Switch Theme:

Warhammer Quest: Cursed City - News and Rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in ie
Been Around the Block





Cork Ireland

Crossed my mind it being an error, but you wouldnt know, 10 copies and a site as popular as Wayland. I had some serious delays with them at the start of the year, Im hoping thats all been ironed out should I end up ordering from them again
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran



South East London

I think some of the negative comments from the "disappointed" video fail to take into account how enemies react differently when there is also a "boss" on the board.

For example, if Gorslav the Gravekeeper turns up the zombies double activate.

I'm sure other "bosses" have similar effects on bat swarms etc.

So, yes, often times you will have enemies spawning far away and have to travel to them, but at other times that won't be the case.

And surely this adds to the tension? You have to kill a certain number of enemies in a set time but if the type of enemies you need to kill don't show up you have to fight through the chaff as quickly as you can to force them to spawn?

This means your party won't want to huddle together in one area and you will need to split up and manage the spawn points effectively.

I do, however, agree that it might turn into a bit of a grind, but my group played BSF once a week for 4 months before we completed the main set (with only 4 characters) and never got bored.

"Dig in and wait for Winter" 
   
Made in ie
Been Around the Block





Cork Ireland

Firestorm games are showing a few copies at the moment, £125. Shipping to Ireland brings it over the £140 mark and thats just a bit too much for me

*Wayland are back to 10+ again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/10 10:10:45


 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







EU peeps, Games Island apparently has 9 left in their allocation at RRP, I buy all my sealed Magic here and they've never done me dirty

https://games-island.eu/index.php?k=511&lang=eng

Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






English GW Stores are reopening next week, and of the stock pics they’ve shown on their respective FB pages, each has a couple of copies for Cursed City - they’ll also likely have other assorted Ltd stuff. At least one has Piety and Pain for example.

So there’s another route there. I would offer to Loot for peeps, but the sets are likely going to be murder for postage due to their weight.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

The main GW store in Sydney was giving people lining up outside the store limited time tickets to purchase a copy.

And still no word from GW on whether this is a limited release...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






That’s what’s pissing me off.

I’m Alright Jack. I’ve got my copy. It arrived this morning and very happy I am too.

But just.....Effing Tell Us One Way Or The Other. Even if a restock is months out, tell us.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Esp for those of us who don't have panic buy money right now. £125 to £100 from 3rd parties isn't just the sort of money you find down the back of the couch when hunting for change.

I still think it will be restocked, I can't imagine that its a one time deal as it goes against everything the current GW has established. That said it is a bit odd that Blackstone is listed on the UK website as just out of stock whilst Cursed City is listed as Sold Out.

But then again the Forgeworld end of the website (which uses the same engine/store front) has been miss-listing things as sold out for a whlie now.


It might be an error GW has had for a long time that's only becoming apparent now because stuff is flying off the shelves so fast that we see the error more and more.

   
Made in ie
Been Around the Block





Cork Ireland

Tis annoying, especially considering BSF beside it on the site is labelled as temporarily out. They know full well this is the big talking point among buyers too.

I think Wayland have taken it off their site completely, cant seem to find it anymore after putting through an order when it appeared about 11am. My order is still marked as In Stock and allocated to me though.
   
Made in de
Emboldened Warlock






Yeah, I'd also say that it's 100% a logistics thing they'll sort out sooner or later, but their communication is really a mess - why not just announce that it *will* be available, whenever?

I mean, the new Sony and MS consoles are basically unavailable for reasonable prices half a year after their hyped 'release' (LOL), but there's no doubt that they'll produce more once the chips or whatever are available ...

~~~ I Love The Power Glove. It's So Bad. ~~~ 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Yeah its not as if announcing that there wil lbe more stock eventually will slow sales at this stage where its flying off shelves super fast.

   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Overread wrote:
Yeah its not as if announcing that there wil lbe more stock eventually will slow sales at this stage where its flying off shelves super fast.

The only thing that I can realistically think of at this juncture is that they are not sure how any Made to Order is going to work or the timeframes for it. The cards+board stuff really does, pardon the hyperbolic descriptors, hold them hostage to an outside source.

It might very well be that a MTO is going to be models alone. Or that they planned on releasing the Undead stuff alongside the Gravelords as a bundle.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Why would it be MTO?

We're just asking for GW to state whether this game was limited or not.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Dangerous Outrider




Montreal, QC Canada

My FLG just put up a message saying that there will be another run of the game. As a result they are taking pre-orders for when it's back in stock. Don't know if this is being communicated to other stores so if ask around.

Commodus Leitdorf Paints all of the Things!!
The Breaking of the Averholme: An AoS Adventure
"We have clearly reached the point where only rampant and unchecked stabbing can save us." -Black Mage 
   
Made in ie
Been Around the Block





Cork Ireland

As highly unlikely it is to be a once off its not totally unheard of for stores to take orders on items they cant guarantee will arrive.

Again though I've no doubt we'll see another print run soon. Maybe there's some other big releases between now and then though

Any good painting videos out there yet? Probably good to get my paints lined up for whenever I do get it
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I wouldn't be surprised if they won't say anything official until a new order for the externally supplied card components has been placed

although it's highly unlikely they wouldn't be able to source them from somewhere even if they're preferred supplier says no (or asks for too much money), but it's technically a risk

so until contracts are signed they won't feel happy saying anything

 
   
Made in au
Grizzled Space Wolves Great Wolf





 OrlandotheTechnicoloured wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they won't say anything official until a new order for the externally supplied card components has been placed

although it's highly unlikely they wouldn't be able to source them from somewhere even if they're preferred supplier says no (or asks for too much money), but it's technically a risk

so until contracts are signed they won't feel happy saying anything


If it was going to be a regular stocked item, I'd be surprised if they hadn't already made those arrangements. If it's not going to be a regular stocked item, I doubt they'll change their minds now.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I'm really pleased the knight's head is much closer to the box art than the previwed mini suggested.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

If its a regular stock item I would expect GW to either already have stock from overseas to pack or have it on the boat already. Considering it takes months for ships and freight to move around even in pre-corona times, it would be daft of them to have a long term product and to only now (after launch) be looking for production of more overseas contents for it.

   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Commodus Leitdorf wrote:
My FLG just put up a message saying that there will be another run of the game. As a result they are taking pre-orders for when it's back in stock. Don't know if this is being communicated to other stores so if ask around.


Got the same information from my own local store. Apparently GW told its owner there will be another print in may.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





The community makes these things harder on themselves. GW said earlier in official communications this was an ongoing title that would continue to be stocked, but then somebody wrote a guy making 10 cents an hour if they really meant it, and much wringing of hands later, it's still an ongoing title that will continue to be stocked.

GW are a bunch of incompetent sods, but if you take that into account, what they intend to do becomes pretty easy to understand.
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Built the character sprues so far, and nothing overly fiddly.

I’m still using plastic glue though, as I’ve got loads and can’t bring myself to trust push fit to just push fit!

Tomorrow I’ll crack on with the various Zombies and Skellingtons and that. Might even try to get some stuff painted for once.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Stalwart Tribune





Northumberland

I think my trouble is when I see something I might like to buy (this or indomitus for instance) and it's actually on my radar that it's up for grabs it's already gone. I know I'm probably slow off the mark but it's just a real fear of piddling money up the wall..

Surely GW would get more money if they just kept things in stock and made to order etc?

One and a half feet in the hobby


My Adeptus Mechanicus Painting Log:
# The Explorator Fleet of Labrunnia IX #

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I wonder how well the "one per customer" thing worked. Because on ebay, I'm seeing individual models going for $30+ with "161 already sold."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Quest-Cursed-City-Cleona-Zeitengale-Warrior-Priest-Hero/173988978705?hash=item28828d2011:g:ENoAAOSwUxRgcSlS

Who is paying that much for the warrior priestess?!?

   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 Olthannon wrote:
I think my trouble is when I see something I might like to buy (this or indomitus for instance) and it's actually on my radar that it's up for grabs it's already gone. I know I'm probably slow off the mark but it's just a real fear of piddling money up the wall..

Surely GW would get more money if they just kept things in stock and made to order etc?


Well, this will be regular stock. But it apparently hit some practical production/shipping limits, so it will be a bit until its back.
Unfortunately some people seem intent on making terrible decisions based on temporarily limited supply.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Voss wrote:
 Olthannon wrote:
I think my trouble is when I see something I might like to buy (this or indomitus for instance) and it's actually on my radar that it's up for grabs it's already gone. I know I'm probably slow off the mark but it's just a real fear of piddling money up the wall..

Surely GW would get more money if they just kept things in stock and made to order etc?


Well, this will be regular stock. But it apparently hit some practical production/shipping limits, so it will be a bit until its back.
Unfortunately some people seem intent on making terrible decisions based on temporarily limited supply.


In their defence? It’s clear that GW haven’t got across “there will be more”. That creates a certain panic to the buying. And yes it is rare I’m critical of GW, so that should go to explain my strength of feeling when it comes to “just bloody tell us, one way or the other”.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 GaroRobe wrote:
I wonder how well the "one per customer" thing worked. Because on ebay, I'm seeing individual models going for $30+ with "161 already sold."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Quest-Cursed-City-Cleona-Zeitengale-Warrior-Priest-Hero/173988978705?hash=item28828d2011:g:ENoAAOSwUxRgcSlS

Who is paying that much for the warrior priestess?!?



I would bet that the major suppliers for scalpers are retailers (online or physical stores) buying multiple copes at wholesale prices.
   
Made in ie
Been Around the Block





Cork Ireland

Voss wrote:

Unfortunately some people seem intent on making terrible decisions based on temporarily limited supply.


How so, I've seen something I know I would like to own, I have available funds and cant say it's an item that will be available in the next few months?
To say I've made a terrible decision is just being a bit of a prick
   
Made in gb
Last Remaining Whole C'Tan






Ruin their day by reporting them to GW, who have a “No Splits” policy.

Because they’re either buying trade and taking the piss, or selling recasts.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 Domican wrote:
Voss wrote:

Unfortunately some people seem intent on making terrible decisions based on temporarily limited supply.


How so, I've seen something I know I would like to own, I have available funds and cant say it's an item that will be available in the next few months?
To say I've made a terrible decision is just being a bit of a prick


Don't know you, don't know anything about your decisions. (Don't care either, so don't take it personally)
I was going by the post above me talking about people buying individual models from scalpers at $30 per model.

Given its a 50 model box (not counting objective markers) at $199, its basically $4 per model. Paying a 750% mark up is an objectively terrible decision, even if it was a limited edition thing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/10 22:50:12


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: