Switch Theme:

40K Beast Snaggas - new info on pp7. T5 Boyz.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Remind me where the model is for the cover art of Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus?
   
Made in us
Hangin' with Gork & Mork





The Ruins of the Boston Commonwealth

So now that Beast Snaggas are out... When is the rest of it coming?

 
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 Overlord Thraka wrote:
So now that Beast Snaggas are out... When is the rest of it coming?


No sooner than end of August, probably split into multiple releases like they did for sisters and necrons.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Jidmah wrote:
 Overlord Thraka wrote:
So now that Beast Snaggas are out... When is the rest of it coming?


No sooner than end of August, probably split into multiple releases like they did for sisters and necrons.

We still have two AoS battletomes (Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Warclans) confirmed for pre-order in August, so I would say sometime in September may be the more likely pre-order date.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 xttz wrote:
NGL, that Combat Patrol box is a good enough deal that if it were on sale right now I'd be starting a new Ork army from scratch.
It it was on sale I'd have one too. I love the new Warboss mini (even if GW was boneheadedly stupid to not give it a Klaw option), 20 Boyz I can turn into slightly-bigger-Boyz (ie. Skarboyz) is a good thing, the Deffkoptas are nice, and Dreads are literally my fav unit type in 40k - any flavour, Marine, Chaos, Eldar, Ork, etc. - so another one of those is great.

 ImAGeek wrote:
Sure, my point was more ‘no model no art’ doesn’t really apply anyway, as there currently is a model.
GW wouldn't bother doing new art for a mini that is mostly unavailable. Them in art gives us a better than good chance that we'll see a plastic kit.

No mode/no art is a thing. Sadly.



I don’t disagree that it’s likely there’s a plastic kit coming, but I’m sticking by the statement that no model no art isn’t the hard and fast rule it was a few years ago. There’s been plenty of examples, such as the above mentioned AdMech codex cover. Chaos termie with a big mace springs to mind too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/01 21:29:57


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Who knows. Could just be “sell the new things as hard as we can”.

Certainly just as No Model No Rules is a thing, so is No Models No Art.

I’m not spotting anything else in the same art - but the Codex May throw something up.

Sod it. This needs to a thread of its own.


No Models No Art isn’t a hard and fast rule these days like it was at one point. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get plastic death riders, but the art doesn’t necessarily indicate it, and there are death rider models already (resin ones).


Yup. If No Models No Art was a real rule, we'd have Renegades still since they were on one of the Chaos Knights art pieces.

You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Ghaz wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 Overlord Thraka wrote:
So now that Beast Snaggas are out... When is the rest of it coming?


No sooner than end of August, probably split into multiple releases like they did for sisters and necrons.

We still have two AoS battletomes (Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Warclans) confirmed for pre-order in August, so I would say sometime in September may be the more likely pre-order date.


Yeah AOS plus Kill Team were both confirmed for this month, so they're likely the next two previews.

There was about six weeks between the Sisters boxed set and separate codex release so I'd expect at least the same wait for Orks.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

We've already seen articles on Warhammer Community for the new Stormcast Eternals and Orruk Warclans battletomes last week.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Painting Within the Lines





Tangentville, New Jersey

 Lord Damocles wrote:
Remind me where the model is for the cover art of Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus?


That wasn't supposed to be Cawl?


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Overlord Thraka wrote:
So now that Beast Snaggas are out... When is the rest of it coming?


I mean, look at how like it took for the rest of Sisters to drop.
And the rest of the Kruleboyz and Stormcast are still waiting to be released


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Platuan4th wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Who knows. Could just be “sell the new things as hard as we can”.

Certainly just as No Model No Rules is a thing, so is No Models No Art.

I’m not spotting anything else in the same art - but the Codex May throw something up.

Sod it. This needs to a thread of its own.


No Models No Art isn’t a hard and fast rule these days like it was at one point. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get plastic death riders, but the art doesn’t necessarily indicate it, and there are death rider models already (resin ones).


Yup. If No Models No Art was a real rule, we'd have Renegades still since they were on one of the Chaos Knights art pieces.


I'm not disagreeing; its obvious they haven't been No Art=No Model for quite some time, but could the Renegades be the traitor guard from Blackston? It's not like GW hasn't released art showing OOP models before. I haven't seen the pic in question

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/02 12:57:52


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






 KidCthulhu wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
Remind me where the model is for the cover art of Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus?


That wasn't supposed to be Cawl?

Clearly not, no
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





OKC, OK USA

 GaroRobe wrote:
I haven't seen the pic in question


With the banner. It's kind of a weird Vraksian/Cultist mix.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/02 23:15:12


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

Those cultists are close enough to the GW/FW cultists that I wouldn't read into it too much. In general, the vast majority of the artwork is covered by a model from GW or FW, theres only a few pieces that aren't and most of those ae "close enough" to an actual model that the IP risks that led GW towards that policy aren't really applicable.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/29/sunday-preview-green-is-good/

Codex at last, alongside Combat Patrol, beast snagga stuff released separately, and a couple of other bits
   
Made in fi
Dakka Veteran




Vihti, Finland

And they repackage battlewagon with its upgrade sprue.

Good because the upgrade sprue can be hard to come by but bad because it probably means battlewagon going up in price.


This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/29 18:31:33


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Do we think those boys are monopose with the odd option for heavy weapons and different Nob loadoouts? I cannot decide as the 8 duplicates in the picture are identically armed and identically painted so not sure if it is photoshop laziness or just indicating the limitations of the kit.

Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






Why is the scale so wrong for the dreadnought on the codex cover?
Or are all of the orks actually tiny..?
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

I dread the price of the "new" Battlewagon.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Do we think those boys are monopose with the odd option for heavy weapons and different Nob loadoouts? I cannot decide as the 8 duplicates in the picture are identically armed and identically painted so not sure if it is photoshop laziness or just indicating the limitations of the kit.


The kit will be able to build all the codex options at least. They showed shoota boyz in the studio preview.

Most recent kits have a single build for each body but then have several swappable options for arms / head / accessories so not every model is identical. I expect these to be just like Skitarii.
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Do we think those boys are monopose with the odd option for heavy weapons and different Nob loadoouts? I cannot decide as the 8 duplicates in the picture are identically armed and identically painted so not sure if it is photoshop laziness or just indicating the limitations of the kit.


Gw hasn't done non-monopope kit for ages.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Do we think those boys are monopose with the odd option for heavy weapons and different Nob loadoouts? I cannot decide as the 8 duplicates in the picture are identically armed and identically painted so not sure if it is photoshop laziness or just indicating the limitations of the kit.


It sure looks like it's a limitation of the kit, sadly. 9 Boyz with the head, pose, and armament entirely locked in except an alternative heavy weapon, and a Nob with a head option and two sets of arms. This is exactly how the Beast Snagga Boyz looked in the previews and any hope of further customisability there was quickly dashed when we saw the sprue.

I have 60 of the existing Ork Boyz so I was just considering getting 10 or 20 of these to build a unit of Skarboyz. If the monopose is correct, I definitely won't be doing that.

Very disappointing.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







It's highly doubtful you can even swap arms between models in the same box. Zero chance of compatibility with any other box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/29 19:43:22


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





Hope is first step to dissapointment. As gw has been doing only monoposes for years with very few exceptions(sister of battle repentia is dual pose for one) so safe bet orks would be. Thus i wasn't dissapointea as i had expected it for looong time.

Especially with gw expect worst and you won't be dissapointed. They say now first 3rd ed aos battle tomes preorder september. I'm running now on assumption they come on 25th to preorder. Thus every sunday can't be dissapointed.

Next week ork wave 2, then something, then battletomes.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




GW's approach here really makes no sense to me. It's one thing when elite units you're probably only going to buy one box of are locked in to a single pose and loadout, but who's going to want to have a horde of orkz where it's the same 9 guys and a Nob spammed multiple times?

I get that in reality even the older kits didn't have exactly infinite posability, because there are still only so many angles you can pose the waist and arms at, but it was enough (especially with alternate heads available as well) to create an illusion of variety.

Edit to add: And to be clear, I'm no GW hater. The quality of the new figures is consistently amazing. I just wish they'd see that a small amount of adaptability - even just two builds per figure - goes a long way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/08/29 19:51:23


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 lord_blackfang wrote:
It's highly doubtful you can even swap arms between models in the same box. Zero chance of compatibility with any other box.


At this point i'd be suprised if you could as much as swap the heads between them

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in fi
Ye Lord of The End Times (and a good guy)





soviet13 wrote:
GW's approach here really makes no sense to me. It's one thing when elite units you're probably only going to buy one box of are locked in to a single pose and loadout, but who's going to want to have a horde of orkz where it's the same 9 guys and a Nob spammed multiple times?

I get that in reality even the older kits didn't have exactly infinite posability, because there are still only so many angles you can pose the waist and arms at, but it was enough (especially with alternate heads available as well) to create an illusion of variety.

Edit to add: And to be clear, I'm no GW hater. The quality of the new figures is consistently amazing. I just wish they'd see that a small amount of adaptability - even just two builds per figure - goes a long way.


People wanted cool "dynamic" poses.

Be vary of what you wish for.

2021 painted/bought: 538/575 
   
Made in de
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle




I guess the demand for Kromlech and Spellcrow Boyz will increase. Until now you wanted them because of a better looking upright pose, now you want them for variety and more interesting poses.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Sgt. Cortez wrote:
I guess the demand for Kromlech and Spellcrow Boyz will increase. Until now you wanted them because of a better looking upright pose, now you want them for variety and more interesting poses.


Given how the new Boyz seem to be exclusive to the Start Collecting kit, and the old ones are still on sale, unlike for example, the Battlewagon or the Deffkopta, i assume the old Boyz kit is here to stay, just like the old Chaos Warrios after the relase of the new ones.

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Shoutout to the Rockgut Troggoths box, 3 fixed pairs of legs but 12 arms, 9 heads, everything fits with everything else, and each arm comes with its whole half of the shoulders and back, so the musculature even looks natural in all combinations too.

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




There were a lot of people myself included who warned of the lack of customisation, increased cost etc. and yet people were largely in favour of "old boyz are old, gimme new ones". This is sadly the price to be paid for that.

Same away anyone wanting other core horde infantry refreshes, brace yourselves. 12 termagants won't be £20, they'll be 10 for £28.50. Guard saw this happen loosely with the shock trooper variety sprue, but there's no way that krieg kit is coming in under £30 as a guess.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: