Switch Theme:

Deathwatch Overkill (Deathwatch vs Genestealer cult board game) - 40k rules, free download pg1  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





 durecellrabbit wrote:

Originally I did think of trying to mix between my yellow and ordinary flesh paint but wasn't really sure it would work well with my painting skill. I never consider using looking for naturally yellow skin paints though. I've got most of the VGC range so I'll have a look and see what I can find. Thanks for the idea.


If you want Asian "yellow" colored flesh, try Tamiya "Flesh". Was using it to paint some German WWII troops. When the paint dried I did a double take because they all looked Asian...

T
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 Kanluwen wrote:


165$ to add 10 models to my Deathwatch colletion.... Thats a big pass in my opinion.

Do you know how much individual plastic blisters are right now?
$30-$33 for a Space Marine character.


I've seen that mentioned a few times and I have to admit - it sounds just as ridiculous now as the first time I read it.

Just because GW sees fit to charge $30 for individual plastic miniatures these days doesn't really make it a bargain to 'only' pay "165$ for 10" of them!
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 Alpharius wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:


165$ to add 10 models to my Deathwatch colletion.... Thats a big pass in my opinion.

Do you know how much individual plastic blisters are right now?
$30-$33 for a Space Marine character.


I've seen that mentioned a few times and I have to admit - it sounds just as ridiculous now as the first time I read it.

Just because GW sees fit to charge $30 for individual plastic miniatures these days doesn't really make it a bargain to 'only' pay "165$ for 10" of them!


except you get a 600 point genestealer cult army to go with that. And if the rules are indeed as good as early rumors state, I think selling the genestealer cult half will be very, very easy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/28 18:07:02


 
   
Made in us
Mekboy Hammerin' Somethin'




Cary, NC

timd wrote:

If you want Asian "yellow" colored flesh, try Tamiya "Flesh". Was using it to paint some German WWII troops. When the paint dried I did a double take because they all looked Asian...

T



Completely OT, but that totally makes sense to me. Tamiya is a Japanese company, so why shouldn't their default 'flesh tone' be, as you say, 'Asian'? Technically, GW, being in the oh-so-sunny British Isles, should have a default flesh tone of pasty flesh, right?

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
[***]







 M0ff3l wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:


165$ to add 10 models to my Deathwatch colletion.... Thats a big pass in my opinion.

Do you know how much individual plastic blisters are right now?
$30-$33 for a Space Marine character.


I've seen that mentioned a few times and I have to admit - it sounds just as ridiculous now as the first time I read it.

Just because GW sees fit to charge $30 for individual plastic miniatures these days doesn't really make it a bargain to 'only' pay "165$ for 10" of them!


except you get a 600 point genestealer cult army to go with that. And if the rules are indeed as good as early rumors state, I think selling the genestealer cult half will be very, very easy.


There are a lot of ifs and suppositions in there - and I'm still not seeing anything that has single plastic miniatures at $30+ making much sense!
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




To help with any mobility issues, you can take those Drop Pod blobs that the Tyranids have.

It isn't any limo, but you can't always get what you want.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
To help with any mobility issues, you can take those Drop Pod blobs that the Tyranids have.

It isn't any limo, but you can't always get what you want.


You can only do that if the genestealer cult is battle brothers with tyranids. Something I have not seen as confirmed yet? If you have I would love the source tho!
   
Made in gb
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar





I noticed that they're selling foreign language editions on the UK webstore. Didn't they shut down their regional European offices and stop doing foreign language translations a few years back?

So this is a welcome change of policy.
   
Made in us
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





Minneapolis, MN

good. GOOD. GOOOOOD.....
[Thumb - 12805728_10107279837075080_1074615109190951359_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 12802714_10107279837424380_4784542950213325720_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 12800308_10107279837324580_1354382350495201598_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 12799157_10107279837314600_6745214468403695210_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 12798831_10107279837239750_2493723597608564029_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 1915579_10107279837214800_5590262387088577350_n.jpg]

[Thumb - 12805681_10107279837115000_2239821042544151204_n.jpg]

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2016/02/28 19:44:20


2015-2016 GT Record
Iron Halo GT - 1st Place
Bay Area Open 2016 - 2nd Place
WAAAGHFEST 2016 - 1st Place
Flying Monkey 2016 - 1st Place
Adepticon 2016 - 2nd Place
Renegade GT 2015 - 1st Overall / 2nd General
Dragonfall GT 2015 - 1st Place
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. -Chessmaster Tartakower 
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






aberrants seem really good. The purestrain princelings are just 15 point genestealers with stealth and hit & run (pretty good, but youre always gonna put the patriarch here). Magus has another 2 powers from telepathy (with BS this time) so optimal chance for invis! Familiars are only 2 extra S4 AP- attacks (with rending) in close combat, kind of expected more from these. Formation also gives all units fearless and adamantium will while the patriarch lives... very good 600 point formation imo. Really want to see the last unit (3rd & 4th gen guys, they should be 130 points) and if they can ally with nids.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/28 20:02:41


 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
To help with any mobility issues, you can take those Drop Pod blobs that the Tyranids have.

Tyranocytes only transport things with the Tyranid faction. No level of allying can take advantage of that.

"'players must agree how they are going to select their armies, and if any restrictions apply to the number and type of models they can use."

This is an actual rule in the actual rulebook. Quit whining about how you can imagine someone's army touching you in a bad place and play by the actual rules.


Freelance Ontologist

When people ask, "What's the point in understanding everything?" they've just disqualified themselves from using questions and should disappear in a puff of paradox. But they don't understand and just continue existing, which are also their only two strategies for life. 
   
Made in gb
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant





Liverpool, England

Those are some damn good rules IMO. I can see potential for fun with Patriarch Ghosar, he's everything I wanted, and the Trysst family seem to be pretty good too. There's not one page of rules there that have disappointed me, and I think I now need these models.
   
Made in gb
Angered Reaver Arena Champion




Connah's Quay, North Wales

Those rules are actually really, really fun! I think they're perfect for a Genestealer cult army and I will have a lot of fun making a casual list out of these guys, a few Lictors, Deathleaper and some Raveners.

 
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Deathwatch rules are kinda lame. Genestealers are good though thankfully the nids finally get something.
   
Made in us
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





Minneapolis, MN

Note the symbol at the top. It's the tyranid faction symbol, so no issues there!

 DarknessEternal wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
To help with any mobility issues, you can take those Drop Pod blobs that the Tyranids have.

Tyranocytes only transport things with the Tyranid faction. No level of allying can take advantage of that.

2015-2016 GT Record
Iron Halo GT - 1st Place
Bay Area Open 2016 - 2nd Place
WAAAGHFEST 2016 - 1st Place
Flying Monkey 2016 - 1st Place
Adepticon 2016 - 2nd Place
Renegade GT 2015 - 1st Overall / 2nd General
Dragonfall GT 2015 - 1st Place
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. -Chessmaster Tartakower 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





wowww, You can put 2!!!!!!!! genestealers anywhere on the table!!!!...

The formation have very good rules, but are very small units.. :( and characters are uniques, so only one formation its possible...

waiting for the codex.

   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 Fxeni wrote:
Note the symbol at the top. It's the tyranid faction symbol, so no issues there!

 DarknessEternal wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
To help with any mobility issues, you can take those Drop Pod blobs that the Tyranids have.

Tyranocytes only transport things with the Tyranid faction. No level of allying can take advantage of that.


Its not the tyranid faction symbol, it's a new symbol. Check the allies matrix, the tyranids symbol is 2 of those symbols combined together back to back!

Btw do you have a source for the pics? I really want to see the last unit!!
   
Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes






People can moan about GW pricing, but those models are fantastic and I think £100 is a fantastic deal (£75) with discount.

You cant complain really.

   
Made in us
Hierarch





Welp, that's an almost guaranteed t1 charge for the stealers.

 Tamereth wrote:

We'll take your Magnus leak and raise you plastic sisters, take that internet.
 
   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






 Swampmist wrote:
Welp, that's an almost guaranteed t1 charge for the stealers.


AND the patriarch...
   
Made in us
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





Minneapolis, MN

Other formation

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2016/02/28 20:39:33


2015-2016 GT Record
Iron Halo GT - 1st Place
Bay Area Open 2016 - 2nd Place
WAAAGHFEST 2016 - 1st Place
Flying Monkey 2016 - 1st Place
Adepticon 2016 - 2nd Place
Renegade GT 2015 - 1st Overall / 2nd General
Dragonfall GT 2015 - 1st Place
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. -Chessmaster Tartakower 
   
Made in us
Hierarch





I can imagine that being amazing against shooting Deathstars; charge the shootiest thing, hope it takes two turns for you to win, charge something else.

 Tamereth wrote:

We'll take your Magnus leak and raise you plastic sisters, take that internet.
 
   
Made in us
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





Minneapolis, MN

Final formation:
[Thumb - image.jpeg]


2015-2016 GT Record
Iron Halo GT - 1st Place
Bay Area Open 2016 - 2nd Place
WAAAGHFEST 2016 - 1st Place
Flying Monkey 2016 - 1st Place
Adepticon 2016 - 2nd Place
Renegade GT 2015 - 1st Overall / 2nd General
Dragonfall GT 2015 - 1st Place
Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake. -Chessmaster Tartakower 
   
Made in us
Rampaging Carnifex





South Florida

Well thats a nice upgrade for the stock Genestealers. Hit and Run and Stealth have been something they always should have had - hopefully the Tyranids get these changes too. Not that it would make them playable...

   
Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes






Ouch, mining lasers sting.

   
Made in nl
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






Fxeni, what's your source? Do they know if they can ally with regular tyranids?
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





rollawaythestone wrote:
Well thats a nice upgrade for the stock Genestealers. Hit and Run and Stealth have been something they always should have had - hopefully the Tyranids get these changes too. Not that it would make them playable...

if they get a formation similar to the GS ... they are getting played
   
Made in gb
Angered Reaver Arena Champion




Connah's Quay, North Wales

Those Hybrids are hell'a cheap! 110 points for 16 models kitted out with 2 Grenade Launchers and 2 24'' Las-cannons? That's gotta be like 5 points a pop including the average price for those kinda weapons!

 
   
Made in gb
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM





Thanks for posting the rules :-) looks like You get a nice little 600 point army with the GS Cult. I wonder if we can add any tanks to the force, or if we can only ally with Tyranids.

Bye bye Dakkadakka, happy hobbying! I really enjoyed my time on here. Opinions were always my own :-) 
   
Made in gb
Using Inks and Washes






Yup, missing some Limousine.

   
 
Forum Index » Games Workshop Board Games & Specialist Games
Go to: