Switch Theme:

Inquisition in November White Dwarf  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
frankr wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 Fenrir Kitsune wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
. Power armour is not 'constantly' being made, its not a mass produced process.


Marines manage to mass produce.

Somebody must be churning out vratine armour for the Sisters of Silence now as well, which while not full power armour, provides a 3+ save.


Millions of Sisters of Battle too - plus all those Engineseers etc. Of course its mass produced and constantly being made.

Plus Inqusitiors should have access to Artifcer armour - as thats what several wear in the lore when in high intensity combat.


In the 40k universe I can see this being a brute force method with tens of millions of techpriests on each work on 1 suite of power armor at a time, and when that is finished start on another one. Who cares if it takes 30 years to make each suite if you have 5,000 being completed every day. That would take 54.75 million techpriests btw, which seems like a insane number to us, but I can see the Imperium doing that, honestly I could see multiple individual forgeworlds doing that by themselves.
I wouldn't exactly call that Mass Produced, but I would call it "Produced in Mass"



Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it, like marines and Sisters, but it isnt, so they dont. And if they did, theyd have it in White Dwarf, as the guys who wrote the Inquisition CA are the rules and lore writers... .



Inquisitors get what they want - correct?
Inquisitors can and do want Power Armour as per lore so they have it - same as various energy fields beyond the basic refractor field that Imperial officers have.

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






Overall I feel the Inquisitors (and to certain extent the henchmen) should have much more gear options. These things do not conform to their no-model-no-rule policy anyway, so why not? Just basically give them access to armouries of all imperial armies combined.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 necrontyrOG wrote:
 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered but can henchmen get carapace in this version?

Inquiring minds want to know


No carapace, no grenade launchers, and no shotguns either.


It's like they're out to get me...

 
   
Made in us
Ragin' Ork Dreadnought





 Crimson wrote:
Overall I feel the Inquisitors (and to certain extent the henchmen) should have much more gear options. These things do not conform to their no-model-no-rule policy anyway, so why not? Just basically give them access to armouries of all imperial armies combined.


Yeah, if anything, given that there aren't really official models they're sticking to, you'd think to give them the most amount of options would maximize sales from people kitbashing acolyte squads together.

My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard and they're like, hurr darry darr.


My suggestion to you is to get married, if you have a good wife you'll be happy, if you have a bad wife you'll become a philosopher. 
   
Made in us
Dangerous Outrider






It's just 40k right???

I keep hearing people comment that there is rules for inquisitors in kill team also in the magazine..

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Denison, Iowa

Did anyone else notice that the Terminator Inquisitor still moves 6 inches? I guess Inq. Terminator armor is super-special.
   
Made in se
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor






 cuda1179 wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the Terminator Inquisitor still moves 6 inches? I guess Inq. Terminator armor is super-special.


You can either convert him/her to have roller-skates or use a tartaros armour
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
Just because an Inquisitor finds himself in a battlefield situation doesnt mean he then suddenly has access to power armour if he didnt before. Look at Eisenhorn, Ravenor, Covenant, Inquisitor Czevak. It is NOT trivial for an Inquisitor to get power armour, quite the opposite. you seem to be uner the impression that Power Armour, whilst Space MArine Chapters are outfitted with it, and Sisters of Battle have it is, easy to come by. Indeed, just because he is ont the battlefield in every game down in your local store Guilliman is not just extremely rare, he is unique. Tabletop and lore dont always mesh, Marines are an extremely uncommon sight, yet we see them all the time in games. I dont have a problem with GW restricting power armour for inquisitors, but then again im more of a fluff gamer and will be adding the odd PA Inquisitor to narrative Kill Team and smaller 40k games in certain campaigns So, as it stands, it is not nonsense, in the least


The guy's authority comes from Emperor. Basically only protest he has to worry is higher up Inquisitors. Anybody else would be committing treason to deny request. As such if Inquisitor wants PA he has the authority to get one as long as his superiors don't take dim view(and if it's for combat purpose unlikely). Plenty of examples of power armoured Inquisitors in fluff.

If Inquisitor is planning to go into full out battlefield a) PA makes lots of sense b) it's quite fluffy(plenty of examples) c) he has the authority to get one. If denied he has authority to arrest and even execute the other. As long as higher ranking Inquisitors don't interfere he's fair play.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
An Inquisitor MAY requisition an army of SOP or Marines, but it is not done lightly. Power armour is not 'constantly' being made, its not a mass produced process. If it was theyd be giving power armour out to guardsmen. You can try to justify it in whatever way you please but it doesn't make it true.


If you don't see difference between giving out to every guardsmen that number in how many trillions and giving one to one of the very rare person(Inquisitors are not numerous) of which you are dealing with minor case(most aren't going gung ho on full on battlefield all the time) who has authority to order one even if it means one less space marine suit armour around until it's been done then I don't know what to say...It's completely different scenario.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it, like marines and Sisters, but it isnt, so they dont. And if they did, theyd have it in White Dwarf, as the guys who wrote the Inquisition CA are the rules and lore writers... .




Gee. Ever thought the concept there might be OTHER reasons than rarity why every Inquisitor isn't running around in one? You quite the Inquisitor rulebook. Clearly you haven't READ it though since if you had you would know Inquisitors don't run around in PA all the time because it would interfere their bloody job. Good luck being unnoticed when walking around in frigging power armour. It's only on serious combat fields you would get one and not every Inquisitor goes around participiating in major battles.

The PA isn't all powerful all situation suit. There's reasons when you use one and when you don't. Inquisitors have reasons to use and not use and it's even up to personal taste.

Really. Read your fluff and the Inquisitor rulebook.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/14 10:27:14


https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2019/12/31/tneva82-december-moria/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




tneva82 wrote:
The guy's authority comes from Emperor.


As far as they can make someone believe that, you guys are all forgetting the fact that a primarch showed up, supposed son of the emperor, and people still gave him gak. And then rather immediately died, but they tried.

Just because you're granted great power, doesn't mean you're completely free of the byzantine bs that is the imperium. To get power armor you need to find someone who can make it for you, which is relatively rare itself, you need to convince them to do so for you specifically, and then you need to wait around for it to actually get finished. Same deal with terminator armor, only rarer, slower, and far more influential. You're competing for surprisingly limited resources in this case, likely against other inquisitors who want such things.

Just because resources on a galactic scale are staggering, doesn't mean this ever becomes easy. Look at rogue trader and see how hard it is for one of them to get terminator armor too, it takes a lot of influence to even get a word in on the people who make such things.
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




Sad to see inquisitors lost crusaders and assassins. Very bland retinue, especially since acolytes cannot take shields.

Seems to be confusion with wargear options and selections for acolytes.

As others have pointed out, their policy of no model no rule, doesn’t apply to this. Why not go gang busters with options for customization on inq and acolytes? Seems specifically limiting for no reason.

I still think inq should be able to requisition almost any vehicle for their personal transport.

The relics being only if for warlords is limiting. Not sure why considering inquisitors are always thought of for having weird relics or exotic things not normal..

Inq weapon restrictions, like that on the tainted blade are weird and limiting for something someone would take purely for theme (only replaces power sword... what’s the reason it can’t just replace whatever weapon? ESP if you’re paying a premium for the one you’ve replaced lol)

Kinda feels like another half baked try, but at least a themed Relictors force is back on the table...
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it

I like how you ignored my laundry list of inquisitors who all have one. There is being wrong, and there is being wrong multiple times on a single page with lots of people in between correcting you and offering sources while you provided zero besides headcanons with no support whatsoever
   
Made in jp
Boosting Black Templar Biker





Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

YeOldSaltPotato wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
The guy's authority comes from Emperor.


As far as they can make someone believe that, you guys are all forgetting the fact that a primarch showed up, supposed son of the emperor, and people still gave him gak. And then rather immediately died, but they tried.

Just because you're granted great power, doesn't mean you're completely free of the byzantine bs that is the imperium. To get power armor you need to find someone who can make it for you, which is relatively rare itself, you need to convince them to do so for you specifically, and then you need to wait around for it to actually get finished. Same deal with terminator armor, only rarer, slower, and far more influential. You're competing for surprisingly limited resources in this case, likely against other inquisitors who want such things.

Just because resources on a galactic scale are staggering, doesn't mean this ever becomes easy. Look at rogue trader and see how hard it is for one of them to get terminator armor too, it takes a lot of influence to even get a word in on the people who make such things.


You're overlooking how cannibalistic authority in the imperium, particularly among inquisitors is. You can disagree with one, and refuse to hand over your family heirloom artificer power armor, just after inquisitor name-you've-never-heard-of makes planetfall...

...but you'd be lucky to get away with just a bolter round to the skull for your impudence. The inquisition are ruthless on a scale humanity has not seen in history before, and to top that off, utterly, utterly disorganized, following a madcap social-Darwinist everyone-who-disagrees-with-me-gets-shot dogma. For middling level inquisitors, issues like money simply aren't a problem. Most planetary populations would be so glad to see the back of them that an old suit of power armor is a small price to pay to keep them from rooting about in the archives. The authority of the inquisition is the will of the emperor, certainly, but in real terms, it is derived from the potential violence wielded by each individual inquisitor.

By your logic, Space Marine armies should be extremely rare, because they are so few in the tide of war in the 41st millennium, and Custodes and Grey Knight armies should be almost (if not totally) unheard of. The Inquisition is the most "Your Dudes" of all the "Your Dudes" armies, and it really is only appropriate that they should get an extremely high level of customization. You pay points to represent how unusual something is. An inquisitor with fatigues and carapace armor are probably a penny a dozen, but that points markup is a in-game-buffer on how unusual power armor is. It should really say something about how rare these resources are that every inquisitor deployed to a warzone doesn't just come with this equipment as standard, but players have to deliberately sink points to give their inquisitors PA.

Poorly thought out argument.

   
Made in gb
Impassive Inquisitorial Interrogator




U.K.

 Mr Morden wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
frankr wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 Fenrir Kitsune wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
. Power armour is not 'constantly' being made, its not a mass produced process.


Marines manage to mass produce.

Somebody must be churning out vratine armour for the Sisters of Silence now as well, which while not full power armour, provides a 3+ save.


Millions of Sisters of Battle too - plus all those Engineseers etc. Of course its mass produced and constantly being made.

Plus Inqusitiors should have access to Artifcer armour - as thats what several wear in the lore when in high intensity combat.


In the 40k universe I can see this being a brute force method with tens of millions of techpriests on each work on 1 suite of power armor at a time, and when that is finished start on another one. Who cares if it takes 30 years to make each suite if you have 5,000 being completed every day. That would take 54.75 million techpriests btw, which seems like a insane number to us, but I can see the Imperium doing that, honestly I could see multiple individual forgeworlds doing that by themselves.
I wouldn't exactly call that Mass Produced, but I would call it "Produced in Mass"



Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it, like marines and Sisters, but it isnt, so they dont. And if they did, theyd have it in White Dwarf, as the guys who wrote the Inquisition CA are the rules and lore writers... .



Inquisitors get what they want - correct?
Inquisitors can and do want Power Armour as per lore so they have it - same as various energy fields beyond the basic refractor field that Imperial officers have.


No, not always. They generally have to be of a pretty high standing or have an extremely good reason to requisition 'anything' they want.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
YeOldSaltPotato wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
The guy's authority comes from Emperor.


As far as they can make someone believe that, you guys are all forgetting the fact that a primarch showed up, supposed son of the emperor, and people still gave him gak. And then rather immediately died, but they tried.

Just because you're granted great power, doesn't mean you're completely free of the byzantine bs that is the imperium. To get power armor you need to find someone who can make it for you, which is relatively rare itself, you need to convince them to do so for you specifically, and then you need to wait around for it to actually get finished. Same deal with terminator armor, only rarer, slower, and far more influential. You're competing for surprisingly limited resources in this case, likely against other inquisitors who want such things.

Just because resources on a galactic scale are staggering, doesn't mean this ever becomes easy. Look at rogue trader and see how hard it is for one of them to get terminator armor too, it takes a lot of influence to even get a word in on the people who make such things.


I dont know whether they can't get their heads round this part of the lore or whether they just dont want to


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Irbis wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it

I like how you ignored my laundry list of inquisitors who all have one. There is being wrong, and there is being wrong multiple times on a single page with lots of people in between correcting you and offering sources while you provided zero besides headcanons with no support whatsoever


So its all 'headcanon? Dont make me laugh son. I imagine ive read far more Inquisition lore than you, played and run more Dark Heresy (including Ascension) roleplay games than you. I guess all the writers are fake, all those lore writers who spend their days thinking and writing about the lore are wrong, yes, that must be it

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/14 15:19:54


3 SPRUUUUUEESSSS!!!!
JWBS wrote:

I'm not going to re-read the lunacy that is the last few pages of this thread, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually said that. Even that one guy banging on about how relatively difficult it might be for an Inquisitor to acquire power armour, I don't think even that guy said that.
 
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:


So its all 'headcanon? Dont make me laugh son. I imagine ive read far more Inquisition lore than you, played and run more Dark Heresy (including Ascension) roleplay games than you. I guess all the writers are fake, all those lore writers who spend their days thinking and writing about the lore are wrong, yes, that must be it

I really don't want to sound confrontational, but it seems you're purposefully ignoring a very salient point to make your argument fit. You say "No, not always. They generally have to be of a pretty high standing or have an extremely good reason to requisition 'anything' they want." So, to be clear, you're expressly stating that almost any inquisitor (effectively any Inquisitor) can't requisition almost anything that he/she wants? And you're going so far down this road of (incorrect) argument as to say that some Inquisitors are of such low authority that they can't obtain access to a suit of power armour? Is that what you're saying?
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot






Iowa

 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
frankr wrote:
 Mr Morden wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 Fenrir Kitsune wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
. Power armour is not 'constantly' being made, its not a mass produced process.


Marines manage to mass produce.

Somebody must be churning out vratine armour for the Sisters of Silence now as well, which while not full power armour, provides a 3+ save.


Millions of Sisters of Battle too - plus all those Engineseers etc. Of course its mass produced and constantly being made.

Plus Inqusitiors should have access to Artifcer armour - as thats what several wear in the lore when in high intensity combat.


In the 40k universe I can see this being a brute force method with tens of millions of techpriests on each work on 1 suite of power armor at a time, and when that is finished start on another one. Who cares if it takes 30 years to make each suite if you have 5,000 being completed every day. That would take 54.75 million techpriests btw, which seems like a insane number to us, but I can see the Imperium doing that, honestly I could see multiple individual forgeworlds doing that by themselves.
I wouldn't exactly call that Mass Produced, but I would call it "Produced in Mass"



Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it, like marines and Sisters, but it isnt, so they dont. And if they did, theyd have it in White Dwarf, as the guys who wrote the Inquisition CA are the rules and lore writers... .



Inquisitors get what they want - correct?
Inquisitors can and do want Power Armour as per lore so they have it - same as various energy fields beyond the basic refractor field that Imperial officers have.


No, not always. They generally have to be of a pretty high standing or have an extremely good reason to requisition 'anything' they want.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
YeOldSaltPotato wrote:
tneva82 wrote:
The guy's authority comes from Emperor.


As far as they can make someone believe that, you guys are all forgetting the fact that a primarch showed up, supposed son of the emperor, and people still gave him gak. And then rather immediately died, but they tried.

Just because you're granted great power, doesn't mean you're completely free of the byzantine bs that is the imperium. To get power armor you need to find someone who can make it for you, which is relatively rare itself, you need to convince them to do so for you specifically, and then you need to wait around for it to actually get finished. Same deal with terminator armor, only rarer, slower, and far more influential. You're competing for surprisingly limited resources in this case, likely against other inquisitors who want such things.

Just because resources on a galactic scale are staggering, doesn't mean this ever becomes easy. Look at rogue trader and see how hard it is for one of them to get terminator armor too, it takes a lot of influence to even get a word in on the people who make such things.


I dont know whether they can't get their heads round this part of the lore or whether they just dont want to


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Irbis wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
Spot on. Also Tyrus isnt your typical Inquisitor (he's the only Inquisitor in the Inquisitor rulebook that had power armour, but dont let that stop you...). If power armour was mass produced for Inquisitors then theyd all have it

I like how you ignored my laundry list of inquisitors who all have one. There is being wrong, and there is being wrong multiple times on a single page with lots of people in between correcting you and offering sources while you provided zero besides headcanons with no support whatsoever


So its all 'headcanon? Dont make me laugh son. I imagine ive read far more Inquisition lore than you, played and run more Dark Heresy (including Ascension) roleplay games than you. I guess all the writers are fake, all those lore writers who spend their days thinking and writing about the lore are wrong, yes, that must be it

I don’t recall most rpgs being canon, nor the games you played in being canon. Stop this. You’ve got to be a joke at this point.

If the truth can destroy it, then it deserves to be destroyed. 
   
Made in gb
Impassive Inquisitorial Interrogator




U.K.

The Inquisitor Rulebook, all the Black Library books on the Inquisition and the Dark heresy books are canon, period


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:

On a different note, what kind of options do the Inquisition have, weapon wise? Im hoping there's a lot of variety but I imagine I may be disappointed

Most weapons are rare. They should just have lasguns.
*slow clap*
Oh you're a funny one Lordy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/14 15:50:00


3 SPRUUUUUEESSSS!!!!
JWBS wrote:

I'm not going to re-read the lunacy that is the last few pages of this thread, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually said that. Even that one guy banging on about how relatively difficult it might be for an Inquisitor to acquire power armour, I don't think even that guy said that.
 
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
The Inquisitor Rulebook, all the Black Library books on the Inquisition and the Dark heresy books are canon, period


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:

On a different note, what kind of options do the Inquisition have, weapon wise? Im hoping there's a lot of variety but I imagine I may be disappointed

Most weapons are rare. They should just have lasguns.
*slow clap*
Oh you're a funny one Lordy

I'm assuming at this point that the questions I've asked you are too difficult to answer so I'm gonna go with the prevailing opinion in this thread that you're not as knowledgeable on the subject as you think you are.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
The Inquisitor Rulebook, all the Black Library books on the Inquisition and the Dark heresy books are canon, period


There is no canon in 40k, everything is propaganda.
Or maybe a more topic appropriate way to say that is: "everything you have been told is a lie"
   
Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





An Inquisitor can take command of an entire Guard Battalion, Sisters of Battle Detachment, Space Marine Company, Death Watch Strike Force, Grey Knight Brotherhood, Admech Explorator Force, Imperial Knight Household, an a Rogue Trader's Entire retinue to spearhead a battle against a critical threat from Xenos, Heretics, Daemons, Traitors, and/or Seditionists...

...but asking for a set of power armor? Slow your role, homie. Better stuff some issues of White Dwarf magazine in your coat if you wanna stop a gunshot. Just who do you think you are, with your fancy little =][= badge?

"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Any chance we can discuss something other than how capable fictional characters are of acquiring fictional weaponry?
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati





 LunarSol wrote:
Any chance we can discuss something other than how capable fictional characters are of acquiring fictional weaponry?

There are plenty of subreddits devoted to partisan politics and amusing jpegs, you have but to look.
   
Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





 LunarSol wrote:
Any chance we can discuss something other than how capable fictional characters are of acquiring fictional weaponry?


Nope. This is exactly the place to discuss exactly this sort of thing.

I mean, it's like you're asking me to get off my toilet and go poop somewhere else.

See if I invite you over and leave the door open again.

"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in ca
Cog in the Machine




Ottawa, Canada

 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
Any chance we can discuss something other than how capable fictional characters are of acquiring fictional weaponry?


Nope. This is exactly the place to discuss exactly this sort of thing.

I mean, it's like you're asking me to get off my toilet and go poop somewhere else.

See if I invite you over and leave the door open again.


This is the News and Rumors section discussing the Inquisition rules in the upcoming WD.

If you wanna discuss Inquisitorial access to Power Armour in the fluff, there's an aptly named 40k Background forum for that.

- 2500 | - 5250 | Krieg - 2000 | - 1250 | - 2000
30k: Alpha Legion - 3000 | - 2500 | Blackshields: - 3000 
   
Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





 Orodhen wrote:
This is the News and Rumors section discussing the Inquisition rules in the upcoming WD.

If you wanna discuss Inquisitorial access to Power Armour in the fluff, there's an aptly named 40k Background forum for that.


This is for discussing Inquisition in White Dwarf. Not rules specifically, but Inquisition in White Dwarf.

It's related to the topic. If you don't like the particular aspect of the topic, just skim over and focus on what you like.

"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in gb
Impassive Inquisitorial Interrogator




U.K.

 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
An Inquisitor can take command of an entire Guard Battalion, Sisters of Battle Detachment, Space Marine Company, Death Watch Strike Force, Grey Knight Brotherhood, Admech Explorator Force, Imperial Knight Household, an a Rogue Trader's Entire retinue to spearhead a battle against a critical threat from Xenos, Heretics, Daemons, Traitors, and/or Seditionists...


He can, but its not automatic, and in many cases he may not have access to those particular assets for a number of reasons.
Eisenhorn fought against xenos, rival Inquisitors and a multitude of enemies. Surely he'd be better off with power armour, surely his friend Magos Geard Bure (before his death) could have fashioned him a suit, thrown it together in an instant, because its apparently that easy to do, or maybe he could have walked into his local Nike Power Armour store and picked one up off the rack, one size fits all and all that other rubbish. Yes, that must be it

[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/11/14 17:19:10


3 SPRUUUUUEESSSS!!!!
JWBS wrote:

I'm not going to re-read the lunacy that is the last few pages of this thread, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually said that. Even that one guy banging on about how relatively difficult it might be for an Inquisitor to acquire power armour, I don't think even that guy said that.
 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






He absolutely could have ordered Ad Mech to make him a custom fit one. He didn't do it for some reason, probably because it would been way too conspicuous and cumbersome. There are many reasons for an Inquisitors to not wear a power armour, 'can't get one' isn't among them.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in gb
Deadshot Weapon Moderati






OK guys. Eisenhorn didn't use power armour. I think it's pretty conclusive at this point, this dude's logic is unassailable. Eisenhorn didn't have it. ipso facto. All done.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
 Adeptus Doritos wrote:
An Inquisitor can take command of an entire Guard Battalion, Sisters of Battle Detachment, Space Marine Company, Death Watch Strike Force, Grey Knight Brotherhood, Admech Explorator Force, Imperial Knight Household, an a Rogue Trader's Entire retinue to spearhead a battle against a critical threat from Xenos, Heretics, Daemons, Traitors, and/or Seditionists...


He can, but its not automatic, and in many cases he may not have access to those particular assets for a number of reasons.
Eisenhorn fought against xenos, rival Inquisitors and a multitude of enemies. Surely he'd be better off with power armour, surely his friend Magos Geard Bure (before his death) could have fashioned him a suit, thrown it together in an instant, because its apparently that easy to do, or maybe he could have walked into his local Nike Power Armour store and picked one up off the rack, one size fits all and all that other rubbish. Yes, that must be it

[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]


Who hasn't run Inquisitor RPGS? I have - plenty of them.

Eisenhorn does not use Power Armour - ok....

Conversely (the non psychic) Amberley Vail often works in "civilian clothes" and relies on concealable force fields BUT when she knows she is going into a heavy combat - like say your average 40k tabletop battlefield guess what she gets out her custom Artifcer Power armour so she can kick ass and more importantly not die.

Saying yeah she (and other inquisitors) sometimes get caught in firefights without it is fine - Claiming that somehow Inqusitors should not have it as a OPTION is just trolling.

Poor show sir poor show

I AM A MARINE PLAYER

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!





 Inquisitor Kallus wrote:
He can, but its not automatic, and in many cases he may not have access to those particular assets for a number of reasons.


OK, my Inquisitor asked for Powered Armor and had that kind of pull. Should be able to get it. Because he's awesome.

I don't care about your favorite story character.

"I am capable of acknowledging the cunning of the Xenos. I was amused to discover that an Aeldari weapon classification directly translates to 'Mandiblasters'. That is quite clever, that translation." -Acanthophis Serne, "Death Adders" Chapter, seconded to Deathwatch Fortress 'Dacia'. 
   
Made in gb
Impassive Inquisitorial Interrogator




U.K.

 Crimson wrote:
He absolutely could have ordered Ad Mech to make him a custom fit one. He didn't do it for some reason, probably because it would been way too conspicuous and cumbersome. There are many reasons for an Inquisitors to not wear a power armour, 'can't get one' isn't among them.


AHA HAA HAAAA
You, Adeptus Mechanicus over there, go and make me some Power Armour!
"But sir, we are currently working on fixing and modifying the output of the Gellar fiel....."
"I am Inquisitor Adeptus Doritos and I am far more important than anything you could ever conceive of doing at this, or any other, moment in time! Im not just some random pleb that someone made up on a whim. Im just as important as Karazamabob or any of those other lordy lordys.
So, go make me some Power Armour, by this Thursday or so help me Emperor i'll have your hides. Those unpainted Genestealer Cultists i'll be fighting against are far more important than any interesting or remotely logical lore that may, but shouldnt really exist, because it doesnt fit with my aggenda! Now! Away with your fake news!!

*orders another McExterminatus for fun*
"Look at them do the fiery dance Reginald! Isnt it wonderful!"
"Yes master........." *sighs*

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/11/14 18:07:31


3 SPRUUUUUEESSSS!!!!
JWBS wrote:

I'm not going to re-read the lunacy that is the last few pages of this thread, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually said that. Even that one guy banging on about how relatively difficult it might be for an Inquisitor to acquire power armour, I don't think even that guy said that.
 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: