anyone running Kataphrons at all is not playing a competitive list - period.

That being said, Alaitoc is a nightmare for AdMech of any variety because it hurts Robots - even with Cawl's re-rolls. And those do a lot of the heavy lifting for the faction, so mitigating them fast is a good idea.


   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Incognito15 wrote:
Ya thats not ad mech. Thats imperium.

Just because i take a weirdboy with mortarian and magnus doesnt make me orcs.


Back to it though, i think a farseer is mandatory. Curious if people run a warlock conclave how many is the sweet spot? I was thinking of running 2 groups of 5. Didnt know what others ran.



I tried the conclave recently. I don't like it. I prefer just loan warlocks, as you get more spells for your buck, and they are characters which can make them very tough to take out. In my shining spear list right now i run 4.

The conclave not being a character makes them too squishy and increase thier prive by requiring 4 spots in a wave serpent. Meaning you now must bring a serpent that doesn't have guardian defenders or wraithguard/blades in it.


One thing that does look interesting on paper is 7 warlocks webwaying in as a sucidie bomb squad. Have them quicken themselves, and either cast jinx on an enemy, or if you ahve a hemlock for that have them enhance themselves. Then ahve them use thier D6 smite (before or after move tohit the best target). Give them supreme distain in the fight phase for 14 2+/2+ -1ap attacks that explode on 5's. they probably won't do better than shining spears, but they are very self contained. Haven't tried it but i keep thinking about the idea lol.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
Incognito15 wrote:
Ya thats not ad mech. Thats imperium.

Just because i take a weirdboy with mortarian and magnus doesnt make me orcs.


Back to it though, i think a farseer is mandatory. Curious if people run a warlock conclave how many is the sweet spot? I was thinking of running 2 groups of 5. Didnt know what others ran.


AdMech is like half a faction, bud. If we don't take Guard, we don't have the tools to actually be competitive. So ya, that is AdMech in 8th - take it from someone who uses them as their primary faction.

Anyone running Kataphrons at all is not playing a competitive list - period.

That being said, Alaitoc is a nightmare for AdMech of any variety because it hurts Robots - even with Cawl's re-rolls. And those do a lot of the heavy lifting for the faction, so mitigating them fast is a good idea.



the most aggresive admech i know runs something like a 9 man bot list that deep strikes in, and them instantly squad protocols to double tap mode being within 12" they dopn't care about -1 to hit at all. They also deep strike in a big squad of dragoons. There's more too it but i can't really remember the rest, but that is a pretty scary force, as they kind of cut out alot of your best stuff early on. Taht said rangers can tame some of that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 15:17:05


 
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

mmimzie wrote:
[

the most aggresive admech i know runs something like a 9 man bot list that deep strikes in, and them instantly squad protocols to double tap mode being within 12" they dopn't care about -1 to hit at all. They also deep strike in a big squad of dragoons. There's more too it but i can't really remember the rest, but that is a pretty scary force, as they kind of cut out alot of your best stuff early on. Taht said rangers can tame some of that.


That list sounds awful. Putting your Robots into double-tap via Override means they are not moving ever again and are now within 12" of your opponent's entire army, which is the absolute worst case scenario. So really, they will get locked out of shooting by just about any CC unit after their single round of shooting. And without Cawl there to help via re-rolls and with the penalty for Deep Striking putting them at a 5+ to-hit, what are they really going to do? Not a whole lot. What a spectacular waste of 660pt.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
mmimzie wrote:
[

the most aggresive admech i know runs something like a 9 man bot list that deep strikes in, and them instantly squad protocols to double tap mode being within 12" they dopn't care about -1 to hit at all. They also deep strike in a big squad of dragoons. There's more too it but i can't really remember the rest, but that is a pretty scary force, as they kind of cut out alot of your best stuff early on. Taht said rangers can tame some of that.


That list sounds awful. Putting your Robots into double-tap via Override means they are not moving ever again and are now within 12" of your opponent's entire army, which is the absolute worst case scenario. So really, they will get locked out of shooting by just about any CC unit after their single round of shooting. And without Cawl there to help via re-rolls and with the penalty for Deep Striking putting them at a 5+ to-hit, what are they really going to do? Not a whole lot. What a spectacular waste of 660pt.



Or since in competive play most armies get tabled one 1 or 2 turns. Or most of the big threats are removed i n that much time.... it's quite possible the double tapping robots kill all the threats to them. Along woth the other 1400 pts of your army.

Just because your stuff dies or gets tied up, or just because you throw away units doesn't mean you lose. Of those units that you throw away mean the rest of your army has nothing else to fear from what where your remaining enemies list.

Plus the unit can have up to like 6 12" range double tapping heavy flamers. I'd only bring make 3... but that's still 6 heavy flamers worth of pain. Not to mention the prosper also double tapping so many high strength shots. Even a 9 man squad of shining spears would struggle to get 2 models into base contact... that much just end up dying to a kastelan stomping it to death.

That's all also assuming the robot player didn't just decide to use the double tap to kill any units that it couldn't just kill in overwatch... because the shooting from that unit is so strong It can just tell you yo pick up models.

Anyway. I didn't say it was meta breaking. It obviously isn't because it hasn't won any really big tournaments. I was merely stating those are the best things mechanics can do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 17:33:48


 
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

mmimzie wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
mmimzie wrote:
[

the most aggresive admech i know runs something like a 9 man bot list that deep strikes in, and them instantly squad protocols to double tap mode being within 12" they dopn't care about -1 to hit at all. They also deep strike in a big squad of dragoons. There's more too it but i can't really remember the rest, but that is a pretty scary force, as they kind of cut out alot of your best stuff early on. Taht said rangers can tame some of that.


That list sounds awful. Putting your Robots into double-tap via Override means they are not moving ever again and are now within 12" of your opponent's entire army, which is the absolute worst case scenario. So really, they will get locked out of shooting by just about any CC unit after their single round of shooting. And without Cawl there to help via re-rolls and with the penalty for Deep Striking putting them at a 5+ to-hit, what are they really going to do? Not a whole lot. What a spectacular waste of 660pt.



Or since in competive play most armies get tabled one 1 or 2 turns. Or most of the big threats are removed i n that much time.... it's quite possible the double tapping robots kill all the threats to them. Along woth the other 1400 pts of your army.

Just because your stuff dies or gets tied up, or just because you throw away units doesn't mean you lose. Of those units that you throw away mean the rest of your army has nothing else to fear from what where your remaining enemies list.

Plus the unit can have up to like 6 12" range double tapping heavy flamers. I'd only bring make 3... but that's still 6 heavy flamers worth of pain. Not to mention the prosper also double tapping so many high strength shots. Even a 9 man squad of shining spears would struggle to get 2 models into base contact... that much just end up dying to a kastelan stomping it to death.

That's all also assuming the robot player didn't just decide to use the double tap to kill any units that it couldn't just kill in overwatch... because the shooting from that unit is so strong It can just tell you yo pick up models.

Anyway. I didn't say it was meta breaking. It obviously isn't because it hasn't won any really big tournaments. I was merely stating those are the best things mechanics can do.


I'm sorry, but this is just silly. Your double-tapping Robots Deep Striking in with no re-rolls and hitting on 5's isn't going to even earn back their points, let alone wipe out 1400pt. And when your main investment - the Robots - gets tied up in combat, you are losing. Because that is a third of your army tied up and not doing what they are supposed to be doing. And no one brings the Flamers - they are hands down worse.

Good god, look, you don't play AdMech - I can tell - so take it from a veteran player who does, please. This is all just you theoryhammering a way to justify a bad strategy/list.

I was merely stating those are the best things mechanics can do.


And I am telling you that you are incorrect. To end this derailing the CWE thread, take it over to the AdMech Tactica - where I know a handful of us AdMech folks will gladly explain what competitive AdMech is and why/how it works, etc.

   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 admironheart wrote:
Well Even though I don't give it enough credit. Just about every game I have won is due to Doom.

Every time I kill a big piece it is usally the last wound being rerolled from Doom. It is really big.

The other powers are nice but nothing is in that game changer category.

So I have not left home without the Farseer.

Guide is also very useful.
Especially if you run Dark Reapers or Fire Dragons.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
mmimzie wrote:
 em_en_oh_pee wrote:
mmimzie wrote:
[

the most aggresive admech i know runs something like a 9 man bot list that deep strikes in, and them instantly squad protocols to double tap mode being within 12" they dopn't care about -1 to hit at all. They also deep strike in a big squad of dragoons. There's more too it but i can't really remember the rest, but that is a pretty scary force, as they kind of cut out alot of your best stuff early on. Taht said rangers can tame some of that.


That list sounds awful. Putting your Robots into double-tap via Override means they are not moving ever again and are now within 12" of your opponent's entire army, which is the absolute worst case scenario. So really, they will get locked out of shooting by just about any CC unit after their single round of shooting. And without Cawl there to help via re-rolls and with the penalty for Deep Striking putting them at a 5+ to-hit, what are they really going to do? Not a whole lot. What a spectacular waste of 660pt.



Or since in competive play most armies get tabled one 1 or 2 turns. Or most of the big threats are removed i n that much time.... it's quite possible the double tapping robots kill all the threats to them. Along woth the other 1400 pts of your army.

Just because your stuff dies or gets tied up, or just because you throw away units doesn't mean you lose. Of those units that you throw away mean the rest of your army has nothing else to fear from what where your remaining enemies list.

Plus the unit can have up to like 6 12" range double tapping heavy flamers. I'd only bring make 3... but that's still 6 heavy flamers worth of pain. Not to mention the prosper also double tapping so many high strength shots. Even a 9 man squad of shining spears would struggle to get 2 models into base contact... that much just end up dying to a kastelan stomping it to death.

That's all also assuming the robot player didn't just decide to use the double tap to kill any units that it couldn't just kill in overwatch... because the shooting from that unit is so strong It can just tell you yo pick up models.

Anyway. I didn't say it was meta breaking. It obviously isn't because it hasn't won any really big tournaments. I was merely stating those are the best things mechanics can do.


I'm sorry, but this is just silly. Your double-tapping Robots Deep Striking in with no re-rolls and hitting on 5's isn't going to even earn back their points, let alone wipe out 1400pt. And when your main investment - the Robots - gets tied up in combat, you are losing. Because that is a third of your army tied up and not doing what they are supposed to be doing. And no one brings the Flamers - they are hands down worse.

Good god, look, you don't play AdMech - I can tell - so take it from a veteran player who does, please. This is all just you theoryhammering a way to justify a bad strategy/list.

I was merely stating those are the best things mechanics can do.


And I am telling you that you are incorrect. To end this derailing the CWE thread, take it over to the AdMech Tactica - where I know a handful of us AdMech folks will gladly explain what competitive AdMech is and why/how it works, etc.

First calm down. When i said 1400pts i meant thier are the other ~1400pts of the mechanicus list left over. Not that the robots are gonna kill 1400pts of stuff. (this one missunder standing is the whole sum of your anger in your post.)

The robots don';t have to kill thier points, they justh ave to kill or your army has justh as to kil lwaht ever is gonna tie them up (or that can survive the over watch). The flamers are bad if you aren't deep striking your robot squad, but if you do 3 out of the 6 taking flamers is actualy pretty good when you double tap them. Even moe so if you are going to be overwatching quite soon as you said.

I do also play mechanicus, but not competively.,.. because they aren't that. The times i've seen them at tournaments and i've cared they were on the table was because they brought that doom drop squads, and the one time ireally cared was when they also had the dragoons there, becuase that meants i had two high impact units i needed to deal with.

Literally nothing else the mechanicus can do really matters to the eldar because they just don't have good tools, and all our best stuff hemlocks/crimson hunters/shining speers/dark reapers/wave serpents love being accross the table from mechanicus. It's like a free win.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 18:44:24


 
   
Made in us
Moustache-twirling Princeps





NC

Calm down? Trust me, I'm fine. Just watching someone move the goalposts a bit on the topic and directing you to the Tactica where the competitive AdMech players can correct your assertions.

And folks here need to know what to actually look for - which is nothing at all what you posted. At all. While the list I posted is pretty much the go-to competitive AdMech list.

For Eldar folks looking to kill AdMech - knock out the Robots. Everything else should be a breeze after that. Reapers will make pretty quick work of them with Starshot, for sure. Shining Spears as well. Just shoot and then go for CC, where the Robots don't get an invuln and won't get an armor save either.

   
Made in ca
Renegade Inquisitor with a Bound Daemon





Tied and gagged in the back of your car

Getting waaaaaay off topic here. Pee already suggested moving this topic (that he's entirely right about, by the way) over to the actual Admech thread.

The Eldar v Admech matchup isn't really worth putting too much thought into, since Admech is mostly pretty crap. Eldar mobility means that you can put just about anything into combat with a Kastelan squad to nullify it for the entire game, Alaitoc murders a lot of Admech shooting options, and Dark Reapers exist. Dragoons are funky, but can't save an army on their own. Just rush their lines with a few Spears to disrupt the gunline, and then go to town with everything else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/12/28 18:56:39


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: