Switch Theme:

Classic Battletech Is Awesome: the Thread!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

The aforementioned Jade Phoenix is most likely an IWM release as it seems like most of Dale Eadeh's current sculpts are for IWM. As for when we can see it or what's next...

As for the plastics, CGL for the most part seems to have started at 3025 and is working their way along (with a few exceptions such as the Regent). I wouldn't expect a major push on IlKhan-era plastic 'Mechs for years.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/09 13:33:21


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I'd be happy with a plastic Fafnir and Cronus, to be honest.

And Imp. Urbie needs his big brother.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





 Ghaz wrote:
The aforementioned Jade Phoenix is most likely an IWM release as it seems like most of Dale Eadeh's current sculpts are for IWM. As for when we can see it or what's next...

As for the plastics, CGL for the most part seems to have started at 3025 and is working their way along (with a few exceptions such as the Regent). I wouldn't expect a major push on IlKhan-era plastic 'Mechs for years.


Ray told me in discord that the focus is the clan invasion era because "thats the most popular era" that said they've been taking some of the "greatest hits" from the recguides and making them in plastic so the jade pheonix wou;nd't suprise me.

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

Updated conjecture on the Mercenaries Force Packs from the BattleTech Forums:

Death_from_above wrote:
Update taking into consideration Guardian11's GenCon pictures. Thank you Sir !

Items in italics not part of images (i.e. still conjecture if part of below mentioned packs).


Mercenaries Box Set (GenCon)
1 2x Inner Sphere Standard BA (Ambusher, 6"j)
2 2x Maxim (Size 2, Striker, 16"h)
3 2x Galleon (Size 1, Scout, 12"t)
4 Firefly (Size 1, Striker, 10"/8"j)
5 Starslayer (Size 2, Skirmisher, 10"j)
6 Caesar (Size 3, Brawler, 8")
7 Devastator (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6")
8 Flea (Size 1, Striker, 16")
9 Chameleon (Size 2, Scout, 12"j)
10 Quickdraw (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10"j)
11 Ostsol (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10")

Clan Direct Fire Star (GenCon)
12 Glass Spider (Size 3, Sniper, 8")
13 Rifleman IIC (Size 3, Sniper, 6"j)
14 Highlander IIC (Size 4, Missile Boat, 6"j)
15 Bane (Size 4, Sniper, 6")
16 Phoenix Hawk IIC (Size 4, Sniper, 10"j)

Clan Cavalry Star (GenCon)
17 Locust IIC (Size 1, Striker, 16")
18 Jenner IIC (Size 1, Striker, 18"/14"j)
19 Griffin IIC (Size 2, Missile Boat, 12"j)
20 Shadowhawk IIC (Size 2, Striker, 12"j)
21 Black Python (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10"j)

Battlefield Support - Recon & Hunter (GenCon)
22 2x Warrior VTOL (Size 1,Scout, 18"v)
23 2x Skulker (Size 1, Scout, 14"w)
24 2x Ontos (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)
25 2x Behemoth (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)

Battlefield Support - Assault & Cavalry (GenCon)
26 2x Pegasus (Size 1, Striker, 16"h)
27 2x Condor (Size 2, Striker, 16"h)
28 2x Schrek (Size 4, Sniper, 6"t)
29 2x Demolisher (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)

Battlefield Support - Objectives (GenCon)
30 Mobile HQ
31 Mobile Long Tom with trailer

Battlefield Support 4 (conjecture)
32 2x Vedette (Size 2, Brawler, 10"t)
33 2x Manticore (Size 3, Brawler, 8"t) - Patreon hint
34 2x SRM Carrier (Size 3, Ambusher, 6"t) - KS announcement confirmed
35 2x LRM Carrier (Size 3, Missile Boat, 6"t) - KS announcement confirmed

Inner Sphere Recon Lance (GenCon)
36 Javelin (Size 1, Striker, 12"j)
37 Spector (Size 1, Striker, 14"j)
38 Firestarter (Size 1, Scout, 12"j)
39 Ostscout (Size 1, Scout, 16"j)

Inner Sphere Pursuit Lance (GenCon)
40 Dervish (Size 2, Missile Boat, 10"j)
41 Clint (Size 2, Striker, 12"j)
42 Hermes II (Size 2, Scout, 12")
43 Cicada (Size 2, Scout, 16")

Inner Sphere Security Lance (Gencon)
44 Scorpion (Size 2, Skirmisher, 12")
45 JagerMech (Size 3, Sniper, 8")
46
47

Also requires a Scout, so either Vulcan or Charger

Inner Sphere Assault Lance (GenCon)
48 Goliath (Size 4, Sniper, 8")
49 Hoplite (Size 2, Sniper, 8")
50
51

Shogun probably goes here, was wrong on the Ostroc though..

Inner Sphere Heavy Recon Lance (GenCon)
52 Assassin (Size 2, Scout, 14"j)
53 Ostroc (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10")
54
55

Still requires a 2nd Scout, so either Charger or Vulcan

Unallocated Mechs
Vulcan (Size 2, Scout, 12"j)
Charger (Size 4, Scout, 10")
Shogun (Size 4, Missile Boat, 6"j)
Whitworth (Size 2, Missile Boat, 8"j) - Patreon confirmed
Merlin (Size 3, Brawler, 8"j) - Patreon hint


Reasonable expectations would be 1 more Mech (to fill out the aforementioned Lances) and possibly another objective-vee ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/10 13:42:33


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Second Story Man





Astonished of Heck

 Ghaz wrote:
The aforementioned Jade Phoenix is most likely an IWM release as it seems like most of Dale Eadeh's current sculpts are for IWM. As for when we can see it or what's next...

As for the plastics, CGL for the most part seems to have started at 3025 and is working their way along (with a few exceptions such as the Regent). I wouldn't expect a major push on IlKhan-era plastic 'Mechs for years.

The Jade Phoenix and other ilClan-era Mechs will likely be seen in metal from IWM before we see them in plastic, aside from the premium releases like the Hammerhead, Timber-Wolf TC, and so on.

Honestly, I have no problem with that concept, except for the fact the speed of the release (though, my wallet is perfectly happy with that speed).

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Charistoph wrote:
The Jade Phoenix and other ilClan-era Mechs will likely be seen in metal from IWM before we see them in plastic, aside from the premium releases like the Hammerhead, Timber-Wolf TC, and so on.

Yep. Exactly what I was trying to say . Some of his curremt sculpts (Sojourner, Dominator and the Hierofalcon) are from IWM and some (Grinner and the upcoming Eris) are premiums.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

 Ghaz wrote:
Updated conjecture on the Mercenaries Force Packs from the BattleTech Forums:

Death_from_above wrote:
Update taking into consideration Guardian11's GenCon pictures. Thank you Sir !

Items in italics not part of images (i.e. still conjecture if part of below mentioned packs).


Mercenaries Box Set (GenCon)
1 2x Inner Sphere Standard BA (Ambusher, 6"j)
2 2x Maxim (Size 2, Striker, 16"h)
3 2x Galleon (Size 1, Scout, 12"t)
4 Firefly (Size 1, Striker, 10"/8"j)
5 Starslayer (Size 2, Skirmisher, 10"j)
6 Caesar (Size 3, Brawler, 8")
7 Devastator (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6")
8 Flea (Size 1, Striker, 16")
9 Chameleon (Size 2, Scout, 12"j)
10 Quickdraw (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10"j)
11 Ostsol (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10")

Clan Direct Fire Star (GenCon)
12 Glass Spider (Size 3, Sniper, 8")
13 Rifleman IIC (Size 3, Sniper, 6"j)
14 Highlander IIC (Size 4, Missile Boat, 6"j)
15 Bane (Size 4, Sniper, 6")
16 Phoenix Hawk IIC (Size 4, Sniper, 10"j)

Clan Cavalry Star (GenCon)
17 Locust IIC (Size 1, Striker, 16")
18 Jenner IIC (Size 1, Striker, 18"/14"j)
19 Griffin IIC (Size 2, Missile Boat, 12"j)
20 Shadowhawk IIC (Size 2, Striker, 12"j)
21 Black Python (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10"j)

Battlefield Support - Recon & Hunter (GenCon)
22 2x Warrior VTOL (Size 1,Scout, 18"v)
23 2x Skulker (Size 1, Scout, 14"w)
24 2x Ontos (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)
25 2x Behemoth (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)

Battlefield Support - Assault & Cavalry (GenCon)
26 2x Pegasus (Size 1, Striker, 16"h)
27 2x Condor (Size 2, Striker, 16"h)
28 2x Schrek (Size 4, Sniper, 6"t)
29 2x Demolisher (Size 4, Juggernaut, 6"t)

Battlefield Support - Objectives (GenCon)
30 Mobile HQ
31 Mobile Long Tom with trailer

Battlefield Support 4 (conjecture)
32 2x Vedette (Size 2, Brawler, 10"t)
33 2x Manticore (Size 3, Brawler, 8"t) - Patreon hint
34 2x SRM Carrier (Size 3, Ambusher, 6"t) - KS announcement confirmed
35 2x LRM Carrier (Size 3, Missile Boat, 6"t) - KS announcement confirmed

Inner Sphere Recon Lance (GenCon)
36 Javelin (Size 1, Striker, 12"j)
37 Spector (Size 1, Striker, 14"j)
38 Firestarter (Size 1, Scout, 12"j)
39 Ostscout (Size 1, Scout, 16"j)

Inner Sphere Pursuit Lance (GenCon)
40 Dervish (Size 2, Missile Boat, 10"j)
41 Clint (Size 2, Striker, 12"j)
42 Hermes II (Size 2, Scout, 12")
43 Cicada (Size 2, Scout, 16")

Inner Sphere Security Lance (Gencon)
44 Scorpion (Size 2, Skirmisher, 12")
45 JagerMech (Size 3, Sniper, 8")
46
47

Also requires a Scout, so either Vulcan or Charger

Inner Sphere Assault Lance (GenCon)
48 Goliath (Size 4, Sniper, 8")
49 Hoplite (Size 2, Sniper, 8")
50
51

Shogun probably goes here, was wrong on the Ostroc though..

Inner Sphere Heavy Recon Lance (GenCon)
52 Assassin (Size 2, Scout, 14"j)
53 Ostroc (Size 3, Skirmisher, 10")
54
55

Still requires a 2nd Scout, so either Charger or Vulcan

Unallocated Mechs
Vulcan (Size 2, Scout, 12"j)
Charger (Size 4, Scout, 10")
Shogun (Size 4, Missile Boat, 6"j)
Whitworth (Size 2, Missile Boat, 8"j) - Patreon confirmed
Merlin (Size 3, Brawler, 8"j) - Patreon hint


Reasonable expectations would be 1 more Mech (to fill out the aforementioned Lances) and possibly another objective-vee ?


Seems theres still one more unknown mech, as we have 6 open slots but only 5 mechs to fill them?

EDIT - NVM missed where you already said as much at the bottom there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/10 16:48:18


CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Black Templar Dreadnought





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Rakshasa
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

A redesigned Rakshasa? That could be good.

I've never actually used mine, come to think of it...

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Black Templar Dreadnought





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Yeah I think it would be cool for them to do the Rakshasa as a redesign. It could certainly use one line art wise.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

If I had to choose one it would probably be the Falconer as it is an iconic 'Mech and according to the MUL certain models are available to mercenaries. It would be very interesting to see how they change the legs (so that they actually work) and still keep the flavor of the original Falconer...

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Second Story Man





Astonished of Heck

There are still a few 3025 and 2750 'Mechs to consider for inclusion.

Though a lot of 'Mechs from 3055 till Task Force Serpent's launch would be nice to have.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

The Hornet, Falcon and Imp have been confirmed as not being in the Kickstarter. Doing a quick rundown of the 'Mechs that would leave from the original TRO 3050 the Hermes, Wolf Trap. Kintaro, Hatamoto-chi and Mauler and from the original TRO 2750 that leaves the Thorn, Hussar, Wyvern, Champion and Bombardier.

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Kintaro, Hatamoto-Chi and Mauler would make for some nice surprises. Throw in a Daboku with spring-loaded head (button on the crotch!) for fun.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

From the BattleTech Forums

Death_from_above wrote:Some snippets from WolfNet Ep. 50 :

timestamp 25.10 - "Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armor will be in the KS" (no indication in which format/pack)

timestamp 41.40 - "All ForcePacks adhere to the force building rules, with one exception"..

timestamp 42.00 - .."the Objectives pack with a Mobile HQ, a Mobile Long Tom and a MASH" (IMHO, one of each)

timestamp 43.30 - "25% of the KS lineup are vees"

Probably overanalyzing, but since we've had 17 vehicle designs shown/mentioned/hinted at so far, that would
bring the total number of units in the KS to 68..


timestamp 52.10 - they sold approx. 17 000 ForcePacks in 6 months thru B&N (and made their website crash)

timestamp 1.07.00 - "pretty sure all of the units in the Mercenaries KS will get a RecGuide-style update"

timestamp 1.07.25 - "..small handful of miniatures in the RecGuides without minis, these will be in the KS"

Clarification follows that they mean the Classic redesigns, not the new designs, but I'm asking myself how
to interpret this with regards to the Grand Crusader and friends..


So start digging through those RecGuides tofind which Classic redesigns have yet been done in plastic...

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

This is going to be another $1500 kickstarter for me lol

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in us
Second Story Man





Astonished of Heck

 Ghaz wrote:
The Hornet, Falcon and Imp have been confirmed as not being in the Kickstarter. Doing a quick rundown of the 'Mechs that would leave from the original TRO 3050 the Hermes, Wolf Trap. Kintaro, Hatamoto-chi and Mauler and from the original TRO 2750 that leaves the Thorn, Hussar, Wyvern, Champion and Bombardier.

There are some missing from your list, I think. Hermes II, Whitworth, and "Classic" two-fisted Banshee. The Shootist SHOULD be in that list, too, but it's in TRO 3058 while having an intro in 2621 (though, that applies to a lot of different mechs, and I'm not talking about the Dark Age resurrections like the Primitives).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 18:06:29


Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
 
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

The Hermes II already has a sculpt and is listed as a part of the Inner Sphere Pursuit Lance. The Whitworth is also listed above under the Unallocated 'Mechs and has been confirmed on Anthony's Patreon.

[Thumb - Hermes II Renders1.jpg]

[Thumb - Hermes II Renders3.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 18:25:37


'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





Anyone needing most of the rule books right now should take a look at the newest bundle of holding

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/TotalWar

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in ca
Ragin' Ork Dreadnought




Monarchy of TBD

Oh man, the Grand Crusader is even more ambiguous- technically the Star Crusader is a Clan Omni, and they weren't going to do those this time. 'Course, they weren't going to do plastic aerotech last time... Catalyst is getting cheeky. I like it.

Klawz-Ramming is a subset of citrus fruit?
Gwar- "And everyone wants a bigger Spleen!"
Mercurial wrote:
I admire your aplomb and instate you as Baron of the Seas and Lord Marshall of Privateers.
Orkeosaurus wrote:Star Trek also said we'd have X-Wings by now. We all see how that prediction turned out.
Orkeosaurus, on homophobia, the nature of homosexuality, and the greatness of George Takei.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleyways and mugs them for loose grammar.

 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Maybe the KS will have a few surprises, like those ComStar packs in the last one.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

I hope they are vehicular.

There are too many 3025/26 designs missing.

Particularly:

Hetzer
Scorpion
Von Luckner
Saladin
Scimitar
Savannah Master
Partisan
and Drillson.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Plastic Partisan would be great.

I've got a pair of the metal ones, and I wasn't happy with the way they went together. Plastic will alleviate that problem completely.

Plastic Savannah Master may be considered a choking hazard.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in jp
Battleship Captain






The Land of the Rising Sun

Tell that to the Syrtis Fusiliers.

M.

Jenkins: You don't have jurisdiction here!
Smith Jamison: We aren't here, which means when we open up on you and shred your bodies with automatic fire then this will never have happened.

Raxmei wrote:24ps is the range. 24". If that were the points cost then lasguns and plasma guns would cost the same amount and flamers would have a cost of "Souffle".

Every year Golden Week Tournament at www.nagoyahammer.com 
   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

I would expect Savannah Masters to be two or three to a stand.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

chaos0xomega wrote:
This is going to be another $1500 kickstarter for me lol


I believed I had whaled out at just about $500, I recognised I should have pledged two Star Colonels rather than a Star Colonel and a Bloodnamed, especially with the $75 bonus for not generating a character. So there was a belated recognition of room for 'improvement'; but $1.5k, that is some dedication there.
I am interested to know what you got.


n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba




The Great State of New Jersey

2 Star Colonels + Ristar + additional addons to get a minimum of 2 copies of almost every box (there were 3 or 4 that I skipped), as well as a full company of Urbanmechs, plus all the rulebooks (never played battletech before, so I needed those) + 5 or 6 of the neoprene battlemats + a few tactical map cases + premium record sheets and some miscellany + shipping lol

CoALabaer wrote:
Wargamers hate two things: the state of the game and change.
 
   
Made in ca
Commander of the Mysterious 2nd Legion





chaos0xomega wrote:
2 Star Colonels + Ristar + additional addons to get a minimum of 2 copies of almost every box (there were 3 or 4 that I skipped), as well as a full company of Urbanmechs, plus all the rulebooks (never played battletech before, so I needed those) + 5 or 6 of the neoprene battlemats + a few tactical map cases + premium record sheets and some miscellany + shipping lol


you got all that without having even PLAYED Battletech before?

.... wow

Opinions are not facts please don't confuse the two 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Chaos generally buys multiples of everything that comes out. Dude's house is clearly made of solid gold.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Second Story Man





Astonished of Heck

 Orlanth wrote:
I would expect Savannah Masters to be two or three to a stand.

Even as tiny as they are (a medium laser, a fusion engine to help it reach speeds that would activate a flux capacitor while Cruising, and just enough armor to keep the random airborne insect from killing the pilot, all in 5 tons), only 2 friendly Savannah Masters are allowed in a hex at a time. As it is, they can split up and go in different directions, so putting more than one on the same stand would be... counter-productive. If there were rules for Support Vehicles that would allow them to act like Mechanized Infantry do, then 2-3 to a stand would make sense, but until then... Putting 2-3 Vehicles on a Stand would just be representing some form of Mechanized Infantry at present. They tend to not be very survivable in many cases.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Other Sci-Fi Miniatures Games
Go to: