Switch Theme:

Necron New 9th Edition Codex Tactica: All Hail The Silent King  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Omnipotent Necron Overlord






Play Szarekhan. 5+++ to mortal wounds and psychic power denial.

Just standard Sk and immortals will annihilate anything in power armor/terminator armor - pretty easy actually.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/22 16:08:50


If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer



UK, Midlands

The correct answer is Scarabs. Let them smite the Scarabs then kill them with anything with decent AP, Grey Knights are not very durable for their cost. Check your opponents rules on the 2++ save trick, they can do it but only in very specific circumstances on the right unit.

   
Made in us
I'll Be Back




Hey everyone,

So I've been a long time (6-7 years) reader, but never posted on Dakka before. I've been collecting and playing Necrons for about 15 years now, but don't have a huge amount of experience playing the game. I really average about 2-3 games a year, and the ever-changing Warhammer editions keep my head spinning. That said, I've been reading this entire Tactic Thread and am up to pg. 30. Its slow going, but there's a ton of useful information.

My friends and I are planning a Crusade set of games over the July 4th weekend and I'm looking for some input to a 50 PL list. My friends will claim they're not competitive, but let's be honest...we all are. So I'm looking to build a solid army but not be a spammy/WAAC list either. Since its Crusade, I think going semi-fluff would be appropriate. My biggest hang-up is selecting a Dynasty. I'm circling through Mephrit, Novokh, or a custom one with a combination of either Relentlessly Expansionist and Rad-Wreathed or Eternal Conquers. Right now I'm gathering that realistically, I would do fine with any of those options, though the list I'm working with is Novokh.

Since we're playing PL 50, the list is around 1000 points, and I variety of models to choose from, but not always huge numbers of those models. The list is being built as a Patrol Detachment and currently includes:

20 Gauss Reaper Warriors
6 Wraiths with claws/particle casters
6 Tomb Blades with shieldvanes, nebuloscopes and gauss blasters

After that, there's about 15-20 PL to play with that I'm not sold on anything else. I've thought about adding:

1 Doomstalker
1 Doom Scythe
5 Lychguard
1 Canoptek Tomb Stalker
I have other units too, but these are the stand-outs that I'm toying with.

I've gone back and forth with HQ units too tossing around an Overlord, Chronomancer, or Royal Warden. Since its Crusade, I can outfit those as need be based on my Requisition Points, etc.

The armies the rest of my friends playing in the Crusade include: Custodes, Salamanders, Dark Angles, Tyranids, and Harlequins. I'll be facing a lot of 3+ armor saves and a little bit of horde; the space clowns will be all over the place and I have no idea how to crack the Custodes. Let me know if you have any questions about my picks.

Any of your collective experience is appreciated, and as always, thank you in advance!

~Maestroode
   
Made in us
Freaky Flayed One






Maestroode wrote:
Hey everyone,

So I've been a long time (6-7 years) reader, but never posted on Dakka before. I've been collecting and playing Necrons for about 15 years now, but don't have a huge amount of experience playing the game. I really average about 2-3 games a year, and the ever-changing Warhammer editions keep my head spinning. That said, I've been reading this entire Tactic Thread and am up to pg. 30. Its slow going, but there's a ton of useful information.

My friends and I are planning a Crusade set of games over the July 4th weekend and I'm looking for some input to a 50 PL list. My friends will claim they're not competitive, but let's be honest...we all are. So I'm looking to build a solid army but not be a spammy/WAAC list either. Since its Crusade, I think going semi-fluff would be appropriate. My biggest hang-up is selecting a Dynasty. I'm circling through Mephrit, Novokh, or a custom one with a combination of either Relentlessly Expansionist and Rad-Wreathed or Eternal Conquers. Right now I'm gathering that realistically, I would do fine with any of those options, though the list I'm working with is Novokh.

Since we're playing PL 50, the list is around 1000 points, and I variety of models to choose from, but not always huge numbers of those models. The list is being built as a Patrol Detachment and currently includes:

20 Gauss Reaper Warriors
6 Wraiths with claws/particle casters
6 Tomb Blades with shieldvanes, nebuloscopes and gauss blasters

After that, there's about 15-20 PL to play with that I'm not sold on anything else. I've thought about adding:

1 Doomstalker
1 Doom Scythe
5 Lychguard
1 Canoptek Tomb Stalker
I have other units too, but these are the stand-outs that I'm toying with.

I've gone back and forth with HQ units too tossing around an Overlord, Chronomancer, or Royal Warden. Since its Crusade, I can outfit those as need be based on my Requisition Points, etc.

The armies the rest of my friends playing in the Crusade include: Custodes, Salamanders, Dark Angles, Tyranids, and Harlequins. I'll be facing a lot of 3+ armor saves and a little bit of horde; the space clowns will be all over the place and I have no idea how to crack the Custodes. Let me know if you have any questions about my picks.

Any of your collective experience is appreciated, and as always, thank you in advance!

~Maestroode


If you've got large blobs of warriors, you can't really go wrong with a Chronomancer (or multiple) since they benefit massively from the 5++. People generally agree that Lychguard w/ shields are legit and synergize decently well w/ warrior heavy lists. Again, people will tell you doomstalkers are underwhelming unless you take a technomancer to buff their hit rolls by +1 so there's some tax there to make them feel strong. I don't usually play 1k games so I honestly don't know what will feel good/bad otherwise but I can tell you that buffing warriors and keeping making each unit/model as hard to kill as possible is your optimal strategy.

8000 
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




What are some of the tools and strategies against deathguard, no Mortarion? Particularly at 1k points, but generally as well is helpful. I seem to see them everywhere and they just seem tough as hell.
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






teamtigerstripe wrote:
What are some of the tools and strategies against deathguard, no Mortarion? Particularly at 1k points, but generally as well is helpful. I seem to see them everywhere and they just seem tough as hell.

Warriors with gauss reapers, Nightbringer, Doomsday Arks and Scarabs.
   
Made in us
Omnipotent Necron Overlord






1k DG with no morty?

Bust out the Lokust destroyers.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in gb
Deranged Necron Destroyer



UK, Midlands

Maestroode wrote:
Hey everyone,

....

~Maestroode


I think a Chronomancer with the Veil of Darkness is an obvious pick to go with that Warrior blob.
Then you probably want some kind of Noble to be your Warlord. An Overlord seems appropriate if you're being fluffy, and you want someone a bit fancy to put the Crusade upgrades on, consider giving him the Voidreaper relic, or just a Voidscythe.
If you go Mephrit, your Warriors benefit a lot form the +3 inch range, and if you do take an overlord, their unique Warlord trait makes him quite potent in combat.
Scarabs are very important to any list also.
   
Made in us
I'll Be Back




Hey everyone, thank you for your input!

I've been struggling with the whole "paralysis through analysis" syndrome where I'm trying to account for EVERYTHING without really having a lot of 9th ed. games under my belt.

I'm leveling in on the warriors and chronomancer along with 5 lychguard and a royal warden. Relics and wargear is yet to be determined, but I like the veil for sure...throwbacks to the 3rd edition codex! I could drop the tomb blades for some scarabs instead, but then I really have one shooting unit of the warriors. But I agree, scarabs are quite an important component to the list synergy. I'm also trying to fit everything into a Patrol Detachment, so keeping to 2 units of each and getting the CP back. That said, I've thought of doing an Outrider to get all 3 fast attack; at 50PL though, something would have to give elsewhere.

Right now I'm sitting on Novokh for the dynasty; giving them a boost where they're weak instead of pushing a strength further. Thoughts on this? I'm also really eyeing the custom dynasty for ObSec and 6" Move. What I'm gathering is that between these three, you really can't go wrong...does that sound fair?

1000 points/50PL is definitely a different build.

As always, thank you for thoughts!

~Maestroode
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





I know most people use large 20x Warrior squads as the backbone of their army lists. Does anyone have much experience using 20x Flayed Ones squads....
I was looking at a list of two 20x Flayed Ones squads. The rest of the army will consist of three 10x Warriors squads, loads of scarabs, Nightbringer, other choppy filler, and the usual HQ/relics.
or should I just stick to the shooty warriors? thanks for the feedback
   
Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker





I'm not sure what the Flayed One blobs would do that the reaper warriors don't do better; I suspect there might be merit in 5x flayed one squads to drop in for secondary scoring but I haven't had the opportunity to test that yet.
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






 jpjupiter wrote:
I know most people use large 20x Warrior squads as the backbone of their army lists. Does anyone have much experience using 20x Flayed Ones squads....
I was looking at a list of two 20x Flayed Ones squads. The rest of the army will consist of three 10x Warriors squads, loads of scarabs, Nightbringer, other choppy filler, and the usual HQ/relics.
or should I just stick to the shooty warriors? thanks for the feedback

I made 3 battle reports on the subject. I came away really liking Flayed Ones, they are a tonne more pts-efficient than in 8th. Mono Novokh is unfortunately mandatory if you want to make them work and that constricts the rest of your list more than the 6" move + ObSec custom dynasty that I have yet to test with Warrior spam. 60 Warriors is the most I ever ran and I ran them alongside the Flayed Ones, I did not feel like the Warriors were outshining the Flayed Ones. Part of that is that Flayed Ones have two of our best Stratagems.

They are brutally expensive IRL though, it'll be a long while before I can afford to get a horde of them. There is also a 20% chance of failing 3 8+ charge rolls, so it's riskier than Warriors, it can pay off though.
   
Made in ca
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot




SoCal

I've ran 10x Flayed Ones with Novokh; with their deep strike like entrance and +1" on charge; they drop in, charge/mulch and then score. Not quite as durable as warriors but I like the flexibility and for a smaller and initially more mobile unit I think they are a solid choice.

10000
2700
4000
3800
3000  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Arachnofiend wrote:
I'm not sure what the Flayed One blobs would do that the reaper warriors don't do better; I suspect there might be merit in 5x flayed one squads to drop in for secondary scoring but I haven't had the opportunity to test that yet.

Access to fight twice and -1 to hit. 20x flayed one blobs are absolutely brilliant. They'll do the same job as warriors for holding midfield objectives but will blend anything they touch with the slight drawback of having less effective RP
   
Made in ca
Stalwart Skittari





 vict0988 wrote:

I made 3 battle reports on the subject. I came away really liking Flayed Ones ...They are brutally expensive IRL though...


I'm glad they're playable now, I also really like the idea of a Novokh list with one big blob of them to threaten charges or hold the midfield. Maybe three units of 5 could also be useful as flexible and cheap objective holders that can either just perform actions out of the way, deepstrike onto lightly defended backfields, or tie things up midfield.

Also, unless something changed and conversions aren't allowed anymore they're just as cheap as warriors and IMO are one of the easiest conversions imaginable. Just snip off a warrior's hands, glue some blades on instead (like the copious bayonets we get attached to our warrior and immortal weapons) and then drape several thin scraps of green stuff all over the model to paint up as fleshy bits. Easy, cheap, and still would look good.
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer



London

How do 20 flayed ones compare to 10 Lychguard? It seems to me the Lychguard are an awful lot tougher and have quite a few other advantages. Deep strike is the obvious benefit flayed ones bring of course. Is there much else?
   
Made in us
I'll Be Back




 TheArchmagos wrote:


Also, unless something changed and conversions aren't allowed anymore they're just as cheap as warriors and IMO are one of the easiest conversions imaginable. Just snip off a warrior's hands, glue some blades on instead (like the copious bayonets we get attached to our warrior and immortal weapons) and then drape several thin scraps of green stuff all over the model to paint up as fleshy bits. Easy, cheap, and still would look good.


I made about 10 of them for a Kill Team and that's what I did. You can re-pose the legs and arms from the original (2003 or 2004) kit to make them running and lurking about; slap some BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD technical paint on and away you go. Yeah, I'll second that it's a pretty cost effective way to build them.
   
Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker





Cynista wrote:
 Arachnofiend wrote:
I'm not sure what the Flayed One blobs would do that the reaper warriors don't do better; I suspect there might be merit in 5x flayed one squads to drop in for secondary scoring but I haven't had the opportunity to test that yet.

Access to fight twice and -1 to hit. 20x flayed one blobs are absolutely brilliant. They'll do the same job as warriors for holding midfield objectives but will blend anything they touch with the slight drawback of having less effective RP

I'll admit I forgot about the -1 to hit stratagem, that does sound quite appealing. Might have to give them a go myself, then.
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






Mandragola wrote:
How do 20 flayed ones compare to 10 Lychguard? It seems to me the Lychguard are an awful lot tougher and have quite a few other advantages. Deep strike is the obvious benefit flayed ones bring of course. Is there much else?

260 pts vs 280 pts.
20x1W T4 4+ vs 10x2W T5 2+ 4++. Note that RP is better on 1W models.
2,5x hits vs 1x hits. Flayed Ones are much better against hordes.
Multiply x by 1 and 2,2 against Intercessors. Flayed Ones are better against Intercessors. Flayed Ones also benefit more from +1 S and +1 AP from Novokh and the right Command Protocol.

Lychguard's only advantage is durability, which is somewhere between better (against plasma) to enormously better (against S4 AP-) and prolonged combats against Terminators where the Novokh AP wears off. Lychguard are good in both the custom dynasty everyone takes and Novokh and they're not even bad in Mephrit if you just need a durable objective-holder/counter-charge unit, IMO you will have a bad time playing Flayed Ones outside Novokh.
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

Flayed Ones are disturbingly expensive. One of the reasons im glad i dont play tournaments so i dont have to worry about that stupid 3D printing rule.
I just slapped some new finger-blade arms to warriors and stretched greenstuff over them for skin (havnt finished that yet since my urge to paint is extremely low atm).
Its shocking how many warriors you end up with those indom and starter boxes Marines are pawning off for cheap lol

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/01 20:58:18


An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




Hey Guys,

I Played a small 16 Player tournament at my local Store with following List:
Spoiler:


Dynasty Choice
Selections: Circumstance of Awakening: Relentlessly Expansionist, Dynastic Tradition: Butchers, Dynasty: <Custom>

No Force Org Slot
Dynastic Advisor

Chronomancer
Selections: Aeonstave
HQ

Overlord
Selections: Hand of the Phaeron, Relic: Orb of Eternity, Resurrection Orb, Warlord, Warlord Trait (Codex 1): Enduring Will, Warscythe

Skorpekh Lord
Selections: Dynastic Heirlooms, Relic: Nanoscarab Casket

Technomancer
Selections: Canoptek Control Node, Dynastic Heirlooms, Relic: Voltaic Staff

Troops
Necron Warriors
20x Necron Warrior (Gauss Flayer)
Selections: 20x Gauss Flayer
Necron Warriors
10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Flayer)
Selections: 10x Gauss Flayer
Necron Warriors
10x Necron Warrior (Gauss Flayer)
Selections: 10x Gauss Flayer

Elites
Skorpekh Destroyers
2x Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)
Selections: 2x Hyperphase Reap-Blade
4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher)
Selections: 4x Hyperphase Threshers
Skorpekh Destroyers
2x Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)
Selections: 2x Hyperphase Reap-Blade
4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher)
Selections: 4x Hyperphase Threshers
Skorpekh Destroyers
2x Skorpekh Destroyer (Reap-Blade)
Selections: 2x Hyperphase Reap-Blade
4x Skorpekh Destroyer (Thresher)
Selections: 4x Hyperphase Threshers

Heavy Support
Canoptek Doomstalker
Canoptek Doomstalker
Canoptek Doomstalker


I just needed to borrow 6 Skorpekh‘s from a friend to Play is.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/07/02 06:24:26


 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






Gesundheit wrote:
I Played a small 16 Player tournament at my local Store...

You forgot to say how you did and how you felt about your list, what changes you would have made in hindsight. Easy and tough matchups and training up to the event.
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




Yeah I edited this ***** text 6 times and it does not take the changes. Half the text ist cut of and I don’t know why!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/07/02 06:26:28


 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






Gesundheit wrote:
Yeah I edited this ***** text 6 times and it does not take the changes. Half the text ist cut of and I don’t know why!

Just create a new post. I'm especially curious if you felt Nanoscarab Casket was better than Veil of Darkness would have been. Also were you happy with Butchers? Did you outflank or why did you feel the +1 to charge was better than the additional damage you can do with Rad-wreathed or the ability to steal or hold objectives with conquerors. Too many Skorpekhs or just enough? Did blast come up against them? Did you try to hide two units to make the most of the -1 to wound Stratagem? How was terrain at the tournament and in your training environment?
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 vict0988 wrote:
Gesundheit wrote:
Yeah I edited this ***** text 6 times and it does not take the changes. Half the text ist cut of and I don’t know why!

Just create a new post. I'm especially curious if you felt Nanoscarab Casket was better than Veil of Darkness would have been. Also were you happy with Butchers? Did you outflank or why did you feel the +1 to charge was better than the additional damage you can do with Rad-wreathed or the ability to steal or hold objectives with conquerors. Too many Skorpekhs or just enough? Did blast come up against them? Did you try to hide two units to make the most of the -1 to wound Stratagem? How was terrain at the tournament and in your training environment?

In fact, we are rather curious how the tourney went.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Arachnofiend wrote:
Cynista wrote:
 Arachnofiend wrote:
I'm not sure what the Flayed One blobs would do that the reaper warriors don't do better; I suspect there might be merit in 5x flayed one squads to drop in for secondary scoring but I haven't had the opportunity to test that yet.

Access to fight twice and -1 to hit. 20x flayed one blobs are absolutely brilliant. They'll do the same job as warriors for holding midfield objectives but will blend anything they touch with the slight drawback of having less effective RP

I'll admit I forgot about the -1 to hit stratagem, that does sound quite appealing. Might have to give them a go myself, then.

Try them with Rad Wreathed, it is how I run them and it can be extremely brutal. It brings just about everything you would throw them against down a S/T breakpoint
   
Made in de
Fresh-Faced New User




My Text is totally gone. I just write it in short words.
1. Won against Tau first turn charge for me made the game onesided.
2. Won against Adeptus Custodes was the closest game and I won by 2 or 3 points
3. Won against Eldar he made mistake turn 1 wich snowballed me to the end
4. Lost against DG by like 7 Points. I played it bad! It was only my fault I lost this! I was to scared to just fight his poxwalker and I shouldn’t have shoot into the PBC!!!
And again half the Text gone! **** this I wait till I arrive at home and write it again!
I am really sorry guys!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/07/02 09:42:47


 
   
Made in us
Cabin Zombie






1000 points. All Canoptek other than HQ. What would you take?

 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






 AduroT wrote:
1000 points. All Canoptek other than HQ. What would you take?

Chronomancer leading Scarabs and Wraiths with a Doomstalker cheerleader.
Spoiler:
++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [55 PL, 3CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [6CP] +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-100 Points) [6CP]

Detachment Command Cost

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ [4 PL, 80pts] +

Chronomancer [4 PL, 80pts]: Aeonstave, Chronotendrils, Relic: Gauntlet of the Conflagrator, Warlord, Warlord Trait (Codex 4): Thrall of the Silent King

+ Fast Attack [44 PL, 780pts] +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [6 PL, 105pts]
. 7x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [105pts]: 7x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [75pts]: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [75pts]: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

+ Heavy Support [7 PL, 140pts] +

Canoptek Doomstalker [7 PL, 140pts]: Doomsday Blaster, Twin Gauss Flayer

++ Total: [55 PL, 12CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)
   
Made in us
Freaky Flayed One






 vict0988 wrote:
 AduroT wrote:
1000 points. All Canoptek other than HQ. What would you take?

Chronomancer leading Scarabs and Wraiths with a Doomstalker cheerleader.
Spoiler:
++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [55 PL, 3CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [6CP] +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-100 Points) [6CP]

Detachment Command Cost

Dynasty Choice: Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ [4 PL, 80pts] +

Chronomancer [4 PL, 80pts]: Aeonstave, Chronotendrils, Relic: Gauntlet of the Conflagrator, Warlord, Warlord Trait (Codex 4): Thrall of the Silent King

+ Fast Attack [44 PL, 780pts] +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [6 PL, 105pts]
. 7x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [105pts]: 7x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [75pts]: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm [75pts]: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 3x Canoptek Wraith (Claws) [105pts]: 3x Vicious Claws
. 2x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils) [70pts]: 2x Whip Coils

+ Heavy Support [7 PL, 140pts] +

Canoptek Doomstalker [7 PL, 140pts]: Doomsday Blaster, Twin Gauss Flayer

++ Total: [55 PL, 12CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)


Solid concept. I'd probably swap the doomstalker for a couple spiders with prisms, upgrade the Chronomancer's weapon, and switch to Relentless/Obsec since nothing would have it otherwise.

As a side note, the chosen warlord trait doesn't do anything for a chronomancer since his ability isn't an aura, it's a 'choose 1 unit within x range' which isn't buffed by thrall. And since you don't get command protocols that's not relevant either (although it too would be unaffected by thrall from my understanding). I'd probably go either 'Immortal Pride' for the FNP vs MWs or 'Honorable Combatant' for extra attacks against characters.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Here's the version I think I'd run.

Spoiler:


++ Outrider Detachment -3CP (Necrons) [55 PL, 9CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

Dynasty Choice: Circumstance of Awakening: Relentlessly Expansionist, Dynastic Tradition: Eternal Conquerors, Dynasty: <Custom>

Gametype: Matched

+ HQ +

Chronomancer [4 PL, 90pts]: Entropic Lance, Warlord, Warlord Trait (Codex 6): Honourable Combatant

Chronomancer [5 PL, 105pts]: Arkana: Cortical Subjugator Scarabs, Entropic Lance

+ Elites +

Canoptek Spyders [4 PL, 65pts]
. Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism

Canoptek Spyders [4 PL, 65pts]
. Canoptek Spyder: Gloom Prism

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Scarab Swarms [4 PL, 75pts]
. 5x Canoptek Scarab Swarm: 5x Feeder Mandibles

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 5x Canoptek Wraith (Whip Coils): 5x Whip Coils

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 5x Canoptek Wraith (Claws): 5x Vicious Claws

Canoptek Wraiths [10 PL, 175pts]
. 5x Canoptek Wraith (Claws): 5x Vicious Claws

++ Total: [55 PL, 9CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/07/06 14:48:03


8000 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: