Switch Theme:

Conquest! The Last Argument of Kings! (Latest: YOU choose 6th faction)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Hm, not a fan of the mage. I feel like they tried to have the model showing off too many different things and it ends up with none of them looking good.

Shield is a bit big for my tastes on the Heral of Stoned, but I can understand having it that way for practical stability. And other than that, totally dig it, Might get to use in RPGs even though I don't run any in Conquest.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Shadow Walker wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:

I don't like the crown on the Null Mage, looks silly.
Agreed. Without it this model would look much better. Fortunately it is an easy fix.

Won't removing it create a bald spot though?

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
 Shadow Walker wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:

I don't like the crown on the Null Mage, looks silly.
Agreed. Without it this model would look much better. Fortunately it is an easy fix.

Won't removing it create a bald spot though?
It is possible, depending how deep into the head the crown goes. It could be fixed with some green stuff etc. method, and even bald spot will look better than that crown

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/25 09:48:36


 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

Sasorijap wrote:
Null mage and Herald of Stone

I think they head your feedback about the pictures


These pics are 10,000x better. I can actually see what I'm looking at and they have spotlighted details to clarify things that might otherwise be missed or misunderstood. Bravo, huge improvement.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gr
Been Around the Block





Konungyr
[Thumb - 225302387_2838226869821453_2174034529933402237_n.jpg]

   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Why are they T-Posing?

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Why are they T-Posing?


To strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, of course

Games Workshop are not your friends. They are not a small dev trying their best. They are a multibillion dollar company making calculated decisions about how many costs they can cut, how lazy they can be about relases, and how much they can paywall. They will do it again. Stop giving them money for this. 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Glorious Nation of U.S.S.A!

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Why are they T-Posing?


They'll patch it post release.
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






That guy really sells the oversized shoulder pads look.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in us
Da Head Honcho Boss Grot




New Jersey, State of Perfection

I assume they are trying to praise the sun, but their arms are weighed down by weapons and wargear

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Why are they T-Posing?


To strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, of course

Eh, worked for the Cauldron of Blood I guess.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/07/29 18:05:55


What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Why are they T-Posing?


Because they all caught fish and they were "THIS BIG"

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

Looks like they’re pulling one of Shorty’s signature moves from Bust A Groove.

   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





Now you can see Skald and Stryx in 360 view
https://eshop.para-bellum.com/nords/254-nords-skald.html
https://eshop.para-bellum.com/the-spires/253-spires-stryx.html

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/08/03 14:13:07


 
   
Made in gr
Been Around the Block





Ice Jotnar
[Thumb - A detail regiments_jotnar1 small.jpg]

[Thumb - detail regiments_Jotnar_2b.jpg]

   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Oh that is lovely.
   
Made in gr
Been Around the Block





Fenr Beastpack
[Thumb - unknown.png]

[Thumb - unknownb.jpg]

   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





Nice beasties!
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously


Oh that is pretty nice.
I don't know who they're getting to paint models, but it's a better paintjob than the earlier ones.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in es
Courageous Silver Helm





They have an in-house painter. Probably spent more time than usual on this one.


Them big doggos are really nice minis.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

VBS wrote:
They have an in-house painter. Probably spent more time than usual on this one.


Them big doggos are really nice minis.

Yeah the more recent sculpts and paintjobs are a lot better than earlier showings. They've greatly improved. I hope they keep those techniques for City States and Dominion, because those are the factions I'm interested in.
Especially the City States.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in us
Stubborn Eternal Guard




Gateway to Death Valley

VBS wrote:
They have an in-house painter. Probably spent more time than usual on this one.


The Ice Jotnar was painted by Dimosthenis Xylas (@dimosxls) and he said it took about 60 hours to do. Reddit Comment

Reddit link to more photos
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
VBS wrote:
They have an in-house painter. Probably spent more time than usual on this one.


Them big doggos are really nice minis.

Yeah the more recent sculpts and paintjobs are a lot better than earlier showings. They've greatly improved. I hope they keep those techniques for City States and Dominion, because those are the factions I'm interested in.
Especially the City States.
I've never seen a company improve so much in such a short period, it's astounding. That Jotnar is fantastic.

Still some duds though. Strix just really don't work for me.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in gr
Been Around the Block





 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
VBS wrote:
They have an in-house painter. Probably spent more time than usual on this one.


Them big doggos are really nice minis.

Yeah the more recent sculpts and paintjobs are a lot better than earlier showings. They've greatly improved. I hope they keep those techniques for City States and Dominion, because those are the factions I'm interested in.
Especially the City States.
I've never seen a company improve so much in such a short period, it's astounding. That Jotnar is fantastic.

Still some duds though. Strix just really don't work for me.


I don't remember where but a dev said that the Stryx along with 2-3 other releases are old sculpts that were delayed for various reasons.
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






That seems very plausible, good info.

Road to Renown! It's like classic Path to Glory, but repaired, remastered, expanded! https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/778170.page

I chose an avatar I feel best represents the quality of my post history.
ERJAK wrote:
...probably has a some amount of Nazi memorabilia, has many concerning opinions about racial and cultural minorities, and/or likely refers to women as 'females'.
--Saying this about another member does not violate Dakka's Rule #1, apparently. 
   
Made in gr
Been Around the Block





Konungyr with the Ice Jotnar and Bow Chosen
[Thumb - 235941223_2849460265364780_4051236071237809733_n.jpg]

   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

That is so photoshopped it is painful to look at.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in es
Brutal Black Orc




Barcelona, Spain

 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
That is so photoshopped it is painful to look at.


What and how is it photoshopped.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

Lord Kragan wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
That is so photoshopped it is painful to look at.


What and how is it photoshopped.

The ground, rocks and background looks really weird.
Like they too a photo of the guy with his rocks, but then just added in the ground so it looks like he's sort of floating a bit and added the guys behind him in such a way that the focus doesn't seem quite right.
If it's not a photoshop then it's an impressively bad photo.

What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in ro
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
That is so photoshopped it is painful to look at.


What and how is it photoshopped.

The ground, rocks and background looks really weird.
Like they too a photo of the guy with his rocks, but then just added in the ground so it looks like he's sort of floating a bit and added the guys behind him in such a way that the focus doesn't seem quite right.
If it's not a photoshop then it's an impressively bad photo.

I think it's a playmat. They often have that 'uncanny' look to them when put against 3D terrain.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: