Switch Theme:

Aeldari rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Pious Warrior Priest

UK

I like the head design, they're clearly going for a funeral mask vibe.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

 DarkStarSabre wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
Alternatively, they could've picked the two Aspects with old v1.0 sculpts and prioritised them, while added new Phoenix Lords to the range at the same time - and the latter are closer to guaranteed new sales than resculpts are.

Now, thanks to Potato-cam we appear to have one of those two Aspects getting a resculpt, though the rumours in here indicate GW have dropped the ball by not giving them a PL...

Wait, did I just literally read...

You asking for them to release an entirely new special character just to cater to one of your two demands rather then bring an older existing special character from the early 90s up to standard?

So rather than have them release thematic batches of Aspect and Phoenix Lord, you literally were prepared to piss yourself and throw a fit and instead demand a COMPLETELY NEW CHARACTER just to meet your demands?

Is this a bit?

No, it wasn't a bit - was your lack of reading comprehension a bit?

Your characterisation of my post would indicate it is a genuine problem, which is unfortunate.

2021-4 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My Pile of Potential - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.

 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army...

tneva82 wrote:
You aren't even trying ty pretend for honest arqument. Open bad faith trolling.
- No reason to keep this here, unless people want to use it for something...

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Siegfriedfr wrote:
 Nazrak wrote:
Finding some of the criticism of this new kit quite weird – they're basically just a plastic version of the current DR models but people seem to be reacting to design elements of those as though they're new to the plastics?

Also, I'm glad they look nothing like that one above. Taste is subjective and all but "ditch the established Eldar aesthetic of 30-odd years in favour of some overly-busy generic sci-fi crap" doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation to me.

What about the middle ground between 20-years old design and busy 3D printed sci-fi?

The whole point isn't [u]that the picture 2 post above is the end all be all of modern SCI FI design, but GW sure as hell didn't take any design risks, and change is definitely a good thing.

I guarantee you that if GW didn't stick to certain elements the grognards would have lost their gak.

While I think the faces aren't the greatest it's pretty minor, but it amazes me how the internet collectively lost it's gak. I think I had nothing but reapers in my feed for hours.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/18 17:53:35

Made in de
Emboldened Warlock

Loud minority. Long-time Eldar fans like myself are just happy that Jes Goodwin's designs are faithfully recreated with today's advancements in plastic miniature design and are not tampered with like during 3rd Edition.

Made in gb
Been Around the Block

 stahly wrote:
Loud minority. Long-time Eldar fans like myself are just happy that Jes Goodwin's designs are faithfully recreated with today's advancements in plastic miniature design and are not tampered with like during 3rd Edition.

Even through Jes himself did the tampering?

Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon

Nope, those were Mike McVey if memory serves. Shortly before he nicked off to Privateer Press.

Made in gb
Disassembled Parts Inside a Talos

BOLS has fuzzy pictures of the ynarri, and wraithknight

Made in us
Defending Guardian Defender

The human brain is amazing at reading facial expressions, and there is something about the faces of these new Dark Reaper models that look off.

I think that perhaps it could be the positioning of the eyes and the mouth - which could be slightly wider to avoid looking like a duck face.

Do I love the models anyway? Heck yes.

Will I buy them, and all other space elves goodies GW is throwing at us? Heck yes.

Am I as happy as a tabletop hobbyist can possibly be at the prospect of loads of new models for my favorite army? YES!

Made in gb
Killer Klaivex

The dark behind the eyes.

zanzibarthefirst wrote:
BOLS has fuzzy pictures of the ynarri, and wraithknight

Link?

 blood reaper wrote:
I will respect human rights and trans people but I will never under any circumstances use the phrase 'folks' or 'ya'll'. I would rather be killed by firing squad.

 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.

 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"

Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.

 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.

Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain

 vipoid wrote:
zanzibarthefirst wrote:
BOLS has fuzzy pictures of the ynarri, and wraithknight

Link?

I tried to find them. Couldn't.

EDIT: Also, there certainly aren't new wraithknight or Ynnari things coming? So fyzzy pics of existing models? What?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/18 19:21:51

Made in gb
Killer Klaivex

The dark behind the eyes.

Troupe Master has been leaked on Bolter and Chainsword (potato camera but still just about readable):

 Crimson wrote:
 vipoid wrote:
zanzibarthefirst wrote:
BOLS has fuzzy pictures of the ynarri, and wraithknight

Link?

I tried to find them. Couldn't.

EDIT: Also, there certainly aren't new wraithknight or Ynnari things coming? So fyzzy pics of existing models? What?

I wondered if perhaps he meant pictures of the Ynnari rules?

 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

All I could find was a Spiky Bits article which is indeed showing blurry rules and no new model.

A Blog in Miniature

3D Printing, hobbying and model fun!

Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon

UK

They are getting harlequins in the book? I though they would be allies only with their own codex.

Made in nl
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine

The Netherlands

 Crimson wrote:
 vipoid wrote:
zanzibarthefirst wrote:
BOLS has fuzzy pictures of the ynarri, and wraithknight

Link?

I tried to find them. Couldn't.

EDIT: Also, there certainly aren't new wraithknight or Ynnari things coming? So fyzzy pics of existing models? What?

It's probably just the rules leak from the 7th, which had a potatocam of the Wraithknight and Yncarne datasheets. A summary is in the first post of this thread.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

 ceorron wrote:
They are getting harlequins in the book? I though they would be allies only with their own codex.

I think rather like how the Inquisition tried their own book and then got absorbed back in, the same is happening with Harlequins.

I think GW wants to keep armies with their own book at a certain size of model range. Same as how we've seen Sisters of Silence get moved into Custodes (which I'm surprised didn't happen last edition; though I think in their case SoS started out as the "new" Sisters of Battle and then got put to one side when SoB became a major focus of a revamp).

A Blog in Miniature

3D Printing, hobbying and model fun!

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Dallas area, TX

 ceorron wrote:
They are getting harlequins in the book? I though they would be allies only with their own codex.
The way you build armies since 8th ed, it doesn't matter if units are in the same book or not. Harlequins do not have the <Craftworld> keyword, nor do Craftworld Eldar have the <Masque> keyword.
So they'll have to be in separate detachments regardless. The same would happen if you wanted to take Dark Eldar; they'd be a separate detachment.

Ynnari might be an exception, but you trade the relevant <Craftworld>, <Masque>, <Kabal> or whatever abilities by taking a Ynnari detachment.

I really don't understand why people are either puzzled, or in some cases lose their $h!+ over Harlies being rolled into the main Aeldari codex. Marines were the same. All their Chapters are in the same book now, with supplements for most of them.
Dark Eldar have their own book because they are so different, just like Grey Knights

-

 Galef wrote:
 ceorron wrote:
[...]

I don't like it. They are as different from normal eldar as dark eldar are and they are about the right size for their own book. Taking them as allies makes much more sense to me fluff wise too.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

In the past they were always allies/part of the Craftworld/Eldar force. It's only very recently that they ever got more than a handful of models for their own army (at least unless we go back to potentially the Rogue Trader days).

They are right on the cusp of being just big enough for their own book and being just too small. It might just be that GW doesn't have any vision to expanding them and trebling their model line to bring them "up" to a normal army standard. Or perhaps there just aren't the production slots for another 5-10 years. Heck perhaps they just don't sell well or GW only rarely sees them used on their own etc.

Being rolled into the book though isn't a bad thing; they won't lose any models through that (or at least shouldn't). There's always a chance for them to splinter off again in the future.

A Blog in Miniature

3D Printing, hobbying and model fun!

Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut

callocx wrote:
The human brain is amazing at reading facial expressions, and there is something about the faces of these new Dark Reaper models that look off.

Well yeah, the brain knows the image of a skull is defined by negative spaces. It's literally all about what's not there.

When you put an exaggerated teeth line on what looks like a full face, it will always look wrong.

Compare the previews to something like this.

Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend

Australia

To accompany that Harlequin picture:

General:
>Codex expected mid-late Feb, followed by Renegade Knights in march and Chaos April
>>Space Marine codex 2 Electric Blugaloo within 6 months. No Necron v2 intended
>>>New Redemptor variant, new models, new supplements

Craftworlds
War walkers still in codex - datasheet later
Wraithlords Elites
At least three brand new units will be released in 2023 not aspects (corsairs, and quin unit hint)
Warlock Skyrunners don't gain additional powers from more models in the unit (Moarleaks checking to confirm to confirm)

Harlequins:
Troupe Master datasheet revealed showing huge amounts of weapon info
>Choreographer of war gives reroll 1 on wound aura
>Different harlequin weapons now give special keywords to the model/unit
>Three abilities with info on another page (core abilities?) Harlequins Panoply, Luck of the Laughing God, Rising Crescendo
>>Luck gives free rerolls
Troupes:
>Still 4++
>Fusion pistol new D6+2, no limit on taking them
>All melee +1S AP2 D2
>Each of their weapons have a related stratagem
>>One will give mortal wounds on 6s (likely kiss)
>>One of the other two will ignore invulns
New Masque system complete with WL trait, relic and Strat
>Can give advance and shoot, as well as attack before removing model in melee
Shuriken Cannon shown on starweaver datasheet (only shown weapon profile)

Corsairs:
>Kill team content, will be revealed soon

The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal

Made in us
Terrifying Doombull

War walkers still in codex - datasheet later

What's the context for this?

Why wouldn't it be in the codex, and why then 'datasheet later?'

Efficiency is the highest virtue.

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

Voss wrote:
War walkers still in codex - datasheet later

What's the context for this?

Why wouldn't it be in the codex, and why then 'datasheet later?'

Possibly they are getting a new kit with new options but later this year, but no updated rules for the new options until the kit drops.

Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor

Gathering the Informations.

Voss wrote:
War walkers still in codex - datasheet later

What's the context for this?

Why wouldn't it be in the codex, and why then 'datasheet later?'

There were people(BoLS/Faeit) saying that War Walkers were getting dumped.

"Datasheet later" simply means they'll likely show it later.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

Silly question, but any thoughts about an April release for Codex: Aeldari?

Might get the Drukhari Codex in the meantime, if its only two books now...

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

Made in gb
Preparing the Invasion of Terra

Considering the Omens boxset is getting a February release, an April Codex for Craftworlds would be a bit odd even with Covid delays.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

Omens could pre-order on the last week of Feb whilst a codex could preorder in the first week of April. That would be a 3-4 week gap but not abnormally huge these days. Esp as the box will technically have rules in the box for the models.

A Blog in Miniature

3D Printing, hobbying and model fun!

Made in gb
Preparing the Invasion of Terra

It won't be though. This coming Saturday is Nachmund GT/Matched Play stuff, all the KT stuff, Necromunda Outcasts, Delaque weapons, and some other stuff. Next week will probably be Vigilus Alone and the Wars of Faith Crusade books and possibly the announcement of the next KT box. The only other confirmed release at this time is the Omens box unless I am mistaken.

Made in gb
Disassembled Parts Inside a Talos

https://spikeybits.com/2022/01/rumors-new-eldar-wraithknight-datasheet-40k-rules.html

https://spikeybits.com/2022/01/rumors-tons-of-new-eldar-codex-rules-pictures-leaked.html

Link for wraithknight rules.

Sorry it was spikeybits not BOLS.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/18 21:41:01

Made in pt
Inquisitorial Keeper of the Xenobanks

your mind

Different weapons now give different keywords? And stratagems? Jeebus, stop with the card gamey baloney and make a decent tabletop wargame already GW holy moly… buying into current 40k is like buying an economy hatchback with all the glitzy plastic spoilers and wheel covers with a three cylinder engine and a transmission made of unicorn nuts.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/18 21:49:07

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Dallas area, TX

 ceorron wrote:
Spoiler:
 Galef wrote:
 ceorron wrote:
[...]

Did you even read my whole post?
Let me rephrase myself: Just because Harlies are in the same book as CWE, DOES NOT MEAN HARLIES ARE PART OF CWE.
Blood Angel and Dark Angels didn't magically become part of an Ultramarine army just because they rolled them into the same codex. And they then got their own supplement.
Who's to say Harlies won't eventually get a supplement?

In any case, you STILL bring them as allies. You just have LESS books to buy. Hallelujah!

I think it was smart of GW to update these in the same release, since both use similar weapons that are getting updated (Shurikens be AP-1, Aeldari power swords being +1S, etc). It shows there's at least some level of consistency behind the scenes.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/18 21:52:58

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: