Switch Theme:

A Doom Eagle & Necron Odyssey  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot





Pittsburgh PA, USA

The Gold and Blue look awesome!

Angels of Vengeance P&M Blog

A Tale of 5 Gamers!

Blood Knights Kill Team P&M

Crusade of Vengeance - A Tale of Sacrifce and Brotherhood
www..com/dakkaforum/posts/list/545145.page 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Edged, inked and the tesla OSL added.


   
Made in us
Jinking Ravenwing Land Speeder Pilot





Pittsburgh PA, USA

Wow, just wow Gits, i love the tesla. What ink did you use on the gold?

Angels of Vengeance P&M Blog

A Tale of 5 Gamers!

Blood Knights Kill Team P&M

Crusade of Vengeance - A Tale of Sacrifce and Brotherhood
www..com/dakkaforum/posts/list/545145.page 
   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

The edging is so darn subtle man, but it really makes the blue pop.

DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

My edging has gotten a LOT better in the last 6 months.

The gold involves 3 layers of airbrushing, 2 washes and a dry brush. There is a step by step tut somewhere earlier in this blog. Unfortunately I've had to change some of the paints involved, so this one is a bit redder than the other two... But it's got the same feel to it so I'm hoping it'll fit in OK.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/13 15:14:26


   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

 Gitsplitta wrote:
My edging has gotten a LOT better in the last 6 months.

The gold involves 3 layers of airbrushing, 2 washes and a dry brush. There is a step by step tut somewhere earlier in this blog.

Here is the gold recipe:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1410/285111.page#4847032

and here it is being used on infantry:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1440/285111.page#4870702

DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Thanks Alf! Hard to do that kind of stuff from my phone.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Finished! Thought I reserve the right to change the basing on the scythes should I figure out how to do it.

Adepticrons 2014


   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Dude wow. I don't know much about Necrons except that I hate them just slightly less than Eldar so I can't use the right terms for the equipment, but that red thingy on the bottom of the center flying whatever it is really pops and looks like a crystal encapsulating raw power. The eyeball lens doohickey right above it is your signature gem effect and it looks great. The subtle weathering effects contrasts with the 'not so clean' clean bitz, the blue is a perfect balance for the rest of the gold and metal colors, and the scary little trooper guys with the green 'bruise Skalk's Land Raider to death' rifles match the overall theme very well.

Does your Warboss have that Scarab of Annoyance or whatever it is? Man I hate those things.

Great job all around!!! Wicked decent.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/15 03:34:54


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Thank you Skalk. I appreciate the great feedback. Yes, he has mind shackle scarabs. He's actually got a scarab magnetized to his back so I can remove it and place it on (or near) the base of whatever figure he takes over. It is a nasty little surprise...

I'm working on a matching objective marker as we speak. Will try and get it done tonight as I have to head off (with this army) to Lambeau Field in Green Bay for a tournament tomorrow. Should be a good test.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/11/15 04:18:38


   
Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat






T-county

 Skalk Bloodaxe wrote:
Dude wow. I don't know much about Necrons except that I hate them just slightly less than Eldar so I can't use the right terms for the equipment, but that red thingy on the bottom of the center flying whatever it is really pops and looks like a crystal encapsulating raw power. The eyeball lens doohickey right above it is your signature gem effect and it looks great. The subtle weathering effects contrasts with the 'not so clean' clean bitz, the blue is a perfect balance for the rest of the gold and metal colors, and the scary little trooper guys with the green 'bruise Skalk's Land Raider to death' rifles match the overall theme very well.

Does your Warboss have that Scarab of Annoyance or whatever it is? Man I hate those things.

Great job all around!!! Wicked decent.


This is the best description of necrons ever.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Indeed it is. I may have to sig that.

   
Made in us
Incorporating Wet-Blending







Hey Gits, you forgot one of your flyers.









Looks awesome, Gits. And the army's so compact!


And Skalk.... xD A more apt description for this army I could never find.

   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

"Humor. Ar! Ar!"

Finished the objective marker for the army. This will look really cool when the water effects are in (have to wait until later... not enough time between now and the tournament for them to dry.)


   
Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal







Great work, Gits. Cool looking army (to go with your other cool looking armies...).


The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!  
   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

Gitsplitta wrote:Finished! Thought I reserve the right to change the basing on the scythes should I figure out how to do it.


http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_30_60&products_id=371

That might help

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2013/11/15 13:00:57


DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in fr
Longtime Dakkanaut





Chaumont, France

Great Army !! But won't your Destroyer Lord feel a bit lonely on the field ? Or is he supposed to tag along the "Wraiths" (?) ?

Love the idea of the magnetized scarab (yeah, those MSS are definitely an auto-include item )

Good luck on your tourney !

My WiP -affiliated Traitors - War on Tranch : Renegades
The World Tree's offsprings - Various WIPs : Skavens, Tzeentch & Nurgle CSMs, Marine Swap
My first tutorial - Object Source Lighting
What will I achieve in 7 months? : Radio Omid is online

"Squat Hulk- in space no one knows you no longer exist." - Gitzbitah
"Now you're just being silly, everyone knows red paint tastes fasta." - monkeytroll
"Both servers are on different continents so space meteors or thermonuclear war will not be enough take out dakka hopefully." - legoburner
Please remember to tick the "Disable Voting" box, if the pics you are uploading do not deserve votes (ie. early WIP, blurry pics, batreps, ...) Thanks in advance. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Alfndrate wrote:
Gitsplitta wrote:Finished! Thought I reserve the right to change the basing on the scythes should I figure out how to do it.


http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_30_60&products_id=371

That might help

Yep Alf, that's where all these bases come from, good catch. I already have two of the oval bases that match from secret weapon, however, they have their own system for attaching the base to the flyer and it doesn't work with the Necron scythes... the base attaches much too far forward. So I have to do major modifications in order to make their base work with the Scythes. I need to order a third base and some extra GW pillars and some skulls before I can work on that.


Yggdrasil wrote:Great Army !! But won't your Destroyer Lord feel a bit lonely on the field ? Or is he supposed to tag along the "Wraiths" (?) ?

Love the idea of the magnetized scarab (yeah, those MSS are definitely an auto-include item )

Good luck on your tourney !

Yep, that's the idea. Wraiths + D-lord is a tried-and-true combo. Nothing imaginative about this army at all... but it should be solid and easy to run, which are both plusses in my book. (and thanks!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/15 14:06:33


   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

 Gitsplitta wrote:
Alfndrate wrote:
Gitsplitta wrote:Finished! Thought I reserve the right to change the basing on the scythes should I figure out how to do it.


http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_30_60&products_id=371

That might help

Yep Alf, that's where all these bases come from, good catch. I already have two of the oval bases that match from secret weapon, however, they have their own system for attaching the base to the flyer and it doesn't work with the Necron scythes... the base attaches much too far forward. So I have to do major modifications in order to make their base work with the Scythes. I need to order a third base and some extra GW pillars and some skulls before I can work on that.

Perhaps grab one of these bases, and then grab their Sack O'Skulls, and maybe some skeleton bits from some other company? It would be 15 dollars more expensive than just their corpsefield base, but it would allow you to set the scythe where and how you want and add skulls to taste?

DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

The Sack O'Skulls idea is a good one. Problem is I'd probably need 3 or 4 sacks to make an appropriate skull pile on the base, which is far more money than I want to spend. I may have come up with a creative way to fill the post hole in the big base. Will have to experiment. In any case, I have 5 months to figure out how to do it, so there's no rush.

   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

 Gitsplitta wrote:
The Sack O'Skulls idea is a good one. Problem is I'd probably need 3 or 4 sacks to make an appropriate skull pile on the base, which is far more money than I want to spend. I may have come up with a creative way to fill the post hole in the big base. Will have to experiment. In any case, I have 5 months to figure out how to do it, so there's no rush.

GW also has a skull pack that might spread out the stuff a little more with piles of skulls. But agreed, no rush on the bases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/15 14:54:36


DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Interesting... never seen that before. Just about the same price point. Luckily the hole isn't too big so one of either pack might be enough to fill it. I'll have to think about it. Can't have too many skulls!

   
Made in us
Old Sourpuss






Lakewood, Ohio

 Gitsplitta wrote:
Can't have too many skulls!

GW's marketing tag since the 1980s

DR:80+S++G+M+B+I+Pwmhd11#++D++A++++/sWD-R++++T(S)DM+

Ask me about Brushfire or Endless: Fantasy Tactics 
   
Made in us
Fighter Pilot






Lynnwood Washington USA

I really like the 'crons Git! The gold and blue make me instantly think of patina oxidization and King Tut's Tomb... Very tomb kings looking. It is always good to see non-silver crons.

Do you find them fun to paint?

3500 Pts Alcatran 88th 2000Pts Death Guard (Heresy Era Colors) Imperial Fists (Retired-To Rebuild) 2000Pts Deathworld Tau Swamp Fighters Hive Fleet Charybdis 3000pts (Rebuilding!)
My P&M Blog: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/315066.page

DR:80+S++G++M++B++I+Pw40k91#+D+++A+++/mWD166R+++T(M)DM+
Correct. Despite countless millennia of evolution, technological advances and civilisation, we're still monkeys throwing faeces at things we don't like.-Zed.

Imperial Flyers don't actually "fly" they just go fast enough that they fall in an arc that keeps them parallel to the ground. -Clockwork Zion


 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Thank you sir! I call them "Steam Crons" because I'm going for a steampunk vibe with them rather than a glowy techno vibe. They are indeed fun to play. Simple and effective... how could you ask for more?

   
Made in gb
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Mostly, on my phone.

Very nice. The bases are the extra mile!

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

Don't want to duplicate what I posted elsewhere (at least not completely) because I know a lot of you subscribe to more than one of my threads... but here are some action shots from "Rumble on the Tundra" in Green Bay this weekend.

This is our team army... (wyomingfox was my partner).


The wraithwing closes in on a large boyz mob...


Things go poorly for the orks.


My Scythes had a tendency to arrive all at once in turn two. That actually worked out pretty well for us.


Clash of the titans... wyfox's Riptide takes on a Wraith Knight.


Hope to get some battle reports in later on.
Very fun time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2013/11/17 20:36:36


   
Made in gb
Mastering Non-Metallic Metal







Good to see it went well. Congratulations on the painting win (well deserved).
I shall echo what others have said elsewhere and say that the shot with the scythes is very cool (cinematic even, GW would be proud ).


The army- ~2295 points (built).

* -=]_,=-eague Spruemeister General. * A (sprue) Hut tutorial *
Dsteingass - Dr. H..You are a role model for Internet Morality! // inmygravenimage - Dr H is a model to us all
Theophony - Sprue for the spruemeister, plastic for his plastic throne! // Shasolenzabi - Toilets, more complex than folks take time to think about!  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut






Madison, WI

First battle report from Rumble in the Tundra is up! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/564260.page#6269746

   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Orks vs. Necrons, very Gorkamorka.

Your army looks great on the table and it sounds like you offered a solid trouncing of your opponents.

 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: