Switch Theme:

Games Workshop Preview Saturday October 17th--"Gridiron and Glory", preview finished!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 GaroRobe wrote:
What realm has a desert? The Araby/persian theme is cool, but the harlequin esque mohawk doesn't do much for me. Although I suppose it works.

All of them?

Aqshy has some of the bigger deserts, but all of them do feature deserts. Even Realm of Life.
   
Made in si
Steady Stonecleaver







I admit I keep forgetting about the 40k anime

Posters on ignore list: 33

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Can they stop teasing the damn animation and just tell is the titles of each one so we have something concrete.

Carlovonsexron wrote:
OMG Those Slaaneshi mortals... I LOVE THEM.
They're fantasitc. Love the Arabian theme to their dress, and of course the Slaangor monstrosity. I hope that Slaanesh gets units of all these types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Slaangors.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 13:50:33


   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

That was pretty nice and disruptive.
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

The Slaanesh underworlds team is just excellent.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 H.B.M.C. wrote:

Carlovonsexron wrote:
OMG Those Slaaneshi mortals... I LOVE THEM.
They're fantasitc. Love the Arabian theme to their dress, and of course the Slaangor monstrosity. I hope that Slaanesh gets units of all these types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Slaangors.




Agreed! The designs are fantastic and I can't wait to see the Slaanesh army mortals get a nice unveiling as a force. Seeing an archer is great as that's something that has been missing from Slaanesh for a long time (right now the only range is magic or a musical harp sonic attack).

   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




An Avatar of Khaine, one of those things you test yourself against.



That's a nice quote.

So,
Blood angel animation thing
'Anthology' anime (Hammer and Bolter), which has striking scorpions as first story, two Sisters of Battle as another
Interrogator, maybe-noir style detective story about getting punched in the face.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/10/17 13:57:48


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Overread wrote:
Agreed! The designs are fantastic and I can't wait to see the Slaanesh army mortals get a nice unveiling as a force. Seeing an archer is great as that's something that has been missing from Slaanesh for a long time (right now the only range is magic or a musical harp sonic attack).
And if their "Beastmen" unit are actually not your typical "chaff" units like Tzaangors and reguar Beastmen, and they're a bit more monstrous, then that's a nice niche that the Beastmen in general don't have.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 13:54:19


   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





Really crappy preview, in the end, but it was to be expected.

Most of Blood Bowl was already leaked before, so no real new here.

Army books for Warcry. Why do I laugh ? Because they could have done so from the start, instead of selling cards to gullible customers who certainly feel stupid now. By the way, their "background tables" and fated quests are more likely to be recycled stuff from previous Tomes of Champion.

Nice for new players, they can just pick the book they want to play.

We know now what are the new miniatures for the next season of Underworld, but that's pretty much it. The Hedonites of Slaanesh are nice, but they're just 4 named characters anyway.

And a few information for the anime / movies about 40k. Not outstanding.
   
Made in de
Enginseer with a Wrench






Voss wrote:
An Avatar of Khaine, one of those things you test yourself against.



That's a nice quote.


I suppose in the next scene he will be beaten up by a Sergeant.
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




Woo. A story about drudgery and misery!
How exciting.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Voss wrote:
Woo. A story about drudgery and misery!
How exciting.

Office Space: 40k?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Finishing with a Kill Team trailer I guess..
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Really? That's it for Kill Team? Just an animation?

Oh please...

   
Made in gb
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Truly awful finish.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Necron Flayed One Killteam teaser at the end of the show.

Overall great show. The three games we expected to see got a preview of new contents. Bloodbowl box looks outstanding and I'm not even a fan of that game.
Underworlds got two fantastic looking new warbands and Warcry is getting some very functional and useful books (we can argue over cards and books but at least now you've got the option).


   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





At this point, I'm just praying for more Hedonites. Warcry has had a few warbands that didn't get dedicated releases; Godsworn Hunt, the wolf riders, and kind of Mollog?, so I'm hoping they give us some more mortals. They definitely match that one guy whose coming up in the Slaanesh vs DoK bundle
   
Made in us
Honored Helliarch on Hypex





United States

Was a pretty entertaining show!

Those Slaanesh models are pretty beautiful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:06:26


Ayn Rand "We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality" 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Really? That's it for Kill Team? Just an animation?

Oh please...


Presumably a new boxed set with flayed ones and assault intercessors (going by the chainsword on the floor), because the latter obviously need to be in yet another box.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:06:29


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in fr
Fresh-Faced New User




At least we know there is something coming for Kill Team...
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Can they stop teasing the damn animation and just tell is the titles of each one so we have something concrete.

Carlovonsexron wrote:
OMG Those Slaaneshi mortals... I LOVE THEM.
They're fantasitc. Love the Arabian theme to their dress, and of course the Slaangor monstrosity. I hope that Slaanesh gets units of all these types of units: Archers, Spearmen and Slaangors.



Same- I've never been so excited for an AoS release as I am with the promise of these coming out. Goodness, the worst of the bunch is actually the lord, which at the very lease still has the promise of some good bits for conversions on him. (Very interested in the helmet crest)

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

People keep claiming that Kill-Team's dead, Kill-Team's not getting any support, etc...they finish with a teaser of new Kill-Team stuff next year and it's "an awful finish".

I was hoping they'd give us a teaser of the Underworld expansions, but oh well.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 GaroRobe wrote:
At this point, I'm just praying for more Hedonites. Warcry has had a few warbands that didn't get dedicated releases; Godsworn Hunt, the wolf riders, and kind of Mollog?, so I'm hoping they give us some more mortals. They definitely match that one guy whose coming up in the Slaanesh vs DoK bundle

Underworlds had Godsworn Hunt and Wolf Riders, not WarCry.
Mollog did get a release and counts as a Dankhold Troggoth. His 'minions' didn't, but I genuinely don't know how you do those.

Big hope right now is that since we look to be going into AoS: The Next Next Generation, we'll see a tightening up/expansion of some of the smaller factions.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
I wonder if the Kill Team bit means that Flayed ones and multi option Assault Intercessors are not coming until next year? Or could there be something more bespoke in the release?

I doubt that Necrons would be staggered that long, buuuuut it might be pointing towards a new core set.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/10/17 14:12:01


 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

Nice looking preview. Fun models. Not for anything I care about, but nice for those that like those games.

The whole thing was 100% specialist games, which was refreshing. Nice to see them getting support.

I would have liked something solid for Kill Team, as that’s the only one of them I play. A little disappointing we didn’t get anything but a loose date. I’d love to see some major progress and consolidation there, but am not holding my breath.

Ultramarines, 3rd Co. and friends, 13K+ Slowly growing 3Kish
Nevelon's Workbench: Ultramarines, Saim-Hann and other assorted oddities

Competition Index 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Voss wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Really? That's it for Kill Team? Just an animation?

Oh please...


Presumably a new boxed set with flayed ones and assault intercessors (going by the chainsword on the floor), because the latter obviously need to be in yet another box.


Yeah pretty disappointed with that prospect of kill team - the animation was nice and all but I was hoping they would take the War Cry and Underworlds route for Kill Team and do dedicated sets for factions- adding new/alternate models/things.. oh well.

The Slaaneshi war band looked really cool- very much with the feel of Jes Godwins original Slaanesh models - the Slaangor is excellent, I think they'll make a stunning army [not my thing though -still hoping for Kurnothi].

The animations look good, Bloodbowl looks like a good set, but I'm not into these things.
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




Bloodbowl is ok, I might get into the game finally? Idk, but it all looks solid.

Warcry again, nice to get options.

Lumineth for direchasm are...eh? The warrior models are nice, but the wizard looks constipated.

The hedonites are AMAZING, I love the style, I love the waist cinchers that leave their bellybuttons visible, and I love the scarification on the lord. Just 10/10, amazing models.

Animations- please do not toy with my heart and make me think there will be an animation where the Eldar aren't punching bags ;w;
As for the last story mentioned, not sure if I see the appeal of story set in a fascist, Kafkaesque government setting, we all have access to news networks IRL..

Killteam thing- interesting, but literally just a teaser.

Biggest disappointment- nothing on the upcoming AOS campaign and no teasers of the Seraphon Underworlds crew.
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Kill Team is built around existing units. That's how this works. There's been two Kill Teams that are exactly what you described(the Rogue Trader and Gellerpox Infected), and people whined nonstop that they couldn't be used in 40k proper. The same thing happened with stuff from Blackstone Fortress.
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




 silverstu wrote:
Voss wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Really? That's it for Kill Team? Just an animation?

Oh please...


Presumably a new boxed set with flayed ones and assault intercessors (going by the chainsword on the floor), because the latter obviously need to be in yet another box.


Yeah pretty disappointed with that prospect of kill team - the animation was nice and all but I was hoping they would take the War Cry and Underworlds route for Kill Team and do dedicated sets for factions- adding new/alternate models/things.. oh well.

The Slaaneshi war band looked really cool- very much with the feel of Jes Godwins original Slaanesh models - the Slaangor is excellent, I think they'll make a stunning army [not my thing though -still hoping for Kurnothi].

The animations look good, Bloodbowl looks like a good set, but I'm not into these things.


Honestly, the animations look just okay to me. The different styles might widen the appeal, but it also means they don't have a unified style, or mastery of a style. All them look a little mediocre as a consequence.
The anime in particular looks not great, and the computer generated stuff in the BA one is something I can't stand. Not sure about interrogator's style, the one frame I saw didn't look like much of anything.

As for the sets, definitely nothing I'll go out and buy. Good for people who want those things, though.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Kanluwen wrote:
People keep claiming that Kill-Team's dead, Kill-Team's not getting any support, etc...they finish with a teaser of new Kill-Team stuff next year and it's "an awful finish".
Your comment makes zero sense.

   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: