Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar N & R. : pg.46 Lumineth articles and endless spells.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





So confirmation fb post wasn't error(except possibly too soon leaked error)

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

zamerion wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

ungry to collect some aelves? The Lumineth Realm-lords will be arriving in September,


Sigh... Aelves...

AoS must be giving their spell checkers fits.

 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
zamerion wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

ungry to collect some aelves? The Lumineth Realm-lords will be arriving in September,


Sigh... Aelves...

AoS must be giving their spell checkers fits.


A new Rosetta-type stone was found near Nottingham recently by an employee of GW. It was buried a full 6” move distance in the sand of a kindergartn sandbox. That along with some cutting edge design action figures which they have adapted to be the next generation of Space Marines.

New army transports also coming with Hello Kitty-type faces on it, though not Hello Kitty but some sort of Dark Mechanicus cat.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
zamerion wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

ungry to collect some aelves? The Lumineth Realm-lords will be arriving in September,


Sigh... Aelves...

AoS must be giving their spell checkers fits.
It still makes me cringe a little. Though not as much as "deadwalkers" does.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in at
Rough Rider with Boomstick





 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
zamerion wrote:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/27/the-aelven-pantheon/

ungry to collect some aelves? The Lumineth Realm-lords will be arriving in September,


Sigh... Aelves...

AoS must be giving their spell checkers fits.
It still makes me cringe a little. Though not as much as "deadwalkers" does.

"Deathrattle" will be my favourite, after Fyre-slayers of course.
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Aelves is not the worst of the AoS names, not even among the worse, but one of the attractive bits of Fantasy and 40k was the use of easily recognizable tropes. To someone with even a passing knowledge of fantasy there's no need to explain what an Orc or Zombie or Lizardman is. GW's unique version of them needs filling in of course but once you hear the name you're pretty much ready to go.

The more nonsensical the names become the less accessible the game is. Dark Elves is easy to understand, Druhilli or whatever they're now called is not. And Seraphons and Fyre Slayers and Khapratic Overlords are right out.

 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
The more nonsensical the names become the less accessible the game is. Dark Elves is easy to understand...

Those were the bad guys in that not-so-good Thor movie, right? Sometimes you don't want to be associated with a generic name anymore...

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




 Ghaz wrote:
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
The more nonsensical the names become the less accessible the game is. Dark Elves is easy to understand...

Those were the bad guys in that not-so-good Thor movie, right? Sometimes you don't want to be associated with a generic name anymore...


Bah. The invasion of the palace was the most 40k scene in anything. Vortex grenades, idiots trying to swordfight in sci-fi, stormshields, flying transports to drop troops into assault range, etc

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






High/Dark/Wood Elves are all gone. Not simply rebranded but actually dead. Unlike armies like Lizardmen-->Seraphon or Orcs-->Orruks they were destroyed in the End Times and never made it to the AoS setting. The closest we have is Wanderers, which are analogous enough to Wood Elves, but still have significant differences to mark them as an entirely separate culture. Meanwhile the likes of Darkling Covens, Corsairs or DoK share models with the Dark Elves of old but are literally and figuratively different armies.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
High/Dark/Wood Elves are all gone. Not simply rebranded but actually dead. Unlike armies like Lizardmen-->Seraphon or Orcs-->Orruks they were destroyed in the End Times and never made it to the AoS setting. The closest we have is Wanderers, which are analogous enough to Wood Elves, but still have significant differences to mark them as an entirely separate culture. Meanwhile the likes of Darkling Covens, Corsairs or DoK share models with the Dark Elves of old but are literally and figuratively different armies.


And I will still field a Cities of Sigmar army and call them Dark Elves. Or the Empire, for that matter.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in pl
Dakka Veteran




more power to you, no one can take away your headcanon.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






The chit chat about names is nice and all, but how about dat news eh?
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






There isn't any.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[.]






.

The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 Alpharius wrote:
The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.


Aside from starter sets, it doesn't look like we're going to see much of anything else for 40k until October. We already know the Lumineth are coming in September, and I'd be willing to bet that Sons of Behemat will drop before October, as well - especially since it's really just a book and one box kit.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

Thousand Sons
Renegade Astartes The Scourged
Daemons

DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in gb
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





There’s also some Warcry and Underworlds stuff to go before then, even if that’s more “AoS adjacent” than a ‘real’ AoS release.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.


Aside from starter sets, it doesn't look like we're going to see much of anything else for 40k until October. We already know the Lumineth are coming in September, and I'd be willing to bet that Sons of Behemat will drop before October, as well - especially since it's really just a book and one box kit.


Good candinate for august release. Lumineth in september, 40k codexes(2) in october with plenty of new kits. What comes in august? 40k starters but that's 1 week. Maybe some marine/necron models comes before codex. But SoB would fit well to august that's atm fairly empty looking.

Oh and august-september I expect LOTR releases previewed in spring to come finally as well.

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





tneva82 wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.


Aside from starter sets, it doesn't look like we're going to see much of anything else for 40k until October. We already know the Lumineth are coming in September, and I'd be willing to bet that Sons of Behemat will drop before October, as well - especially since it's really just a book and one box kit.


Good candinate for august release. Lumineth in september, 40k codexes(2) in october with plenty of new kits. What comes in august? 40k starters but that's 1 week. Maybe some marine/necron models comes before codex. But SoB would fit well to august that's atm fairly empty looking.

Oh and august-september I expect LOTR releases previewed in spring to come finally as well.

they've also announced a bunch of 40k characters which could be released in august-september

 
   
Made in gb
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





terry wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.


Aside from starter sets, it doesn't look like we're going to see much of anything else for 40k until October. We already know the Lumineth are coming in September, and I'd be willing to bet that Sons of Behemat will drop before October, as well - especially since it's really just a book and one box kit.


Good candinate for august release. Lumineth in september, 40k codexes(2) in october with plenty of new kits. What comes in august? 40k starters but that's 1 week. Maybe some marine/necron models comes before codex. But SoB would fit well to august that's atm fairly empty looking.

Oh and august-september I expect LOTR releases previewed in spring to come finally as well.

they've also announced a bunch of 40k characters which could be released in august-september

They confirmed that Underworlds is getting stuff in August, as is Necromunda, and there’s Warcry stuff that’s been teased but not properly announced yet.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Mr_Rose wrote:
terry wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
The news is that there is no news?!?

I think we might be waiting a while for the New Stuff as 40K 9th takes the lead for a bit.


Aside from starter sets, it doesn't look like we're going to see much of anything else for 40k until October. We already know the Lumineth are coming in September, and I'd be willing to bet that Sons of Behemat will drop before October, as well - especially since it's really just a book and one box kit.


Good candinate for august release. Lumineth in september, 40k codexes(2) in october with plenty of new kits. What comes in august? 40k starters but that's 1 week. Maybe some marine/necron models comes before codex. But SoB would fit well to august that's atm fairly empty looking.

Oh and august-september I expect LOTR releases previewed in spring to come finally as well.

they've also announced a bunch of 40k characters which could be released in august-september

They confirmed that Underworlds is getting stuff in August, as is Necromunda, and there’s Warcry stuff that’s been teased but not properly announced yet.


And also Warcry stuff that has been announced (Scions of the Flame).
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka




UK

I had forgotten about the scions! To be fair gw hasn't mentioned them in ages either andvhas only shown 3 ofbtge daughters warband

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Overread wrote:
I had forgotten about the scions! To be fair gw hasn't mentioned them in ages either andvhas only shown 3 ofbtge daughters warband

Scions were an initial-ish launch warband.

The Daughters-adjacent warband was supposed to be the 'start of something new'.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: