Switch Theme:

Mad Robot Miniatures: New HEAD RELEASES 11-8-19  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




 insaniak wrote:
Obispudkenobi wrote:

It's just a cash in on someone else's work, little better than a recaster in my personal opinion, part of the "oh look we could tweak here and there and boom avoid the IP lawyers" .

The hyperbole isn't helping your argument any. This isn't a 'tweak here and there'... aside from having weapons in a similar configuration, it looks nothing like a Leman Russ.


Indeed.
As I wrote above, I see no sense in the argument made.
This is original tank design, period.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/27 07:29:10


 
   
Made in au
Novice Knight Errant Pilot





Ipswich, Australia

Folks, I reckon don't waste any more time on that particular discussion.

He came, he trolled, he left.


"All GW will gain is my increased contempt for their business practices." - AesSedai
"Its terrible the way that conversion kit is causing him to buy 2 GW kits... " - Mad4Minis
"GW are hard to parody, as they are sometimes so stupid that the best in comedy couldn't beat them at their own game..." - Paradigm


 
   
Made in us
Major




In a van down by the river

mortar_crew wrote:
 insaniak wrote:
Obispudkenobi wrote:

It's just a cash in on someone else's work, little better than a recaster in my personal opinion, part of the "oh look we could tweak here and there and boom avoid the IP lawyers" .

The hyperbole isn't helping your argument any. This isn't a 'tweak here and there'... aside from having weapons in a similar configuration, it looks nothing like a Leman Russ.


Indeed.
As I wrote above, I see no sense in the argument made.
This is original tank design, period.


Well, MAN SE might have some words in regards to how original of a design it is... Those words would not have any force of law behind them though and even if they did there's obviously enough to make it a distinct derivative work from the original. GW would have zero though, given that other than the broad strokes of "It's got a turret and a hull-mounted gun and the option for side guns" there's not much design similarity.

Very tempted by it given that there's always a use for tanks, but knowing that I want to pick up a number of fairly expensive kits in the near future (Chaos Knights, SoB, etc.) makes me a bit hesitant. Really cool design though, so it may win out in the end.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





That tank looks sweet. Reminiscent of a Panzer V with the sloped armor front.
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




Quasistellar wrote:
That tank looks sweet. Reminiscent of a Panzer V with the sloped armor front.


Definitely some good panther flavor in it.
And a sweet tank commander to boot.
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

@mortar_crew There will be many more tank commanders to come as well


There are still 10 or so pre-orders remaining, at a reduced price. If you want to get a good deal and support a small business in the process, why not pre-order one today?

www.madrobotminiatures.com

 
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




 mad robot wrote:
@mortar_crew There will be many more tank commanders to come as well


There are still 10 or so pre-orders remaining, at a reduced price. If you want to get a good deal and support a small business in the process, why not pre-order one today?

www.madrobotminiatures.com


So I ordered two more!

   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

mortar_crew wrote:
 mad robot wrote:
@mortar_crew There will be many more tank commanders to come as well


There are still 10 or so pre-orders remaining, at a reduced price. If you want to get a good deal and support a small business in the process, why not pre-order one today?

www.madrobotminiatures.com


So I ordered two more!



...exhalted!

 
   
Made in no
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






 mad robot wrote:
@ChazSexington That's essentially how I run the FB page.


I tend to not post outside groups in FB tbh - it clogs my mates' feeds.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




I'd love to add to the 5 I already ordered, but the wife would have some words for me

Successful Trades: 4
warriorpriest, shank911,TheMostWize,godswildcard 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

NightReaver wrote:
I'd love to add to the 5 I already ordered, but the wife would have some words for me

But there's only 3 pre-orders remaining. Go on...she won't care



Just kidding...thank you for your support

 
   
Made in jp
Regular Dakkanaut




 mad robot wrote:
NightReaver wrote:
I'd love to add to the 5 I already ordered, but the wife would have some words for me

But there's only 3 pre-orders remaining. Go on...she won't care



Just kidding...thank you for your support


Well, I believe there is only one remaining now...
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

mortar_crew wrote:
Well, I believe there is only one remaining now...


 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

New release to announce today, the second in our series of remastered rifle arms. This time it's our Shock Troop regiment.

6 poses, including a lefty option and 2 straight firing poses. Price stays the same.

Available now in our webstore


 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

Out today new heads for our Eschaton Choir line...




 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

Sale starts today...


 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

Some new releases this weekend...

First up are the Sly Brothers.

Sly 'Guy'...




and Sly 'Bo'...




Also today we have released our first beastmen parts, Goatmen Heads and Goatmen Legs...






You can find all this and so much more at www.madrobotminiatures.com

 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

New Release Friday! We have 4 heads sets releasing today, all are available as bits or as part of our custom squad builders.

















All available now as bits or as part of our custom squad builders.


 
   
Made in gb
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





The Shire(s)

Oooh, I really like those Dragoon heads with masks!

May spur me on to finally make some Armageddon Rough riders... hmmmm....

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.
 
   
Made in us
Rough Rider with Boomstick




Chandler, AZ

 Haighus wrote:
Oooh, I really like those Dragoon heads with masks!

May spur me on to finally make some Armageddon Rough riders... hmmmm....

No joy on that front, GW just claimed IP on them.

 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: