Switch Theme:

Building a Warhammer 40,000 Army on Limited Funds - Now with Pics  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Hi there, i'm rather new to this forum and post that often however i thought i would start a blog of the new army that i am currently building. After constructing many armies i have finally decided to do an army that i have always wanted to do but never really had the time, Chaos Space Marines. Now admittedly with Codex Red Corsairs as me and my mates back home have dubbed it i haven't really picked a good time to start the army as the current rules list is a little.......bleh, however my favourite Chaos army has always been the Alpha Legion so its not as if I have the cult codex's that are rumoured to look forward to.

Anyway enough of the army of choice and now onto the reasons for doing it, I am a student, therefore i do not have as much money to spend as everyone else so I am going to see the effects of purchasing an entire army off sites such as Ebay, carboot sales and friends selling models to see how my army turns out of more importently find shops and sellers on ebay that are worth buying off and passing the information off to you guys aswell at the same time.

So far then I have in my possession a whole hosts of models that i have managed to gather at the bottom of my bits box (yes i do have stuff still shrink wrapped in my bits box ) :

1 Box of Bloodletters
10 Chaos Marines ( inc 2 Plasma Guns and a Powerfist)
1 Chaos Marine with Heavy Bolter

I have also purchased from a friend for £40:

Chaos Lord (Converted from the 40k lord figure, with Archaons Helmet + Sword)
10 Possessed Marines inc. Champion
3 Marine Champions (2 Power Swords, 1 Power Fist)
14 Marines (Combat weapons apart from 4 with Meltaguns
)3 Obliterators
2 Dreadnoughts (Plasma Cannons + Thunder Hammers)

being as all the stuff is unpainted I think i got a very good deal as the total cost of this stuff new from Workshop would have been £178, admittedly posessed are not as good as they once were so they will be dropped from the army however this is what i have bought so far and only spent £40 and have a 1500pt army ready to go, however over the coming months the army list will be refined and the army having things added to and dropped.

Pictures of all this stuff will be taken when I have the models (which arrive on Wednesday) and have finished building the stuff that i found lying about my room

As for the colour scheme i wish to do, i would like to attempt to paint the Pre-Heresy alpha legion colour scheme, a purply-blue kind of colour and i figure the base coat for this will be Vallejo Royal Purple mixed with Midnight Blue

well thats it for now, i happily await your response

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008/10/19 16:59:24


When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in us
Nasty Nob on Warbike with Klaw





St. Louis, MO

www.bartertown.com

I've been buying and selling there for YEARS. It's probably the best site on the net fo getting minis at discount.
You can buy outright there, as well as TRADE for old models you no longer need/want.


Eric

Black Fiend wrote: Okay all the ChapterHouse Nazis to the right!! All the GW apologists to the far left. LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!
The Green Git wrote: I'd like to cross section them and see if they have TFG rings, but that's probably illegal.
Polonius wrote: You have to love when the most clearly biased person in the room is claiming to be objective.
Greebynog wrote:Us brits have a sense of fair play and propriety that you colonial savages can only dream of.
Stelek wrote: I know you're afraid. I want you to be. Because you should be. I've got the humiliation wagon all set up for you to take a ride back to suck city.
Quote: LunaHound--- Why do people hate unpainted models? I mean is it lacking the realism to what we fantasize the plastic soldier men to be?
I just can't stand it when people have fun the wrong way. - Chongara
I do believe that the GW "moneysheep" is a dying breed, despite their bleats to the contrary. - AesSedai
You are a thief and a predator of the wargaming community, and i'll be damned if anyone says differently ever again on my watch in these forums. -MajorTom11 
   
Made in no
Hardened Veteran Guardsman






I can second that motion. Bartertown is a great place for getting minis at reasonable prices.

And good luck with the project! It seems you've gotten hold of quite a few minis at a low price.
Just try to avoid buying too much, or you'll end up like me; having a whole lot of minis just
waiting to be painted, and lack of motivation because of all the work ahead. Portion it out,
and work on a few (5-10) models at a time. You can't underestimate the sense of achievement
you get from having a squad finished.

al-Majid Agandhjin bin Ahfal al-Rashid

al-Majid Agandhjin bin Ahfal al-Rashid

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/509305.page#5313817 - My revived Tallarn Imperial Guard - The 170th

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/217529.page - 'VIVA LA REVOLUTION!' - My Rebel Grotz (not recieving any attention atm) 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block



Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'll have to look into bartertown myself. Money is super tight, and I have stuff I'd be willing to get rid of to further my goal of world dom...I mean, better tabletop warfare. I know I'm not the topic starter, but thanks for the tip guys.

Blood

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

thanks for the encouragement guys, i will check the site out thanks for the info, i was rather pleased with the deal, i've just finished building the daemons and first squad of chaos marines so once i have a color scheme sorted out i will post pics, on that note does anyone know of a decent way to paint the alpha legion's pre heresy color scheme??

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

First dont assume most posters hwere have a lot of disposable cash.

For every member with huge armies collected quickly there is another who grows small forces slowly with the cash the have, swap, trade and buy online.

Your chaos army is already 'fairly large'. You can have a few good games from wghat you have. Also if you have whole unopened boxes in your bitz box you likely have or had more disposable income than average.

In the next few weeks infection rates from COVID-19 will rise. PREPARE NOW FOR PEAK VIRUS.
Get stocks in now, while the RNG risk of infection for a supermarket visit is relatively low. Prioritise tins, frozen goods, and powdered milk. Cancel hobby spending if you need to.
Prepare now, please don't delay, so you can isolate yourself at peak infection risk time.

n'oublie jamais

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Well in that case I am actually in that category too being a student, the whole unopened boxes that have come from relatives at christmas time, i always seem to get a few boxes of some kind that have nothing to do with what i'm collecting at the moment as such i put them there until i can find a use for them, aye it is as you say Orlanth 'fairly large' however that is what i was sold for the rather cheap price, this is also however a collection in army building so that i can update as the army changes and grows after gaming and speaking to other players whilst still buying everything online from ebay with using no in store bought stuff at all

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Just a quick update i've got all the models now and have a basic list worked out from the current models available :

Chaos Lord: Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon, Mark of Nurgle: 155pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Plasma: 220pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Melta: 210pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Melta: 210pts

10 Lesser Daemons: 130pts

Chaos Dread: Plasma Cannon: 105pts

Chaos Dread: Plasma Cannon: 105pts

Obliterator: 75pts

Obliterator: 75pts

Obliterator: 75pts

5 Posessed: MoCG,Champion: 140pts

1500pts

obviously this is based on what I have now, im in the process of tracking down some more daemon models however and I can see the small unit of possessed being dropped for one of these as another shock unit/objective holder leaving me with some points, i think at least. to add in an icon in one of the Marine Squads, a colour test and pics of what i have bought will follow soon, hopefully by the weekend..

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Hmm havent updated in a while, still there has been preparation for this years GT and the last chance to say goodbye to my space marine army that has served me for most of 4th edition 40k, sadly with the new marine codex alot of the army has been made obsolete, i'm not bitter about this however at this moment in time i do not have the funds to add what needs to be added to the army to make it into the army that i want it to be, so they have been sadly retired to the display shelf, all in all it was a good weekend (the GT) to say goodbye to an army i've loved and built a variety of lists for (all with many successes and failures), the particular army i used at the GT came up against some stiff opposition and in some part due to my own bad tactical decisions (such as go in for the early kill against guardsmen forgetting the going to ground rule) and killing not many guardsmen in return for an entire army shooting as 2 squads and wiping them out....*sigh* if only i hadn't been so eager i might have got some easy KPs in that mission) and bad luck (surely barbed stranglers cant kill that many terminators in one round of shooting), still finished 113th in the Heat, the same as last year, but with the new awards system, me and a mate won bloodiest game award, for the last game of the tournament, one of the most funniest games i have ever played, mech marines vs mech deathguard, with some great moments of rhino ramming each others back armour for about 3 - 4 turns, to us having to models left at the end of the game (me: 1 immobalised dreadnought, and a plasma gunner who went mental blowing up 3 rhinos on his own/Him: 1 Lesser Daemon and a wounded obliterator)

Anyway onto the army, i've painted to Lord model that i have currently and have begun work of the first chaos space marine squad, pictures will follow shortly when i am settled back into uni and have found my card adapters to transfer pictures.

One small problem with the painting, i got into a drunken conversation at the tournament about 2nd ed 40k with us all remembering the armies we used to use way back then, for me the army i first started collecting was Iron Warrior way back when obliterators didn't even exist. Inspiration struck and as of now i have put the alpha legion idea to rest, i may really enjoy there background (even if it is also a brief mention here and there and 1 novel) to in a sense paying homage to my old 2nd ed army by building a new one, however for pure nostalgic reasons am trying to include alot of 2nd edition models (please PM me with all trade or selling offers) so that i can feel like i'm playing with the same army i used too

On the collecting front, I have just traded some old bits and junk for 12 daemonettes so more lesser daemons for me YAY the lesser daemon bomb is on build i had been considering but at the moment i am keeping my options open as to how the army plays.

On the playing front, with that list above that i drew up out of the models avaliable i went to the FLGS today for a couple of games against a friend, i was facing off against: Pedro Kantor
10 Man Squad of Sternguard
1 Dread with MM
5 Termies with a HF
2 10 Man Tactical Squads (1: Fist, Flamer, Lascannon, 2: Fist Flamer, Plasma Cannon)
10 Devvies: 2 HB, 2 ML
Librarian

quite a tough balanced list obviously all the squads combat squadded giving him more units to claim/contest with and provide a solid fire base

Game 1:
Game 1 was Loot Counters we rolled 5 objectives, and we got spearhead deployment, I set up one CSM Squad on an objective, the other two CSM Squads within running distance of another two, 1 oblit to provide fire support, 2 to move forward behind the dread who were positioned as far away from my army to prevent them killing masses of my troops if they went mad, but still being threatening to his positions and the daemons were split up into 2 squads of 5, the lord and possessed were the vanguard to cut open his center and clear the way for my advancing troops.

He position all his squads around a large building in his deployment zone with the longe range squads in the building protecting one objective and the terminators and librarian were running forward to contest another one.

The Game ended up a win to me on 4 - 0 Loot counters, the lord cut through (1 Terminator Squad, 1 5 Man Combat Squad, 1 5 Man Devvie Squad, and Pedro Himself) the dreadnoughts behaved themselves and at the end of the game he only had 1 tactical marine with a plasma cannon, 1 combat squad with lascannon, a definite win for me and me feeling confident about using the army, it had alot of everything and apart from worrying about the dreadnoughts not doing what they are told from time to time, the army was a joy to play with as it allows you to do everything well with many of the units, possessed are abit of a downside, i may consider dropping them out for more daemons when my trade is given to me to see if they perform well, but really they are useful as a lord delivery system at the moment.

Game2:
Game 2 was kill points, he swapped about the librarian and a few bits of kit for some rhinos to add speed to his army, the set up was dawn of war and i chose to set nothing up at all and he set up his tactical squads with pedro joining one and taking cover in a rhino. i surged on one corner of the board denying him LOS with alot of his army and preceeded to destroy a plasma cannon squad, a unit of 5 marines with the daemons, 2 rhinos, and a dreadnought, also one obliterator fought the termie squad by himself and won after softening them up with rapid firing plasma guns it ended 5 - 1 to me as he only destroyed one of my dreadnoughts to the small amounts of destruction i reaped upon one half of his army, once again everything worked well, the CSM squads all together accounted for 1 rhino and a dread as they stayed hidden for alot of the game denying KPs, the daemons were effective shock troops to kill off a squad and then hide after they were reduced to one man, the possessed and lord never saw combat and stayed safe for the entire game again denying KPs but not being missed thanks to the obliterators and dreads reaping a fearsome tally on what parts of the army they can see

As you can see i'm rather pleased with the army and for casual games its fine, i can quite happily kick back for an evening with this army and have some challenging yet relaxed fun games against the friends i play who just enjoy playing for the general fun of it. However the dark side that is tournament play has dawned within me again and after playing a few quite silly powerbuilds this time round something has snapped within mine and a friends head and we are now sick of getting throughly pounded on by the super powerbuilds that a re floating around at the moment, we both took powerful armies, but some of the stuff we saw at the GT was just pure filth and now were going to see how dirty out armies can be so we can go all out to win the thing next year. Hence the collecting part of the blog mainly for myself to chart my own progress, but i look forward to your comments when the pictures and battle reps start rolling in later on, as we see how my nice and balanced fun army into the tournament army from hell

thanks comments appreciated


When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

ah i have more daemons, at the rate i'm collecting lesser daemons i mayaswell do a daemon army at this rate, i have just received the 12 daemonettes that i was trading, they are in rather good condition and only base coated so a quick spray will sort them out then i get the fun of painting them, i do love last editions daemonettes they are much more dark and evil than i new ones imo, and the good news is i have 12 more on the way from another friend taking my daemon tally up to 34 (24 Daemonettes and 10 Bloodletters) lesser daemons, i think that is enough for now though however i don't think i could paint that more, prehaps a greater daemon or two just to give me options but no more lesser daemons as i think i have enough to do a fair sized daemon bomb should i wish pictures of the entire army will be taken tomorrow

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord of Terra






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

I think this army next needs some Havocs.

Also can you get some wings from a bitz store? gargoyle wings will do, though you can make insect wings from transparent bottles cut into teardrop shapes and green studffed to the rear. If you do your possessed would make a good 'counts as' Raptors. Thus you get to use the models. Raptors are worth taking.

In the next few weeks infection rates from COVID-19 will rise. PREPARE NOW FOR PEAK VIRUS.
Get stocks in now, while the RNG risk of infection for a supermarket visit is relatively low. Prioritise tins, frozen goods, and powdered milk. Cancel hobby spending if you need to.
Prepare now, please don't delay, so you can isolate yourself at peak infection risk time.

n'oublie jamais

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Hmm very interesting idea, Raptors might make a worthy addition to the army, with how they used to be i'd never even considered taking them, i'm trying to track down some daemon princes currently as having too gives my army alot more options, and if this army is destined to be next years tournament army then it could end up as a lash army prehaps, still C&C welcome

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Huzzah, whilst on the net tonight i chanced upon 5 chaos marines going for £5 on ebay, 1 with a plasma gun, 1 missile launcher, 1 powerfist and two bolter armed marines, not bad for the £6 in total i paid for them and gives me some more weapon choices, with the missile launcher at least i can begin build at least one of the havoc units i plan on having.

On the subject of posessed for the moment i think i will keep them as posessed as in the few games i have played with them so far they are acting as a useful lord delivery system and at least 5 of the abilities they can get can be useful to the lord, i can field a unit as big as 10 which i may consider doing when i start thinking about playing bigger games, for the moment i still want to concentrate on building a solid 1500pt list one for friendly gaming as an army full of units i enjoy/consider fluffy for iron warriors to take and the other obviously being a tournament army as one of my possibilities for next years 40k GT, thoughts on this would be welcomed in respects to a tourny army, thanks

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in us
Maddening Mutant Boss of Chaos





NorCal

Any pictures yet?

I've found almost my entire army on ebay, excepting one box of 10 chaos marines. If you don't mind taking the time to strip the old paint off them you can usually find really good deals on crappily pre painted models. Good luck, it seems as if you're meeting with good success so far!

Veteran Sergeant wrote:Oh wait. His fluff, at this point, has him coming to blows with Lionel, Angryon, Magnus, and The Emprah. One can only assume he went into the Eye of Terror because he still hadn't had a chance to punch enough Primarchs yet.

Albatross wrote:I guess we'll never know. That is, until Frazzled releases his long-awaited solo album 'Touch My Weiner'. Then we'll know.

warboss wrote:I marvel at their ability to shoot the entire foot off with a shotgun instead of pistol shooting individual toes off like most businesses would.

Mr Nobody wrote:Going to war naked always seems like a good idea until someone trips on gravel.

Ghidorah wrote: You need to quit hating and trying to control other haters hating on other people's hobbies that they are trying to control.

ShumaGorath wrote:Posting in a thread where fat nerds who play with toys make fun of fat nerds who wear costumes outdoors.

Marshal2Crusaders wrote:Good thing it wasn't attacked by the EC, or it would be the assault on Magnir's Crack.
 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Well today, i popped down to a tournament at my FLGS, however i was not using my Iron Warrriors sadly as they were unpainted and i opted for my old faithful, my Hawk Lords space marines, after 3 complete massacres and one hard fought win against a good friend of mine i ended up winning the tournament by a clear 5853 VPs, however the reason i mentioned this is purely because for winning i got one box of the old Chaos Space Marine sets (with 8 men, champion, HB, plasma etc) so another few marines are there to be added to the cause. Pictures will follow probably sunday and they will sadly have to be taken with a phone camera, any tips for this???

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Just a few pictures to get started finally once again sorry for the poor quality but am having to make do with my mobile for the moment, have spent the afternoono converting a chaos lord model from Archaon on foot, nothing to hard just adding a backpack and a hand swap for the shield arm so he has a BP pic will follow soon, so here we have at the moment what i originally purchase way at the start of this Blog, we have in order, The Dreads, The Oblits, The Group Shot and the Lesser Daemons.

On the painting front i have finished one model as the tester for the army and am pleased with the results so far, however with the conversion of my new Chaos Lord everything else is being put on hold till hes done as i think i have fallen in love with the archaon model all over again, he makes such a perfect 40k Chaos lord with little to no conversion at all, which is good for me as my converting skills are well rubbish to be frank and as much as it has been a case of adding a backpack and a handswap its the most involved conversion ive done in years
[Thumb - Photo-0087.jpg]

[Thumb - Photo-0088.jpg]

[Thumb - Photo-0084.jpg]

[Thumb - Photo-0089.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008/10/19 16:56:10


When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

and now the Lord Conversion:

[Thumb - Photo-0091.jpg]

[Thumb - Photo-0087.jpg]


When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

A new Chaos list for today as i havent gotten round to much work only the lord conversion, however this list i have dropped the posessed and added in more units of daemons and given an icon to one of the marine squads, as the other meltagun one will run with the lord, i think this has abit more punch to it and i can split the daemons up into squads of 5 for cheeky objective grabbing.

Chaos Lord: Daemon Weapon, Personal Icon, Mark of Nurgle: 155pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Plasma: 220pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Melta, Icon of Chaos Glory: 220pts

10 Chaos Marines: Champion, Power Fist, 2x Melta: 210pts

10 Lesser Daemons: 130pts

10 Lesser Daemons: 130pts

Chaos Dread: Plasma Cannon: 105pts

Chaos Dread: Plasma Cannon: 105pts

Obliterator: 75pts

Obliterator: 75pts

Obliterator: 75pts

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Illustrator






North Carolina

Just droppin in to say good progress so far.

You're definitely gonna have to get some better pics though before you can get some serious feedback!

-Aaron
Illustration and Design

DA:80+S+GM(DPC)B++++I+Pw40k99+D++A++/mWD247R++T(M)DM+++++ 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

indeed i know sadly with me being stranded at university i am having to rely on my phone camera (it says its 5 mega pixels but im not so sure), thanks for the comments so far

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in au
Stormin' Stompa






YO DAKKA DAKKA!

Since you're 'stranded' at university, I suggest studying something. 'Megapixel' is a good start.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Enigmatic Exalted Daemon





Albany, NY

Dreadifaction! I like the last list, way to be on the 20 demons & 2 dreads. Only problem might be that you have precisely 2 icons for the demons to pop in off of ... I'm a fan of IoCU on everybody, but then again I'm a filthy undivided marine

Pics look decent to me, army seems to be shaping up. Good luck with the army and school.

With that ... I've got a paper to write

- Salvage

KOW BATREPS: BLOODFIRE
INSTAGRAM: @boss_salvage 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

heh thanks for the comments i was rather skeptical about taking dreads however they dont seem to be as bad as alot of people have made them out and they behave themselves most of the time (apart from combat frenzying straight into terminators........) lack of icons is a problem but 2 units of 10 should survive long enough (i hope) to deliver the daemon bomb, still thanks!

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

Right haven't updated in a while, i've finally got a camera and have been doing some painting, only a few models finished, a lord, a few basic marines and a few WIPs still what do you guys think? Next up a Dreadnought


[Thumb - 40k 005.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 006.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 007.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 008.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 009.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 010.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 011.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 012.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 013.jpg]

[Thumb - 40k 014.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2008/11/18 17:21:01


When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Mutilatin' Mad Dok






Liverpool, england

theyre cool. good start so far

   
Made in ru
Freaky Flayed One





possibly somewhere on a planet in a bowl somewhere (london)

painting looks great, but no tanks?

i spent ages on my avitar. YOU MUST LIKE IT OR HE WILL EAT YOU!
thats just the way the cookie crumbles.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

No tanks as of yet, i have 2 Dreads and a Rhino waiting to be painted, more rhinos will come then its time for some stuff like Vindies and Defilers, that will be next year though

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in gb
Tough Treekin






Birmingham - England

well just a quick update, thanks to essays and such evil things designed by university painting the army has taken a back step sadly, however i was in my FLGS today and we were talking about why i love the second ed models so much (i just do don't know why i just prefer them to some of the newer models) and the staff member said he was getting rid of a load of stuff that he didn't want anymore because it was all the older models, so he gave me two boxes of stuff and let me root through

i came away with:

1 Old Keeper of Secrets ( Rouge Trader era, its great not much taller than a Tau Battlesuit )
1 Old Bloodthirster ( RT again however their was a pair of old dragon wings, so say hello to a daemon prince for a while i think)
1 2nd Ed Space Marine Whirlwind, soon to be a traitor rhino
Ahriman
1 Chaos Marine with Icon
1 Chaos Marine with an Autocannon
and 10 old terminators, 1 is RT era the rest are the second ed Metals, they will soon have the larger bases when i find some but i have 1 Reaper Auto Cannon, 1 Heavy Flamer, 2 Combi Meltas and 1 Combi Flamer and a mixture of PW/PF and CF within the squad

on a side note for some other projects i got some 2nd ed orks (my favorite ork models, Shokk Attack Gunz, Old Ghaz, Old Runtherder Special Character, Old Dread, Lifta Droppa (soon to be a Zzzap Gun), old Wierdboy and more grots than you can shake a stick at

still all this for the cost of a case of beer , it all needs paint stripping as they were done when he was an enthusiastic newbie like we all were but with some paint stripping and cleaning up and correct base size modelling they will all be ready to be painted, at some time in the near future

hopefully when Xmas rolls around i will have time for painting, must paint as much stuff as possible before my WFB Chaos Army arrives from Santa

When you give total control to a computer, it’s only a matter of time before it pulls a Skynet on you and you’re running for your life.

 
   
Made in ca
Nasty Nob





Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

WoW Awesome haul you got there!!


Current Project: Knight #1
Most Recently Completed: Rebased Kislev Cavalry
On the Desk: Painting Kislev Cavalry
Instagram Updates: @joyous_oblivion 
   
Made in ca
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot





Calgary

I especially like the lord dude (I don't know my chaos very well) with the blue sword. Very cool.

It's better to simply be an idiot, as no one can call you on it here. -H.B.M.C.

Cap'n Gordino's instant grammar guide:
"This is TOO expensive." "I'm going TO the store, TO get some stuff."
"That is THEIR stuff." "THEY'RE crappy converters."
"I put it over THERE." "I'll go to the store THEN."
"He knows better THAN that." "This is NEW." "Most players KNEW that." 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: