Switch Theme:

Wargames Atlantic: Hard plastic (HIPS) sci-fi and fantasy kits released  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Dakka Veteran






A small town at the foothills of the beautiful Cascade Mountains

The skeletons look nice, but a little squat in the legs. They will likely be more stable and less fragile than the old Wargames Factory ones.

I think those were the best skeletons ever released, in that I think they matched the style of the Ray Harryhausen stop-motion skeletons the best.

Mez





http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.com/2016/04/children-of-hydras-teeth.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/15 18:23:30


***Visit Mezmaron's Lair, my blog....***
40K: Classic 'Cron Raiders Hive Fleet Kraken Alaitoc Craftworld |
FOW:
Polish 1st Armoured Polish 1st Airbourne German Kampfgruppe Knaust |
RK
: Cerci Speed Circuit, Black Diamond Corps | 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot





Not having purchased from Anvil, I don't know how they scale. You may already know about Victoria Miniatures and her bits.

There's Wargame Exclusive which seems on the tall side, and they do not have torsos, just full figures.

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
Would a Raumjager torso fit on the Greatcoat legs?

How about a third party Commissar torso? (And who makes the best "heroic scale" version of those? Anvil Industry?)

Kings of War: Abyssal Dwarves, Dwarves, Elves, Undead
Kings of War Historical: Macedonian
Dropzone Commander: PHR
Blood Angels Necron [WiP]

 
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





paradise on the vitae (Florida)

It has been announced there is a 4th head variants
Per set sporting a napoleonic style Shako. This brings the total number of head options per kit to an announced 192 per box)

1000th post = 7/20/11
Look at our profits, now look at our sales, now look back at our profits. Sadly, sales numbers aren't in line with our profits, but it could be, now that we've introduced FINECAST(tm), slashed staff and raised prices. Look at my hand, its our annual report... look again, the report is now DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you invest with GW. (I'm issuing a dividend.)

"There's no political issue too intractable for a bunch of angry men with pointed sticks." - Cracked article.

Commission painting, fair prices = http://lordmarcus.wix.com/marcusminis
Hand painted or primed textured bases at 0.50 cents and up = https://www.etsy.com/shop/McDougallDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu 
   
Made in gb
Stalwart Veteran Guard Sergeant





United Kingdom

 Mezmaron wrote:
The skeletons look nice, but a little squat in the legs. They will likely be more stable and less fragile than the old Wargames Factory ones.

I think those were the best skeletons ever released, in that I think they matched the style of the Ray Harryhausen stop-motion skeletons the best.

Mez





http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.com/2016/04/children-of-hydras-teeth.html


Warlord games now produce these skeletons. I believe them to be a similar price if you buy the battalion box. The wargames ones have less parts and would probably be more ideally suited to someone who wanted a quick skeleton horde.

   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 howie wrote:
 Mezmaron wrote:
The skeletons look nice, but a little squat in the legs. They will likely be more stable and less fragile than the old Wargames Factory ones.

I think those were the best skeletons ever released, in that I think they matched the style of the Ray Harryhausen stop-motion skeletons the best.

Mez





http://mezmaronslair.blogspot.com/2016/04/children-of-hydras-teeth.html


Warlord games now produce these skeletons. I believe them to be a similar price if you buy the battalion box. The wargames ones have less parts and would probably be more ideally suited to someone who wanted a quick skeleton horde.


You can imagine them as Tim Barry 2.0 skeletons. Same sculptor. Tim loves that stuff.
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





paradise on the vitae (Florida)

Halfling box Is confirmed at 40 models for $35

1000th post = 7/20/11
Look at our profits, now look at our sales, now look back at our profits. Sadly, sales numbers aren't in line with our profits, but it could be, now that we've introduced FINECAST(tm), slashed staff and raised prices. Look at my hand, its our annual report... look again, the report is now DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you invest with GW. (I'm issuing a dividend.)

"There's no political issue too intractable for a bunch of angry men with pointed sticks." - Cracked article.

Commission painting, fair prices = http://lordmarcus.wix.com/marcusminis
Hand painted or primed textured bases at 0.50 cents and up = https://www.etsy.com/shop/McDougallDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu 
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User




Looking forward to those Halflings. Will hopefully go well alongside the TTCombat ones.

They also have a distribution deal out here in Oz now, so no paying massive shipping for me
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






JoV wrote:
Looking forward to those Halflings. Will hopefully go well alongside the TTCombat ones.

They also have a distribution deal out here in Oz now, so no paying massive shipping for me


Any idea of through whom? I might have to hit them up to see if we can get them shipped over here.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User




Warandpeace games and Aetherworks I believe.
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Ah thanks, they are being advertised under the header of War and Peace Games.

Edit - For any kiwis interested the Skeletons and Raumjager are both available on Mighty Ape at $57 for a box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/09/22 11:24:10


On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





paradise on the vitae (Florida)

Just an FYI guys:

We're games Atlantic has shipping facilities in Europe, the US and Australia.

That means if you buy anything from their web store it will get shipped from your part of the world to you.

1000th post = 7/20/11
Look at our profits, now look at our sales, now look back at our profits. Sadly, sales numbers aren't in line with our profits, but it could be, now that we've introduced FINECAST(tm), slashed staff and raised prices. Look at my hand, its our annual report... look again, the report is now DIAMONDS. Anything is possible when you invest with GW. (I'm issuing a dividend.)

"There's no political issue too intractable for a bunch of angry men with pointed sticks." - Cracked article.

Commission painting, fair prices = http://lordmarcus.wix.com/marcusminis
Hand painted or primed textured bases at 0.50 cents and up = https://www.etsy.com/shop/McDougallDesigns?ref=hdr_shop_menu 
   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Wait, but...how can we make fun of Australians if they're not paying double what we pay? Who thought this thing through!?

 
   
Made in au
Fully-charged Electropriest




Australia

Well if that's the case, I'll definitely have to give the Halflings and Persians a look
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

 Elbows wrote:
Wait, but...how can we make fun of Australians if they're not paying double what we pay? Who thought this thing through!?


We still have the fact hat they are upside down, drop bears and everything there is trying to kill them. As long as there’s no skewed currency exchange rate it does sound good

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Infiltrating Broodlord




Lake County, Illinois

We can still make fun of dingoes eating their babies, right?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

 Albino Squirrel wrote:
We can still make fun of dingoes eating their babies, right?


Turns out new evidence vindicated that woman, so no, not any more.

   
Made in us
Awesome Autarch






Give it another five or six years and we'll be back to blaming here. It's gone on/off for like...20 years now hasn't it?

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Do we have any idea on when the halflings will be released?
   
Made in us
Calm Celestian





Kansas

 Psychopomp wrote:
Do we have any idea on when the halflings will be released?


I believe I read on FB that the plastic should be done in roughly a month. Not sure when the actual release date might be.


   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: