Switch Theme:

Heresy/30k - News & Rumours - Imperial Fist Upgrades + Legion Focus: Iron Hands  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Terrifying Doombull




 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gert wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

Ka'Bandha was responsible for bringing forth the Red Thirst in the Blood Angels and may also have been the initial trigger of the Black Rage. He is the Doom of the Blood Angels and his greatest goal is to either turn them to the service of Khorne or to annihilate them and place their skulls at the foot of his master's throne.


So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?


Always true of special characters, which honestly makes FW a better place for them.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

Just like every special character that's not part of your specific faction. Wind your neck in and find something else to complain about.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




New Jersey, State of Perfection

 GaroRobe wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
How whelming.

Valrak is going to be so annoyed...


Nah, it'll give him an opportunity to do more "The Horus Heresy starter will be revealed soon" type videos.


Yup, they will have an asanine title like "DID GW TEASE HORUS HERESY RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES?" or "WE MAY FINALLY HAVE A RELEASE DAY FOR HORUS HERESY", and it'll be a 9 minute video of him using a lot of words to say nothing of substance.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






The reason why they should reveal the box, even if it was not due to be released soon, is that people anticipating it ruins all their other reveals. People want to see the box, so every reveal which is not that is a disappointment, even if it was something pretty cool.

   
Made in us
Araqiel






 Crimson wrote:
The reason why they should reveal the box, even if it was not due to be released soon, is that people anticipating it ruins all their other reveals. People want to see the box, so every reveal which is not that is a disappointment, even if it was something pretty cool.


I wonder what percentage of the HH player base has seen the leaked set though?

Furthermore, I think being perpetually disappointed is just part of being a HH player. I think it's even in the rule-book somewhere...
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 jojo_monkey_boy wrote:

I wonder what percentage of the HH player base has seen the leaked set though?

Furthermore, I think being perpetually disappointed is just part of being a HH player. I think it's even in the rule-book somewhere...

Fair.


   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gert wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

Ka'Bandha was responsible for bringing forth the Red Thirst in the Blood Angels and may also have been the initial trigger of the Black Rage. He is the Doom of the Blood Angels and his greatest goal is to either turn them to the service of Khorne or to annihilate them and place their skulls at the foot of his master's throne.


So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?


Unless you run a demon army and want a centerpiece. Or are you now saying they should only ever do Space Marines.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon






 Crimson wrote:
The reason why they should reveal the box, even if it was not due to be released soon, is that people anticipating it ruins all their other reveals. People want to see the box, so every reveal which is not that is a disappointment, even if it was something pretty cool.


Do not, my friends, become addicted to leaks. They will take hold of you, and you will resent their absence!
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
 Gert wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Holy random boss NPC, Batman! Is this guy so big in the Horus Heresy books that they think he needs a dedicated model? And does that mean we're now also getting to look forward to a round of other greater daemons for Forge World to milk now that the Primarchs are done?

Ka'Bandha was responsible for bringing forth the Red Thirst in the Blood Angels and may also have been the initial trigger of the Black Rage. He is the Doom of the Blood Angels and his greatest goal is to either turn them to the service of Khorne or to annihilate them and place their skulls at the foot of his master's throne.


So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

He fought Sanquinius at the Eternity gate. It is an iconic part of the Siege of Terra. In other words if you care about HH then he is not irrelevant.
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




New Jersey, State of Perfection

Its true, recent leaks have really sucked me in in a way that I haven't been in a very long time because of the absence of them. Leaks drive speculation and hype in a manner which can actually be addictive.

This ain't no pansy GW Armor, son - Digital Sculpting Plog, Now with Heavy Weapon Platforms!
Sympathy for the Devil, or: The Project Log from Hell

Ma55ter_fett wrote:It reads like the ramblings of a Nigerian lobotomized Shakespeare typed into a cellphone with a very aggressive autocomplete function.
 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 Gert wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

Just like every special character that's not part of your specific faction. Wind your neck in and find something else to complain about.


I’m with him, to be honest. There are loads of characters and units that we already have rules for that we don’t have models for yet.
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






Can you name 5 characters that have rules but no model that are important parts of a campaign/story?
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




i wonder how big he is compared to An'ggrath the Unbound (ie. FW bloodthirster)...

kinda wish he didnt have armour but oh well, being a FW kit wont have options. still very nice.

SF
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 Gert wrote:
Can you name 5 characters that have rules but no model that are important parts of a campaign/story?


Why does that matter? He’s not even that important to the story. We aren’t at the Siege yet.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Theophony wrote:
Unless you run a demon army and want a centerpiece. Or are you now saying they should only ever do Space Marines.

I really like that complaint as demons, particularly Khorne, swim in centrepieces (Kabandha, Anggrath, Skarbrand, plus 3 different types of Bloodthirster, allowing you to field six different Greater Daemons before you need to repeat, not to mention system specific stuff like Vorgaroth the Scarred, and more Khornate demon princes than generic primaris Lts) while SM, especially primaris, sit at big fat ZERO. Well, I guess you can bring converted baneblade if you shell for extra expensive, direct-order-from-UK book. Gee, that suuure sounds equal!
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Gert wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

Just like every special character that's not part of your specific faction. Wind your neck in and find something else to complain about.


Complaining about everything GW does and might does is his sole reason to be here.

2022 painted/bought: 227/322 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Oh good, just what I always wanted for my heresy army...
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gert wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:

So, completly irrelevant to the absolute majority?

Just like every special character that's not part of your specific faction. Wind your neck in and find something else to complain about.


This. At least this guy is still around in the lore and appears in 40k. I think he's also pretty recognizable (at least name wise, he's not as unique looking as skarbrand). It's not like every HH character they release is so huge or important primarch-like figure.

Is Armillus Dynat not also an irrelevant character?
Archmagos Draykavac?
Hvral Redblade?


There are so many pointless 30k characters that get released over the "big" names. I'd even wage Saul didn't necessarily need a model, and he's pretty relevant.
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy





My big question is when are we getting a flipped alpharius model to run as omegon, my alphas certainly need two primarchs on the board

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






 ImAGeek wrote:
Why does that matter? He’s not even that important to the story. We aren’t at the Siege yet.

Nice cop-out, would be a shame if Ka'Bandha already had rules and was an important character in a current HH Black Book. Oh wait!
Spoiler:

Genuinely funny that you couldn't even produce one example to back up your argument.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/28 17:44:36


 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 Gert wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:
Why does that matter? He’s not even that important to the story. We aren’t at the Siege yet.

Nice cop-out, would be a shame if Ka'Bandha already had rules and was an important character in a current HH Black Book. Oh wait!
Spoiler:

Genuinely funny that you couldn't even produce one example to back up your argument.


I’m not overly invested in the argument tbh. I just wish we’d seen other stuff.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Gert wrote:
Can you name 5 characters that have rules but no model that are important parts of a campaign/story?


Why does that matter? He’s not even that important to the story. We aren’t at the Siege yet.


Are you sure that they aren't? With the novels being there already and the opportunity for some cross-promotion? Unless I missed it, the studio hasn't given any guidance regarding what's coming next in terms of campaign books, factions, etc. I don't see how you can rule out the possibility that the next phase for HH is the Siege.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Thing is though Geek, if we had seen "Other stuff", it would just be a Nightlords Praetor or some other irrelevant thing like that. Personally I don't mind that it was this huge bloodthirster, it's about as irrelevant to me as any other FW HH reveal they might have given us.
   
Made in us
Changing Our Legion's Name






 Gert wrote:
Can you name 5 characters that have rules but no model that are important parts of a campaign/story?


Salamanders Praetor
Raven Guard Praetor
Iron Warriors Praetor and Destroyers
The Militia range in general, not just characters but everything else more or less.
Slaanesh and Tzeetch Heralds (the gods aren't called this but there are already Nugle and Khorne ones so it's easier to keep the names)

Probably more but these are off the top of my head.
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

JWBS wrote:
Thing is though Geek, if we had seen "Other stuff", it would just be a Nightlords Praetor or some other irrelevant thing like that. Personally I don't mind that it was this huge bloodthirster, it's about as irrelevant to me as any other FW HH reveal they might have given us.


Well not Night Lords as they’ve got theirs, but I’m looking forward to seeing the Praetors for the remaining legions, they’ve been on a damn good run with them.
   
Made in gb
Never Forget Isstvan!






 ProfSrlojohn wrote:

Salamanders Praetor
Raven Guard Praetor
Iron Warriors Praetor and Destroyers
The Militia range in general, not just characters but everything else more or less.
Slaanesh and Tzeetch Heralds (the gods aren't called this but there are already Nugle and Khorne ones so it's easier to keep the names)

Probably more but these are off the top of my head.

None of those are named characters which was the specific critcism.
But to give a reply;
Yes, at some point.
Yes, at some point.
Yes, at some point.
No, because there isn't supposed to be a Militia range, the whole point of that army is maximum creative freedom.
No, because the FW Daemon Princes are named characters in 40k and the Heralds were made prior to actual GW herald models of which there are multiple in plastic.
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 Gert wrote:
 ProfSrlojohn wrote:

Salamanders Praetor
Raven Guard Praetor
Iron Warriors Praetor and Destroyers
The Militia range in general, not just characters but everything else more or less.
Slaanesh and Tzeetch Heralds (the gods aren't called this but there are already Nugle and Khorne ones so it's easier to keep the names)

Probably more but these are off the top of my head.

None of those are named characters which was the specific critcism.
But to give a reply;
Yes, at some point.
Yes, at some point.
Yes, at some point.
No, because there isn't supposed to be a Militia range, the whole point of that army is maximum creative freedom.
No, because the FW Daemon Princes are named characters in 40k and the Heralds were made prior to actual GW herald models of which there are multiple in plastic.


It wasn’t, actually, I said ‘characters and units’
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




Why would HH players be happy with a single setting neutral demon model? Literally anything in power armour would be more useful to more players than Ka'Bandha.
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Primus Commanding Cult Forces






Southeastern PA, USA

JSG wrote:
Why would HH players be happy with a single setting neutral demon model? Literally anything in power armour would be more useful to more players than Ka'Bandha.


The HH audience is more about collecting than playing anyway. They know who’s buying their expensive resin. That’s why Im still skeptical regarding exactly how “core” or “mainstream” HH will become.

My AT Gallery
My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





I agree. This daemon thing will appeal to loyalists, traitors, collectors, painters, everyone (to some extent). Some random Alpha Legion / Thousand Sons Praetor? Nobody cares. They'll sell 1000 units and then it will be relegated to the crypts of irrelevance.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: