Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar news & rumours : Malign Portents  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'm suspecting GW will find a way to release another SC hero, even when elves get their turn. 

Meh, maybe. More likely I think they'll settle for a alliance though, something like a Shadelight formation with the knight-azyros or the like.


On another note anyone interested by that Coalescence narrative event for Malign Portents?

I like the event list ideas.


* One List where all models fit into ONE battalion (Your Stronghold List)
* One Path to Glory List + 5 additional rolls on the tables.
* One Skirmish Warband that equals at least 75 Renown
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





I have to say, while it's yet another Stormcast, it's an actually visually interesting Stormcast and I might actually get one. If the Shadespire ones were more like him I'd buy a set for myself...especially if the Reavers were replaced with Darkoath warriors. Him being a pricy SC hero is the only thing that might stop me from buying my first golden boy not included in some set.

Yes, GW's refusal to give us normal humand is maddening. Yes, I want the designs and races the Old World had supposedly to be blown up for to include.

But I disagree that he, standing in his own, is in any way boring. IMO the fact that there are way too many other bland, faceless, almost robotic dudes wielding two hammers in the same faction is a problem of the faction, not of a mini that actually looks like it has a purpose and theme for those tools (of war).
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




The sc isn’t a very good architect or designer if he’s making rickety things like skullvane manse lol.
   
Made in nl
Prophetic Blood Angel Librarian





Somewhere... over the rainbow

Pariah-Miniatures wrote:
The sc isn’t a very good architect or designer if he’s making rickety things like skullvane manse lol.

Quite the contrary. If he is capable of designing buildings like that and not have them collapse, he is either a wizard or a genius .

А сегодня, что для завтра сделал Я?
But today I don't feel like doing anything... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Also he's got Dispossessed(dwarfs) working under him which means he could even make something like this work.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/polygon/2014-e3/fable/Brightlodge_V2.jpg
   
Made in nl
Arch Magos w/ 4 Meg of RAM




We'll find out soon enough eh.

Like a lot of other folk, the most exciting thing about this is the chance we'll see the discontinued terrain kits again. The Stormchitect is...OK? It's a Slightly Different Stormcast like all of their characters are.

Maybe it's just the way his eyes are painted, but for some reason I get a serious anime vibe off that model - which is appropriate, I suppose, a lot of the AoS stuff looks like it could have stepped right out of a Final Fantasy cinematic.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Plaguelord Titan Princeps of Nurgle






I'm a little miffed at ANOTHER Stormcast hero but also because Lord-Castellents were already supposed to fill that roll in the fluff, so it makes it seem even more like a pointless because-poster-boys hero release.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname 
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch





Santa Clara County

I agree this seems a bit of a pointless release. Plenty of other pieces which need filling vs another SC hero.

At this rate I will be buying the 3rd edition of SCE in the first edition of AoS.

No madam, 40,000 is the year that this game is set in. Not how much it costs. Though you may have a point. - GW Fulchester
The Gatling Guns have flamethrowers on them because this is 40k - DOW III
 
   
Made in us
Indescriminate Explicator





LA

That might be my least favorite SC model to date, it looks like they stuck a head from the old world empire aesthetic on a stormcast body. Just a clash of styles that doesn't work IMO. Wake me up when they reveal what this is instead:


 
   
Made in us
Unrelenting Rubric Terminator of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 Thargrim wrote:
That might be my least favorite SC model to date, it looks like they stuck a head from the old world empire aesthetic on a stormcast body. Just a clash of styles that doesn't work IMO. Wake me up when they reveal what this is instead:



See you in 2019?

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

AoS - Fires of Change : "The Everchosen stole my destiny. Soon, I shall return the favor." The Unmaker, Gaunt Summoner of Tzeentch

====Begin Dakka Geek Code====
DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD268R++T(D)DM+++
=====End Dakka Geek Code====
WHFB 'Ard Boyz 09: Prelims - 70 (1st) Semis - 53 (2nd) Finals - 21 (Thumped!) 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Eh, maybe but I'm willing to bet later this year if Nurgle and Death are the only releases thus far.

If the four champions bring armies of wraiths, Moonclan, marauders and builders(the architect seems to work with humans and dwarfs only) then yeah, definitely 2019.
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Baron Klatz wrote:
Eh, maybe but I'm willing to bet later this year if Nurgle and Death are the only releases thus far.

If the four champions bring armies of wraiths, Moonclan, marauders and builders(the architect seems to work with humans and dwarfs only) then yeah, definitely 2019.

There's nothing suggesting that the new Stormcast guy "works with humans and dwarfs only". It says that he has work gangs of Dispossessed but it also stresses that he's a Stormcast.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Okay the "only" was pushing it but between his description and the video it looks that if he had an force behind him it would be dispossessed/freeguild or a mix(in the Grand Alliance book free guilds get described being a mix of races).

He'd could also probably have a force like the Firestorm kits with a mix of Stormcasts and city dwellers as well. Mortals he leads to build the structures and his fellow knights to protect the workers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 01:44:04


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly the idea, as it seems Malign Portents is going to be pushing Firestorm stuff.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Here's hoping!
   
Made in us
Plaguelord Titan Princeps of Nurgle






Stormcast can ally into any Order faction, so that's not much of an issue (fortunately).

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname 
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch





Santa Clara County

Maybe he is the first “fallen” and the Knight Primaris will have a dirty secret they can’t tell anyone...

No madam, 40,000 is the year that this game is set in. Not how much it costs. Though you may have a point. - GW Fulchester
The Gatling Guns have flamethrowers on them because this is 40k - DOW III
 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






I definitely like the model, I was just really hoping to get something else for the Order herald for this event. This guy could have easily been saved for a different release. It also breaks the pattern established by the other heralds of giving a model to factions that hadn't yet received a battletome (Moonclan Grots, Nighthaunts, and Slaves to Darkness).

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm a little miffed at ANOTHER Stormcast hero but also because Lord-Castellents were already supposed to fill that roll in the fluff, so it makes it seem even more like a pointless because-poster-boys hero release.


Nah

Lord Castellants do it on the hoof as the battle/campaign. These chaps however come along after the battle to do the planning of a city.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in bg
Dakka Veteran






 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm a little miffed at ANOTHER Stormcast hero but also because Lord-Castellents were already supposed to fill that roll in the fluff, so it makes it seem even more like a pointless because-poster-boys hero release.


Nah

Lord Castellants do it on the hoof as the battle/campaign. These chaps however come along after the battle to do the planning of a city.


Why are they even stormcast then? In the books and tomes castellans were in charge of military fortifications during a campaign and after it. I get it - these guys are civil engineers, but for me they are both redundant and out of place. Stormcast were reforged to do battle, but now they are being reforged to do civil stuff aswell. Stormcast clercs coming soon ?
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

 CoreCommander wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm a little miffed at ANOTHER Stormcast hero but also because Lord-Castellents were already supposed to fill that roll in the fluff, so it makes it seem even more like a pointless because-poster-boys hero release.


Nah

Lord Castellants do it on the hoof as the battle/campaign. These chaps however come along after the battle to do the planning of a city.


Why are they even stormcast then? In the books and tomes castellans were in charge of military fortifications during a campaign and after it. I get it - these guys are civil engineers, but for me they are both redundant and out of place. Stormcast were reforged to do battle, but now they are being reforged to do civil stuff aswell. Stormcast clercs coming soon ?


Well, there's the logister chamber...

As for these guys: lord castellans build the barricades, the ordinators the forts (it seems). But it's the castellan that mans the fort AND the barricade, all while keeping the realmgate stable too.
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






Probably because that way you can't lose the skills and knowledge of the builders?

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in bg
Dakka Veteran






 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Probably because that way you can't lose the skills and knowledge of the builders?

Then I guess Sigmar should aswell start reforging clercs ASAP 'cause these taxes won't gather themselves and the time for integrating into the existing administration will be severely cut as they'll bring their book keeping skills with them to serve Sigmar for all eternity

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 16:11:33


 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm a little miffed at ANOTHER Stormcast hero but also because Lord-Castellents were already supposed to fill that roll in the fluff, so it makes it seem even more like a pointless because-poster-boys hero release.


Nah

Lord Castellants do it on the hoof as the battle/campaign. These chaps however come along after the battle to do the planning of a city.

You wouldn't know it from looking at the pose.

Cripes, Lietpold the Black looks more like the Logister's description than this guy does.
Spoiler:
   
Made in fi
Librarian with Freaky Familiar






I had hoped for a Free People hero, but as Stormcasts go this one is pretty interestig. It is most radical departure from the original look we've seen thusfar, and i have to say it looks really good. Miles better than many of their previous heroes with their ludicrous amount of extra bling on their golden armours. I wish we would see a Stormcast unit with similar lighter armour, I think the Stormcast archers and crossbow troops would have visually worked better with this sort of armour rather than the full plate they got.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in nl
Prophetic Blood Angel Librarian





Somewhere... over the rainbow

 CoreCommander wrote:
 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
Probably because that way you can't lose the skills and knowledge of the builders?

Then I guess Sigmar should aswell start reforging clercs ASAP 'cause these taxes won't gather themselves and the time for integrating into the existing administration will be severely cut as they'll bring their book keeping skills with them to serve Sigmar for all eternity


Don't forget about all the Stormcast servants we need too. You can't run a realm without people to take care of menial tasks, and Stormcast just do it way better than mortals. Can't wait for my Stormcast stableboy and Stormcast butler models

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 16:13:07


А сегодня, что для завтра сделал Я?
But today I don't feel like doing anything... 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Crimson wrote:
I had hoped for a Free People hero, but as Stormcasts go this one is pretty interestig. It is most radical departure from the original look we've seen thusfar, and i have to say it looks really good. Miles better than many of their previous heroes with their ludicrous amount of extra bling on their golden armours. I wish we would see a Stormcast unit with similar lighter armour, I think the Stormcast archers and crossbow troops would have visually worked better with this sort of armour rather than the full plate they got.

Truthfully, the Vanguard would have looked amazing with the quilted tabards in lieu of breastplates and leather boots in lieu of the massive greaves.
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

YASS QUEEN!


   
Made in za
Gore Spattered Punk Zombie





South Africa

Seems about right.

malign
məˈlʌɪn/
adjective
adjective: malign

1.
evil in nature or effect.
"she had a strong and malign influence"
synonyms: harmful, evil, bad, baleful, hostile, inimical, destructive, malevolent, evil-intentioned, malignant, injurious, spiteful, malicious, vicious; More
literarymalefic, maleficent
"a malign influence"
antonyms: beneficial
archaic
(of a disease) malignant.

verb
verb: malign; 3rd person present: maligns; past tense: maligned; past participle: maligned; gerund or present participle: maligning

1.
speak about (someone) in a spitefully critical manner.
"don't you dare malign her in my presence"
synonyms: defame, slander, libel, blacken someone's name/character, smear, run a smear campaign against, vilify, speak ill of, spread lies about, accuse falsely, cast aspersions on, run down, misrepresent, calumniate, traduce, denigrate, disparage, slur, derogate, abuse, revile; More

portent
ˈpɔːtɛnt,ˈpɔːt(ə)nt/
noun
noun: portent; plural noun: portents

1.
a sign or warning that a momentous or calamitous event is likely to happen.
"many birds are regarded as being portents of death"
synonyms: omen, sign, indication, presage, warning, forewarning, harbinger, augury, signal, promise, threat, menace, ill omen, forecast, prediction, prognostication, prophecy, straw in the wind, writing on the wall, hint, auspice; More
premonition, presentiment, feeling, vague feeling, funny feeling, feeling in one's bones, foreboding, misgiving;
literaryforetoken
"here was a striking portent of things to come"
future significance.
"an omen of grave portent for the tribe"
synonyms: significance, importance, import, consequence, meaning, meaningfulness, moment, momentousness, weight, weightiness, cruciality
"the word ‘plague’ carries terrifying portent"
2.
literary
an exceptional or wonderful person or thing.
"what portent can be greater than a pious notary?"

 
   
Made in us
Auspicious Aspiring Champion of Chaos






Hmm. Maybe we've been interpreting the name of the event wrong then. Could be that "Malign" is being used as a verb, and GW is literally instructing us to talk about the previews. If that 's the case, the internet seems happy to oblige.

2750 Unliving Legion of the Zarith Dynasty
840 Imperial Knights of House Janis
2000 Khorne Bloodbound of the Skullfiend Tribe
2000 Tzeentch Arcanites of the Cult of Searing Light
3000 Slaves to Darkness of the Legion of Rusted Chains
2500 Sylvaneth of the Seelie Court
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: