Switch Theme:

Necron New 9th Edition Codex Tactica: All Hail The Silent King  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in se
Fresh-Faced New User




Thats an interesting way to see it. I Think the one thing that troubles me the most is VP. Currently the list is TSK, 20 warriors with reapers and a chronomancer with veil. A technomancer to support TSK/Warriors is interesting, and I am thinking of going with two single LHD and Szarekhan or Mephrit. Szharekhan really helps the chronos Lance, and the single unit LHD. But Thats about it atm. 1k is such a hassle..
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




The superior artisans custom trait will really help your few single shot options, combine with relentlessly expansionist for positioning and you should have some decent efficiency.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/27 12:38:29


 
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

Hiddius wrote:
Thats an interesting way to see it. I Think the one thing that troubles me the most is VP. Currently the list is TSK, 20 warriors with reapers and a chronomancer with veil. A technomancer to support TSK/Warriors is interesting, and I am thinking of going with two single LHD and Szarekhan or Mephrit. Szharekhan really helps the chronos Lance, and the single unit LHD. But Thats about it atm. 1k is such a hassle..

This list is not bad.
TSK as center-piece model is very hard to shift at the 1000 pt level thanks to the Lanchester square law.

Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon





The House that Peterbilt

So Necrons made it to the semi finals of the Lone Star Open this weekend, losing to Nayden. Surprised no ones chatting that yet. Cool list

EDIT added wargear ref for Immortals, they had Gauss
Spoiler:
Marshall Peterson - Lone Star Open
​Battalion Detachment: 101 PL, 2,000pts, 7CP

Eternal Expansionist combo

Lokhust Lord: Voidreaper, Resurrection Orb, Warlord Trait Honourable Combatant
Overlord: Hand of the Phaeron, Orb of Eternity, Warlord Trait Implacable Conqueror, Warscythe
Technomancer: Canoptek Cloak, Veil of Darkness

5x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
5x Immortal, Gauss

2x Cryptothrall
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
6x Skorpekh Destroyers
Viral Construct Canoptek Plasmacyte
Transcendent C'tan: Cosmic Tyrant, Sky of Falling Stars, Transdimensional Thunderbolt

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm


His matchups:
1. Mechanicus W
2. Adeptus Sororitas W
3. Drukhari W
4. Custodes W
5. Drukhari L
6. Adeptus Sororitas W
7. White scars W
8. Sean Naydens mixed eldar L

I like the list a lot, other than I am not into immortals (modelling wise not ruleswise...they are superior in the current meta I think). Plays the primary well, has a resonable To the Last option. Seems like this something like this is about the best chance we have until admech gets rebalanced.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/28 18:28:30


snoogums: "Just because something is not relavant doesn't mean it goes away completely."

Iorek: "Snoogums, you're right. Your arguments are irrelevant, and they sure as heck aren't going away." 
   
Made in ca
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot




SoCal

I think TSK might be hard to earn his points back at 1k; I really tried to make him work at 2k and the number of space marine multi meltas was a PITA and to benefit from his 450 points, you need to build around him.

A C'Tan, however, I think is a strong option at 1k and will be hard to deal with (eg a bit of cheese) but with some of the shenanigans available to the top tier armies right now, I think it would be okay.

10000
2700
4000
3800
3000  
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard





Curious about that fully melee kitted Lokhust Lord and how it was used. Seems like a lot of investment between the third relic and the second warlord trait so it must have been for something.
   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

9 immortals and 9 lychguards per unit? Seems like an odd number. Is it to save points?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/27 20:23:57


What I have
~4100
~1660

Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Arachnofiend wrote:
Curious about that fully melee kitted Lokhust Lord and how it was used. Seems like a lot of investment between the third relic and the second warlord trait so it must have been for something.

Character hunting probably
   
Made in se
Fresh-Faced New User




 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
9 immortals and 9 lychguards per unit? Seems like an odd number. Is it to save points?


Probably cuz of Blast.
Personally more curious about what weapons on the immortals he uses.

About TSK not making his points back, a valid argument. But the game is about Victor points, and playing the objective is Always what I aim for. To be honest, the main reason I want to bring TSK is because I need to paint him up.

I think bringing a C'tan is actually worse in 1k lists, his plot armor doesnt translate well to lower point games. It still just takes a few shots to bring them down, and I'd lie if I told you that I know how to properly play a C'tan ett.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/07/27 23:24:23


 
   
Made in ca
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot




SoCal

I think to your point about TSK, at 1k he's a huge model that is almost half your army, not all that fast and only buffing the units near him. I totally support the motivation to paint him, I really enjoyed doing so and an escalation league was part of that motivation.

C'Tans can be tricky, I like running Void Dragon as I tend to need more anti tank and there are not that many psykers at my local club. I wish they were fast or had an advance/charge option, but with the powers and smaller profile I find him a good fit.

10000
2700
4000
3800
3000  
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard





Hiddius wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
9 immortals and 9 lychguards per unit? Seems like an odd number. Is it to save points?


Probably cuz of Blast.

Blast upgrades at 6 and 11 models, 9 lychguard aren't any less vulnerable to it than 10 lychguard are.
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon





The House that Peterbilt

Hiddius wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
9 immortals and 9 lychguards per unit? Seems like an odd number. Is it to save points?


Probably cuz of Blast.
Personally more curious about what weapons on the immortals he uses.

Sorry was a little zealous cleaning up the battlescribe noise. Immortals all had Gauss.

I suspect the 9 mans were for points. The list is pretty lean.

Curious about that fully melee kitted Lokhust Lord and how it was used. Seems like a lot of investment between the third relic and the second warlord trait so it must have been for something.

I agree with Cynista, gives you a character killer that can hide amongst the durable bodies but is easier to position and use then a CCB. Drukari and similar mostly, ignoring FNP can help there with a 3 damage weapon with rerolls to hit and wound, something like 6.8 avg wounds against T3 4++. That is in addition to having a clutch res orb and granting rerolls to wound to plasmacyted skorpekhs (which are just mulchers, done crazy things with all that buffage).

snoogums: "Just because something is not relavant doesn't mean it goes away completely."

Iorek: "Snoogums, you're right. Your arguments are irrelevant, and they sure as heck aren't going away." 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





If the Lokhust Lord had become 2+ to hit and kept 10" movement then I love the idea of it as a character hunter. As it is I think it's overpriced by 20 points but can obviously still do work
   
Made in gb
Ship's Officer



London

That's a very interesting list. It feels like an incentive to finish my Lokhust lord conversion. I think he does make sense with the voidreaper and some Skorpekhs to hide with/buff. I'm surprised there's no Chronomancer for them though.
   
Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker





Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high

Well. With the nerfs to Admech via the FAQ today...

Loss of 'core' for Balastarii, and Dragoons
Lucius dogma only applies if the unit isn't in cover,
Acquision at any cost is 1/game requiring the unit to be wholly within 6 of an objective.
An enriched rounds going to 2cp if the unit is 11+ models, and only auto wounding on 5s


Are warrior bricks and vehicles back to being usable?

Bedouin Dynasty: 10000 pts
The Silver Lances: 4000 pts
The Custodes Winter Watch 4000 pts

MajorStoffer wrote:
...
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum. 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






 iGuy91 wrote:
Well. With the nerfs to Admech via the FAQ today...

Loss of 'core' for Balastarii, and Dragoons
Lucius dogma only applies if the unit isn't in cover,
Acquision at any cost is 1/game requiring the unit to be wholly within 6 of an objective.
An enriched rounds going to 2cp if the unit is 11+ models, and only auto wounding on 5s


Are warrior bricks and vehicles back to being usable?

Rangers are still going to one-shot Warriors unless their Stratagem has been nerfed as well. I don't think Necron vehicles were too worried about Balastarii and losing core isn't the end of the world for them anyway, I'd think Balastarii counter Destroyers more than Doomsday Arks. At least I can stop refusing AdMech games knowing they've gotten the first round of nerfs, I am just shaking my head at how predictable this was, playtesters knew. Bombers are still really good and that's bad news for C'tan and anything that cannot fly can get bogged down by a few cavalry units.
   
Made in us
Big Mek in Kustom Dragster with Soopa-Gun





Nebraska, USA

Ranger strat was nerfed, its Heavy 2 -> Heavy 3 now.
So only 50% more shots and doesnt negate the movement penalty issue. It does work at full range now though so theres that.

An ork with an idea tends to end with a bang.

14000pts Big 'n Bad Orkz
6000pts Admech/Knights
7500pts Necron Goldboys 
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine




Sacratomato

How do you guys draw the line between Tournament Play - Competitive Play and Casual Play when it comes to List and Unit advice?

I read this from the beginning in order to build a new Necron Force, (Played them previously, but it was 5th Edition).

While I read I laughed a little about the drastic swings various units had in the advice.

I never had much fun with Tournament play and Competitive Play often fell towards Tournament Play on most occasions.

So, when you give advice do you only think in Tournament Play, Competitive Play or Casual Play?

70% of all statistics are made up on the spot by 64% of the people that produce false statistics 54% of the time that they produce them. 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






 Da-Rock wrote:
How do you guys draw the line between Tournament Play - Competitive Play and Casual Play when it comes to List and Unit advice?

I don't think there is any difference between Tournament Play and Competitive Play. If you have a 9/10 list then I will want to make recommendations to make it 10/10, if you make a 2/10 list then I'll want to make recommendations to take it to a 5/10 list, because taking it to a 10/10 list will take it too far away from your list. For competitive play you shouldn't bring a list that is worse than 7/10 and for a casual game I don't think you should bring a list better than 7/10. I often try to make things work, so I go in with a starting challenge of making Nihilakh or triple Monolith work, someone telling me that I will never make a 10/10 Nihilakh or triple Monolith list isn't helping and you never know if Nihilakh is somehow the secret 11/10 dynasty or Monoliths unlock their hidden power when you take 3 at once.

If you post a list here looking for advice I assume you want to improve it, if you are already winning 70% of your games in your casual environment and you mainly play against fluffy Astra Militarum and fluffy Iyanden Craftworld Eldar then why even post the list? I recommended people try Obelisks and Canoptek Reanimators in casual games a page or two back, I do think you can learn something from playing in more casual games, while also realising that if you play in a competitive environment there is basically no chance you will have the success I had with those units. The game is pretty awful competitively at the moment with four armies where Necrons have less than 33% chance of winning, I just don't see the fun in that.
   
Made in us
Irked Necron Immortal



Colorado

So, curious what you guys would think of throwing a Hexmark Destroyer with the Gauntlet relic into lists to help combat the Ad Mech DSing blobs of death. He can intercept them before they delete our Warriors... just a thought.
   
Made in fr
One Canoptek Scarab in a Swarm




South Carolina

I'm leaning towards full vehicle with obsec + interplanetary invaders. We have the tankiest vehicles in the game, every wound protected by transhuman + a 4++ either naturally or with 1cp.

I can fit 9 while keeping action monkeys for retrieve octarius.

CCB

3 dday arks
3 tessie arks
2 annihilation barges

Patrol + spearhead

5 gauss immortals, 2x5 flayed ones for retrieve, with a chrono or techno ferrying the immortals with veil

Round it out w 3x4 scarabs for screening and engage on all fronts.

Should be interesting: painting the last models now.

Always Confident. Occasionally Correct. 
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon





The House that Peterbilt

 DogHeadGod wrote:
I'm leaning towards full vehicle with obsec + interplanetary invaders. We have the tankiest vehicles in the game, every wound protected by transhuman + a 4++ either naturally or with 1cp.

I can fit 9 while keeping action monkeys for retrieve octarius.

CCB

3 dday arks
3 tessie arks
2 annihilation barges

Patrol + spearhead

5 gauss immortals, 2x5 flayed ones for retrieve, with a chrono or techno ferrying the immortals with veil

Round it out w 3x4 scarabs for screening and engage on all fronts.

Should be interesting: painting the last models now.

Definitely an archetype and was basically the best list for Necrons in 8th (sans doom crecents). This type of list has made a few runs in GTs and majors lately. I think hardest thing will be fitting everything in some deployment zones and objective game, since you will often get outnumbered by obsec.

snoogums: "Just because something is not relavant doesn't mean it goes away completely."

Iorek: "Snoogums, you're right. Your arguments are irrelevant, and they sure as heck aren't going away." 
   
Made in fr
One Canoptek Scarab in a Swarm




South Carolina

Figured it wasn't wholly new, but I hadn't heard serious discussion about it, so... new to me.

I like skew lists. I ran 50 tesla immortals + doom6 in 8th. Not unlike Panther Sweat, 60% of the time, it worked every time.

Always Confident. Occasionally Correct. 
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine




Sacratomato

 vict0988 wrote:
 Da-Rock wrote:
How do you guys draw the line between Tournament Play - Competitive Play and Casual Play when it comes to List and Unit advice?

I don't think there is any difference between Tournament Play and Competitive Play. If you have a 9/10 list then I will want to make recommendations to make it 10/10, if you make a 2/10 list then I'll want to make recommendations to take it to a 5/10 list, because taking it to a 10/10 list will take it too far away from your list. For competitive play you shouldn't bring a list that is worse than 7/10 and for a casual game I don't think you should bring a list better than 7/10. I often try to make things work, so I go in with a starting challenge of making Nihilakh or triple Monolith work, someone telling me that I will never make a 10/10 Nihilakh or triple Monolith list isn't helping and you never know if Nihilakh is somehow the secret 11/10 dynasty or Monoliths unlock their hidden power when you take 3 at once.

If you post a list here looking for advice I assume you want to improve it, if you are already winning 70% of your games in your casual environment and you mainly play against fluffy Astra Militarum and fluffy Iyanden Craftworld Eldar then why even post the list? I recommended people try Obelisks and Canoptek Reanimators in casual games a page or two back, I do think you can learn something from playing in more casual games, while also realising that if you play in a competitive environment there is basically no chance you will have the success I had with those units. The game is pretty awful competitively at the moment with four armies where Necrons have less than 33% chance of winning, I just don't see the fun in that.


Good points, I like the 7/10 to be at min for Competitive and max for casual. I do wish that people would step back from that ever common "In a vacuum" advice on units. Tunnel vision with advice in this day and age causes many people to not even look at a unit because "Many" think its a trash unit.

I can't tell you over the years of playing since 3rd edition how many "Auto Include" units have been the worst buys and most unfun models to play. That statement doesn't take away from how effective a unit is overall.....it just means that you have to know what works for you more than what works for others on average. The "Dice gods" also laugh at the crowd speak units.

I am switching from warriors with Reapers to Flayers on one because EVERY single game a unit sits there just out of range and does nothing. That Str 5 AP -2 means nothing if you aren't in range.

Tournaments are about winning
Competitive, (Gameshop Play) is about having fun while winning
Casual play requires everyone to check that everyone is having fun win or lose
All of these have a place. I hope to see more advice that crosses all of these perspectives.

70% of all statistics are made up on the spot by 64% of the people that produce false statistics 54% of the time that they produce them. 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





 winterman wrote:
So Necrons made it to the semi finals of the Lone Star Open this weekend, losing to Nayden. Surprised no ones chatting that yet. Cool list

EDIT added wargear ref for Immortals, they had Gauss
Spoiler:
Marshall Peterson - Lone Star Open
​Battalion Detachment: 101 PL, 2,000pts, 7CP

Eternal Expansionist combo

Lokhust Lord: Voidreaper, Resurrection Orb, Warlord Trait Honourable Combatant
Overlord: Hand of the Phaeron, Orb of Eternity, Warlord Trait Implacable Conqueror, Warscythe
Technomancer: Canoptek Cloak, Veil of Darkness

5x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
5x Immortal, Gauss

2x Cryptothrall
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
6x Skorpekh Destroyers
Viral Construct Canoptek Plasmacyte
Transcendent C'tan: Cosmic Tyrant, Sky of Falling Stars, Transdimensional Thunderbolt

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm


His matchups:
1. Mechanicus W
2. Adeptus Sororitas W
3. Drukhari W
4. Custodes W
5. Drukhari L
6. Adeptus Sororitas W
7. White scars W
8. Sean Naydens mixed eldar L

I like the list a lot, other than I am not into immortals (modelling wise not ruleswise...they are superior in the current meta I think). Plays the primary well, has a resonable To the Last option. Seems like this something like this is about the best chance we have until admech gets rebalanced.

Relentless expansionist is pretty much autowin if you go first. But not great if you go second. I assume he took objective secured for the second trait. I bet this guy went first in most of his games he won and lost the ones he went second.

I figured out a long time ago immortals are superior to warriors. They don't require a babysitter chrono / dont need to be in suicide range to get 2 shots. Put them behind lychgaurd and they are free to shoot all game and are hard to remove with 3+ T5 and reanimate. The 2 5 man immortals IMO would be better off being a 10 man but I assume with experience playing the list a lot he figured he needed another unit for objective squatting. IMO immortals are a waste for this. I'd much prefer a LHD or scarab. Then again - In my necron lists I focus much more on killing than I do objective control.



   
Made in us
Irked Necron Immortal





Jackson, TN

 DogHeadGod wrote:
I'm leaning towards full vehicle with obsec + interplanetary invaders. We have the tankiest vehicles in the game, every wound protected by transhuman + a 4++ either naturally or with 1cp.

I can fit 9 while keeping action monkeys for retrieve octarius.

CCB

3 dday arks
3 tessie arks
2 annihilation barges

Patrol + spearhead

5 gauss immortals, 2x5 flayed ones for retrieve, with a chrono or techno ferrying the immortals with veil

Round it out w 3x4 scarabs for screening and engage on all fronts.

Should be interesting: painting the last models now.


A list that I am working on with the lots of Quantum Shielding vehicle idea:

Spoiler:
Spearhead Detachment
Custom Dynasty: Obsec + Invaders

Catacomb Command Barge: Voltaic Staff, Gauss Cannon, Warlord Trait: Enduring Will

Nightbringer

5x scarabs
4x scarabs

2x Doomsday Ark

1x Heavy L.Destroyer
1x Heavy L.Destroyer

2x Tesseract Ark with Gauss Cannon

Doom Scythe

Ghost Ark with 10x Gauss Reaper Warrior inside.


Using the CCB gives more mobility to put the Command Protocols where it might be needed and is a shooting platform.

Ghost ark and Necron Warriors is an Objective secured nested doll. Since many objective secured units, that are not ork or nid, typically are minimal sized of 5, starting with a single model Obsec to steal away from non-obsec units then having 10 body obsec as back up.

Dooms Scythe is used to get behind their obscured terrain to get at those non-line of sight shooters. If placed right and they do not shoot it down, should have two turns of shooting anything in their back line. Then if they bother destroying the DS after you placed it within multiple enemy units gives you an auto explode for 1cp D3 mortal wound source.

Heavy L.Destroyers can hide and do Retrieve data first two turns. Then ideally the Warriors can do the third. I recognize this only getting 3 of the 4 quarters.

The most recent test game with this list tabled a pure World Eaters CSM on turn 4 getting 90 points in total between having max Primary (45), Retrieve data (8), Purge the Vermin (15) and Grind them Down (12) + paint. Need to remember when not playing a tournament timed game, to keep at least one unit around to kill on turn 5...
   
Made in de
Ladies Love the Vibro-Cannon Operator






Hamburg

 IanMalcolmAbs wrote:
 winterman wrote:
So Necrons made it to the semi finals of the Lone Star Open this weekend, losing to Nayden. Surprised no ones chatting that yet. Cool list

EDIT added wargear ref for Immortals, they had Gauss
Spoiler:
Marshall Peterson - Lone Star Open
​Battalion Detachment: 101 PL, 2,000pts, 7CP

Eternal Expansionist combo

Lokhust Lord: Voidreaper, Resurrection Orb, Warlord Trait Honourable Combatant
Overlord: Hand of the Phaeron, Orb of Eternity, Warlord Trait Implacable Conqueror, Warscythe
Technomancer: Canoptek Cloak, Veil of Darkness

5x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
5x Immortal, Gauss

2x Cryptothrall
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
6x Skorpekh Destroyers
Viral Construct Canoptek Plasmacyte
Transcendent C'tan: Cosmic Tyrant, Sky of Falling Stars, Transdimensional Thunderbolt

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm


His matchups:
1. Mechanicus W
2. Adeptus Sororitas W
3. Drukhari W
4. Custodes W
5. Drukhari L
6. Adeptus Sororitas W
7. White scars W
8. Sean Naydens mixed eldar L

I like the list a lot, other than I am not into immortals (modelling wise not ruleswise...they are superior in the current meta I think). Plays the primary well, has a resonable To the Last option. Seems like this something like this is about the best chance we have until admech gets rebalanced.

Relentless expansionist is pretty much autowin if you go first. But not great if you go second. I assume he took objective secured for the second trait. I bet this guy went first in most of his games he won and lost the ones he went second.

I figured out a long time ago immortals are superior to warriors. They don't require a babysitter chrono / dont need to be in suicide range to get 2 shots. Put them behind lychgaurd and they are free to shoot all game and are hard to remove with 3+ T5 and reanimate. The 2 5 man immortals IMO would be better off being a 10 man but I assume with experience playing the list a lot he figured he needed another unit for objective squatting. IMO immortals are a waste for this. I'd much prefer a LHD or scarab. Then again - In my necron lists I focus much more on killing than I do objective control.




This list is already here: 40kstats.com.

Objective control is the big thing in the 9th edition - killing not so much.

I'm wondering a bit about the Lokhurst Lord as it looks similar to the Skorpekh Lord.
The difference lies basically in the Lokhurst's warscythe that he has buffed to a voidreaper.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/08/04 08:59:17


Former moderator 40kOnline

Lanchester's square law - please obey in list building!

Illumini: "And thank you for not finishing your post with a "" I'm sorry, but after 7200 's that has to be the most annoying sign-off ever."

Armies: Eldar, Necrons, Blood Angels, Grey Knights; World Eaters (30k); Bloodbound; Cryx, Circle, Cyriss 
   
Made in us
Irked Necron Immortal





Jackson, TN

 wuestenfux wrote:
 IanMalcolmAbs wrote:
 winterman wrote:
So Necrons made it to the semi finals of the Lone Star Open this weekend, losing to Nayden. Surprised no ones chatting that yet. Cool list

EDIT added wargear ref for Immortals, they had Gauss
Spoiler:
Marshall Peterson - Lone Star Open
​Battalion Detachment: 101 PL, 2,000pts, 7CP

Eternal Expansionist combo

Lokhust Lord: Voidreaper, Resurrection Orb, Warlord Trait Honourable Combatant
Overlord: Hand of the Phaeron, Orb of Eternity, Warlord Trait Implacable Conqueror, Warscythe
Technomancer: Canoptek Cloak, Veil of Darkness

5x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
9x Immortal, Gauss
5x Immortal, Gauss

2x Cryptothrall
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
9x Lychguard: Sword and Dispersion Shield
6x Skorpekh Destroyers
Viral Construct Canoptek Plasmacyte
Transcendent C'tan: Cosmic Tyrant, Sky of Falling Stars, Transdimensional Thunderbolt

3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm
3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm


His matchups:
1. Mechanicus W
2. Adeptus Sororitas W
3. Drukhari W
4. Custodes W
5. Drukhari L
6. Adeptus Sororitas W
7. White scars W
8. Sean Naydens mixed eldar L

I like the list a lot, other than I am not into immortals (modelling wise not ruleswise...they are superior in the current meta I think). Plays the primary well, has a resonable To the Last option. Seems like this something like this is about the best chance we have until admech gets rebalanced.

Relentless expansionist is pretty much autowin if you go first. But not great if you go second. I assume he took objective secured for the second trait. I bet this guy went first in most of his games he won and lost the ones he went second.

I figured out a long time ago immortals are superior to warriors. They don't require a babysitter chrono / dont need to be in suicide range to get 2 shots. Put them behind lychgaurd and they are free to shoot all game and are hard to remove with 3+ T5 and reanimate. The 2 5 man immortals IMO would be better off being a 10 man but I assume with experience playing the list a lot he figured he needed another unit for objective squatting. IMO immortals are a waste for this. I'd much prefer a LHD or scarab. Then again - In my necron lists I focus much more on killing than I do objective control.




This list is already here: 40kstats.com.

Objective control is the big thing in the 9th edition - killing not so much.

I'm wondering a bit about the Lokhurst Lord as it looks similar to the Skorpekh Lord.
The difference lies basically in the Lokhurst's warscythe that he has buffed to a voidreaper.


And that the L-Lord has fly to get through or over enemies to charge into characters.
   
Made in us
Shas'la with Pulse Carbine




Sacratomato

The who goes 1st wins is a reality no matter what army you have or Dynastic code. Its something we all wish we had an answer for.

10 Immortals is good, but I have found the 20 man much harder to remove than a 10 man immortal so I guess it just comes down to the style your list uses.

I have found 10 Deathmarks to be great, but when I play someone with big stuff and not as much T4 characters they don't perform as well.

I think Immortals have a place just like 20 man Warrior squads do.

70% of all statistics are made up on the spot by 64% of the people that produce false statistics 54% of the time that they produce them. 
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon





The House that Peterbilt

 IanMalcolmAbs wrote:

Relentless expansionist is pretty much autowin if you go first. But not great if you go second. I assume he took objective secured for the second trait. I bet this guy went first in most of his games he won and lost the ones he went second.

I figured out a long time ago immortals are superior to warriors. They don't require a babysitter chrono / dont need to be in suicide range to get 2 shots. Put them behind lychgaurd and they are free to shoot all game and are hard to remove with 3+ T5 and reanimate. The 2 5 man immortals IMO would be better off being a 10 man but I assume with experience playing the list a lot he figured he needed another unit for objective squatting. IMO immortals are a waste for this. I'd much prefer a LHD or scarab. Then again - In my necron lists I focus much more on killing than I do objective control.

Yeah he used the usual combo, 6" move and obsec. Even if you go second, you can back pedal to better positions and at that event it was player placed terrain (on your half of the board, with rules for spacing from other pieces and such) heavily skewed with obscuring keyword. I think that was a huge reason this list could flourish.

For objective babysitters, he's got the scarabs and thralls, LHD though...I see where you are coming from there, at 60 points they are good, but the durability, double count for objectives and general flex you have with 5 models vs 1 has merit.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 wuestenfux wrote:

I'm wondering a bit about the Lokhurst Lord as it looks similar to the Skorpekh Lord.
The difference lies basically in the Lokhurst's warscythe that he has buffed to a voidreaper.

Don't forget fly as Draco765 mentions, and can take the res orb.

I suspect its the res orb that seals the deal though. Getting two chances to bring back Lychguard in a list like this, but still buff the skorpekhs, better all around for the list then meh shooting and durability that the skorpekh lord provides.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also the list gets another shot at greatness this weekend. Another really good Necron player is taking it to the Charity Hammer 32 person event. Which is a bracketed, streamed tourney with some of the strongest players in North America in attendance. Don't think he will go far but will be fun to see nonetheless.

https://www.charityhammer.com/

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/08/04 17:53:37


snoogums: "Just because something is not relavant doesn't mean it goes away completely."

Iorek: "Snoogums, you're right. Your arguments are irrelevant, and they sure as heck aren't going away." 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: