Switch Theme:

Aeldari rumours (Harlequin leaks page 53)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Swift Swooping Hawk





 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Until the links work I can't say whether they're trying to push the resin Noise Marine bits with a kit they're 100% not designed for, but as it stands it's probably just a Start Collecting! with the Oblits, the 10 Marines, the Venomcrawler and the 2 Greater Possessed and one or two other things tacked on (another squad of regular CSM, given the pic).

I mean there's low effort, and then there's this:

Spoiler:






There is a small chance those are for 2022 akin to start the new year with a new army project they do in their official stores.

Then it's worth to notice the symbol placed just in the middle of the pic like hiding a new faction themed character as a way to kickstart it in order to justify the faction title.

GW release plans are delayed as we know so it may be to speed it up and catch the rythm (similar to like they did with the Wigh in skeletal steed for vampire counts.)
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Not a chance, it's just a bundle of existing kits:

The Sons of Fulgrim represent the forces of the Emperor's Children in the Era Indomitus. If you seek to serve Slaanesh as one of its hedonistic champions, then this the bundle for you.

In addition to all the units found in Start Collecting! Chaos Space Marines, you’ll get a dread Chaos Lord to lead them, an additional unit of Chaos Space Marines as well as a set of Noise Marines Sonic Weapons with which to upgrade them, and a murderous Helbrute to crush all before you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/07 11:35:04


The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
(HN) wrote:
It's an objectively mediocre book from the rule, lore, edition, content, hobby point of view.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Bundle of existing, completly incompatible kits
Thanks GW

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in jp
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Stuck in the snow.

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Until the links work I can't say whether they're trying to push the resin Noise Marine bits with a kit they're 100% not designed for, but as it stands it's probably just a Start Collecting! with the Oblits, the 10 Marines, the Venomcrawler and the 2 Greater Possessed and one or two other things tacked on (another squad of regular CSM, given the pic).

I mean there's low effort, and then there's this:

Spoiler:






Oh yeah, wow... Those are both bad, but the EC one is egregiously bad...

This is in no way a defense of one click bundles, because they are all pointless, but I can kinda understand GW putting one up while a new campaign book is dropping. Like a shiny "here's that army that Such-and-such used in XX campaign, all organized for your convenience" button for anyone that is overly enthusiastic and lacks impulse control.

But what is the occasion for these bundles?? Is there even anything featuring the IH or EC in the near future?
   
Made in us
Ancient Venerable Dark Angels Dreadnought





And just like that, the Craftworld rumour turned into something else.
   
Made in gb
Lit By the Flames of Prospero






 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Bundle of existing, completly incompatible kits
Thanks GW

Man if only there was a non-push fit unit of CSM included in the bundle that could use the Noise Marine Upgrades. Oh, wait! There is!
But hey, anything to be negative all the time right Wha-Mu?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/07 13:36:08


 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Gert wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Bundle of existing, completly incompatible kits
Thanks GW

Man if only there was a non-push fit unit of CSM included in the bundle that could use the Noise Marine Upgrades. Oh, wait! There is!
But hey, anything to be negative all the time right Wha-Mu?


Man, if only the Noise Marine Upgrades weren't made for the previous CSM kit, thus making them completly incompatible with the non-push fit unit of CSM.

Removed - Rule #1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/07 14:41:17


"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Killer Klaivex




The dark behind the eyes.

As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?

 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.


 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"


Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.


 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought




 vipoid wrote:
As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?


The noise marine upgrades were metal add-ons from 3rd ed, they got retooled in finecast years ago but won't die. They were made to fit the 3rd ed chaos marines, which are now dinky and as such aren't a good fit on the 8th ed chaos marines. GW seemingly won't replace them without a bespoke noise marine kit, which in turn won't release without an emperors children book, which in turn isn't expected any time soon.

To further elaborate, Wha-Mu seems to want to just pop them on the 8th ed bodies (although I suspect they wouldn't buy them and is a general gripe for the sakes of it), whereas Gert is willing to use basic hobby skills to fit them on but seemingly doesn't appreciate not everyone wants to have to do that. So nobody wins this needless argument.

Final edit: can we leave the discussion of one-click bundles out the eldar thread now it's all cleared up please?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/07 14:06:48


 
   
Made in jp
Boosting Space Marine Biker





Stuck in the snow.

vipoid wrote:As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?


In addition to the complaints about the age of the upgrade bits and their resin nature, the entire bundle (both of them in fact) seem to have been curated with the same care as someone backing a forklift into a warehousing bay and then putting whatever fell down into a box. They do a very questionable job of actually representing the tactics and personality of the Iron Hands or Emperor's Children that they claim to represent.

Dudeface wrote:
 vipoid wrote:
As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?


The noise marine upgrades were metal add-ons from 3rd ed, they got retooled in finecast years ago but won't die. They were made to fit the 3rd ed chaos marines, which are now dinky and as such aren't a good fit on the 8th ed chaos marines. GW seemingly won't replace them without a bespoke noise marine kit, which in turn won't release without an emperors children book, which in turn isn't expected any time soon.

To further elaborate, Wha-Mu seems to want to just pop them on the 8th ed bodies (although I suspect they wouldn't buy them and is a general gripe for the sakes of it), whereas Gert is willing to use basic hobby skills to fit them on but seemingly doesn't appreciate not everyone wants to have to do that. So nobody wins this needless argument.

Final edit: can we leave the discussion of one-click bundles out the eldar thread now it's all cleared up please?


Oh it's even better than that. The upgrade pack they give you isn't even the upgrade pack with a squads worth of sonic weapons, it's the old commander upgrade pack. So the most you can do is upgrade either the Sergeant or the non-multipart Lord and then sprinkle the remaining bits on a couple or random marines...

But sure, I won't reply about it any more. It's still pretty ridiculous though.
   
Made in gb
Tunneling Trygon








That seems like a potentially interesting way to implement Eldritch Storm. Presumably individual psychic actions contribute to it's overall damage, so denying an action doesn't prevent the power outright but will diminish the effects.

 vipoid wrote:
As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?


The issue is that I added Wha-Mu to my ignore list but people keep quoting his provocative off-topic drivel - thus making the world a less pleasant place :(
   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba






 Gert wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
Bundle of existing, completly incompatible kits
Thanks GW

Man if only there was a non-push fit unit of CSM included in the bundle that could use the Noise Marine Upgrades. Oh, wait! There is!
But hey, anything to be negative all the time right Wha-Mu?


the new CSM kit actually isnt compatible with the noise marine upgrade kit. Like at all. None of the bits fit. It's actually the thing that last year had me go and buy a 3d printer, because I realized that the time and effort I was going to need to spend to just make these five noise marines look even anywhere approaching half-decent I could probably get a printer, learn to use it, and print some CSM that actually look to me like emperors children should look.

...which was totally right, btw, first half-liter of resin made like 400$ "worth" of noise marines (without obnoxious excessive edgy boi spikerinos but with female members of the squad because that's a thing I get to just have now). The original set of CSM and the warped, misshapen lumps of crap-quality resin GW calls an 'upgrade kit' that doesnt fit around the torsos that GW carefully keyed to make sure they dont work with anything but the designated 2 poses are still sitting on my workbench.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 xttz wrote:


That seems like a potentially interesting way to implement Eldritch Storm. Presumably individual psychic actions contribute to it's overall damage, so denying an action doesn't prevent the power outright but will diminish the effects.

 vipoid wrote:
As someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable on Chaos or Chaos kits, could someone kindly explain the issue to me?


The issue is that I added Wha-Mu to my ignore list but people keep quoting his provocative off-topic drivel - thus making the world a less pleasant place :(


kind of cool, does slightly defeat the fun for me that it will just be adding to boring mortal wounds...but at least it works differently than every other boring mortal wound offensive psychic power, so thats progress?

Nothing else particularly surprising though. Drukhari's version of fire and fade I think also went to 2cp.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/07 14:37:12


"Got you, Yugi! Your Rubric Marines can't fall back because I have declared the tertiary kaptaris ka'tah stance two, after the secondary dacatarai ka'tah last turn!"

"So you think, Kaiba! I declared my Thousand Sons the cult of Duplicity, which means all my psykers have access to the Sorcerous Facade power! Furthermore I will spend 8 Cabal Points to invoke Cabbalistic Focus, causing the rubrics to appear behind your custodes! The Vengeance for the Wronged and Sorcerous Fullisade stratagems along with the Malefic Maelstrom infernal pact evoked earlier in the command phase allows me to double their firepower, letting me wound on 2s and 3s!"

"you think it is you who has gotten me, yugi, but it is I who have gotten you! I declare the ever-vigilant stratagem to attack your rubrics with my custodes' ranged weapons, which with the new codex are now DAMAGE 2!!"

"...which leads you straight into my trap, Kaiba, you see I now declare the stratagem Implacable Automata, reducing all damage from your attacks by 1 and triggering my All is Dust special rule!"  
   
Made in gb
Killer Klaivex




The dark behind the eyes.

Oh wow. Yeah, I can understand why Chaos Players aren't at all pleased with that bundle.


Back on topic, I'm still really curious as to how Ynnari will work with these changes. The newest DE book implied that they can be taken as Ynnari, so I'm presuming it won't be exclusive to Eldar. However, I'm obviously very curious as to what form it will take if it's being put into the Eldar book.



 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.


 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"


Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.


 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in us
Flower Picking Eldar Youth





My hope for the new Craftworlds Codex is that GW pays attention to the Eldar’s main strength which is movement and precise strikes.

“Classic Eldar trickery at its finest,… or classic Eldar cheating if you are the kind of player who throws his minis when he loses..”  
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 Proxy Hammer wrote:
My hope for the new Craftworlds Codex is that GW pays attention to the Eldar’s main strength which is movement and precise strikes.


Unfortunately, with how hamfisted GW seems to be when it comes to spamming transhuman and -1D across codices, I would expect that to be in the book somehow, whether its for wraith constructs only or your version of transhuman is for hits instead of wounds, so like you can never hit an Eldar unit better than a 4+ when stationary, and a 5+ if you advanced. And yes, I know that it basically doesn't do anything against low BS armies like Orks, but that's like how the Snakebitez klan trait is functionally useless so I can see GW doing something like that.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/07 19:41:39


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Maybe Eldar get the benefits of cover if they moved, and -1 to hit if they advance?
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Proxy Hammer wrote:
My hope for the new Craftworlds Codex is that GW pays attention to the Eldar’s main strength which is movement and precise strikes.
Expect your own version of Transhuman Physiology then.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 Proxy Hammer wrote:
My hope for the new Craftworlds Codex is that GW pays attention to the Eldar’s main strength which is movement and precise strikes.
Expect your own version of Transhuman Physiology then.


Transpanzee Pointyearology more like
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut





 MajorWesJanson wrote:
Maybe Eldar get the benefits of cover if they moved, and -1 to hit if they advance?



oof wouldn't that mean aspects get 2+ saves and -1 to hit? I mean I'm not against that, but that seems pretty strong... they'd have to cost a bit to get that because eldar don't really stay still, making these virtually permanent effects.

   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia


The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
(HN) wrote:
It's an objectively mediocre book from the rule, lore, edition, content, hobby point of view.
 
   
Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator




Les Etats Unis

From the little I know about Ynnari, this seems real.

Dudeface wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
Is there another game where players consistently blame each other for the failings of the creator?

If you want to get existential, life for some.
 
   
Made in us
Furious Fire Dragon




North Carolina

 Hellebore wrote:
 MajorWesJanson wrote:
Maybe Eldar get the benefits of cover if they moved, and -1 to hit if they advance?



oof wouldn't that mean aspects get 2+ saves and -1 to hit? I mean I'm not against that, but that seems pretty strong... they'd have to cost a bit to get that because eldar don't really stay still, making these virtually permanent effects.


On a chassis that remains 1W and T3? That doesn't seem crazy to me. Aspects need to be a lot tougher than they are now.
   
Made in gb
Killer Klaivex




The dark behind the eyes.

Regarding the Ynnari leak, am I missing something or does it sound like you can no longer take Harlequin units as Ynnari?

 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.


 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"


Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.


 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in nl
Fresh-Faced New User




These rumours also state Harelquins will be part of the CWE codex, so I'd assume they don't need to specifically called to be able to join a Ynnari detachment.
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






Radium wrote:
These rumours also state Harelquins will be part of the CWE codex, so I'd assume they don't need to specifically called to be able to join a Ynnari detachment.


Hmmmm, that's interesting because I can see that given that Harlequins have such a limited model line as is that they might not bother expanding it and might prefer to roll it back into CWE. It'll be interesting to see how much of their existing subfaction and pivotal roles survive into the codex if that's the case.
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 Flipsiders wrote:
From the little I know about Ynnari, this seems real.


VERY dubious about increased point costs for specific DE units.
That's almost completely unbelievable these days, given how much GW hands out as subfaction traits for free.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




   
Made in es
Stealthy Warhound Titan Princeps






fething hell, but I hate the current edition rules mentality >_>
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch





 Grimskul wrote:
Radium wrote:
These rumours also state Harelquins will be part of the CWE codex, so I'd assume they don't need to specifically called to be able to join a Ynnari detachment.


Hmmmm, that's interesting because I can see that given that Harlequins have such a limited model line as is that they might not bother expanding it and might prefer to roll it back into CWE. It'll be interesting to see how much of their existing subfaction and pivotal roles survive into the codex if that's the case.


I'd guess none...well till the army of paywall book drops late 2022

"AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED." 
   
Made in au
Longtime Dakkanaut




Looks like I was right in predicting some sort of Fate dice mechanic similar to the Miracle dice mechanic (assuming these rumors are true), though my idea was more about impacting the other side's dice.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/09 10:17:58


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: