Switch Theme:

Aeldari rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dark Angels Dreadnought





Boy, we could really use just one more aspect in this wave though.
We now have Banshees, Reapers, Avengers (old kit), Spears and I guess Crimson Hunter. But, leaving Scorps, dragons, spiders and hawks out, plus their relevant Phoenix Lords?

At least one more now could leave the remaining 3 for a second wave. I just don't see all 4 coming in a follow up release.
   
Made in ca
Longtime Dakkanaut





It wouldn't actually surprise me if that terrain DID come out. There are four KT vs boxes this year; one of them might be akin to the first KT big box, which included just a huge amount of ork terrain in addition to the gangs. Then it was re-boxed into smaller pieces. GW has been making scenery a real priority, and there is a HUGE void for xenos scenery to fill- even 3rd party options are sparse and less than 100% sufficient.

(Off-topic: hoping for Capillary towers and reclamation pools as well as KICK A$$ planetary digestion Crusade rules when Nids come)

RE: future reveals

I think Monday we'll se the full Corsair team on Warcom, and later in the week a reveal for the rest of the box- so we'll learn who the enemy is and whether the box includes terrain.

During the stream, Eddie and Wade DID say there was more to be revealed for Eldar... But it was a vague comment; it could have referred to the fact that the Corsair was shown later in the stream... But it didn't sound like that. It sounded like they meant the Eldar range.

The leaks, reliable so far, have also called out Baharoth, Warp Spiders, and I think a few others.

RE: Aspect Kill Teams

While it's true that custom KT's so far have been individualized, option rich character types, I think Aspect Kill Teams might achieve that feel by working in mixed aspect teams. It would make the box weird for 40k though, so who knows?

RE: Corsairs in 40k

The same reliable rumours indicated that Corsairs WOULD be playable as a stand-alone army, and that Yriel is now full-on Corsair. Now I'm hoping there's a generic HQ in addition to Yriel- there may not even need to be a model for it, because there may be enough options in the box to build one member of the KT that way. And as for units, I think the rumour said there's Corsair Troops + an elites upgrade like Trueborn/ Bloodbrides.

I was happy to hear that Corsairs can work with CWE or DE; I suspect they will also be able to work with Ynnari and maybe Quins too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/28 20:31:49


 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Don't forget in the stream "More to come" can just mean "codex rules and stuff".


I do agree that I'd love to see just one more Aspect get fleshed out in this release. Just one more and then it will feel like a proper good chunky update to the line. However the other side of the coin is how fast the missing aspects get updated, each one is a fairly quick release (5 troops in a box, 1 character model) so they can sneak out with expansion campaign books; with duel army packs and even on their own for the heros. So they can slip out here and there.

I'd like to think that come the end of 2022 we might have most of the aspects updated if not all.

It also leaves Craftworld in a nice position where there's a few kits that would be nice to update (Falcon and Vyper) but overall it would be open to totally new things. So far with this release the only totally new are sniper jetbikes - a very cool concept!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/01/28 21:23:00


Print Hunter
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in ca
[DCM]
Acolyte of Goodwin






Sunny SoCal

It bothers me the blood on the Avatar hand is dripping against gravity... Really wish they had it dripping vertical towards the ground, it looks as if the forearm used to be far more upright and perpendicular to the floor, but then they tweaked it and left the sculpt as it was. So the blood, esp where it is dripping off the edge of the actual arm is just completely wrong physics wise, it should be changing direction at that point relative to the arm position. Fixing it would require some resculpting at this point for me. It's not a super big thing but I can't unsee it now :(

Wish the flames and base were a little better integrated too, the flames in particular are really awkwardly transitioned into the floor. Just kinda a straight line edge plopped onto the ground. I dunno I think this model deserved a bit more on the base, esp compared to some other recent sculpts.

Other than that, it looks like a hell of a model and worthy update to the holy Goodwin's deigns. I do like it overall. Maugan Ra I like but as others have said would have loved a classic non-hooded head. I did like his more bulky physique, but if you're gonna change it looks great.

Nice to see the pointies get some love!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/01/28 21:22:06


   
Made in us
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer





Mississippi

I suspect it's the GW style-paint job on the Avatar that curdles most people's opinion. The dripping blood is painted in a cartoonish fashion (imagine it being done with technical Blood of Khorne instead), as is the flames. I'm sure we'll see many end-user paint jobs that do a much better job.

It would have been nice though, if the Avatar's base had been done in transparent or orange plastic - would probably make the fire look better and/or possibly be LED-lit to create some interesting flickering flame dioramas.

Also, I actually like the look of the new Maugan Ra figure.

It never ends well 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Maugan Ra is simply amazing. Maybe I should get my first ever Eldar models, I've always loves their look.

Looking for a Skaven Doomwheel banner to repair my Nurgle knights.  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





TBH, I have a feeling that the earlier leaks may have mistook the 'Warp Spider' stuff as simply the warp spider upgrades that the Autarch can get. This sort of thing happens with rumors when someone doesn't have all the information and is going off of maybe quick glances at pictures alone. We may see the Corsairs this Monday, or they may save that for even further down the line. Like, this Monday could be a closer look at the Shining Spears and Avatar or something, with Corsairs saved for a week later.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





The current Avatar is now no longer available on the website...hmmm.

Could the new model be with us soon?

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in au
Fresh-Faced New User




 stahly wrote:




Great to see they're going all out for them instead of the half-baked Guardian head swaps from Forge World.


Is there a reason they never put furs on the actual minis but they have it in all the artwork?
   
Made in gb
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain





Cardiff

I mean, we’ve seen one build of one mini…

 Stormonu wrote:
For me, the joy is in putting some good-looking models on the board and playing out a fantasy battle - not arguing over the poorly-made rules of some 3rd party who neither has any power over my play nor will be visiting me (and my opponent) to ensure we are "playing by the rules"
 
   
Made in us
Focused Fire Warrior




Les Etats Unis

 Olthannon wrote:


Some slightly strange takes on the new Maugan Ra model in this thread. The cloak fits well with the reaper vibe.

And hey crazy thought, just don't use the rock on the base.

I mean if there's one model that should be on a big rock looking 80s and metal it's Maugan Ra


The new Ra model isn't 80s and metal, it's late 90s and metal. That's a completely different vibe.

Also, Ra's legs are fashioned in an obnoxious way which almost completely prevents people from removing the tactical rock, unless you want to model him straddling a canyon or something.

Frankly, it's more than a little disappointing.

Dudeface wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
Is there another game where players consistently blame each other for the failings of the creator?

If you want to get existential, life for some.
 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




pogey wrote:

Is there a reason they never put furs on the actual minis but they have it in all the artwork?


The previewed Corsair has a cloak with feathers, visible from the back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/29 00:53:24


 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Hard to beat the Jes Goodwin Maugan Ra. Maybe next time.
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




Although I like the idea of Eldar Corsairs from a background perspective, do we have any idea what they will be like from a gameplay perspective?

So far that previewed model seems to be a mismatch of Dark Eldar/Craftworld armor. Are their weapons going to be a similar grab bag mixture of the two factions (+Harlequin stuff like neuro disruptors)? What gameplay role will the Corsairs fulfil that sets them apart from say Guardians or Kabalite warriors?
   
Made in us
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot






Iracundus wrote:
Although I like the idea of Eldar Corsairs from a background perspective, do we have any idea what they will be like from a gameplay perspective?

So far that previewed model seems to be a mismatch of Dark Eldar/Craftworld armor. Are their weapons going to be a similar grab bag mixture of the two factions (+Harlequin stuff like neuro disruptors)? What gameplay role will the Corsairs fulfil that sets them apart from say Guardians or Kabalite warriors?



I generally find ally factions to be for the cool factor and not really adding anything tactically to the army.

Although back in the day you could add DW sergeants to regular tactical squads, they did not count as characters and you could give them a power fist, for double fist squads.

.Only a fool believes there is such a thing as price gouging. Things have value determined by the creator or merchant. If you don't agree with that value, you are free not to purchase. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Denison, Iowa

I kinda hope that the Corsairs will be the unit you can equip in a crazy manner. Not the most effective weapons, but lots of mediocre upgrades.
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dark Angels Dreadnought





wasn't the sheet already leaked? Had neuro disruptor, wraithcannon, Shuriken rifle (24" rapid fire version of shuriken), blaster, power sword, etc.
I have a feeling they will be like the sister novitiates, more options for the kill team side that won't be usable in their 40K dateslate.

Cool models though. I already have a few corsair conversions made from Dark Elf pirates (can't remember their names) and Drukhari kabalites.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/29 05:36:55


 
   
Made in ca
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator




USA

drbored wrote:
TBH, I have a feeling that the earlier leaks may have mistook the 'Warp Spider' stuff as simply the warp spider upgrades that the Autarch can get. This sort of thing happens with rumors when someone doesn't have all the information and is going off of maybe quick glances at pictures alone. We may see the Corsairs this Monday, or they may save that for even further down the line. Like, this Monday could be a closer look at the Shining Spears and Avatar or something, with Corsairs saved for a week later.


The last Path of the Preview did say we are getting a new "reveal" this upcoming Monday, so I think it will likely be another new kit or a reveal of the full Corsair kit (which would be really strange to tease a single model and then show the full squad 4 days later). I don't think they will show the Avatar or Shining Spears, as the follow up article to the LVO event showed all their options. I suppose the reveal could be "you have a codex coming!" but I don't think they would do something like that, I think everyone knows there is a codex coming.

I'm crossing my fingers for another Aspect in plastic, but would be happy with a full reveal of the Corsair kit also.

 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 Sabotage! wrote:
drbored wrote:
TBH, I have a feeling that the earlier leaks may have mistook the 'Warp Spider' stuff as simply the warp spider upgrades that the Autarch can get. This sort of thing happens with rumors when someone doesn't have all the information and is going off of maybe quick glances at pictures alone. We may see the Corsairs this Monday, or they may save that for even further down the line. Like, this Monday could be a closer look at the Shining Spears and Avatar or something, with Corsairs saved for a week later.


The last Path of the Preview did say we are getting a new "reveal" this upcoming Monday, so I think it will likely be another new kit or a reveal of the full Corsair kit (which would be really strange to tease a single model and then show the full squad 4 days later). I don't think they will show the Avatar or Shining Spears, as the follow up article to the LVO event showed all their options. I suppose the reveal could be "you have a codex coming!" but I don't think they would do something like that, I think everyone knows there is a codex coming.

I'm crossing my fingers for another Aspect in plastic, but would be happy with a full reveal of the Corsair kit also.


I’m not sure where this photos from originally but I saw it on Facebook:



So it’s probably the rest of the corsairs, or the codex on Monday.

To be honest, as much as I love the models we’re getting, I’m a little bit disappointed with the size of the release. I would argue it isn’t ‘massive’ at all. There’s still a bunch of models older than I am, still 4 finecast Aspects, and even things like the Vyper that could do with at least a sprue recut. I think it’s 10 kits including the Corsairs, Orks just got 6 kits just for Beastsnagga stuff as well as a few easy build kits and the Kommandos. Necrons got a massive new range. Space Marines have obviously had a lot more kits than that recently. I really hope it’s not too long before we get some more Aspects redone.
   
Made in us
Resentful Grot With a Plan





I look at that Maugan Ra and al I see is Trazyn the Infinite poking out from under that hood cosplaying as an Eldar to make off with an Avatar of Khaine in one of his pokeballs to add to his collection.

Those damn monkeys keep stealing my saving throws

Azrael13: Conversions should be a choice, not a necessity to make a "premium" product acceptable. 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Chaos Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

 ImAGeek wrote:

To be honest, as much as I love the models we’re getting, I’m a little bit disappointed with the size of the release. I would argue it isn’t ‘massive’ at all. There’s still a bunch of models older than I am, still 4 finecast Aspects, and even things like the Vyper that could do with at least a sprue recut. I think it’s 10 kits including the Corsairs, Orks just got 6 kits just for Beastsnagga stuff as well as a few easy build kits and the Kommandos. Necrons got a massive new range. Space Marines have obviously had a lot more kits than that recently. I really hope it’s not too long before we get some more Aspects redone.


Alright, can you tell me when the last Tyranid release was?

Just an innocent question.

And what did Ad-Mech get other than a single character?

This release is respectable for Eldar. The Avatar, 1 Phoenix Lord, Foot Autarch, Warlocks and 7 units worth. I dunno, 7 units worth, 1 centrepiece Monster, a 2 character kit and 2 characters really is a rather nice release. It's certainly more than non-SM armies have had in the past few editions.

Or would you rather have a Thousand Sons codex and a character? You know, just like DG and Ad-Mech got. Or heck, even better, Grey Knights codex only.

Plenty of things to be salty over, the fact you're basically getting 10 kits and a battle box for your Codex release isn't one of them.


Now only a CSM player. 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 DarkStarSabre wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:

To be honest, as much as I love the models we’re getting, I’m a little bit disappointed with the size of the release. I would argue it isn’t ‘massive’ at all. There’s still a bunch of models older than I am, still 4 finecast Aspects, and even things like the Vyper that could do with at least a sprue recut. I think it’s 10 kits including the Corsairs, Orks just got 6 kits just for Beastsnagga stuff as well as a few easy build kits and the Kommandos. Necrons got a massive new range. Space Marines have obviously had a lot more kits than that recently. I really hope it’s not too long before we get some more Aspects redone.


Alright, can you tell me when the last Tyranid release was?

Just an innocent question.

And what did Ad-Mech get other than a single character?

This release is respectable for Eldar. The Avatar, 1 Phoenix Lord, Foot Autarch, Warlocks and 7 units worth. I dunno, 7 units worth, 1 centrepiece Monster, a 2 character kit and 2 characters really is a rather nice release. It's certainly more than non-SM armies have had in the past few editions.

Or would you rather have a Thousand Sons codex and a character? You know, just like DG and Ad-Mech got. Or heck, even better, Grey Knights codex only.

Plenty of things to be salty over, the fact you're basically getting 10 kits and a battle box for your Codex release isn't one of them.


Dude, a lot of the Eldar range is ancient. They needed it the most, and I was expecting a bit more than what we actually ended up getting. The last major Nid release was after the last major Eldar release I’m sure. The whole AdMech range is newer than the last major Eldar release. Ditto Thousand Sons and Death Guard.

Just for accuracy, I count 6 units: Shroudrunners, Rangers, Guardians/Storm Guardians, Dark Reapers, Shining Spears, Corsairs. And Grey Knights did get a character.

And it’s literally not more than non-SM armies have got over the past editions, Orks have got more and so have Necrons. And they didn’t need it any more than Eldar did.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/01/29 08:14:36


 
   
Made in ca
Sadistic Inquisitorial Excruciator




USA

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Sabotage! wrote:
drbored wrote:
TBH, I have a feeling that the earlier leaks may have mistook the 'Warp Spider' stuff as simply the warp spider upgrades that the Autarch can get. This sort of thing happens with rumors when someone doesn't have all the information and is going off of maybe quick glances at pictures alone. We may see the Corsairs this Monday, or they may save that for even further down the line. Like, this Monday could be a closer look at the Shining Spears and Avatar or something, with Corsairs saved for a week later.


The last Path of the Preview did say we are getting a new "reveal" this upcoming Monday, so I think it will likely be another new kit or a reveal of the full Corsair kit (which would be really strange to tease a single model and then show the full squad 4 days later). I don't think they will show the Avatar or Shining Spears, as the follow up article to the LVO event showed all their options. I suppose the reveal could be "you have a codex coming!" but I don't think they would do something like that, I think everyone knows there is a codex coming.

I'm crossing my fingers for another Aspect in plastic, but would be happy with a full reveal of the Corsair kit also.


I’m not sure where this photos from originally but I saw it on Facebook:



So it’s probably the rest of the corsairs, or the codex on Monday.

To be honest, as much as I love the models we’re getting, I’m a little bit disappointed with the size of the release. I would argue it isn’t ‘massive’ at all. There’s still a bunch of models older than I am, still 4 finecast Aspects, and even things like the Vyper that could do with at least a sprue recut. I think it’s 10 kits including the Corsairs, Orks just got 6 kits just for Beastsnagga stuff as well as a few easy build kits and the Kommandos. Necrons got a massive new range. Space Marines have obviously had a lot more kits than that recently. I really hope it’s not too long before we get some more Aspects redone.


Ah, nice catch, I hadn't seen that one. Well that's a bit of the bummer. Here's hoping we see the Corsairs rather than the book - as everyone knows that's coming.

I also love the new models, but am a bit disappointed by the size of the release as well. While the Scorpions and particularly the Fire Dragons are still good sculpts (though finecast sucks) - the Hawks and the Spiders are ancient....I think the Spiders were released in 1993 or 1994. Really wish they had done at least those two as well. The Spiders in particular have only had one sculpt and it seems a strange choice to do a third resculpt of the Dark Reapers over a second of the Warp Spiders. I guess I have no regrets about picking up (admittedly beautiful) Artel W ones.

I guess at least the Spears got a new kit....they needed one pretty badly and in my opinion it looks great.

I'm also hoping we get a second wave of Aspects soon.

 
   
Made in au
Tunneling Trygon






 ImAGeek wrote:
I’m not sure where this photos from originally but I saw it on Facebook:



Pulled straight from the initial WarCom article on the LVO that was updated the include links to separate pages for each reveal
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Not sure if this is of use to anyone but I got a repackaged for 2022 Spiritseer today, not sure if his stats have changed from the last codex:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/29 09:16:00


Painting Warhammer 40,000 Conquest a P and M blog : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/763491.page 
   
Made in us
Agile Revenant Titan





Florida

ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Not sure if this is of use to anyone but I got a repackaged for 2022 Spiritseer today, not sure if his stats have changed from the last codex:



Stats in the pic are the same stats in the current codex.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/01/29 10:35:39


No earth shattering, thought provoking quote. I'm just someone who was introduced to 40K in the late 80's and it's become a lifelong hobby. 
   
Made in nl
Been Around the Block




 DarkStarSabre wrote:
 ImAGeek wrote:

To be honest, as much as I love the models we’re getting, I’m a little bit disappointed with the size of the release. I would argue it isn’t ‘massive’ at all. There’s still a bunch of models older than I am, still 4 finecast Aspects, and even things like the Vyper that could do with at least a sprue recut. I think it’s 10 kits including the Corsairs, Orks just got 6 kits just for Beastsnagga stuff as well as a few easy build kits and the Kommandos. Necrons got a massive new range. Space Marines have obviously had a lot more kits than that recently. I really hope it’s not too long before we get some more Aspects redone.


Alright, can you tell me when the last Tyranid release was?

Just an innocent question.

And what did Ad-Mech get other than a single character?

This release is respectable for Eldar. The Avatar, 1 Phoenix Lord, Foot Autarch, Warlocks and 7 units worth. I dunno, 7 units worth, 1 centrepiece Monster, a 2 character kit and 2 characters really is a rather nice release. It's certainly more than non-SM armies have had in the past few editions.

Or would you rather have a Thousand Sons codex and a character? You know, just like DG and Ad-Mech got. Or heck, even better, Grey Knights codex only.

Plenty of things to be salty over, the fact you're basically getting 10 kits and a battle box for your Codex release isn't one of them.


Admech got a sizeable update with psychic awakening (4 new units and a new character, plus another new character with the codex and generic rules for a blackstone fortress model). I'll give you nids though, they need some love as well. But let's not pretend Eldar don't need (and deserve, as one of the historically most popular armies) more updates than they got - so much of the range will still be in finecast or ancient models (like the vyper, which also just looks terribly outdated). It's a good update, and I'm very happy, but there's a good amount of work yet to do for GW.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





The Warp Spiders still date back to like 1994.
Why on earth wouldn't they be first in line for a refresh?
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





For a first wave its very good, and so long as there is more to come later in the year then I'm happy to wait.

My only concern is how Harlequin players will fare with the upcoming shared codex. If we cannot borrow Craftworld units in our detachments, then are we at least going to be treated to a combat patrol box or a new model?

Because lets face it, it was annoying when the only release for the last edition was for Sisters of Battle...

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran





 dan2026 wrote:
The Warp Spiders still date back to like 1994.
Why on earth wouldn't they be first in line for a refresh?


They are probably done and will come in a second wave. I definitely expected a bit more this release but I'd be sure there's a second wave either later this year or early next year like the Lumineth got as this doesn't feel like a massive update as the rumours stated, big yes but not massive and incomplete. Then they'll hype it with new Spiders.. I'm hoping for a full Corsair Yriel/HQ at some point.
[And yes really wanting some new Nids and the prospect of Squats, even just as a killteam is fantastic].
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: