Switch Theme:

40k codex release schedule rumor  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in in
[MOD]
Illuminati






New Delhi, India

 Commissar Benny wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
The rumor I saw also lists Orks in June along with a campaign book and boxed set.


If GW has any business sense at all, it will be the 4th war for Armageddon. IG/Orks boxed set. No way they are going to release more marines after they just released primaris boxed set. A Steel Legion/Ork campaign box would literally print money.


Problem is it would be two hoard armies, unless they had a really odd selection of Orks or Guard.

 
   
Made in fi
Fixture of Dakka





 Commissar Benny wrote:
 LunarSol wrote:
The rumor I saw also lists Orks in June along with a campaign book and boxed set.


If GW has any business sense at all, it will be the 4th war for Armageddon. IG/Orks boxed set. No way they are going to release more marines after they just released primaris boxed set. A Steel Legion/Ork campaign box would literally print money.


Has there yet to been box set without marines EVER? Doubt they are going to break the template.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

8100 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
 MajorWesJanson wrote:
Unless they get another new kit of some sort to expand their range, imperial knights would be best served by being rolled into a forces of the Imperium book with the other mini imperial factions to make a new Imperial agents book. No real need for a third codex based around a single kit.
That's a good idea. Good place for them to go.
If there is an Imperial Agents codex, that is where they belong. 5 weapon choices does not an army make.

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in it
Been Around the Block





From reddit, not my rumour:
u/revburn: Since people keep asking, this information was passed onto me secondhand and is from a vendor email to a shop owner.
I'm not denying that there is a chance of it being fake however, as proven in the history of this subreddit some of the most legit things are usually blasted as fake.
Now if it is proven fake I will pen a formal apology to this sub-reddit with a few days time of it being proven so.

Here should be the release schedule until June:
Spoiler:

5000 pts
3100 pts 
   
Made in us
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





Sioux Falls, SD

The sad thing is that, if there is a Campaign box, it will be Space Marines v. Something. Because there aren't enough Space Marines v. Something boxes out there already (none of which are limited).

5250 pts
3850 pts
Deathwatch: 1500 pts
Imperial Knights: 375 pts
30K 2500 pts 
   
Made in us
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





 casvalremdeikun wrote:
The sad thing is that, if there is a Campaign box, it will be Space Marines v. Something. Because there aren't enough Space Marines v. Something boxes out there already (none of which are limited).

Space Marines vs. Orks, considering the codex timing, or something else that wouldn't have a codex by the time of release. Maybe Space Marines vs. Genestealer Cults, using it as an excuse to give the Aberrants a sprue to themselves? Then again just reprising the Deathwatch: Overkill box seems unlikely, lol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/11 09:23:52


 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

About this summer 40k campaign box : if the trend continues it's almost guaranteed it will be Imperium vs. Chaos. I guess it could be a way for GW to do a Primarch vs Primarch release.

If the Space Wolves Codex indeed comes in June, I can see a Russ vs Angron release ("Ragestorm" or "Ragetempest"), with some World Eaters, their Codex, maybe plastic Flesh-Hounds (that way, GW doesn't disturb their Chaos-in-Winter release pattern, Winter 2018-2019 probably being Slaanesh with EC and AOS).

Remember there is a huge World Eater army going to Terra right now. Russ could show up to save the day with some more of his wulfenesque sons. (And we have Adeptus Cutosdes now too).

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in es
Dakka Veteran





there are more rumors that this year is for slaanesh.
So the chaos primarch should be fulgrim.



would be great the old rumor of new box sisters vs genestealer cults. (both are not named in that list) with imperial agents/inq



Also seing that the heralds of malign portents will be on february, maybe the next weeks will be custodes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/11 09:53:21


 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Yes it should be like this.

What I meant is indeed Russ and Angron around Summer 2018, and then Fulgrim in Winter 2018-2019 (so "this year" too).

I'm quite sure Slaanesh is end of the year, but I'm sure GW can put out 2-3 primarchs for 40k this year.

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets






 HorticulusDK wrote:
About this summer 40k campaign box : if the trend continues it's almost guaranteed it will be Imperium vs. Chaos. I guess it could be a way for GW to do a Primarch vs Primarch release.

If the Space Wolves Codex indeed comes in June, I can see a Russ vs Angron release ("Ragestorm" or "Ragetempest"), with some World Eaters, their Codex, maybe plastic Flesh-Hounds (that way, GW doesn't disturb their Chaos-in-Winter release pattern, Winter 2018-2019 probably being Slaanesh with EC and AOS).

Remember there is a huge World Eater army going to Terra right now. Russ could show up to save the day with some more of his wulfenesque sons. (And we have Adeptus Cutosdes now too).

Do you think that 2 Primarchs would be the in the boxed set? Because I could never see that happening and I couldn't see them releasing Primarchs at the same time as a boxed set either. Primarchs shift boxes anyway, there'd be no point in adding a boxed set to encourage further purchases.

To be honest, I doubt GW will release more than one Primarch at a time, it is too big an event to wrap up with another.
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Well what I meant is that I think the boxset will be Imperium vs Chaos. Maybe Space Wolves vs World Eaters.

And with the campaign we could see Russ and Angron, but with other releases, not in the boxset of course.

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in fi
Fixture of Dakka





Primarch would be separately. They wouldn't give THAT huge discount or make start box expensive enough to make discount not be significantly more than before

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

8100 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in ca
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





I think we can be almost garnteed they won't put out two primarchs together. a Primarch is a big deal. they're "Headline events" and releasing two at once would over shadow one.


I also doubt we'll see Angron this year. IIRC none of the rumor mongers have suggested him, combined with some fluff where an attempt to summon him was topped. AND that he wasn't specificly mentioned in GS3 among the demon primarchs reacting to his return (Mortorian and fulgrim meanwhile where) makes me conclude Angron's not on their slate for the IMMEDIATE FUTURE. an d may be next year, if not "a couple of years off" possiably intended to be the "big splash" for 2019?

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in fi
Fixture of Dakka





BrianDavion wrote:
I think we can be almost garnteed they won't put out two primarchs together. a Primarch is a big deal. they're "Headline events" and releasing two at once would over shadow one.


I also doubt we'll see Angron this year. IIRC none of the rumor mongers have suggested him, combined with some fluff where an attempt to summon him was topped. AND that he wasn't specificly mentioned in GS3 among the demon primarchs reacting to his return (Mortorian and fulgrim meanwhile where) makes me conclude Angron's not on their slate for the IMMEDIATE FUTURE. an d may be next year, if not "a couple of years off" possiably intended to be the "big splash" for 2019?


Hastings(who has had pretty much spot on track records) stated around time Guillimann specifically called out Guillimann, Mortarion, Magnus, Russ and Angon(didn't specify order except for Guillimann being first obviously since it was already known release)

Of course it's possible he was mistaken or things got changed afterwards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/11 10:36:25


“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

8100 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in de
Imperial Agent Provocateur






 Commissar Benny wrote:

A Steel Legion/Ork campaign box would literally print money.


Plastic Greatcoats and new Orks .... I would be broke in an instant

Please correct my english. I won't get any better if you don't. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




A loyalist Primarch in a box set isn't implausible. Though wildly oversized, they are still only dreadnoughtish in size and Gulliman came in a three character box set.

A daemon Primarch In a box set would be extremely improbable given their hugeness and cost. It'd be just short of having a Knight in a box set.
   
Made in ca
Chaplain with Hate to Spare





tneva82 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
I think we can be almost garnteed they won't put out two primarchs together. a Primarch is a big deal. they're "Headline events" and releasing two at once would over shadow one.


I also doubt we'll see Angron this year. IIRC none of the rumor mongers have suggested him, combined with some fluff where an attempt to summon him was topped. AND that he wasn't specificly mentioned in GS3 among the demon primarchs reacting to his return (Mortorian and fulgrim meanwhile where) makes me conclude Angron's not on their slate for the IMMEDIATE FUTURE. an d may be next year, if not "a couple of years off" possiably intended to be the "big splash" for 2019?


Hastings(who has had pretty much spot on track records) stated around time Guillimann specifically called out Guillimann, Mortarion, Magnus, Russ and Angon(didn't specify order except for Guillimann being first obviously since it was already known release)

Of course it's possible he was mistaken or things got changed afterwards.


I recall that too although I seem to recall it being Fulgrim not Angron.

which honestly makes sense, useally deamon primarch releases coincide with a major release for stuff associated with that demon (the legion stuff followed by demon releases in 2-3 months) thing about Angron is we already have plastic Khorne Bezerkers, plastic blood thristers and a lot of other things, Khorn has gotten a TON of love which could delay a angron release. (on the other hand it could make things easier for one, really the only new kit WEs need IMHO is a terminator bezerker. toss that out and some other fun stuff like bezerkers riding hounds and I think it's set.

Ultimately the power of an Inquisitor extends as far as he can make it extend 
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




tneva82 wrote:


Hastings(who has had pretty much spot on track records) stated around time Guillimann specifically called out Guillimann, Mortarion, Magnus, Russ and Angon(didn't specify order except for Guillimann being first obviously since it was already known release)

Of course it's possible he was mistaken or things got changed afterwards.


??? Guilliman wasn't first (even of those listed).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/11 11:17:17


 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Stonecold Gimster






Although I bought the new 40k rulebook and some of the new Primaris stuff and DG stuff, I'm actually more put off the game at the moment due to lack of variety.
It seems GW have made a game of Red Marines vs Blue Marines vs Green Marines vs Yellow Marines vs Silver Marines vs (new) Gold Marines vs Black Marines vs Dirty Evil Chaos Marines vs Rainbow Marines... etc.
So much for protecting mankind from the alien menace. What alien menace? They just fight amongst themselves.

Seriously, how many more main colours are there to sell a new flavour of Space Marines before we get Aliens?

My Painting Blog: http://gimgamgoo.com/
Currently most played: Silent Death, Beyond the Gates of Antares, Dracula's America, Bolt Action, X-Wing 
   
Made in fi
Fixture of Dakka





Sunny Side Up wrote:
tneva82 wrote:


Hastings(who has had pretty much spot on track records) stated around time Guillimann specifically called out Guillimann, Mortarion, Magnus, Russ and Angon(didn't specify order except for Guillimann being first obviously since it was already known release)

Of course it's possible he was mistaken or things got changed afterwards.


??? Guilliman wasn't first (even of those listed).


Huh? Was it Magnus then? Memory failing. Either way when first primarch was released Hastings named 5 primarch. Until another reliable source says otherwise I'm betting on those 5 being first 5 due to Hasting's track record.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

8100 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

BrianDavion wrote:
I think we can be almost garnteed they won't put out two primarchs together. a Primarch is a big deal. they're "Headline events" and releasing two at once would over shadow one.


I also doubt we'll see Angron this year. IIRC none of the rumor mongers have suggested him, combined with some fluff where an attempt to summon him was topped. AND that he wasn't specificly mentioned in GS3 among the demon primarchs reacting to his return (Mortorian and fulgrim meanwhile where) makes me conclude Angron's not on their slate for the IMMEDIATE FUTURE. an d may be next year, if not "a couple of years off" possiably intended to be the "big splash" for 2019?


in fact, Bob of War of Sigmar (Lady Atia) has been saying there would be Khorne this year / summer.

That would be the occasion to release a World Eater codex, with plastic berserkers, plastic terminators, plastic flesh-hounds, 1-2 plastic characters and Angron.
(I.e. a Wrath of Magnus / Thousand sons sized release, coming with a campaign book).

That way, both World Eaters and Khorne Daemons ranges would be complete for 40k (AOS Blade of Khorne already done), that would just be another codex for this year...

... ending, as it should with all things Slaanesh , with Fulgrim & EC in November / Keeper Of Secret & Daemons for AOS in January, as we have seen for Tzeentch and Nurgle the last two years.

"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

 von Hohenstein wrote:
 Commissar Benny wrote:

A Steel Legion/Ork campaign box would literally print money.


Plastic Greatcoats and new Orks .... I would be broke in an instant


Oh my Emperor I just realised a storm is brewing for Armageddon, with Orks getting a codex that month, imagine the campaign box and book being Warzone: Armageddon.

Orks vs Steel Legion, then release Angron and Khorne goodies along side the campaign...... be still my beating heart, I swear if this is the case.........Mighty Emperor......

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in gb
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets






 Gimgamgoo wrote:
Although I bought the new 40k rulebook and some of the new Primaris stuff and DG stuff, I'm actually more put off the game at the moment due to lack of variety.
It seems GW have made a game of Red Marines vs Blue Marines vs Green Marines vs Yellow Marines vs Silver Marines vs (new) Gold Marines vs Black Marines vs Dirty Evil Chaos Marines vs Rainbow Marines... etc.
So much for protecting mankind from the alien menace. What alien menace? They just fight amongst themselves.

Seriously, how many more main colours are there to sell a new flavour of Space Marines before we get Aliens?

You're not the only one bud. Hopefully we get a resurgence of the Xenos threat once more dexes are made available. Ideally there's a campaign focused on Xenos with new model releases but that might be too much to ask.
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

I found one of the "Khorne for 2018 rumors". Note that Lady Atia and Bob don't seem to agree on the release order
[Thumb - Khorne & Slaanesh.png]


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in nl
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Somewhere... over the rainbow

 unmercifulconker wrote:
 von Hohenstein wrote:
 Commissar Benny wrote:

A Steel Legion/Ork campaign box would literally print money.


Plastic Greatcoats and new Orks .... I would be broke in an instant


Oh my Emperor I just realised a storm is brewing for Armageddon, with Orks getting a codex that month, imagine the campaign box and book being Warzone: Armageddon.

Orks vs Steel Legion, then release Angron and Khorne goodies along side the campaign...... be still my beating heart, I swear if this is the case.........Mighty Emperor......

I could see an Armageddon box with Orks. But not with Steel Legion. It will be Space Marines vs Orks instead. Because every box always has Space Marines. Space Marines sell better than anything else.
Plastic Steel Legion is kinda to IG players what the plastic Thunderhawk is to SM players. Something we would all really like to see, and for which rumours come up every now and then but which is likely never going to actually happen.
Which is a pity, since I would really like to have plastic Steel Legion to use as a base for conversions. If GW ever releases new plastic IG infantry, it will most likely just be new Cadians.

А сегодня, что для завтра сделал Я?
But today I don't feel like doing anything... 
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




 HorticulusDK wrote:
I found one of the "Khorne for 2018 rumors". Note that Lady Atia and Bob don't seem to agree on the release order


As much as I Wish for Khorne, I trust Atia more than Bob. Btw her prediction of both Khorne and Slaanesh is a dead given, following the release of death Guard and 1k Sons.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Arkansas

Any word on DeathWatch? What has the most current rules for DW?

taskforce Harbinger 3000pts Ishvale Ash Rats Violet Fems+ 2000ptsHouse Cadmus Knights and Defenders Crimson Fists dressed in deathwatch garb to many points to figure out
Deathwatch
3000 
   
Made in ax
Missionary On A Mission






 necrontyrOG wrote:
I trust Natfka rumors about as much as I trust the sushi at the gas station.


You do know Natfka never has and never will be any rumors source? He finds or is sent stuff and posts what he thinks might be credible or of interest.

That's like me saying I don't trust you if you posted a rumor you found and reposted here on Dakka.

   
Made in fr
Trazyn's Museum Curator





on the forum. Obviously

 ThirstySpaceMan wrote:
Any word on DeathWatch? What has the most current rules for DW?


Index Imperial 1 + CA

What I have
LM
What I like stomping


Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!

A longbeard when it comes to Necrons and WHFB. Grumble Grumble

 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





A boxed game I have heard of, which may link into a 40k event/campaign is a "warhammer quest" style/based 40k game based in a necron tomb (note this could be a tomb world, tomb ship or necron tech, it was not clear) and apparently leads to a race to reclaim a relic between abaddon and guilliman and is a progression of the narrative.

Details were light, but was said to have some great references to rogue trader and earlier days of 40k lore.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/11 14:15:57


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: