Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - The Khan  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Snrub wrote:
The silhouette with the sword looks like a running/charging marine to me. Looks like back pack with some decorative doodad on the top.

The Khan maybe?


The Doodad looks kind of like a bird to me, possibly a Dodo , so close. Was there any of the plastic guys from the leaked picture that had that sort of a pose?

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in au
Fixture of Dakka





Melbourne

zedmeister wrote:Sword looks looks european. Khan has a Dao which should look quite distinctive
Ah fair point. Corswain maybe then... He's got a big feth off sword.

Theophony wrote:The Doodad looks kind of like a bird to me, possibly a Dodo , so close.
I thought it looked like a bird too! But I didn't say anything about it because I thought that it being a bird on a back pack was a completely daft notion and would probably get me laughed out of the thread.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog - Currently lots of stuff
Terrain - Currently Middle Earth ruins.
My Instagram - I don't post much. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

And now I can't unsee it as a bird. Thanks guys.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

 Snrub wrote:
Theophony wrote:The Doodad looks kind of like a bird to me, possibly a Dodo , so close.
I thought it looked like a bird too! But I didn't say anything about it because I thought that it being a bird on a back pack was a completely daft notion and would probably get me laughed out of the thread.


Cyber pigeon maybe? Particularly effective against Emperors Children as guano hits cause them to stop fighting to clean off the mess
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Oh boy maybe we'll finally learn how it ends!

I've got a good feeling about that Sanquinius guy.

 
   
Made in gb
Thane of Dol Guldur





Bodt

It's not the khan. Aside from the sword as mentioned, there's a blurry image of it and it's certainly not a primarch model. Looks like a custodes to me.

Heresy World Eaters/Emperors Children

Instagram: nagrakali_love_songs 
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 queen_annes_revenge wrote:
It's not the khan. Aside from the sword as mentioned, there's a blurry image of it and it's certainly not a primarch model. Looks like a custodes to me.


It's a custode, the image has been shown in the other thread. I'd try to link it here, but I'm at work and not all images load up due to our system.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Theophony wrote:
 queen_annes_revenge wrote:
It's not the khan. Aside from the sword as mentioned, there's a blurry image of it and it's certainly not a primarch model. Looks like a custodes to me.


It's a custode, the image has been shown in the other thread. I'd try to link it here, but I'm at work and not all images load up due to our system.

Here you are
[Thumb - image0-14.png]

   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

I just realized, is his foot on a goddamn rock.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
I just realized, is his foot on a goddamn rock.

Yeah, looks like it is.
   
Made in us
Terminator with Assault Cannon




San Jose, CA

Well it is a character in plastic so...tactical rocks are a necessity.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






The foot looks otherwise pretty flat, making removing the rock rather simple
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot




UK




It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.


   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



God forbid anyone stands on actual ground.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot




UK

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



God forbid anyone stands on actual ground.


More of a pain for you with the clear plastic bases you've stated you use.

I can cover it with chinchilla bath dust!

Models running on tippee toes can be a pain though. I never liked the extra time to hold the running Cadian in place due to the small contact area.

   
Made in pl
Tunneling Trygon





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



God forbid anyone stands on actual ground.

They are heroes so far removed from others that their feet cannot stand the abomination of a simple base.
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





Problem being this makes making various bases hard. My skarbrand looks bit weird on ice base

2021 painted/bought: 857/1043 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




GW adding interest to bases is a good thing. Any opinion to the contrary is wrong.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

JSG wrote:
GW adding interest to bases is a good thing. Any opinion to the contrary is wrong.


That opinion is not mine therefore it's wrong.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



God forbid anyone stands on actual ground.


But the floor is lava!

alphaecho wrote:
Models running on tippee toes can be a pain though. I never liked the extra time to hold the running Cadian in place due to the small contact area.


I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

With good plastic cement you cover the contact points of both parts with glue, give it five to ten second to start a reaction, put them together and apply pressure for a second or two. Stuff shouldn't come apart again after that.

With GW models especially I'm not sure why an even larger surface to stand the model on is desirable given the oversized feet GW usually puts on their models. It makes sense as it goes with the general heroic proportions, and it has the added benfit of providing a large surface to glue on the base. Adding a tactical rock for stability alone is overkill.

Even the Witch Elves I cut from their tactical rocks that only have actual, tiny triangles of the tip of their feet to keep them on the bases are sooner going to snap at the ankle than lose the glued connection.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Torch-Wielding Lunatic




Exeter, UK

alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



Or it's the replacement for the slotta tab that used to fit into slotta bases. Now, to keep a model in place, one needs a big, flat rock to glue to the base-top.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Shakalooloo wrote:
alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



Or it's the replacement for the slotta tab that used to fit into slotta bases. Now, to keep a model in place, one needs a big, flat rock to glue to the base-top.


Most of the rocks GW puts their characters on are kinda small, just look at the Emperor's Champion for example, it's standing on a rock barely larger than is foot.

Besides, things like Skitarii have tiny feet and no rocks under them, and yet they're very stable.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps





United States

alphaecho wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
alphaecho wrote:



It could be a new design standard to allow easy posing of dynamic miniatures that do not possess what HBMC refers to as 'swirly gak'.



God forbid anyone stands on actual ground.


More of a pain for you with the clear plastic bases you've stated you use.

I can cover it with chinchilla bath dust!

Models running on tippee toes can be a pain though. I never liked the extra time to hold the running Cadian in place due to the small contact area.


I read that as "Chinchilla Bath Salts" and was very, very amused....

   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot




UK

 Geifer wrote:


alphaecho wrote:
Models running on tippee toes can be a pain though. I never liked the extra time to hold the running Cadian in place due to the small contact area.


I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

With good plastic cement you cover the contact points of both parts with glue, give it five to ten second to start a reaction, put them together and apply pressure for a second or two. Stuff shouldn't come apart again after that.

With GW models especially I'm not sure why an even larger surface to stand the model on is desirable given the oversized feet GW usually puts on their models. It makes sense as it goes with the general heroic proportions, and it has the added benfit of providing a large surface to glue on the base. Adding a tactical rock for stability alone is overkill.

Even the Witch Elves I cut from their tactical rocks that only have actual, tiny triangles of the tip of their feet to keep them on the bases are sooner going to snap at the ankle than lose the glued connection.



No, definitely more time than a small dab on the feet of the two feet on the ground models. Plus a little extra time to prevent them developing a bit of a lean.

So glad there was only one per sprue of five Guardsmen.

   
Made in us
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit





United States

Lets us pray they dont end up only showing the box that we have known about for 4-5 months.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also, use super glue and accelerant, problem solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/29 06:55:19


 
   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Lets us pray they dont end up only showing the box that we have known about for 4-5 months.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also, use super glue and accelerant, problem solved.


I can imagine worse things.. like, what if they don't show the new HH box this time either? That'd mean we'd still be way off from the actual release. If they at least show it, it cannot be too far off

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/29 07:12:26


 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Lets us pray they dont end up only showing the box that we have known about for 4-5 months.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also, use super glue and accelerant, problem solved.


I’d be pretty damn happy if that’s all they show.
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




 ImAGeek wrote:
 Midnightdeathblade wrote:
Lets us pray they dont end up only showing the box that we have known about for 4-5 months.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also, use super glue and accelerant, problem solved.


I’d be pretty damn happy if that’s all they show.



Same, I'd like to see what we saw in the leaks in more detail, and see what comes in each kit as options tbh, the Contemptor in particular.
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

I'm really not expecting the box to be shown. Just a hunch that a release of that size would probably be saved for a summer slot. Hope to be wrong.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/10/29 08:36:36


The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
(HN) wrote:
It's an objectively mediocre book from the rule, lore, edition, content, hobby point of view.
 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




United Kingdom

Remus Ventanus is up - £32
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: