Switch Theme:

Star Wars Legion News - A-A5 transport, page 48  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Leader of the Sept






I play Republic so i doubt it will affect me much. It seems like its meant more for empire and rebels.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Rumour mill says that GAR is due a nerf, likely around the token sharing mechanic (widely hoped to mean that stand by cannot be shared).

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






The new Rules Reference Guide has been released a couple of days ago.

PDF link:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d6/15/d615052c-f568-4bdc-9cf7-316727c3e251/swl_rules_reference_20-compressed.pdf

FFG overview article:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/11/19/updated-mission-parameters/

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Played a tournament with the new rules (but not points) on Saturday, despite the nerfing GAR still took the top three spots.

Really like most of the changes that have been made, the loss of stand by sharing is great as is the revamp to transports. The change to compulsory movement is really great for STAPs that dont have an order token. Really not liking the change to field commander though, although it gives some new list diversity the fact that the rank doesn't change could make bounty pointless and it just seems... cheap. 2x AAT was a thing before and had a 180pt tax on it in the form of a commander, now you dont even have to take that.

Not really thought about point changes yet, 20pts off droideka seems nice but STAPs are still a better option in the same spot. Trying to encourage full squads is nice though.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Who's got the field commander special rule? I know Aayla does since I wanted that upgrade on my Saber anyway.

I agree it's nice for opening thematic choices. No idea if it's good for the game or tournaments, though, as I'm not that involved really.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






T series AAT pilot.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Oh, that's not a lot. I had hoped I missed an Imperial or Rebel upgrade card.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Finally

Kallus and his Roman Weisenau Helmet...
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Lando and Kallus articles are up on FFG's website:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/12/15/playing-the-odds/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2020/12/15/hunter-of-spectres/

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Articles for the CIS and GAR specialist packs;
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/6/support-protocols/







https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2021/1/6/standing-out/





On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Glorious Nation of U.S.S.A!

Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


Yeah, they show up a few times through Clone Wars.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


They end up being a sub level villain in a couple of the shows, and then ended up in Rebels, as a contender when the crew came across a lost Droid Army outpost.

They all finally figured out what the fans have been thinking.... That they all had been duped, and were fighting each other even though they were on the same side. Old Man Rex, and the robot had a heart to heart that was pretty fascinating.



At Games Workshop, we believe that how you behave does matter. We believe this so strongly that we have written it down in the Games Workshop Book. There is a section in the book where we talk about the values we expect all staff to demonstrate in their working lives. These values are Lawyers, Guns and Money. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Glorious Nation of U.S.S.A!

Ah, ok, thanks. My knowledge of the Clone Wars used to be very deep (mainly novels, Dark Horse comics, SWSE rpg, and the first cartoon) but it stopped at the Ashoka cartoon so I didn't recognize them. Obviously after so many seasons they had free reign to both alter existing and add new lore.
   
Made in nl
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Grot 6 wrote:
 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


They end up being a sub level villain in a couple of the shows, and then ended up in Rebels, as a contender when the crew came across a lost Droid Army outpost.

They all finally figured out what the fans have been thinking.... That they all had been duped, and were fighting each other even though they were on the same side. Old Man Rex, and the robot had a heart to heart that was pretty fascinating.


The Rebels one was a Super Tactical Droid - apart from the aesthetic, the chief distinction is they're actually vaguely competent tacticians, unlike the T-series. It first pops up in the Onderon arc of TCW I think.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/14 10:51:00


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






 Yodhrin wrote:
 Grot 6 wrote:
 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


They end up being a sub level villain in a couple of the shows, and then ended up in Rebels, as a contender when the crew came across a lost Droid Army outpost.

They all finally figured out what the fans have been thinking.... That they all had been duped, and were fighting each other even though they were on the same side. Old Man Rex, and the robot had a heart to heart that was pretty fascinating.


The Rebels one was a Super Tactical Droid - apart from the aesthetic, the chief distinction is they're actually vaguely competent tacticians, unlike the T-series. It first pops up in the Onderon arc of TCW I think.


They use a severed head of a T-Series to track down Rex in Rebels.

Got a chance to play with the new Separatists stuff last night, not sold on either the aim or repair droids but the medical droid is filthy when used in conjunction with Dooku or Maul. Used 3x T series, two as unit leaders for B2s and one as Command option and they performed serviceably. The new command cards are okay (nuking Palp with an orbital strike was amusing) but I think they will be most useful with the 2 AAT list.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






I heard the specialists got pushed back, is that true at all?

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






For the US yes, I got mine on Tuesday in the UK.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ingtaer wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 Grot 6 wrote:
 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


They end up being a sub level villain in a couple of the shows, and then ended up in Rebels, as a contender when the crew came across a lost Droid Army outpost.

They all finally figured out what the fans have been thinking.... That they all had been duped, and were fighting each other even though they were on the same side. Old Man Rex, and the robot had a heart to heart that was pretty fascinating.


The Rebels one was a Super Tactical Droid - apart from the aesthetic, the chief distinction is they're actually vaguely competent tacticians, unlike the T-series. It first pops up in the Onderon arc of TCW I think.


They use a severed head of a T-Series to track down Rex in Rebels.

Got a chance to play with the new Separatists stuff last night, not sold on either the aim or repair droids but the medical droid is filthy when used in conjunction with Dooku or Maul. Used 3x T series, two as unit leaders for B2s and one as Command option and they performed serviceably. The new command cards are okay (nuking Palp with an orbital strike was amusing) but I think they will be most useful with the 2 AAT list.


Repair bot + STAP or Droidekas are AMAZING, btw.

Edit: Nevermind. My confusion was from these specialists having reverse names and functions vs. their biological counterparts.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/14 15:48:03


11527pts Total (7400pts painted)

4980pts Total (4980pts painted)

3730 Total (210pts painted) 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






 Yodhrin wrote:
 Grot 6 wrote:
 warboss wrote:
Is the T-series droid from the Clone Wars cartoon?


They end up being a sub level villain in a couple of the shows, and then ended up in Rebels, as a contender when the crew came across a lost Droid Army outpost.

They all finally figured out what the fans have been thinking.... That they all had been duped, and were fighting each other even though they were on the same side. Old Man Rex, and the robot had a heart to heart that was pretty fascinating.


The Rebels one was a Super Tactical Droid - apart from the aesthetic, the chief distinction is they're actually vaguely competent tacticians, unlike the T-series. It first pops up in the Onderon arc of TCW I think.

Droids really did suffer from being in a cartoon and their "Wackiness" was turned up to eleven.
I remember Battle Droids being scary in ep1, they fell flat and and more later..

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine




United States

 hotsauceman1 wrote:

Droids really did suffer from being in a cartoon and their "Wackiness" was turned up to eleven.
I remember Battle Droids being scary in ep1, they fell flat and and more later..


Best part of the Battle Droid wackiness was that at some point I don't remember if it was in the cartoon or the books but they literally made it canon that B1 droids are stupid because the manufacturers skimped on processing power in order to keep them cheap and easy to mass-produce.
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






Yeah but then the tactical droids where even stupider

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Just happened to be perusing the internets and saw some new preorders but no photos!
LAAT/le Patrol Transport for $59.95MSRP
A-A5 Speeder Truck for $59.95MSRP

Apparently the images don't want to work. That's cool. Anyways, they're both from Star Wars Rebels.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/14 23:35:51


 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






NewTruthNeomaxim wrote:

Repair bot + STAP or Droidekas are AMAZING, btw.


I worry that you will never get the chance to repair STAPs as whenever I use them they end up miles away from the rest of my line by turn 3! Does seem fun with destroyers now they have gone down in points.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






Makes me hope Maybe the Clone LAAT might come.
I still want gungan riders

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Look it up. It's a LAAT that is more for patrolling than anything else
   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






What do you guys think the odds are of getting gungans?
Gungan calvary could be GAR equivalent to the other armies calvary.

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in ch
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





 hotsauceman1 wrote:
What do you guys think the odds are of getting gungans?
Gungan calvary could be GAR equivalent to the other armies calvary.

I don't see why not. If they're putting out cold-weather units and Dewbacks having planet-specific stuff like Naboo Security and Gungans wouldn't be out of place.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Yeah but the Galactic Civil War units they put out were put out because there isn't much else to use (outside of just making stuff up, which many games set in this period have done for the Rebels). It's why you have Rebel armies with Endor commandos, Hoth Troopers, Tantive IV security troopers and Luke's landspeeder with a gun slapped onto it all in the same army. The GCW is really "bitsy" in that regard, as there's no cohesion or anything solid to give to the Rebel side (I mean, one of their initial minis was something stolen from the Clone Wars era!)

Adding Gungans, a group that fought in a single battle 10 years prior to the clone wars, wouldn't make a lot of sense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/15 03:34:41


   
Made in us
Leader of the Sept






However the Darth Maul we got was the EP1. Probe droids and all.
And during the clone wars he never faught for the CIS.
Mismatched eras are possible

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: