Switch Theme:

Report on Your AoS Projects!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

Lot of building & priming lately.
*2k pts worth of Darkoath/Marauder based STD
*2500pts of Undead 1/2lings (LoN)
*the War Cry: Catacombs set
*about 1200 pts worth of Chaos Dwarves
*and now just shy of 1k pts worth of the new Lumineth stuff.

*Tried a few skin tones for my STD & found one I like - for the Chaos Dwarves.

*Wrote up rules for an AoS map based campaign.

*Taught several people AoS & War Cry.

Once I get two more Lumineth Ballista built/primed I really need to get 500 pts of those undead 1/2lings painted up. (I got side tracked with Chaos Dwarves & new elf stuff)
   
Made in ca
Roaring Reaver Rider






Beautifully done Elmir! Love everything about this but the ghostly areas and that base are real standouts to me. If you don't mind my asking how did you achieve that ghostly look on this model?

1500 1000
Please check out my project log on Dakka here  
   
Made in ca
Excellent Exalted Champion of Chaos






Grim Forgotten Nihilist Forest.

I bought a bunch of Clear plastic totes and have slapped some magentic sheets onto the bottom. Soon I'll place orders for magnets. My AoS army is going to be my second foray into magnets. It will make things like Daemon Princes, My Warshrine and Eventually Archaon much easier to store and move.

Successful Trades.

Twoshoeevans: Kmilliete89. gainsay

Flesh Tearer's 3k
Aeldari 3kpts
Slaves to Darkness.3k

 
   
Made in gb
Nasty Nob





UK

 Elmir wrote:
More backlog clearing before the big new battletome hits! 

Spoiler:






That is very cool.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/04/09 20:52:42


"All their ferocity was turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals" - Orwell, 1984 
   
Made in us
Nervous Hellblaster Crewman




squatting in a sewer counting pennies

 Destroyer_742 wrote:


I also started Daughters of Khaine


Loving the coral snake.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Procrastinator extraordinaire





Edinburgh, UK

I made a start to my Nighthaunt army over the weekend. I'm working on making a fast but striking scheme as I've got 80 chainrasps that need my attention. I'm imagining that they're invading Chamon from the Necroquake and have taken on a metallic lustre with an oily look to their ethereal parts. Hopefully it makes sense in the fluff, I'm not very well versed in it yet.



5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 20/6/2 9th Ed - 2/1/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
The Cutting Mat Chat: A hobby blog
Excoriators! The forgotten Second Founding Chapter P&M blog
Instagram, follow for other hobby updates 
   
Made in be
Raging Rat Ogre






 Inevitable_Faith wrote:
Beautifully done Elmir! Love everything about this but the ghostly areas and that base are real standouts to me. If you don't mind my asking how did you achieve that ghostly look on this model?


I gave the spirit parts a basecoat of baharoth blue, then hit it with ulthuan grey from the top with the airbrush. I then applied a thinned down guilliman blue glaze (should be able to use other bright blues as a glaze now guilliman blue is discontinued) and applied that quite liberally. I finished it off with a white drybrush.

The boy, I say, the boy is as sharp as a sack of wet mice... 
   
Made in ca
Roaring Reaver Rider






 Elmir wrote:
 Inevitable_Faith wrote:
Beautifully done Elmir! Love everything about this but the ghostly areas and that base are real standouts to me. If you don't mind my asking how did you achieve that ghostly look on this model?


I gave the spirit parts a basecoat of baharoth blue, then hit it with ulthuan grey from the top with the airbrush. I then applied a thinned down guilliman blue glaze (should be able to use other bright blues as a glaze now guilliman blue is discontinued) and applied that quite liberally. I finished it off with a white drybrush.


Thank you for the info, will definitely be adding this formula to my list of things I want to try out.

1500 1000
Please check out my project log on Dakka here  
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Crazy question for all involved here, but...

Does anyone with a Celennar/Teclis also have one of the Flamespyre/Frostheart Phoenixes? Do the little 'wing inserts' fit onto Celennar's wings?

I have a crazy griffin conversion planned and want to know just how crazy it might become....
   
Made in ca
Excellent Exalted Champion of Chaos





British Columbia

 Tiberius501 wrote:
Damn! Those green and bronze blademasters look really tasty!

Thank you. It was a unit I wanted as a kid but never grabbed them so when a pile of them were available in trade a few years back I added them to the hoard.

@Kanluwen I don't as I made my own Teclis but that sounds very intriguing and I hope your idea comes to fruition.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/15 00:11:32


 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

Friend of mine doesn't want the Celennar from his Teclis kit...so it looks like this is happening!

Gonna use some of the "Build Your Own Hero" rules to figure something out. My first Vanari Lord-Regent had a build issue(the leg attachment point connected to the statuary tells you to attach the fully built kit to the statuary and that leg--boy howdy do not do that! attach the statuary leg part to the mount before putting the front piece of the statue on), so I have a spare mount.
Phoenixes came back into stock on the GW site yesterday, so I have one coming.

Now to decide on frost or fire for the griffin-ish creature.
   
Made in ca
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot






Lumineth Loreseeker done
Spoiler:

Spoiler:


And a Starshard Ballista
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

 Rippy wrote:
When you lose to a 7 year old, it's wise to not come and admit it and then try to blame the armies
 
   
Made in gb
Nasty Nob





UK

 Tyranid Horde wrote:
I made a start to my Nighthaunt army over the weekend. I'm working on making a fast but striking scheme as I've got 80 chainrasps that need my attention. I'm imagining that they're invading Chamon from the Necroquake and have taken on a metallic lustre with an oily look to their ethereal parts. Hopefully it makes sense in the fluff, I'm not very well versed in it yet.

Spoiler:




Cool colour scheme mate, very nice.

"All their ferocity was turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals" - Orwell, 1984 
   
Made in ca
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot






Mostly finished Hurakan Wind Spirit. Waiting for the bases I ordered to get in before finishing that up.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/19 13:58:53


 Rippy wrote:
When you lose to a 7 year old, it's wise to not come and admit it and then try to blame the armies
 
   
Made in us
Legendary Master of the Chapter





Chicago, Illinois

I am working on my stormcasts and painting them up like dark angels. They look a lot better than I thought they would.
   
Made in us
Second Story Man




Astonished of Heck

 Asherian Command wrote:
I am working on my stormcasts and painting them up like dark angels. They look a lot better than I thought they would.

All Greenwing, or are you going to have some Raven and Deathwing in the mix?

Either way, sounds interesting.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.
 
   
Made in gb
Nasty Nob





UK

 Thadin wrote:
Mostly finished Hurakan Wind Spirit. Waiting for the bases I ordered to get in before finishing that up.

Spoiler:


Spoiler:


Very striking whites and yellows, looking forward to seeing it based.

"All their ferocity was turned outwards, against enemies of the State, foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals" - Orwell, 1984 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Chaos Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

Just building as a distraction.

Decided it's time to start getting my Death forces going with some building. Multiple generations sit well next to eachother.

[Thumb - death.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/23 11:11:11



Now only a CSM player. 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






 Tyranid Horde wrote:
I made a start to my Nighthaunt army over the weekend. I'm working on making a fast but striking scheme as I've got 80 chainrasps that need my attention. I'm imagining that they're invading Chamon from the Necroquake and have taken on a metallic lustre with an oily look to their ethereal parts. Hopefully it makes sense in the fluff, I'm not very well versed in it yet.

Spoiler:



Yeah that looks awesome! Totally fits with the fluff too, especially if they were from Chamon in life.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/04/23 14:43:39


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Procrastinator extraordinaire





Edinburgh, UK

Cheers r_squard and NinthMusketeer! Knocked out 17 more minis for the ChamonHaunt over the last week and it's cool to see the force coming together. Only 65 chainrasps, 10 bladegheist revenants and a slew of characters to go! Is that snakebite leather on the bow @Thadin?





This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/23 15:24:37


5000 Fir Farillecassion Eldar W/L/D 4th Ed Codex - 14/7/1 6th Ed Codex - 9/1/0 7th Ed Codex - 4/1/1 8th Ed Codex - 20/6/2 9th Ed - 2/1/0
2000 Hive Fleet Zenith
The Cutting Mat Chat: A hobby blog
Excoriators! The forgotten Second Founding Chapter P&M blog
Instagram, follow for other hobby updates 
   
Made in us
Humming Great Unclean One of Nurgle






Oh wow those are gorgeous! Really fantastic highlighting work, and the liquid metal effect you have going, probably my favorite NH paint scheme I've ever seen.
   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Just building as a distraction.

Decided it's time to start getting my Death forces going with some building. Multiple generations sit well next to eachother.


Wow, I hate that the new vampires stand almost as tall as the red duke on horseback. That feels like giving scale creep a footstool to stand on.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Ancient Chaos Terminator






Surfing the Tervigon Wave...on a baby.

Voss wrote:
 DarkStarSabre wrote:
Just building as a distraction.

Decided it's time to start getting my Death forces going with some building. Multiple generations sit well next to eachother.


Wow, I hate that the new vampires stand almost as tall as the red duke on horseback. That feels like giving scale creep a footstool to stand on.


To be honest, they've kind of grown on me. The Vamp Lord on the back of the Zombie Dragon's pretty damn big himself as well - significantly so.

As someone said - WoW factor - I kind of like the idea that they're bigger than their lackeys due to raw Necromantic power. They certainly have the poses for it.


Now only a CSM player. 
   
Made in au
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus






 Tyranid Horde wrote:
Cheers r_squard and NinthMusketeer! Knocked out 17 more minis for the ChamonHaunt over the last week and it's cool to see the force coming together. Only 65 chainrasps, 10 bladegheist revenants and a slew of characters to go! Is that snakebite leather on the bow @Thadin?







Dude! I wasn’t sure if I liked the scheme when you showed your first ones, but after showing a few more you’ve changed my mind. These look really cool. Really unique and very interesting!
   
Made in ca
Excellent Exalted Champion of Chaos





British Columbia

Nice to have little Gobbla done to go with big brother


 Crimson Devil wrote:
That's what 7th edition is about. Yelling "Forge the Narrative Pussy!" while kicking your opponent in the dick.
 BlaxicanX wrote:
A young business man named Tom Kirby, who was a pupil of mine until he turned greedy, helped the capitalists hunt down and destroy the wargamers. He betrayed and murdered Games Workshop.


 
   
Made in ca
Hacking Shang Jí





Calgary, Great White North

Finished my endless spell to get me in the mood to restart my DoK. With the release of the second army book and spells, it feels like they’re finally a complete army.

Rather than “blood snek dripping blood”, I’m going for “creature of shadow forming from eldritch sorcery”.
[Thumb - 752785AE-A60D-4B8F-B45B-C6E5FACABC0F.jpeg]

[Thumb - C92B8928-1B88-4135-AC89-3B4132F8A1E6.jpeg]


   
Made in au
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus






@Mastiff, dude that looks sick! Love the almost metallic looking scales going on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/04/27 15:49:37


 
   
Made in be
Raging Rat Ogre






@Mastiff really cool take on this!

I've been working on the Cursed City box:


The boy, I say, the boy is as sharp as a sack of wet mice... 
   
Made in ca
Hacking Shang Jí





Calgary, Great White North

Thanks guys!

Elmir, that pack of undead looks amazing. Really love the dirty, aged armour. Are you using metallics or greys as the base?

   
Made in be
Raging Rat Ogre






 Mastiff wrote:
Thanks guys!

Elmir, that pack of undead looks amazing. Really love the dirty, aged armour. Are you using metallics or greys as the base?


I started off with ironhands steel, but it got 3 different matt wash layers, so that really dulls it down... Makes the silves highlights, scratches and dents stand out a bit more too.

The boy, I say, the boy is as sharp as a sack of wet mice... 
   
 
Forum Index » AoS General Discussion
Go to: