Switch Theme:

BattleTech: Clan invasion Kickstarter live.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion

 Mmmpi wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
You say “omnicidal lunatic” like it’s a bad thing.

MALVINA FOREVER

What about Circe Clannister?

Her name is Katherine.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut

Ah, I've got my pychotics mixed up again.

Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut

 Mmmpi wrote:
Ah, I've got my pychotics mixed up again.

Psychopaths and/or narcissists. Neither Cersei nor Katherine are properly speaking psychotic, per the actual technical definition of the term.

The use of mentally unbalanced characters though as the villains is another tired pattern in BattleTech, and one that is unfortunately still continuing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/07/02 11:09:59

Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut

It's part of their recommended diet of lead paint chips.

Made in ca
Decrepit Dakkanaut

You mean wall candy?

Made in gb
Yu Jing Martial Arts Ninja

North Wales

 Manchu wrote:
Decadent freebirther drama ...

If the Inner Sphere was run on Clan rules things would have been a lot different after Victor's return from Strana Mechty...

Yvonne goes crying to Victor for totally stuffing things up.

Victor challenges Katherine to Trial of Grievance.

One cERPPC to the head.

Job done.

Seyla.

Made in gb
Mighty Vampire Count

UK

 Chillreaper wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
Decadent freebirther drama ...

If the Inner Sphere was run on Clan rules things would have been a lot different after Victor's return from Strana Mechty...

Yvonne goes crying to Victor for totally stuffing things up.

Victor challenges Katherine to Trial of Grievance.

One cERPPC to the head.

Job done.

Seyla.

Although Clan poltics does exist as well

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction

 Chillreaper wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
Decadent freebirther drama ...

If the Inner Sphere was run on Clan rules things would have been a lot different after Victor's return from Strana Mechty...

Yvonne goes crying to Victor for totally stuffing things up.

Victor challenges Katherine to Trial of Grievance.

One cERPPC to the head.

Job done.

Seyla.

well yeah but it wasn't Victor who went off to join the clans. I honestly NEVER understood what Vald saw in her.

BrianDavion wrote:
 Chillreaper wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
Decadent freebirther drama ...

If the Inner Sphere was run on Clan rules things would have been a lot different after Victor's return from Strana Mechty...

Yvonne goes crying to Victor for totally stuffing things up.

Victor challenges Katherine to Trial of Grievance.

One cERPPC to the head.

Job done.

Seyla.

well yeah but it wasn't Victor who went off to join the clans. I honestly NEVER understood what Vald saw in her.

Definitely the weirdest hook-up since Ninyu Kerai Indrahar and Cassie Suthorn.

Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut

Nurglitch wrote:
You mean wall candy?

Yup, that damn lostech paint!

Automatically Appended Next Post:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Chillreaper wrote:
 Manchu wrote:
Decadent freebirther drama ...

If the Inner Sphere was run on Clan rules things would have been a lot different after Victor's return from Strana Mechty...

Yvonne goes crying to Victor for totally stuffing things up.

Victor challenges Katherine to Trial of Grievance.

One cERPPC to the head.

Job done.

Seyla.

well yeah but it wasn't Victor who went off to join the clans. I honestly NEVER understood what Vald saw in her.

Maybe he liked blondes? Or he thought banging Phelan's cousin/relative was a revenge thing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/03 00:08:04

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Nurglitch wrote:
You mean wall candy?
That's a deep cut...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

So... bad news?

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord

Yes. Just means another 20 years of getting zero Robotech products in the US.

 Elbows wrote:
Yes. Just means another 20 years of getting zero Robotech products in the US.

well why actually produce stuff when you can just bully smaller companies that create anything remotely mech related in an attempt to get settlement money from them?

the first Lawsuit against FASA was... at least understandable. their later ones against Pihirana games and HG was just... absolutely unforgivable corperate bullying.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/07/06 06:54:00

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut

I thought that the last court ruling told them they couldn't do that anymore, they could only bring suit over direct infringement cases.

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

the first Lawsuit against FASA was... at least understandable. their later ones against Pihirana games and HG was just... absolutely unforgivable corperate bullying.

The first one against FASA was corporate bullying also. If you look at Harmony Gold's history, it is full of lawsuits. The last two dismissed with Prejudice (one against Hasbro). Japanese Court Ruled that Studio Nue owns the Intellectual rights to Macross, not Tatsunoko Productions who give harmony gold their license to distribute. Incidentally Fasa's licensing came from Twentieth Century Imports, who got it from ... Studio Nue.

I thought that the last court ruling told them they couldn't do that anymore, they could only bring suit over direct infringement cases.

Pretty much at this point they are only going to be able to sue over Black Market Copies of DVDs they make.

Yes. Just means another 20 years of getting zero Robotech products in the US.

This, this is what that extension means. I suspect Tatsunoko productions does not get royalties from any of the merchandise or this would be a stupid move on their part. They may be doing it to screw Studio Nue out of their potential earnings.

Oh well. Many of the redesigns are simply better than the originals. The Original Warhammer was one of the best designed Mecha ever in my opinion. The Catalyst redesign by Shimmering Sword just takes that to a new level. I hope I don't need to purchase 12 lances to get 12 models. I don't need 12 of the other mechs it will come with.

 Mmmpi wrote:
I thought that the last court ruling told them they couldn't do that anymore, they could only bring suit over direct infringement cases.

they did, I was being sarcasitic. if you read the judges ruling and read between the lines it's apparently pretty obvious he was PISSED with HG for wasting his time.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in gb
Stone Bonkers Fabricator General

We'll find out soon enough eh.

BrianDavion wrote:
 Gitzbitah wrote:
That's really surprising. I thought all the 3025 grognards who pop a vein in their forehead at the mention of pulse weaponry were all too busy swooning over the plastic Marauder.

It looks like this will have something for everyone- and I'd expect a Clan only and Inner Sphere only pledge, especially with the way the mechs are already packaged. Given how the Clan invasion was finally stopped- it's even probable there will be a Comguard Level II pack at some point in the campaign with Star League designs.

Now once the kickstarter comments start up, especially with stretch goals, you'll see vatbirth, freebirth, and all the other wonderful epithets that the two factions hold for each other.

keep in mind the 3025 grognards may be vocal but they're a small aprt of the battletech community a very very small part. and the rest of the community laughs at them openly TBH.

they're the Btech equivilant of that guy whose never moved beyond 2nd edition D&D. and what 40k players in ten years will inevitaly think of the people hating the post gathering storm era

>People who have an opinion about a piece of fiction/preference for a certain ruleset.
>People who laugh at other people for having an opinion on a piece of fiction/preference for a certain ruleset.

I know which group seems farcical to me, and it ain't the "grognards".

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Trust me man, it's the "grognards". And you're misrepresenting it completely.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Trust me man, it's the "grognards". And you're misrepresenting it completely.

What's to misrepresent? Choosing not to play versions of D&D past 2nd doesn't make you a bad person. Disliking and ignoring post-Gathering Storm 40K fluff doesn't make you a bad person. Since those are supposedly the equivalents of BattleTech fans who prefer to discard post-3025, I can only conclude they're not bad people either.

Laughing at people for not sharing your own taste, however...

[...]

Ragin' Ork Dreadnought

Monarchy of TBD

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh, my intention was only to amuse by playing up the stereotypes around those who exclusively play 3025.

Everyone has their favorite era, and the wonderful thing about Battletech is it's there for everyone. I love that you could pick it up after 20 years, and only have a few small interactions different in actual gameplay.

I enjoy playing in most eras- though I must admit I'm not a fan of the Dark Age. To me, with all the Battlemechs out there and available to pilot I want to try them all, not just the ones that were out at release. But hey, if I'm the bad guy that's pretty normal- my favorite faction are Word of Blake!

Klawz-Ramming is a subset of citrus fruit?
Gwar- "And everyone wants a bigger Spleen!"
Mercurial wrote:
I admire your aplomb and instate you as Baron of the Seas and Lord Marshall of Privateers.
Orkeosaurus wrote:Star Trek also said we'd have X-Wings by now. We all see how that prediction turned out.
Orkeosaurus, on homophobia, the nature of homosexuality, and the greatness of George Takei.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleyways and mugs them for loose grammar.

Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion

my favorite faction are Word of Blake!

yeah ok we can't be friends anymore! j/k

*is pretty sure his favorite faction is obvious*

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer

BrianDavion wrote:
my favorite faction are Word of Blake!

yeah ok we can't be friends anymore! j/k

*is pretty sure his favorite faction is obvious*

Is it the Draconis Combine?

Made in jp
Battleship Captain

The Land of the Rising Sun

Capellan Confederation!

M.

Jenkins: You don't have jurisdiction here!
Smith Jamison: We aren't here, which means when we open up on you and shred your bodies with automatic fire then this will never have happened.

About the Clans: "Those brief outbursts of sense can't hold back the wave of sibko bred, over hormoned sociopaths that they crank out though."

Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion

 Miguelsan wrote:
Capellan Confederation!

M.

Don't make me "liberate" you.

Spoiler:

 Yodhrin wrote:
What's to misrepresent? Choosing not to play versions of D&D past 2nd doesn't make you a bad person. Disliking and ignoring post-Gathering Storm 40K fluff doesn't make you a bad person. Since those are supposedly the equivalents of BattleTech fans who prefer to discard post-3025, I can only conclude they're not bad people either.
As I said, you are misrepresenting it completely.

The grogs aren't people who dislike post 3025 stuff. The grogs are people who believe that the game is forever ruined/tainted by anything from the Clans onwards, constantly denigrate it, and complain about it all the time, attacking and insulting anyone who dares to go beyond the 4th Succession War.

They're not you disliking Dark Imperium. They're something beyond that.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
What's to misrepresent? Choosing not to play versions of D&D past 2nd doesn't make you a bad person. Disliking and ignoring post-Gathering Storm 40K fluff doesn't make you a bad person. Since those are supposedly the equivalents of BattleTech fans who prefer to discard post-3025, I can only conclude they're not bad people either.
As I said, you are misrepresenting it completely.

The grogs aren't people who dislike post 3025 stuff. The grogs are people who believe that the game is forever ruined/tainted by anything from the Clans onwards, constantly denigrate it, and complain about it all the time, attacking and insulting anyone who dares to go beyond the 4th Succession War.

They're not you disliking Dark Imperium. They're something beyond that.

to use a 40k comparison, this would be someone who on Dakka dakka goes onto every thread that so much as mentions space marines, and says how aweful primaris and the gathering storm is, implies anyone who likes Primaris, Yannari, Gulliman or anything else from gathering storm or post is a tasteless idiot, and anyone who uses Primaris marines is "playing wrong"

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in us
Dakka Veteran

Armpit of NY

 H.B.M.C. wrote:

The grogs aren't people who dislike post 3025 stuff. The grogs are people who believe that the game is forever ruined/tainted by anything from the Clans onwards, constantly denigrate it, and complain about it all the time, attacking and insulting anyone who dares to go beyond the 4th Succession War.
They're not you disliking Dark Imperium. They're something beyond that.

More baloney served up. What’s toxic is ‘gatekeepers’ who feel they decide what constitutes ‘acceptable’ fandom. I am free to say Battletech fiction sucks from the Clans onward. You can disagree, but that doesn’t make you any more correct than me on an opinion, or me less of a fan. If you like the Clans, good for you. Sorry you can’t deal with it that some don’t, but that’s life.

 totalfailure wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:

The grogs aren't people who dislike post 3025 stuff. The grogs are people who believe that the game is forever ruined/tainted by anything from the Clans onwards, constantly denigrate it, and complain about it all the time, attacking and insulting anyone who dares to go beyond the 4th Succession War.
They're not you disliking Dark Imperium. They're something beyond that.

More baloney served up. What’s toxic is ‘gatekeepers’ who feel they decide what constitutes ‘acceptable’ fandom. I am free to say Battletech fiction sucks from the Clans onward. You can disagree, but that doesn’t make you any more correct than me on an opinion, or me less of a fan. If you like the Clans, good for you. Sorry you can’t deal with it that some don’t, but that’s life.

no ones gate keeping, I simply said by and large that kinda additude wasn't the main stream of the battletech fanbase

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two

Made in us
Slaanesh Havoc with Blastmaster

No more monkey business, harmony Gold! I want my Marauder!

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: