Switch Theme:

Codex Release Schedule  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba





Yeah, admech, who got

7th ed: Their initial model range in two waves

End of 7th ed: Belligerent Carl

8th ed: Floaty fat dune bad guy guy? New techpriest model i think?

End of 8th ed: New very good doggos, new flyer, new pterodactyls

Seems like a reasonable release schedule to me. About once an edition.

"I can't believe all these tryhard WAACs out there just care about winning all the time when it's supposed to be a game for fun!!!!!!! Also here's my 27 page essay on why marines are OP and Orkz should get a bunch of OP rules so I can win more games

-the_scotsman"

-ERJAK 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




the_scotsman wrote:
The marine bloat is so silly that GW puts something out for Primaris, and then puts out ANOTHER thing that does the exact same job 100% better, making there be basically no point in the existence of the first thing.

Remember Reivers? Anyone going to buy those now that we have AP-1 Obsec Assault Intercessors and Infiltrators with better bolt carbines an anti-DS aura and good Infiltrate rules?

Reivers are a case of GW overvaluing morale rules (like they always do). However, while we don't know what's new for them yet, they'll probably still be terrible. That's because they still don't fulfill a role that Marines, let alone Primaris, need whatsoever.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




the_scotsman wrote:
The marine bloat is so silly that GW puts something out for Primaris, and then puts out ANOTHER thing that does the exact same job 100% better, making there be basically no point in the existence of the first thing.

Remember Reivers? Anyone going to buy those now that we have AP-1 Obsec Assault Intercessors and Infiltrators with better bolt carbines an anti-DS aura and good Infiltrate rules?

Remember the Repulsor? you know, how you could build that variant with all the las-talons? Well, he's the new tank, which doesn't pay for transport capacity, and has the shiny new multi-meltas so it does more damage for less points!

Remember the Redemptor Dreadnought? S5 guns plus dreadnought fist? Well here's the Invictor, same preferred target, same melee power, same defenses, oh by the way you get to deploy it midboard while the redemptor starts in your DZ :^)

GW didn't even bother making Suppressors a kit. It's more just a formality at this point. Marine players aren't supposed to buy the plastic kits, just buy 250$ box set and flog the not-marine half on ebay. Then buy next 250$ box set and throw out previous 250$ box set!

Don't think, just consume product and get excited for new product!


The only problem with your theory here is that no one bought any of those things before unless they LIKED them. Baseline repulsors have ALWAYS been doggak, reivers have always been terrible, redemptors are and have always been garbage except for maybe like 12 minutes when IH were at full strength and the suppressors were kak until they weren't until they were again and were part of a boxset that had that other unit you were saying marines needed to buy instead of reivers. There was no gameplay pressure to own any of these units, if anything you were actively discouraged to buy them because they use to be EVEN WORSE than they are now.

In fact, none of those units except suppressors were in any of those big boxsets. Honestly, most of your arguments are short sighted but this is so offbase that it kind of seems like you had a stroke midway through. There's a real argument about GW producing multiple kits that all serve the exact same purpose only with one being mathematically superior(a big problem stormcast face in AoS as well btw) causing problems for consumers who intend to use them on the tabletop, but you got so totally sidetracked with your rambling about boxsets that you lost it entirely.

But then again 'Don't think, just hate GW and get too worked up about it to keep track of your one cogent point!' correct?

2500pts
2500
3000


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




the whole idea behind hate is that you don't need to track stuff. hate is good because it lets you skip all the unneeded thinking parts.

GW nerfs and buffs do have their fun sides. GW pulls ETB aggressors, who were considered at best ETB redepmptor tier, and suddenly in 9th if you play salamanders you want multiple squad of the bad boys.

regular primaris were meh tier all 8th, till 2.0 codex came and suddenly everything was good.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Gadzilla666 wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
There would also probably be less complaining if people didn't perceive themselves as weaker than marines, which means codex more than it does models.

Rigghhht, codexes. So who's getting four of the six new codexes/supplements we'll be getting this year? Could it be the faction with the second newest codex in the game? The one that's been dominating the meta for the last year? Naahhhh, couldn't be them.


Jidmah wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
There would also probably be less complaining if people didn't perceive themselves as weaker than marines, which means codex more than it does models.

There would be less complaining if releases, both books and models, were more evenly distributed across all factions.

I'm sure you don't meant it that way, but your post reads as if your are saying that marines deserve to get vastly more models than any other faction in the game because those factions have gotten models at any time in the past?

I'd also like to point out that your "brand new list" effectively says that it's ok for new armies to not receive any release whatsoever, rules or models, for 3 full years.

How about not updating loyalist Space Marines at all for another three years? I'm sure that most players won't run out of things to buy in the meantime.


Right, so I agree with you guys that they could spread the love a little more, but you also have to consider that marines are moving to the supplement model. It's super low hanging fruit to just transition the rest of the marines over now instead of waiting. DA, BA and DW are pretty old books as well (SW is the newest of the bunch).

Forgeworld is coming for everyone in one book, but not everyone will care about that I suppose.

I'd honestly hope for Nids and Daemons after DA as they're also older books.

We're at the tail end of a refresh for the main line. If you look at the rumor engine there is only one possible thing (a servo skull) that could be marine and even then it is unlikely. I don't think marines deserve more. They just serve more players simultaneously.

And as with any future boxed sets they will need to make some narrative sense. We got Admech/Crons. We could see IG splash down as the hero in a box next year. New IS would absolutely murder.

   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest




The only problem with your theory here is that no one bought any of those things before unless they LIKED them. Baseline repulsors have ALWAYS been doggak, reivers have always been terrible, redemptors are and have always been garbage except for maybe like 12 minutes when IH were at full strength and the suppressors were kak until they weren't until they were again and were part of a boxset that had that other unit you were saying marines needed to buy instead of reivers. There was no gameplay pressure to own any of these units, if anything you were actively discouraged to buy them because they use to be EVEN WORSE than they are now.

In fact, none of those units except suppressors were in any of those big boxsets. Honestly, most of your arguments are short sighted but this is so offbase that it kind of seems like you had a stroke midway through. There's a real argument about GW producing multiple kits that all serve the exact same purpose only with one being mathematically superior(a big problem stormcast face in AoS as well btw) causing problems for consumers who intend to use them on the tabletop, but you got so totally sidetracked with your rambling about boxsets that you lost it entirely.

But then again 'Don't think, just hate GW and get too worked up about it to keep track of your one cogent point!' correct?


I mean, yeah, the box set stuff is a little off the rails, but the thing is, scotsman is pointing out how silly it is that they release "unit A" that performs role "B" and then almost immediately release "Unit C" that ALSO does "role B" for the exact same army. In some ways, the original unit being bad (hello Rievers) actually makes the situation worse. Most armies who get a bad release just have to deal with it for years. Primaris got multiple bad releases and Gdubs just said "Oh sorry - here's additional models that will fix that problem, along with additional rules that alternately simply let you ignore it".

You're not wrong that a lot of the units he called out were bad at first, but that doesn't really make it any better ...

Edit: I just googled ablutions and apparently it does not including dropping a duece. I should have looked it up early sorry for any confusion. - Baldsmug

Psiensis on the "good old days":
"Kids these days...
... I invented the 6th Ed meta back in 3rd ed.
Wait, what were we talking about again? Did I ever tell you about the time I gave you five bees for a quarter? That's what you'd say in those days, "give me five bees for a quarter", is what you'd say in those days. And you'd go down to the D&D shop, with an onion in your belt, 'cause that was the style of the time. So there I was in the D&D shop..." 
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine




The dark hollows of Kentucky

 Daedalus81 wrote:
Right, so I agree with you guys that they could spread the love a little more, but you also have to consider that marines are moving to the supplement model. It's super low hanging fruit to just transition the rest of the marines over now instead of waiting. DA, BA and DW are pretty old books as well (SW is the newest of the bunch).

Forgeworld is coming for everyone in one book, but not everyone will care about that I suppose.

I'd honestly hope for Nids and Daemons after DA as they're also older books.

We're at the tail end of a refresh for the main line. If you look at the rumor engine there is only one possible thing (a servo skull) that could be marine and even then it is unlikely. I don't think marines deserve more. They just serve more players simultaneously.

And as with any future boxed sets they will need to make some narrative sense. We got Admech/Crons. We could see IG splash down as the hero in a box next year. New IS would absolutely murder.

True, but I can't help thinking they could be getting the supplements out of the way faster, which would allow them to release other codexes sooner. I could be wrong, but judging from what we know, it looks like they're spreading out their releases, we know it's happening for DA. Now that might be due to production issues because of the global situation, but if it isn't, I see no reason that all the supplements couldn't be released with the codex. Any BA, SW, DW, or, DA player that wants their supplement will be picking up a codex to go with it.

As for the Imperial Armour Compendium, it's very important to me personally. If they don't fix my fw toys that aren't working, or worse, nerf the ones that are, I won't have much interest in playing until the new csm codex is released. Right now all our codex vehicles are either in bad shape, or something that I wouldn't want in my army (No daemons in my Night Lords!), and I don't have much interest in playing pure infantry. But that's just me.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





Tycho wrote:

I mean, yeah, the box set stuff is a little off the rails, but the thing is, scotsman is pointing out how silly it is that they release "unit A" that performs role "B" and then almost immediately release "Unit C" that ALSO does "role B" for the exact same army. In some ways, the original unit being bad (hello Rievers) actually makes the situation worse. Most armies who get a bad release just have to deal with it for years. Primaris got multiple bad releases and Gdubs just said "Oh sorry - here's additional models that will fix that problem, along with additional rules that alternately simply let you ignore it".

You're not wrong that a lot of the units he called out were bad at first, but that doesn't really make it any better ...


GW isn't fixing problems. It is filling out unit options and expanding into new rules interactions.

Bike, Assault, Land Speeder, Attack Bike, Devastators. People acted like the Repulsor was the MBT, but it was a Crusader and the Executioner a "regular" Land Raider. The turrets are either a TFC or Drop Pod analogue - though I don't doubt a Primaris Pod in the future.

If it is silly for GW to release units of similar design where were people when the Venerable, Contemptor, and Ironclad dreadnoughts hit the scene? Stormhawk / Stormraven / Stormtalon? Attack Bikes and Land Speeders? All the Land Raiders? Rhino and Razorback?

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Daedalus81 wrote:
[
GW isn't fixing problems. It is filling out unit options and expanding into new rules interactions.


Exactly. Why fix problems when you can instead sell someone a new unit and keep them chasing a complete game experience?
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gadzilla666 wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
Right, so I agree with you guys that they could spread the love a little more, but you also have to consider that marines are moving to the supplement model. It's super low hanging fruit to just transition the rest of the marines over now instead of waiting. DA, BA and DW are pretty old books as well (SW is the newest of the bunch).

Forgeworld is coming for everyone in one book, but not everyone will care about that I suppose.

I'd honestly hope for Nids and Daemons after DA as they're also older books.

We're at the tail end of a refresh for the main line. If you look at the rumor engine there is only one possible thing (a servo skull) that could be marine and even then it is unlikely. I don't think marines deserve more. They just serve more players simultaneously.

And as with any future boxed sets they will need to make some narrative sense. We got Admech/Crons. We could see IG splash down as the hero in a box next year. New IS would absolutely murder.

True, but I can't help thinking they could be getting the supplements out of the way faster, which would allow them to release other codexes sooner. I could be wrong, but judging from what we know, it looks like they're spreading out their releases, we know it's happening for DA. Now that might be due to production issues because of the global situation, but if it isn't, I see no reason that all the supplements couldn't be released with the codex. Any BA, SW, DW, or, DA player that wants their supplement will be picking up a codex to go with it.

As for the Imperial Armour Compendium, it's very important to me personally. If they don't fix my fw toys that aren't working, or worse, nerf the ones that are, I won't have much interest in playing until the new csm codex is released. Right now all our codex vehicles are either in bad shape, or something that I wouldn't want in my army (No daemons in my Night Lords!), and I don't have much interest in playing pure infantry. But that's just me.
2 books in October, 4 more this year is a book every 2 weeks, which I believe is the same pace they did in updating 8th.
And like 8th this would mean it takes 1.5 years to update everything.

I don't see why we would assume GW can/should go faster.
   
Made in us
Mutated Chosen Chaos Marine




The dark hollows of Kentucky

 Ordana wrote:
Spoiler:
 Gadzilla666 wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
Right, so I agree with you guys that they could spread the love a little more, but you also have to consider that marines are moving to the supplement model. It's super low hanging fruit to just transition the rest of the marines over now instead of waiting. DA, BA and DW are pretty old books as well (SW is the newest of the bunch).

Forgeworld is coming for everyone in one book, but not everyone will care about that I suppose.

I'd honestly hope for Nids and Daemons after DA as they're also older books.

We're at the tail end of a refresh for the main line. If you look at the rumor engine there is only one possible thing (a servo skull) that could be marine and even then it is unlikely. I don't think marines deserve more. They just serve more players simultaneously.

And as with any future boxed sets they will need to make some narrative sense. We got Admech/Crons. We could see IG splash down as the hero in a box next year. New IS would absolutely murder.

True, but I can't help thinking they could be getting the supplements out of the way faster, which would allow them to release other codexes sooner. I could be wrong, but judging from what we know, it looks like they're spreading out their releases, we know it's happening for DA. Now that might be due to production issues because of the global situation, but if it isn't, I see no reason that all the supplements couldn't be released with the codex. Any BA, SW, DW, or, DA player that wants their supplement will be picking up a codex to go with it.

As for the Imperial Armour Compendium, it's very important to me personally. If they don't fix my fw toys that aren't working, or worse, nerf the ones that are, I won't have much interest in playing until the new csm codex is released. Right now all our codex vehicles are either in bad shape, or something that I wouldn't want in my army (No daemons in my Night Lords!), and I don't have much interest in playing pure infantry. But that's just me.

2 books in October, 4 more this year is a book every 2 weeks, which I believe is the same pace they did in updating 8th.
And like 8th this would mean it takes 1.5 years to update everything.

I don't see why we would assume GW can/should go faster.

Well, IF they already have all the supplements in stock and ready to go (which they may not), they CAN release them all with the codex, thus moving up the release schedule for everyone else. Then they can return to the book every two weeks schedule. If these supplements are coming out without any new models (which is a reasonable assumption, as we've seen nothing that would suggest that they are coming with a model release), then I don't see any reason to stagger their releases. The players of those chapters will want their supplements at the same time as the codex.

As for why they should: In order to get everyone playing the same game as quickly as possible, and diminish codex creep. If these books were really written and playtested all at the same time as some playtesters have suggested, then they should be made available so everyone is on an even playing field.
   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest




GW isn't fixing problems. It is filling out unit options and expanding into new rules interactions.

Bike, Assault, Land Speeder, Attack Bike, Devastators. People acted like the Repulsor was the MBT, but it was a Crusader and the Executioner a "regular" Land Raider. The turrets are either a TFC or Drop Pod analogue - though I don't doubt a Primaris Pod in the future.

If it is silly for GW to release units of similar design where were people when the Venerable, Contemptor, and Ironclad dreadnoughts hit the scene? Stormhawk / Stormraven / Stormtalon? Attack Bikes and Land Speeders? All the Land Raiders? Rhino and Razorback?


I realize they aren't literally fixing problems, but you can't tell me you don't see the irony in Space Marines getting so many releases so fast that they begin to invalidate themselves while other armies haven't seen anything useful (or anytign at all in some cases) in years ...

And yes - Razorback should have just been a upgrade to the Rhino sheet and the LRs should all be on one sheet. I think you can make an argument for Attack bikes and speeders not invalidating each other though ...

Edit: I just googled ablutions and apparently it does not including dropping a duece. I should have looked it up early sorry for any confusion. - Baldsmug

Psiensis on the "good old days":
"Kids these days...
... I invented the 6th Ed meta back in 3rd ed.
Wait, what were we talking about again? Did I ever tell you about the time I gave you five bees for a quarter? That's what you'd say in those days, "give me five bees for a quarter", is what you'd say in those days. And you'd go down to the D&D shop, with an onion in your belt, 'cause that was the style of the time. So there I was in the D&D shop..." 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Tycho wrote:
GW isn't fixing problems. It is filling out unit options and expanding into new rules interactions.

Bike, Assault, Land Speeder, Attack Bike, Devastators. People acted like the Repulsor was the MBT, but it was a Crusader and the Executioner a "regular" Land Raider. The turrets are either a TFC or Drop Pod analogue - though I don't doubt a Primaris Pod in the future.

If it is silly for GW to release units of similar design where were people when the Venerable, Contemptor, and Ironclad dreadnoughts hit the scene? Stormhawk / Stormraven / Stormtalon? Attack Bikes and Land Speeders? All the Land Raiders? Rhino and Razorback?


I realize they aren't literally fixing problems, but you can't tell me you don't see the irony in Space Marines getting so many releases so fast that they begin to invalidate themselves while other armies haven't seen anything useful (or anytign at all in some cases) in years ...

And yes - Razorback should have just been a upgrade to the Rhino sheet and the LRs should all be on one sheet. I think you can make an argument for Attack bikes and speeders not invalidating each other though ...

Honestly I'm for consolidating the Ironclad/Boxnaught into the same profile now.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Jidmah wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
There would also probably be less complaining if people didn't perceive themselves as weaker than marines, which means codex more than it does models.

There would be less complaining if releases, both books and models, were more evenly distributed across all factions.

It's funny you say that, because Elves and Stormcast both get complained about in AoS despite their release windows being fairly small.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/15 19:46:10


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Mysterious Techpriest





Honestly I'm for consolidating the Ironclad/Boxnaught into the same profile now.


I hadn't thought of that before, but the argument could probably be made.

Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.


It's not just here. Everyone wants to say "It's just Dakka" but it's not. Some of us do complain too loudly, but a lot of people seem to want to do a lot of hand waving around the All-Primaris-All-The-Time release schedule and I don't think that helps. I'm hoping that, after they get through October and then the next 3 or 4 Marine releases after that (the snowflake books) they will have it out of their system and will go back to a more balanced schedule.

Edit: I just googled ablutions and apparently it does not including dropping a duece. I should have looked it up early sorry for any confusion. - Baldsmug

Psiensis on the "good old days":
"Kids these days...
... I invented the 6th Ed meta back in 3rd ed.
Wait, what were we talking about again? Did I ever tell you about the time I gave you five bees for a quarter? That's what you'd say in those days, "give me five bees for a quarter", is what you'd say in those days. And you'd go down to the D&D shop, with an onion in your belt, 'cause that was the style of the time. So there I was in the D&D shop..." 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







 Kanluwen wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
There would also probably be less complaining if people didn't perceive themselves as weaker than marines, which means codex more than it does models.

There would be less complaining if releases, both books and models, were more evenly distributed across all factions.

It's funny you say that, because Elves and Stormcast both get complained about in AoS despite their release windows being fairly small.


Well, we're up to what, four or five Elf factions released compared to two Dwarf ones? I'm not surprised there's complaints!

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Been Around the Block




 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




Tycho wrote:

Honestly I'm for consolidating the Ironclad/Boxnaught into the same profile now.


I hadn't thought of that before, but the argument could probably be made.

The main argument for that from me is:
1. Theoretically, there's no reason a base Dreadnought can't have access to the Chainfist or Seismic Hammer
2. There's no reason there couldn't be a Venerable Ironclad Dread anyway
Just consolidating the whole profile into a WS/BS2+ T8 monster would do a lot to open options in terms of crunch and modeling. The only kicker is regular Dreads not having access to HK Missiles but that's terribly minor to be honest, and the Assault Launchers which have low chances to do anything more than a single Mortal Wound anyway (and quite frankly most people forget it even exists).
This also differentiates the Redemptor Dread compared to Boxnaughts which would be more experienced in terms of fighting as well. This also makes the Relic Contemptor (nobody cares about the codex entry) less powerful in comparison and it's more about what you want in the army compared to just whats more powerful.

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Dysartes wrote:
 Kanluwen wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
There would also probably be less complaining if people didn't perceive themselves as weaker than marines, which means codex more than it does models.

There would be less complaining if releases, both books and models, were more evenly distributed across all factions.

It's funny you say that, because Elves and Stormcast both get complained about in AoS despite their release windows being fairly small.


Well, we're up to what, four or five Elf factions released compared to two Dwarf ones? I'm not surprised there's complaints!

Three.
Lumineth, Idoneth, and Daughters of Khaine...and Daughters initial launch? It had no new models.

Sylvaneth are arguably an Elf faction. They have the keyword but they really should not, outside of Alarielle and the Kurnothi from Beastgrave.
   
Made in us
Ancient Ultramarine Venerable Dreadnought






Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Tycho wrote:

Honestly I'm for consolidating the Ironclad/Boxnaught into the same profile now.


I hadn't thought of that before, but the argument could probably be made.

The main argument for that from me is:
1. Theoretically, there's no reason a base Dreadnought can't have access to the Chainfist or Seismic Hammer
2. There's no reason there couldn't be a Venerable Ironclad Dread anyway
Just consolidating the whole profile into a WS/BS2+ T8 monster would do a lot to open options in terms of crunch and modeling. The only kicker is regular Dreads not having access to HK Missiles but that's terribly minor to be honest, and the Assault Launchers which have low chances to do anything more than a single Mortal Wound anyway (and quite frankly most people forget it even exists).
This also differentiates the Redemptor Dread compared to Boxnaughts which would be more experienced in terms of fighting as well. This also makes the Relic Contemptor (nobody cares about the codex entry) less powerful in comparison and it's more about what you want in the army compared to just whats more powerful.
HKs on a Venerable Dred would make for some amazing apha-strike capability.

2 Las, 1 Krak, and 2 HKs on a 2+ platform that now ignores movement penalties? Super good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/15 22:35:41


And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in gb
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/16 09:17:25


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 Jidmah wrote:
Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.


With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





Dudeface wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.


With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/16 11:02:47


 
   
Made in gb
Frenzied Berserker Terminator




 Ordana wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.


With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?


Pretty high, the only thing I can foresee is maybe multipart kits for the indomitus/starter kits that don't get a pass now but that'd be no big loss.

What do you think they can actually add now? They waited 12 months from the last release for this wave.
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
The main argument for that from me is:
1. Theoretically, there's no reason a base Dreadnought can't have access to the Chainfist or Seismic Hammer
2. There's no reason there couldn't be a Venerable Ironclad Dread anyway
Sadly the arguments against such points are easy:

1. The Chainfist/Seismic Hammer does not come in the base Dread kit.
2. There is no Venerable Ironclad miniature.

   
Made in ca
Legendary Master of the Chapter





 Ordana wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.


With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?


pretty good given all the (loyalist) marine releases will have been handled. we might see grey knights or CSMs getting something but if thats an issue I'm sorry but it's an donkey-cave thing to tell GK and CSM players that they can't have new things because someone else peripharilly related to them got new things

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba





Dudeface wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Hecaton wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
Some people will always complain. However, right now almost every single thread on this forum is about how GW is flooding us with marines while one-upping their own rules with each release. I specifically had to ban this discussion from the *ork* tactics thread or it would even be continued there.

This amount of complaining isn't normal, not even for dakka.


This amount of marine favoritism isn't normal, even for GW.


That was the point I was trying to make, yes.


With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?


Pretty high, the only thing I can foresee is maybe multipart kits for the indomitus/starter kits that don't get a pass now but that'd be no big loss.

What do you think they can actually add now? They waited 12 months from the last release for this wave.


A primaris jump assault unit because for some reason they needed a full kit to replace every single special and heavy weapon option present in the tactical marine kit and they needed it so bad they forgot to replace assault marines.

"I can't believe all these tryhard WAACs out there just care about winning all the time when it's supposed to be a game for fun!!!!!!! Also here's my 27 page essay on why marines are OP and Orkz should get a bunch of OP rules so I can win more games

-the_scotsman"

-ERJAK 
   
Made in gb
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






BrianDavion wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?


pretty good given all the (loyalist) marine releases will have been handled. we might see grey knights or CSMs getting something but if thats an issue I'm sorry but it's an donkey-cave thing to tell GK and CSM players that they can't have new things because someone else peripharilly related to them got new things


I think both GK and CSM would be quite content with no primaris releases

But yeah, I fully expect to see another wave of primaris before easter.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/16 11:54:05


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





 Jidmah wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
 Ordana wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
With a little luck, once the supplements are out the way there'll be a lengthy marine break. Even 12 months would be enough of a cleanser.
lets be real, how likely do you think that is?
Lets be super optimistic. What are the odds of no new Primaris/vehicle for the first 6 months of 2021 (not counting DA release)?


pretty good given all the (loyalist) marine releases will have been handled. we might see grey knights or CSMs getting something but if thats an issue I'm sorry but it's an donkey-cave thing to tell GK and CSM players that they can't have new things because someone else peripharilly related to them got new things


I think both GK and CSM would be quite content with no primaris releases

But yeah, I fully expect to see another wave of primaris before easter.


with what contents?
More jumptroops seems the only thing really missing.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page
A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.

 Daedalus81 wrote:

In the 41st millennium there is only overpriced hamberders.

 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: