Switch Theme:

Warhammer {{{40k}}} Quest - Blackstone Fortress  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




USA

 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
I don't usually post about GW prices, but £37.50 for that tiny sprue of two figures plus some cards is just outrageous.

I won't be buying, even from discount retailers, despite being a fan of the ogryn.


Give it time, the Ogryn will probably be released seperate.
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





For 15£ a pop

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Sir Heckington wrote:
 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
I don't usually post about GW prices, but £37.50 for that tiny sprue of two figures plus some cards is just outrageous.

I won't be buying, even from discount retailers, despite being a fan of the ogryn.


Give it time, the Ogryn will probably be released seperate.


It shares a sprue with the Commissar, so it won’t be released separately.
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot




USA

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Sir Heckington wrote:
 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
I don't usually post about GW prices, but £37.50 for that tiny sprue of two figures plus some cards is just outrageous.

I won't be buying, even from discount retailers, despite being a fan of the ogryn.


Give it time, the Ogryn will probably be released seperate.


It shares a sprue with the Commissar, so it won’t be released separately.


Not the Ogryn on it's own, but as a larger Ogryn box with the CAD files being used.
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




 ImAGeek wrote:
 Sir Heckington wrote:
 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
I don't usually post about GW prices, but £37.50 for that tiny sprue of two figures plus some cards is just outrageous.

I won't be buying, even from discount retailers, despite being a fan of the ogryn.


Give it time, the Ogryn will probably be released seperate.


It shares a sprue with the Commissar, so it won’t be released separately.


It'd probably be released as 50-60 US$ box without the card once the stock ran out and Blackstone Fortress phased out of existence.

Maybe alongside a whole new range of renegade militia, just like GSC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/06 09:50:05


 
   
Made in pl
Fresh-Faced New User





Already been said, but the price for this expansion really does leave a dirty taste in the mouth. Maybe if the card decks were bundled with the minis and not separate we might be talking business.

I cannot help but picture a member of the Dwarven Merchants Guild rubbing his hands gleefully as I look at the price.

   
Made in gb
Sword-Bearing Inquisitorial Crusader






The star of the show is definitely the Ogryn here. The commissar isn’t great but has conversion potential. I bought the expansion and both sets of cards. It’s expensive if you just want the minis, but I’m happy to pay for more game, especially at 20% off.
   
Made in au
Freaky Flayed One



Sydney, Australia

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Damned thing's over AUD$100.

Nope.


Yeah, that's roughly half the price of the base set. Insane.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I like that the ogryn has two heads, but what goes on the oxygen tank for the faceless head? It's got a hole for the hose, but the only part that goes there appears to be the masked head's part.
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




GaroRobe wrote:
I like that the ogryn has two heads, but what goes on the oxygen tank for the faceless head? It's got a hole for the hose, but the only part that goes there appears to be the masked head's part.


GW probably expect you to use their greenstuff to fill in the hole.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/07/11 02:26:48


 
   
Made in us
Lord Commander in a Plush Chair





Seneca Nation of Indians

Chopstick wrote:

GW probably expect you to use their greenstuff to fill in the hole.


I dunno, I think they already used that plan with Finecast.


This sig was deemed too political for Dakka.
Meanwhile, Cato Sicarius is appearing on Alex Jones.
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Agile Revenant Titan





London, UK

Good to see the head option, it will definitely convince people that the price tag is worth it.

5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 7/1/2
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
Excavating eBay: My blog of eBay finds and the pile of shame!
Instagram, follow if you dare!
 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka






Without the hose attached it looks like … a hose attachment with no hose attached. Paint the hole black, and I don't see a problem. It doesn't look particularly visible from a lot of angles anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/07/12 10:10:33


 
   
Made in vn
Dakka Veteran




it's chaos, they tend to have shoddy and malfunction equipment.

Adeptus Titanicus Titan have all kind of cable that connect to their weapon or legs, but they won't connect past a specific angle, and in the instruction they even show you that. Which would leave holes where the cable connect.

You can simply cut that hose from the masked head and connect it to the tube, now it's simply a malfunctioning piece of equipment, no greenstuff work.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/07/12 10:31:11


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: