Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Exemplary Battles Campaign Free Download - Pg48  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

Looks just as good painted too. Really like it.

Edit: it is a shame the Legion Dispatch this month is used on something we knew about though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/20 14:52:48


 
   
Made in us
Snord






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
Good to see they smoothed out the 3d printing lines on the copy they used for their promotional model.


If only they did that on the master they used to make the mould...


It's pretty laughable that on the one hand, they market their forgeworld stuff as premium at the same time as demonising 3D printing in The Hobby™, yet when you pay the exorbitant prices they charge for their resin casts, you still end up with 3D printing artifacts.

Even more laughable is the people on Instagram buying into the narrative from GW about the quality of 3D prints while willfully ignoring that noted above.
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero






 Nerbil wrote:

Doesn't this effectively confirm the rumours we've been hearing?

Not really since that's just GW speak for "We aren't telling you when this is getting released because we don't want you not spending money in the meantime". That or they legit don't know yet cos Covid and Brexit and stuff.
   
Made in gb
Kinebrach-Knobbling Xeno Interrogator






 Gert wrote:
 Nerbil wrote:

Doesn't this effectively confirm the rumours we've been hearing?

Not really since that's just GW speak for "We aren't telling you when this is getting released because we don't want you not spending money in the meantime". That or they legit don't know yet cos Covid and Brexit and stuff.


I was more thinking their mention of 'Age of Darkness' which we've heard bandied around a lot for the new HH set.

DA:90S+G++M---B-I+Pw40k09#+D+++++A++/eWD358R++T(M)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
Good to see they smoothed out the 3d printing lines on the copy they used for their promotional model.


If only they did that on the master they used to make the mould...


It's pretty laughable that on the one hand, they market their forgeworld stuff as premium at the same time as demonising 3D printing in The Hobby™, yet when you pay the exorbitant prices they charge for their resin casts, you still end up with 3D printing artifacts.

Even more laughable is the people on Instagram buying into the narrative from GW about the quality of 3D prints while willfully ignoring that noted above.

Would either of you care to point out the “lines” on the pictures of the leaked model posted previously in this thread?

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Mr_Rose wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:
Good to see they smoothed out the 3d printing lines on the copy they used for their promotional model.


If only they did that on the master they used to make the mould...


It's pretty laughable that on the one hand, they market their forgeworld stuff as premium at the same time as demonising 3D printing in The Hobby™, yet when you pay the exorbitant prices they charge for their resin casts, you still end up with 3D printing artifacts.

Even more laughable is the people on Instagram buying into the narrative from GW about the quality of 3D prints while willfully ignoring that noted above.

Would either of you care to point out the “lines” on the pictures of the leaked model posted previously in this thread?


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I like how annoyed he looks about it. That's the perfect response.
   
Made in gb
Kinebrach-Knobbling Xeno Interrogator






Spoiler:


Woof that's pretty bad. Even my consumer level resin printer doesn't do layering that poorly.

DA:90S+G++M---B-I+Pw40k09#+D+++++A++/eWD358R++T(M)DM+ 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran




My selfprinted 6mm Epic Legio Astartes Models look better...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/21 10:57:40


 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

Here is a home printed helmet for comparison. I made these this week on my Photon Mono (less than $200, $335 for the machine ashing/curing machine and 1KG of resin)

These are with the factory settings and no adjustment to the file I paid ($1.77 for ), though there are some free ones that are very similar.

This had to have been a test sample before they printed a nicer quality just to test actual physical size and stability.....or something, either that or a print from a 3d scan of the original. That's the only way I could see these getting out with them being this bad.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





The FW helmet is very glossy and shot under a bright light which makes the lines very visible, whereas the next set of helmets are a much more matt finish and under a less bright light, so hard to compare.

On saying that though, my Warbringer Titan certainly had slightly visible lines on some of the armour panels, Warlord titan was absolutely fine, so they certainly do let some of these issues slip through.
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council






https://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/08/rumors-horus-heresy-rulebook-compendium.html?m=1

Essentially
HH rumors Horus Heresy Rulebook
-Warhammer 40.000 7th Edition to the Core
-Unit Profiles with Keywords like 40k 8th and 9th Edition
-Three Ways to Play

Horus Heresy Compendium
-Formations and Units for all Horus Heresy Core Armies
-"Legion Tactics" for all 18 Space Marine Legions
-Munitorum Field Manual for Matched Play Points included

White Dwarf
-More "Core" Articles like Painting Guides, Batreps or Flashpoints

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

Its just gonna turn into another competitive meta dominated setting I fear.


And before you respond with "metas are in every game" yes, they are. And if you come across them in 30K you are playing against an outlier, or in other words, an ***hat.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




I'm still tired of this "Three ways to play!" marketing spiel that ends up wasting page count and attention span. Playing a narrative campaign was already easily bolted onto the core rules, and nobody needs permission to be lackadaisical and eyeball their games instead of using points which is ultimately all "open" is.
   
Made in fi
Purposeful Hammerhead Pilot






 Gert wrote:
 Nerbil wrote:

Doesn't this effectively confirm the rumours we've been hearing?

Not really since that's just GW speak for "We aren't telling you when this is getting released because we don't want you not spending money in the meantime". That or they legit don't know yet cos Covid and Brexit and stuff.


That's not really working for them in my case. I can wait for years until a product is out - Even now, I've held off all my Space Marine purchases until the new HH box is released. It ends up costing GW around a 100$ month, so a drop in an ocean though

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/08/02 05:46:17


 
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Hopefully we get some concrete info soon - cautiously optimistic and already beginning to wonder what Legion I'd end up painting this potential box as.

Emperor's Children
The Fourth Seal  
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

So I take it the blog post above is more reputable as a source than the 'some dude on Reddit' rumours posted before ?

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

 Pacific wrote:
So I take it the blog post above is more reputable as a source than the 'some dude on Reddit' rumours posted before ?
Natfka / Faeit used to have a good reputation, but I've not heard much from them recently.
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran




 Pacific wrote:
So I take it the blog post above is more reputable as a source than the 'some dude on Reddit' rumours posted before ?


Except it's the same Source from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/ow00u2/horus_heresy/
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer





Bristol (UK)

changemod wrote:
I'm still tired of this "Three ways to play!" marketing spiel that ends up wasting page count and attention span. Playing a narrative campaign was already easily bolted onto the core rules, and nobody needs permission to be lackadaisical and eyeball their games instead of using points which is ultimately all "open" is.

Yup, and I think it actively harms things.
Want to set up a cool narrative scenario whilst using Matched Play balance rules? Nope, rules are rules! It's narrative so I'm going to spam <OP strat> at you!
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

beast_gts wrote:
 Pacific wrote:
So I take it the blog post above is more reputable as a source than the 'some dude on Reddit' rumours posted before ?
Natfka / Faeit used to have a good reputation, but I've not heard much from them recently.


Did they? I seem to recall them not being particularly trustworthy. They just seemed to collate any rumours that were floating around.
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran




Thats why it's called Rumors and not Facts or Leaks.
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

RazorEdge wrote:
 Pacific wrote:
So I take it the blog post above is more reputable as a source than the 'some dude on Reddit' rumours posted before ?


Except it's the same Source from Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/ow00u2/horus_heresy/


Ah OK, that's interesting. It's a bit less far-reaching/wish-list sounding than the last comments that were taken from Reddit, so was thinking it might be a bit more plausible!

I am completely out of the loop on GW/40k rumours so no idea who is trustworthy or not! Going back a decade or so it was "Polish guy at the printers who had sneaked a White Dwarf into the toilets and taken a blurred photo with a crap camera phone" as the only news source, back when GW was sewn up tighter than a Nun's unmentionables (not sure if it's still the same these days!)

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
Made in us
Snord






 hotsauceman1 wrote:
https://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/08/rumors-horus-heresy-rulebook-compendium.html?m=1

Horus Heresy Compendium
-Formations and Units for all Horus Heresy Core Armies
-"Legion Tactics" for all 18 Space Marine Legions
-Munitorum Field Manual for Matched Play Points included


Gotta create a market for all those jacked up high margin products like game cards and so on.

I think GW is actively trying to kill my connection to any of their brands.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/02 13:42:44


 
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero






So just another repeat of stuff that's been on Reddit? K.
   
Made in us
Stealthy Grot Snipa





Atlanta, GA

I am NOT buying additional Field Manuals just so I can get the points values for my 30k armies and then have them change in 6 months when the next FAQ comes out. GW can GTFO with that nonsense.
   
Made in us
Stealthy Space Wolves Scout






 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:


I think GW is actively trying to kill my connection to any of their brands.



I've been thinking the same of late.



"You never see toilets in the 41st Millennium - that's why everyone looks so angry all the time." - Fezman 1/28/13
 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

I don't buy the source or the content. But that's the kind of thing that probably would grow the 30K player base. The current course is slow death. A new Betrayal at Calth-type set alone isn't going to change that.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer





Bristol (UK)

30k generally grows as 40k for people who are tired of GW's gak.
Wedding it to GW's gak seems to contradict the point.
   
Made in gb
Battlefield Tourist





On an Express Elevator to Hell!!

 kirotheavenger wrote:
30k generally grows as 40k for people who are tired of GW's gak.
Wedding it to GW's gak seems to contradict the point.


Yes I know that's an appeal to a lot of people that play 30k - much more stable ruleset, not having to buy new army books or having your army invalidated or made useless a year after you've spent £hundreds on it.

But - that's contrary to the GW business model and money tree of constant rule and army book cycle, so from GW's perspective you can see why they would want to pull 30k into that same cycle.

This is the reason Oldhammer and previous editions have exploded in popularity over recent years I think. You've got that edition, the army books, the miniatures, no-one is going to depth charge them and make the army ineffective or illegal all of a sudden.

Epic 30K&40K! A new players guide, contributors welcome https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/751316.page
Small but perfectly formed! A Great Crusade Epic 6mm project: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/694411.page
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: