Switch Theme:

LoER Terrain Comp: R 9 - Elementary - The Results  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

 OneManNoodles wrote:
Make sure you've got an idea Cam!

I think you have a typo, I'll fix that for you

Make sure you have an idea ready ZAM.

But for real, great work everyone. Its going to be another nail biter.

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy

Berlin Germany

LOL... took me a sec to catch that one...

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in us
Wraith

Salem, MA

Finished. Whew! That was close. Got a bit rushed at the end, and photography was tough as the Mrs. took the camera for her trip this weekend. I may need a few more angles..

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-52450-40984_Loer%20Entry.html

Along with a link to my blog!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/05/10 23:05:02

No wargames these days, more DM/Painting.

I paint things occasionally. Some things you may even like!

Made in gb
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth

Not where I should be

Fantastic work, hope you are all on schedule. Last day.

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

Submitting my pics now

Automatically Appended Next Post:
For those interested here is the Gallery link.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-63396-40987_Loer%20Round%209%20Final.html

Its been a lot of fun doing this with you guys, Cant wait until the next one!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2014/05/11 00:18:28

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in gb
Bloodthirsty Bloodletter

NE England

Not gonna make it in time sadly. Have had next to no spare time the in the last month due to final year projects and have too much still to do.

1500
1500
Harlequins: 1500
AoS
HH AL: 2500

Assorted painting blog:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/495003.page

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

Bummer! I was really looking forward to seeing your idea get finished... you still have to submit final pics here so we can all see what would have been even if its not on time

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy

Berlin Germany

well, I have submitted my entry...

now the waiting begins...

Made in gb
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

Worle, UK

Looking forward to the results

Made in gb
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth

Not where I should be

Good luck everyone. Can't wait to see a line up.

Made in ar
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

By the foot of the Andes

Final sprint time!

Entries coming in, and looking great, all of them!

Already on file:

> Camkierhi
> gunslingerpro
> mad_eddy_13
> M0rdain
> Viktor Von Doom
> zammerak

And still on hold for any late-night last-minute contestants before calling it done.

Awesome work all around people, and thanks for taking part, it's been a blast so far, and next stage starts soon (us, judging, you, chewing your nails off )

Will be posting the final line-up ASAP for everybody's enjoyment!

Cheers to all,

LT

Made in gb
Member of a Lodge? I Can't Say

Clacks Scotland

Cant wait to see all of these done! Not had time to go through the whole blog yet..... but have no doubts there will be a lot of stand out piece!!

Good luck to all... and god luck to those in the un-enviable role of Judge!

As my father once said to me : You cant polish a turd... but you can roll it in glitter!
MY P&M BLOG:http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/543290.page#5900175

Made in ar
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

By the foot of the Andes

Comp is now officially closed, all submitted entries have been registered and now the judging is about to begin.

For the record:

> Camkierhi
> gunslingerpro
> mad_eddy_13
> M0rdain
> Viktor Von Doom
> zammerak

Dully presented their works, and in the race for new tittle!

Stay tuned for the final line-up, to be made available any time soon!

Made in gb
Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God

Inside your mind, corrupting the pathways

Sadly I did not realise I would be in London for the submitting phase - have my entry primed on my desk at home but unpainted and unfinished

Look forward to seeing what people have come up with.

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Mostly, on my phone.

Excuse me, while I give a little judge-ly squee of excitement!

Theophony"... and there's strippers in terminator armor and lovecraftian shenanigans afoot."
Solar_Lion: "Man this sums up your blog nicely."

Anpu-adom: "being Geek is about Love. Some love broadly. Some love deeply. And then there are people like Graven.

Made in gb
Mysterious Techpriest

Best of luck to everyone, especially the judges!

Zam

Made in us
Wraith

Salem, MA

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries. This was a blast, no matter the outcome, I think I'm hooked!

Good luck amigos!

No wargames these days, more DM/Painting.

I paint things occasionally. Some things you may even like!

Made in ar
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot

By the foot of the Andes

Ladies, gentlemen, and the rest:

The LoER Terrain Comp: R 9 Elementary - Final Line-Up

Without further introduction, and for your unrestricted enjoyment:

Camkierhi - Hotel Kalif-Orknia

Close Ups:
Spoiler:
Fire side:

Nap nap time!

Squigwurst anyone?

Havin' a Baff!

Assorted WIP’s & Pieces
Spoiler:

Link to the full Gallery: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-65595-40824_Hotel%20Kalif-Orknia..html

gunslingerpro - Boiling!

Close-Ups & Shot-for-Scale:
Spoiler:

WIP´s
Spoiler:

Oh, my furnace:

Full-disclosure gallery: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-52450-40984_Loer%20Entry.html

mad_eddy_13 - To the trenches

Close Ups:
Spoiler:

WIP’s
Spoiler:

WIP Gallery: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-69363-40103_Loer%20Terrian%20Comp%20Entry.html & Finished entry: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-69363-40939_Loer%20Completed%20Entry.html

M0rdain - Smelted Iron

Close Ups & Scale Shot:
Spoiler:

Wanton WIP’s:
Spoiler:

Gallery: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-38276-40920_Terrain.html

Viktor Von Doom - Grubz

(I can not stress it enough: I do love those drain pipes!)

Closing in and up…
Spoiler:

The insides:
Spoiler:

And closer still:
Spoiler:

WIP’s
Spoiler:

Tha Grubz’ gallery: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/611892-.html

zammerak - Da Mekk Shop

Detail & Close Ups
Spoiler:

(Drinking-straw drain pipes FTW!)

Gallery link: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-63396-40987_Loer%20Round%209%20Final.html

Again, great work people, and thanks for taking part, it's been great to see your ideas develop and come to this!

Now, lets the judging begin...

Cheers,

LT

PS: I took the liberty of both sorting and somewhat selecting the pictures displayed, and adding in some cases a name or comment to an entry or pic. If you'd like to choose a different pic, or prefer to delete any of those lines, just let me know to edit it.

PS2: Sorry for the delay, nothing like wanting to do this write-up as soon as the comp closed for IRL to jump up on me and keep me tied-up until now!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2014/05/13 20:24:34

Made in gb
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth

Not where I should be

Amazing work everyone, just outstanding.

Good luck judges.

Made in de
Shroomin Brain Boy

Berlin Germany

coooool....I say, the greenhides have this comp firmly in their grasp it seems...

great post LT, it was a very inspiring theme...which all brought us to reach new levels...

I almost feel a bit sad and exhausted now that we´ve completed our entries...

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

LOL I thought that was the winning lineup! good luck judges, this will be another close one!

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in ca
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!

Wow, I do not envy the poor judges - everything looks so good...

{url=http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/675142.page]{img]http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/11/8/429237_md-.jpg{/img]{/url]

Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept

An amazing set of entry's, well done everyone and good luck to you all

Made in gb
Omnious Orc Shaman

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

Oh crikey, I vaguely recall an offer to help judge this comp !! D'oh !!

Made in us
Wraith

Salem, MA

^^ Good luck!

No wargames these days, more DM/Painting.

I paint things occasionally. Some things you may even like!

Made in gb
Omnious Orc Shaman

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away...

No bribing the judges with best wishes now

Spoiler:
Although, a case of beer may sway me

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

Shipping from MA might not make it in time

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Made in gb
Thunderhawk Pilot Dropping From Orbit

Worle, UK

Why Littletower you are looking spiffy today.

Made in us
Smokin' Skorcha Driver

Central MN

I heard that in order to be a judge you have to be the best looking and coolest wargamer/hobbiest in the country. That sums up our panel of judges

SRSFACE wrote: Every Ork player I know is a really, really cool person.
20,000 New and Growing 1000
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/592194.page#6769789

Forum Index » Painting & Modeling
Go to: